Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Calling All EVE Online Filmmakers: Show What Makes EVE Uni...

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
mydingaling
mydingaling
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.22 02:12:12 - [1] - Quote

CCP you really need to not be so tight.

Plex cost you nothing to produce. There should have been a prize of 1 plex each for the next top 100-200 entries. The majority of people will not participate in this competition because they know they are never going to compete with the talent of some gaming video producers out there not to mention the difference between available potential footage from being in a massive or elite space corp. A great deal of your player base know they have absolutely no chance to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd but they might have a shot at that top few hundred and earn a plex which is enough incentive to give it a go. It is the same with the tournament, for the majority of us its the moment we get to watch the 1% get adorned with exclusive gifts we will never see in our lifetimes, how exciting.

Most of us remember back when the learning skills were changed and we got those bonus skill points which meant you could finally nail some level 5 you just could never bring yourself to train. That was f*n awesome. Seeing that mechanism was put was exciting because it meant it was possible for you to bestow skill point gifts. I was sure you were going to throw some out there sometimes. I had been waiting for it but as big events and opportunities rolled by I realised that it was never going to happen. There is no reason you couldn't randomly give a gift of x number of skill points to each account at Christmas or just f*n randomly because its a cool thing to do and your players would love it. How many of us used to 'train a long skill' during patches just in case that urban legend type moment happened where we logged back in and the training was complete. But it never happened, you really should have just done that sometimes. I understand that it would be bad to give too much but you are a long long way from that.

TLDR: frugality is opportunity lost considering the cost to you of the gifts you have available to bestow.

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240504/0130
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.