Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Calling All EVE Online Filmmakers: Show What Makes EVE Uni...

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
Primary This Rifter
Primary This Rifter
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2014.12.15 11:19:53 - [61] - Quote

Alt of [redacted on advice from a reputable internet spaceships lawyer]

Chance Ravinne
Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2014.12.24 20:42:10 - [62] - Quote

Very important question:

It says I can't use "copyrighted" music.

Is this a shortcut for saying "you can't steal music" or does it literally mean music that is in anyway copyrighted material?

For instance, can I use music for which I own licensing rights? If I have previously produced and copyrighted my own music, can I use it? If I produce a cover or reorchestration of a song, including a CCP song, can I use it?

I'm only asking because the example given for this bullet point leads me to believe it was just legal shorthand.

You've just read another amazing post by WiNGSPANTT, the 4th Best Commentator on YouTube! GÇï Follow along with my exploration and stealth bomber adventures on my YouTube channel

Solecist Project
Solecist Project
All Glory to the HypnoBoobs

Posted - 2015.01.13 17:48:15 - [63] - Quote

Chance Ravinne wrote:
Very important question:

It says I can't use "copyrighted" music.

Is this a shortcut for saying "you can't steal music" or does it literally mean music that is in anyway copyrighted material?

For instance, can I use music for which I own licensing rights? If I have previously produced and copyrighted my own music, can I use it? If I produce a cover or reorchestration of a song, including a CCP song, can I use it?

I'm only asking because the example given for this bullet point leads me to believe it was just legal shorthand.

I'll take a good guess.

Rights are an issue. Even if you own the rights,
what happens if you change your mind?
What happens when someone else owns the rights?
As there are many possibilities, they simply don't allow any music that is copyrighted.

Think about it. You do something and in five years they use it extensively ...
... and then you come with open hands, trying to collect.

Example, but the point is clear ... no copyrighted music at all.

Ralph King-Griffin > **** you sol, years, ****ing years since thats happend

The Cuppy Cake Song <3 <3 <3 :D :D :D

Come along now, come along with me and I'll eeaasee your pain..

Pietro Vitale
Pietro Vitale
Green Skull LLC

Posted - 2015.01.19 16:38:32 - [64] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
  • A link to download your video must be submitted to [email protected] between December 5, 2014 and February 20,
  • 2015 and contain the text GÇ£This is EVE video submissionGÇ¥ in the subject line.

Can someone please recommend the best way to do this? I don't see an obvious download link on Youtube. What's the easiest way to provide a download for a large video file? I would hate to get disqualified because I didn't submit in the correct format. Roll

CCP Falcon wrote:
  • All videos must end with credits that include the real and in-game names for everyone who helped create the trailer.
  • Still hoping for clarification on this. I don't mind submitting RL names to CCP with the video but I don't see why they need to be in the credits. Can we put it at the very end of the credits so you can crop it out before airing? I think most people don't want their identity broadcast...
    Lirya Sertan
    Lirya Sertan
    Second Battlegroup
    Nerfed Alliance Go Away

Posted - 2015.01.29 15:36:48 - [65] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
    Please note all of the real and in-game names of those who helped with your video in the submission video.

Does this mean that everyone helping with the video must have an Eve Online character? Some friends of mine are excited to help out in post but don't play Eve Onine.
    Idoru Yoshikawa
    Idoru Yoshikawa
    Eternity INC.
    Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.04 11:49:01 - [66] - Quote

Presidente Gallente wrote:
    If we just had a decent, script based Battle Recorder to create post-cinematics from different camera perspectives (like what CCP is doing), then CCP would get a lot of epic promotion material. For free..

Couldn't agree more.

Using "This is EVE" as an example for this campaign is like saying "Look at my Titan. Nice uh? Now go doomsday somebody in your Rifter"

EDIT: however, I would do my best. But it sucks to imagine what it could be.
    Lord Maldoror
    Lord Maldoror
    Fairlight Corp
    Rooks and Kings

Posted - 2015.02.09 04:59:16 - [67] - Quote

Presidente Gallente wrote:
    If we just had a decent, script based Battle Recorder to create post-cinematics from different camera perspectives (like what CCP is doing), then CCP would get a lot of epic promotion material. For free..

If we had the option to record all action into a script for a playback with the EVE engine with great camera features we would have endless and fantastic possibilities to present intense battles from complete new and different perspectives. Filmmakers would be able to edit never seen before videos of real action of a video game and maybe it all can be rendered in a much better quality. This would be something completely new in the game industry and attract many people with passion for film making.

I think it's important to distinguish between a cinematic editor for creating scenes (such as Jessica or the recent developments with Eve Probe) and a "Battle Recorder".

A game like Counter-Strike. or even World of Tanks, is essentially sport. A game of football or a motor race lends itself well to endless replays, to be carefully discussed, studied and enjoyed.

Eve is an open world sandbox that benefits from the 'Fog of War'. Information is power and it's important that people have to work for that information. I'm not sure I'd like anyone to be able to record everything on a grid and play it back at their leisure.

Positioning on a grid is vital to strategy. Not every Fraps recording will show you exactly where a dictor was before it cloaked or which ship from a tightly knit group dropped a cyno. From overview ranges you can extrapolate some information about the spatial positioning of a hostile fleet but never to the same extent as being able to pan around them at your leisure.

There is - and should always be - a huge difference between what two different players interpret from what they 'see' (and thus what they record). Doing a "look at" at the right ship at the right time can tell you a huge amount about an emergent strategy or tactic. My best scout should not be interchangeable with my worst. Otherwise they would not need to even be present at all and we could just send recorded replay files to them after the event.

An integral aspect on which the Eve-Is-Real motif hinges is to be able to say, "I was there, this is what I saw".

PS. As regards this competition, and as already mentioned elsewhere in the thread, there is no RnK entry (a variety of things in the terms and conditions raise issues) but you can expect more material, as usual, in the coming months. Generally speaking, it's great to see CCP putting a focus on the emergent gameplay of their universe. While you have to work to find them, the experiences on offer in New Eden are good enough for the game to sell itself. I have no doubt the competition will yield some fine examples.

Rooks and Kings Youtube

l0rd carlos
    l0rd carlos
    TURN DOWN.
    The Camel Empire

Posted - 2015.02.10 07:51:14 - [68] - Quote

Is music with CC BY-NC 4.0 allowed? Or only CC BY 4.0?

Are we allowed to use Sisi footage? Or does it have to be all 100% TQ recordings with no re-enacted scenes?

German blog about smallscale lowsec pvp: http://friendsofharassment.wordpress.com

Krops Vont
    Krops Vont
    Hard Knocks Inc.

Posted - 2015.02.12 03:09:18 - [69] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
  • All videos must end with credits that include the real and in-game names for everyone who helped create the trailer.

• Does this mean any video used such as players inside bombers bar, the uploader johnny pew, or old videos of titans blown up and list the video as credits? "Help create trailer" meaning anyone in video editing, video submission, or character help in TQ/SISI?

Arrow Don't suppose you could put All V on SISI so people limited to some ships trying this cant carry out their venture?

CCP Falcon wrote:
  • Please note all of the real and in-game names of those who helped with your video in the submission video.

• People who don not want their real name but still help?

CCP Falcon wrote:
  • Otherwise, however, you cannot use copyrighted video or music from anyone. Period. No Metallica or Lamb of God background music. No Star Wars video spliced in.

• Please be more specific with this. I want to use a track that has literally no trace on the internet that I got years ago. I'm afraid to even use this without lashback.

As with any human, we must map out everything for the sake of living. So what happens when you put the same aspect in a game with random events? They go nuts trying to figure out how to predict and map out everything.

Krops Vont
    Krops Vont
    Hard Knocks Inc.

Posted - 2015.02.13 21:37:48 - [70] - Quote

Bump...

As with any human, we must map out everything for the sake of living. So what happens when you put the same aspect in a game with random events? They go nuts trying to figure out how to predict and map out everything.

Delt0r Garsk
    Delt0r Garsk
    Shits N Giggles

Posted - 2015.02.16 13:28:39 - [71] - Quote

Krops Vont wrote:
    Bump...

They have not posted a single offical reply once since the original post. They are not going to start now.

either fanfest is keeping them too busy, or this was a sort of on the side thing that got forgotten.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Norrin Zelkarr
    Norrin Zelkarr
    Universalis Imperium
    The Bastion

Posted - 2015.02.21 12:26:38 - [72] - Quote

Now that the deadline has come and gone...post your entries!
    Here's mine!
    2Sonas1Cup
    2Sonas1Cup

Posted - 2015.02.21 15:47:08 - [73] - Quote

Three one-year subscriptions to Adobe Creative Cloud Complete
    Sponsored, free for CCP

100 PLEX
    Give isks to someone, digital pixels, free for CCP

Three copies of EVE: The Second Decade CollectorGÇÖs Edition signed by the EVE Online development team
    A book. -ú5 manufacturing object.

So basically, CCP is paying -ú30 (6 books with images) for massive advertising through social networking + free video which they will massively profit from more advertising and marketing which will provide more social networking and hype about eve for the next couple months.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Certainly better than pay for proper video professionals plus creative people with ideas plus advertisement agents, and still stay behind on the social networking.

I wouldn't do this unless I'm paid CASH.
    Jack Xristeu
    Jack Xristeu
    Frontier Adventurers
    Divum Liberi

Posted - 2015.02.21 23:27:43 - [74] - Quote

recommended video software for recording?

Too late for this year, but I would like to give this a shot for next year.
    mydingaling
    mydingaling
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.22 02:12:12 - [75] - Quote

CCP you really need to not be so tight.

Plex cost you nothing to produce. There should have been a prize of 1 plex each for the next top 100-200 entries. The majority of people will not participate in this competition because they know they are never going to compete with the talent of some gaming video producers out there not to mention the difference between available potential footage from being in a massive or elite space corp. A great deal of your player base know they have absolutely no chance to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd but they might have a shot at that top few hundred and earn a plex which is enough incentive to give it a go. It is the same with the tournament, for the majority of us its the moment we get to watch the 1% get adorned with exclusive gifts we will never see in our lifetimes, how exciting.

Most of us remember back when the learning skills were changed and we got those bonus skill points which meant you could finally nail some level 5 you just could never bring yourself to train. That was f*n awesome. Seeing that mechanism was put was exciting because it meant it was possible for you to bestow skill point gifts. I was sure you were going to throw some out there sometimes. I had been waiting for it but as big events and opportunities rolled by I realised that it was never going to happen. There is no reason you couldn't randomly give a gift of x number of skill points to each account at Christmas or just f*n randomly because its a cool thing to do and your players would love it. How many of us used to 'train a long skill' during patches just in case that urban legend type moment happened where we logged back in and the training was complete. But it never happened, you really should have just done that sometimes. I understand that it would be bad to give too much but you are a long long way from that.

TLDR: frugality is opportunity lost considering the cost to you of the gifts you have available to bestow.
    Krops Vont
    Krops Vont
    Hard Knocks Inc.
    Hard Knocks Citizens

Posted - 2015.02.22 04:01:03 - [76] - Quote

Norrin Zelkarr wrote:
    Now that the deadline has come and gone...post your entries!
    Here's mine!

Edit: Don't look if you want to see them at fanfest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHrKW3VO_nQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHWLRiWKsdc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhVk2gWIgxM

I made 2 and a half :D

I don't care about prizes (But they are nice if I do win). The chance to get my stuff out there and featured even at fanfest is my dream.

Primary This Rifter
    Primary This Rifter
    4S Corporation
    Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 00:05:33 - [77] - Quote

mydingaling wrote:
    CCP you really need to not be so tight.

Plex cost you nothing to produce.

That's not really true, though.
    If CCP creates a PLEX for free, that's a PLEX that wasn't paid for with the real $ value of PLEX. It's a lost opportunity cost.

Reminder: CCP thinks you have no right to your alliance logos.

Norrin Zelkarr
    Norrin Zelkarr
    Universalis Imperium
    The Bastion

Posted - 2015.03.19 23:35:31 - [78] - Quote

Can one of the devs post here and let us know who the top 3 winners were? Not able to attend Fanfest. :/
    Alt Two
    Alt Two
    Tribal Liberation Force
    Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.03.19 23:59:11 - [79] - Quote

Norrin Zelkarr wrote:
    Can one of the devs post here and let us know who the top 3 winners were? Not able to attend Fanfest. :/

The winner was a poorly made Korean copy of CCP's own "This is EVE". But I guess that is to be expected of asians. Cheap knockoffs.

And CCP is selling out and trying to attract asian players, so no surprise that it won really.
    Da'iel Zehn
    Da'iel Zehn
    Evil Frosty's Premium Liqours and Fine Wines

Posted - 2015.03.20 19:43:02 - [80] - Quote

Here was my entry.

Youtube Link

Of course, it was inspired by real events in game etc. \0/

Smile
    Norrin Zelkarr
    Norrin Zelkarr
    Universalis Imperium
    The Bastion

Posted - 2015.03.21 01:00:52 - [81] - Quote

Alt Two wrote:
    Norrin Zelkarr wrote:

The winner was a poorly made Korean copy of CCP's own "This is EVE". But I guess that is to be expected of asians. Cheap knockoffs.

And CCP is selling out and trying to attract asian players, so no surprise that it won really.

I don't mind not winning, but I have to say I'm pretty salty to have lost to that. :/
    Krops Vont
    Krops Vont
    Hard Knocks Inc.
    Hard Knocks Citizens

Posted - 2015.03.21 02:15:13 - [82] - Quote

Norrin Zelkarr wrote:
    Alt Two wrote:
    Norrin Zelkarr wrote:

I don't mind not winning, but I have to say I'm pretty salty to have lost to that. :/

Literally no change from the original. Same scheme. Same outcome. Just another language.

Dast Stark
    Dast Stark
    University of Caille
    Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.03.21 05:54:30 - [83] - Quote

Norrin Zelkarr wrote:

was there here is one of them: This is EVE - The Capsuleer

Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page
    First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240424/2139
    EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.