| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Anscar
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 22:54:00 -
[1]
Educate me, please. Why would I want to spend 250M for a HAC (Cerberus) rather than 100M for a BS (Raven)? About the only advantages I can see to the HAC is better resists, better speed, and slightly better targeting range. On the other hand, I'd have fewer slots, no drones, and less powerful weapons. Plus, I'd need beaucoup additional training for the HAC. Granted, if I'd been playing for years and had bazillions of ISK and 30M SP, I'd probably do it just to do it. Obviously, there must be something good about HAC's. What am I missing here? Thanks.
|

GC13
Caldari Freelancing Corp Confederation of Independent Corporations
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 23:05:00 -
[2]
1) Very mobile for gank squads.
2) Adds +2 inches to your e-peen length.
3) The pants command me.
---
New to Eve? Interested in manufacturing stuff, or doing research on blueprints? Check out my fully-updated Science and Industry guide. |

solarwinds
Minmatar Isotope Laboratories Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 23:20:00 -
[3]
HAC's are pretty dominant on the battlefield in general. The substantial resists make them incredibly tough and very easy to tank with, when played to their abilities they are all extremely dangerous. More armor, more shields, more cap, faster recharge, better speed, more CPU and PG, better combat capabilities, they are improved over their cruiser counterpart in every respect. And all those skillpoints really pay off in the long run. That Raven may be a better general-purpose ship than the Cerberus, but I guarantee I'd rather run into a Raven in PvP than a Cerberus... __________ Your wife's B!tch Slap strikes you perfectly, wrecking for a lifetime of pain and misery... |

Aeaea
XanoTech
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 23:21:00 -
[4]
Originally by: GC13 1) Very mobile for gank squads.
2) Adds +2 inches to your e-peen length.
3) The pants command me.
Exactly, the mobility is probably the number one factor though.
|

Derrys
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve Kimotoro Directive
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 03:13:00 -
[5]
A HAC is also effective against a wider range of targets. Its total DPS may not be as high as a well-equipped battleship, but because its weapons have better sig resolution and tracking, it can tear cruisers to shreds where a battleship would have trouble. It's even dangerous to frigates in the right circumstances.
-- Admiral Derrys Otireya Commander, Fleet Operations, Caldari Independent Navy Reserve Fleet Admiral, Kimotoro Directive |

Siege
Minmatar Siegecraft Bounty Hunting
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 03:28:00 -
[6]
Yes, HAC's are very nasty opponents. Never underestimate the power of good base resistances, which can be further improved via modules. Plus they tend to have more bonuses than T1 ships as well, and the numbers may seem small but they DO add up to quite a lot of improvement.
In the right hands, a HAC is just as good as a battleship but also more versatile.
|

Benglada
Finite Auxiliary
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 03:51:00 -
[7]
its fun
I look pimp-a-licious ---------------------------
Originally by: Arkanor
0.0 is the Final Frontier. Bring money and friends.
|

Belamber
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 04:18:00 -
[8]
Oh yes, HACs can easily tear a BS apart. Believe me, I know. Damn you Miz.
|

Moyadan
Gallente Reighland Naval Forces Vertigo Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 04:23:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Belamber Oh yes, HACs can easily tear a BS apart. Believe me, I know. Damn you Miz.
Oops, posted on alt. Still, damn you Miz.
|

Noluck Ned
FATAL REVELATIONS Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 07:09:00 -
[10]
No Drones eh?
Look up an Ishtar.
All the reasons stated above are valid, but what they forgot to tel you is that there is no BEST ship for everything.
Battleships have their own very important role to play but it is no longer really viable to pvp in a bs solo. Mainly for the reason that they are liable to being locked down by any small gang that knows its business. A HAC on the other hand can run away a lot faster when the situation demands it and believe me, when solo there will be times you will need to get your ass out of there asap.
That having been said, I have had great success solo in my Dominix. In several situations where I have even been outnumbered I have managed to destroy or chase away the attackers, but I have also been locked down,jammed and destroyed enough times.
For every situation in EVE there is a setup that does it best, but there are many different scenarios and no single setup will survive in all of them.
Originally by: Posidrive So technically being a pirate is't quite as easy as I thought after reading this guide.
|

Lienzo
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 13:53:00 -
[11]
Aside from what's already mentioned, especially about min-maxing and capability against a wide selection of targets, logistics also play a role.
Tritanium, Pyerite and Mexallon tend to be harder and more dangerous to obtain out in 0.0 than absurd quantities of isk, so fielding an HAC can be easier if you are able to get ahead of queues. Insurance alone on BS does not replace the time needed to replace the lost minerals without periodic large scale trips to empire.
|

Silmenel
Giliath Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 14:02:00 -
[12]
my cerberus does better in PVE than a corp mate's tempest 
... hmmm ... I LOVE MY CERB ...  _______
WTS Sabres and Claymores |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |