| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

stimuli
Republic University Minmatar Republic
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:13:00 -
[1] - Quote
If this is a glitch, its the prettiest glitch I've ever seen.
When I logged in today to see all the new graphic enhancements I saw Balgania II as its pretty much looked since the planet graphics were upgraded last year....like this:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/stimuli_photos/moltennormal-1.gif
but after cruising around admiring all the new nebulae, warp effects and other features, I returned to find the planet had reached critical mass to become this:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/stimuli_photos/eve-molten-planet2.gif
 Strange thing is, noone else seems able to see it . When I alt tab, the planet reverts to its normal appearance....but if I alt-tab again, it once again goes nuclear. Back and forth like a toggle. It really is quite spectacular to see.
in the 4 years I've been playing I've never seen a planet look like this. Has anyone else? Is it a new planet graphic that is only partially working? Is it a weird (but totally kewl) graphics glitch on my end?
Perhaps this could be added into the game somehow. It LOOKS almost like a star through a polarized lens. Just add in some solar flares and prominances and maybe add in a polarizing ship fitting allowing us to view stars without the glare and you got yourself some pretty neat looking stars in game =)
Or maybe I'm just on drugs. What's your opinion? |

Phoebus Raszamar
Valkyria Epsilon
10
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:15:00 -
[2] - Quote
It's beautiful.
One thing that intimidates me is not being able to understand what I should be able to understand - or at least, people telling me what I can or cannot understand.
|

Mirima Thurander
Sarajevo Syndicate True Reign
75
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:24:00 -
[3] - Quote
i know this is just a lighting/shader bug
BUT
i do wish some lava planets would look like this
I love the the smell of victory in the morning. It smells like... Blood, vomit and burning flesh. I Like You. I'll Kill You Last. |

Christopher AET
Segmentum Solar Rolling Thunder.
18
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:25:00 -
[4] - Quote
Yeah it happens sometimes when the textures don't load properly. |

Jada Maroo
Mysterium Astrometrics BRABODEN
484
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:26:00 -
[5] - Quote
Awesome bug  |

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
425
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:26:00 -
[6] - Quote
There should be some lava planets that should remain like this, I mean it does happen as far as we can guess in a real galaxy. Venus may have done this recently on the galactic scale as well.
|

Nephilius
Pillage and Plunder Salvage Co.
59
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:28:00 -
[7] - Quote
*wipes a tear from his eye*
Amazing pic! If you bring down a giant, you're a hero. If you kill something weak-even if it has to die-then you will endure contempt. |

Captain Mastiff
7
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:35:00 -
[8] - Quote
Nephilius wrote:*wipes a tear from his eye*
Amazing pic!
Good job your goggles can protect your eyes, my cheap knock off sun glasses don't even have UV filters. |

JC Anderson
Noir. Noir. Mercenary Group
122
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:36:00 -
[9] - Quote
Captain Mastiff wrote:Nephilius wrote:*wipes a tear from his eye*
Amazing pic! Good job your goggles can protect your eyes, my cheap knock off sun glasses don't even have UV filters.
Awesome
Who knows though.. Maybe its supposed to be the new graphics for volcanic worlds or something. ;) Would suck to have to fight on one of those in DUST. ;) |

THXBYE
Elite War Squad
30
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 01:39:00 -
[10] - Quote
lol noob UI is noob  Universal PvP System Mode: ..default.aspx?g=posts&t=38634 In Game Laws, Fines and Taxes: ..default.aspx?g=posts&t=36124 Stations and NPC Services Costs: ..default.aspx?g=posts&t=39038 |

Montevius Williams
Eclipse Industrial Inc
142
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:07:00 -
[11] - Quote
Damn CCP - I KNOW you can make SOME of the Lava planets look like this - MAKE IT HAPPEN! |

Roosterton
Eternal Frontier
167
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:09:00 -
[12] - Quote
Yeah, this happens sometimes for lava planets for me as well. It's so damned pretty, I wish it wasn't a glitch  |

Lord FunkyMunky
Intergalactic Syndicate Nulli Secunda
3
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:10:00 -
[13] - Quote
IF THIS IS A BUG CCP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE IT ... THAT IS F*CKING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |

Aldarica
Spinal Discipline
2
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:13:00 -
[14] - Quote
Yup, I've seen this glitch happening with plasma planets as well. |

Covert Kitty
SRS Industries SRS.
57
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:14:00 -
[15] - Quote
its some shader bug... that said it looks pretty cool, but not for a planet. Some permutation of this is how they should make stars look, maybe one day |

stimuli
Republic University Minmatar Republic
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:18:00 -
[16] - Quote
THXBYE wrote:lol noob UI is noob 
obvious troll is obvious |

Astrid Stjerna
Teraa Matar
108
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:20:00 -
[17] - Quote
Lord FunkyMunky wrote:IF THIS IS A BUG CCP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE IT ... THAT IS F*CKING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lava planet....hot....
I see what you did there. |

Selinate
129
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:29:00 -
[18] - Quote
It would be pretty cool if CCP messed around with some more randomized planet textures and shadings and what not. I think that looks pretty awesome, and if more of random stuff like that was around in planets, it would give Eve even more of a... I guess you could say "traveled" feel to it that the new nebulae are supposed to give.
By the way, I have to say this. OP avatar = emo chick. |

Gogela
Freeport Exploration
168
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 02:32:00 -
[19] - Quote
That is pretty cool looking. Would be sweet to see catastrophic tectonic events on lava worlds... you would think CCP would be all over that, being in iceland. All GëíGêçGëí Ships | Many Odd GëíGêçGëí Items (+Drones) | <-- Links to showInfo in-game |

stimuli
Republic University Minmatar Republic
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:01:00 -
[20] - Quote
Selinate wrote:It would be pretty cool if CCP messed around with some more randomized planet textures and shadings and what not. I think that looks pretty awesome, and if more of random stuff like that was around in planets, it would give Eve even more of a... I guess you could say "traveled" feel to it that the new nebulae are supposed to give.
I agree. Part of the draw of playing a "space sim" is the promise of exploration and discovery to see wonders of the universe you've never seen before or couldnt even imagine.....and, no, the so-called "exploration" mechanic does not provide this.
and BTW I like my avatar so bite me =P |

Mutie DaPig
University of Caille Gallente Federation
14
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:03:00 -
[21] - Quote
Selinate
You are hereby awarded the "Rack of the Week" award. Congratz
|

Spawne32
Omber Company IMPERIAL LEGI0N
5
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:05:00 -
[22] - Quote
well the description of lava planets says that they can randomly cool to form a temporary crust and become completely molten at random, so i dont see why this would be a shader bug. |

Crosi Wesdo
Spiritus Draconis
44
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:06:00 -
[23] - Quote
Its a glitch, this happened before the patch too. I have flown past these planets with 2 bombers. Sometimes on one screen the planet was bright, on the other it would be normal, same planet same time. |

Hiram Alexander
Seraphim Securities
121
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:07:00 -
[24] - Quote
stimuli wrote: in the 4 years I've been playing I've never seen a planet look like this. Has anyone else? Is it a new planet graphic that is only partially working? Is it a weird (but totally kewl) graphics glitch on my end?
(snip)
Or maybe I'm just on drugs. What's your opinion?
You're on drugs.
Both on a less troll-y note... When the planets first got upgraded to the current shader tech - almost all the lava planets looked like that (on the test server), it was just a graphical glitch. I'm guessing something weird's going on again... |

Tash'k Omar
Apple Construction Inc Northern Associates.
1
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:10:00 -
[25] - Quote
Jada Maroo wrote:Awesome bug 
Indeed it is. |

stimuli
Republic University Minmatar Republic
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:13:00 -
[26] - Quote
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Both on a less troll-y note... When the planets first got upgraded to the current shader tech - almost all the lava planets looked like that (on the test server), it was just a graphical glitch. I'm guessing something weird's going on again...
Its odd (but not implausible) that I had never seen it happen before. Someone else mentioned that they've seen this glitch happen to plasma worlds too. Would love to see that! =)
I think it would be pretty neat if they kept this look in the game somehow either as extreme molten worlds or even as a proto-star look or something. its really neat. |

Naddja Blackraven
Black Thorne Corporation Black Thorne Alliance
0
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:14:00 -
[27] - Quote
Whats with the heartbeat fps monitor? |

electrostatus
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
8
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:15:00 -
[28] - Quote
BEST. BUG. EVER. PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them! |

stimuli
Republic University Minmatar Republic
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:21:00 -
[29] - Quote
Naddja Blackraven wrote:Whats with the heartbeat fps monitor?
Actually that perplexes me as well. Rarely do I ever see my fps (in this game) as a steady line. It always shudders rhythmicly like that.
weird |

stimuli
Republic University Minmatar Republic
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.30 04:23:00 -
[30] - Quote
Mutie DaPig wrote:SelinateYou are hereby awarded the "Rack of the Week" award. Congratz 
I'd like to thank all who voted and I humbly accept this great honor.
Now if CCP could just add in breast physics for walking (and a jump button) |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |