| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Wrayeth
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 00:16:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 00:21:15 Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 00:20:47 Alrighty, I have about 5 minutes before I need to leave for classes, but I'm going to spend them getting something off my chest that's been bothering me for a long time: the difficulty in finding a corp that meets my needs.
I'm sure this has happened to others; you join a corp under the impression that these people enjoy the same things in EVE that you do, then you find out that's not the case at all. So you leave, and look for another corp that meets your needs. The recruiter for whatever corp it is tells you that they're exactly what you're looking for, then the same thing happens again. Repeat ad nauseum.
Frankly, I'm tired of it. Am I really that different that I can't find a corp that matches my needs down the line?
I like: *PvP *Flying battleships and other heavy hitters *Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends *Small gang combat
I hate: *Flying frigates (all types) *Flying T1 cruisers *Wolfpacks in general *Vagabond prices (lol) *Fleet combat *POS warfare *Logging on and not being able to PvP *Logging on and having no one to fly with *Not having anything to shoot except for tech 1 frigs and cruisers *Not being allowed to shoot neutrals in 0.0 *Not being allowed to shoot pirates anywhere *Corpmates who are intolerant of others' failings
So, anyone else out there ever run into this problem, or is it just me? -Wrayeth
"Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
|

Tsanse Kinske
WeMeanYouKnowHarm
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 00:23:00 -
[2]
Quote: I hate: ... -Wrayeth
The first step is to love yourself, pal. After that, worry about finding a corp.  * * * In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams, writing about EVE |

Sergio Ling
Standard Operations Building Services Maelstrom Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 00:24:00 -
[3]
look me up ingame. i can tick most of your boxes, but ticking them all is gonna be hard for anyone, i'm guessing. so let me be an honest recruiter and tell you to get me in a chat. i'll be on in 50 minutes
Originally by: Oveur Internally dismissed as carebear whine, we quietly moved our Kestrels to another system.
|

Deja Thoris
Revelations Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 00:28:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Wrayeth
I hate: *Flying frigates (all types) *Flying T1 cruisers *Wolfpacks in general *Logging on and not being able to PvP *Not having anything to shoot except for tech 1 frigs and cruisers
So, anyone else out there ever run into this problem, or is it just me?
Sounds like you want suicide monkies to jump in front of your guns all day long (in big ships ofc) while you sit there chaining them.
Sure, I hate no fights so I fly small ships (in wolfpacks) to look for fights. Fights wont just happen if you dont go looking for them. Taking 1-5 bs is just asking to get the crap blobbed out of you (and thats a fleet fight which you dont like either)
So this brings me to a counter question. Are you moaning about your corp choice or the state of pvp and the sacrifices you have to make to get a fight?
|

Hllaxiu
Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 00:31:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Deja Thoris So this brings me to a counter question. Are you moaning about your corp choice or the state of pvp and the sacrifices you have to make to get a fight?
No, I think hes moaning about his former corps moaning about him moaning about that.  --- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Emerson |

Sandeman Reserve
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 00:34:00 -
[6]
"False advertising" is a pain in the neck, when choosing a corp. I like smaller corps, as I've found they tend to be a closer knit group of people... but they can also be desperate to find the staff.
I'm happy to put my time in doing corp stuff as well as 'my' stuff... but when "We'd be happy for you to join, because we need more combat types" becomes "Sit in this asteroid field and/or shuttle cans of ore back and forth", I get a bit miffed.
Not a biggie, but CEO's need to realise that they're not going to get the longer term corp members they want if they have to fib to get people to sign up.
http://www.chainblade.com/
|

Eternal Fury
Caldari Shadow Of The Light
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 01:07:00 -
[7]
The thing is, that most corps cannot be any more then about 50% of what you are looking for without being one of the biggest 10 corps in the game.
Very few corps will have non-stop combat. most will have downtimes inbetween. Most corps will have Friendlies that you cannot shoot. Small corps tend to avoid angering larger corps. You want to fly in big ships, but not in fleets. You won't fly small ships. You wont fly in large gangs/fleets. You wont' help defend the corps' POS's or attack your corps enemies POS's..
It sounds like you want a corp with 500+ members, who always has a half dozen wars going on, but where noone in the corp works as a team, yet there is always someone on, who you won't team with.
You see where this is going?
Your wants and want nots are cancelling each other out to the point that you are stuck with small corps who don't meet your standards.
Join a Merc corp/alliance. Ask to be put into one of their corps that does more Empire Contracts then normal.
|

Jenny Spitfire
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 01:10:00 -
[8]
Find a corp/alliance. Stick to it and develop yourself and the corp/alliance. Be part of the solution and not the problem. I doubt there is a perfect fit corp/alliance for everyone. Finding that perfect fit is your real problem. --------- Cruelty is God's way of showing kindness and God is kind.
|

Tommy TenKreds
Animal Mercantile Executive
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 01:29:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Wrayeth So, anyone else out there ever run into this problem, or is it just me?
Sounds like just you tbh. 
No, but why don't you just start your own corp and try to attract pilots who want the same stuff?
|

Anatolius
Amarr PIE Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 02:41:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Wrayeth
I like: *PvP *Flying battleships and other heavy hitters *Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends *Small gang combat
I hate: *Flying frigates (all types) *Flying T1 cruisers *Wolfpacks in general *Vagabond prices (lol) *Fleet combat *POS warfare *Logging on and not being able to PvP *Logging on and having no one to fly with *Not having anything to shoot except for tech 1 frigs and cruisers *Not being allowed to shoot neutrals in 0.0 *Not being allowed to shoot pirates anywhere *Corpmates who are intolerant of others' failings
Find a pirate corp that has big brass ones. Camp gates. Big brass ones = eliminates the need for sniping from 250km with a full rack of WCS, and thus should provide close range fighting. It also offers no shortage of targets, small gang combat, et cetera.
You can also shoot everyone, even other pirates. 
"If God be for us, whom can be against us?" |

Ragornok
Disciples of Athene The Imperial Order
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 03:22:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Ragornok on 03/10/2006 03:22:37 Also, no matter what corp you join, the status of the corp/alliance will always change over time. It may be growth or decline of the corp, new people taking lead roles, or the whole focus of the alliance changing. Then you have the ever changing status of your friends and enemies. Friendly corps start shooting. Enemy corps become friends. New ones appear, old ones grow, shrink and dissapear. So even the 'perfect' alliance won't always fit all of your criteria. You will have to decide where to compromise in your needs.
But some things are consistant among successful alliances. One is a strong industrial element as well as a strong combat element. These MUST cooperate and help each other to survive. Another is that people have to fill the needs of the alliance. Most of the time it means doing what you want. Many times it doesn't. I prefer PvP myself, but spend a LOT of time blobbing a gate with no targets as well as doing close escort or flank protection for industrial ops.
From what I read about your needs, i'd suggest looking into some of the mercenary alliances out there. Either that, or look into the mid sized 0.0 alliances in the range of 250-500 players.
|

Sevarus James
Minmatar Meridian Dynamics
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 04:56:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Sevarus James on 03/10/2006 04:57:52 I normally don't even bother with threads like this...being a CEO, I see the othe side of the coin, and this kinda' thing just means you 'go away' and EVE goes on.
Being at work and a little 'bored' with REAL LIFE...darn no pew pew there either. shucks...I decided to toss my opinion on the heap.
Reading what you are "like" vs. "don't like"....the only thing that comes to my mind is: "Go play counterstrike".
Seriously. EVE is about MORE than you 'pew-pewing'. If that's what you love, then YOU start a corp, gather some like minded folks and GO DO IT. Other wise this is just a 'woe is me thread'.
Hell even the MC do things OTHER than fight. Its a virtual world here, not a quakefest. You want that, good luck to you.
As for some corps being deceptive in their recruiting practices? Color me completely surprised. not.
But all or most of em'? Most corps try to accomodate multiple aspirations and goals. They are building, manufacturing, fighting, etc. Its not all about YOU and your desire to go blow stuff up.
Hate to say it, but no sympathy whatsoever from this corner.
----- ------------
Updated Linux Desktop+EVE+EVE-TV |

Shantih Love
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 05:01:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Shantih Love on 03/10/2006 05:02:44
Originally by: Sergio Ling look me up ingame. i can tick most of your boxes, but ticking them all is gonna be hard for anyone, i'm guessing. so let me be an honest recruiter and tell you to get me in a chat. i'll be on in 50 minutes
You mean youll lie through your "donkey" and tell him what he want to hear. Get him into a smallish fight and run away after you send him in as a tackler? Give it a rest you lame scammer
|

Urduar
UrdCorp Enterprises
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 05:32:00 -
[14]
I could be totally off on this, as it's just the impression I've gotten from reading the forums... But it sounds like Celestial Apocalypse might fit a lot of your needs.
Anti-pirate/LOTS of fights/strong PvP focus/well-respected even by their enemies/etc
Dunno about the fleet stuff and neutral policy, but it's just an idea.
 |

Godar Marak
Amarr Return Of Red Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 05:33:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Wrayeth
The recruiter for whatever corp it is tells you that they're exactly what you're looking for, then the same thing happens again. Repeat ad nauseum.
you get to have alot of fun with us, oh time for poswar/sit 2 hours in ss while waiting for fleet/must be on ts even if there is no pvp just to hear that ifdiot talk about his ship setup
|

Wrayeth
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 05:43:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Godar Marak
you get to have alot of fun with us, oh time for poswar/sit 2 hours in ss while waiting for fleet/must be on ts even if there is no pvp just to hear that ifdiot talk about his ship setup
That sounds very familiar. "Hurry up and wait" may be all well and good in real life, but in a game you play for enjoyment, it's not cool. -Wrayeth
"Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
|

Acinonyx Jubatus
International Multi-Player Consortium Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 05:52:00 -
[17]
Ih's things like this that make me glad on how I got into my corp.
Fair bit of history on that one... but I'll keep it to myself. *goes to read the rest of these posts*
|

Wrayeth
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 05:59:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Sevarus James Reading what you are "like" vs. "don't like"....the only thing that comes to my mind is: "Go play counterstrike".
I play first-person shooters quite often. What they lack is any real results from defeating your opponent; if you kill your opponent, he just respawns. In EVE, if you blow someone's ship up, they've taken a loss in time and ISK. This gives the PvP meaning, in direct contrast to first-person shooters.
Quote:
Seriously. EVE is about MORE than you 'pew-pewing'. If that's what you love, then YOU start a corp, gather some like minded folks and GO DO IT. Other wise this is just a 'woe is me thread'.
I take it you've never felt the need to vent, ever?
Quote: Most corps try to accomodate multiple aspirations and goals. They are building, manufacturing, fighting, etc. Its not all about YOU and your desire to go blow stuff up.
When I'm choosing a corp to join it is. I won't knowingly join a corp where I can't just log on and PvP, even if it's just killing pirates in lowsec. The whole corp doesn't have to PvP all the time, but the ROE have to allow those who want to go out and shoot other players to do so. It also helps when a good portion of the other players in the corp WANT to go out and PvP.
Quote:
Hate to say it, but no sympathy whatsoever from this corner.
To use an idiom you seem to be fond of, "color me surprised". Just another example of someone viewing the world through their own little tinted lens and belittling those whose "colors" don't match. -Wrayeth
"Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
|

Wrayeth
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 06:09:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 06:13:46
Originally by: Deja Thoris Sounds like you want suicide monkies to jump in front of your guns all day long (in big ships ofc) while you sit there chaining them.
Hardly. My complaint about shooting T1 frigs and cruisers is that you inflict no real loss on your opponent when you do so. It's as simple as that. It's not an accomplishment.
Quote: Sure, I hate no fights so I fly small ships (in wolfpacks) to look for fights.
I prefer larger ships for the simple reason that, on a ship-for-ship basis, they can take on more powerful opponents. Sure, your group of ten frigates could take on a single pulse 'geddon quite easily, but could they take on five of them + five support? I think not. In contrast, five of your own BS + support can definitely attempt it.
Quote: Fights wont just happen if you dont go looking for them.
Truth. This is why I go out looking for fights; this is also why I don't want to join corps that won't allow you to do so due to lousy ROE.
Quote: Taking 1-5 bs is just asking to get the crap blobbed out of you (and thats a fleet fight which you dont like either)
Fleet fights involve too much waiting and lag; I don't pay a monthly fee to sit on my ass and do nothing. As for bringing 1-5 BS and a couple support, it's quite do-able as long as you remain mobile. It's when you stop in one place for too long that it becomes a problem. Get in, get your kills, and get out.
Quote: So this brings me to a counter question. Are you moaning about your corp choice or the state of pvp and the sacrifices you have to make to get a fight?
I'm venting about the difficulty in finding a corp that matches my needs. -Wrayeth
"Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 06:12:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Wrayeth
I play first-person shooters quite often. What they lack is any real results from defeating your opponent; if you kill your opponent, he just respawns. In EVE, if you blow someone's ship up, they've taken a loss in time and ISK. This gives the PvP meaning, in direct contrast to first-person shooters.
I just have to post and say I agree with this. There is no real point in fighting people in first person shooters, because there is no loss/gain except perhaps some score on a ranking list. Its the excitement of putting your stuff on the line that makes Eve pvp so much fun, and the fact that both you and the opponent are taking real risks.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Shayla Etherodyne
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 06:33:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Wrayeth Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 06:13:46
Originally by: Deja Thoris Sounds like you want suicide monkies to jump in front of your guns all day long (in big ships ofc) while you sit there chaining them.
Hardly. My complaint about shooting T1 frigs and cruisers is that you inflict no real loss on your opponent when you do so. It's as simple as that. It's not an accomplishment.
Look the requirement in ISK and training for the Tech 2 ships: hard for a player with less than 3 month experience to have them (unless they have narrowed so much the focus of the training to be almost incapable to use them well). so you have just cancelled 1/4 or more of EVE palyers. And for a 1 month player a cruiser is a serious loss.
|

Miss Overlord
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 06:36:00 -
[22]
amass killmails on battleclinics and or other pubilc killboards then u can name youre price
|

Michayel Lyon
Contention Inc
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 07:02:00 -
[23]
If you're interested, I'm still willing to pull some threads for you. Contact me in-game if you're interested and want to know more. 
|

Epictetus
Minmatar Trinity Nova
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 07:21:00 -
[24]
Very few corps can afford to be so set in their ways they offer what you want all the time. Speaking as as a mercenary for instance we could never accept members that will only fly one type of ship. Sure, we run a lot of small BS gangs; but on some contracts other tactics are called for.
Sounds to me like short range piracy would be the way to go for you.
Click here to visit our site |

Mirasta
Caldari Enigma Enterprises Veritas Immortalis
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 08:08:00 -
[25]
Wrayeth, We still love you.
And yes pos wars suck mightly. Sounds like its a pirate corp for you.
|

Trem Sinval
Sinval Enterprises
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 08:15:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Jim McGregor There is no real point in fighting people in first person shooters, because there is no loss/gain except perhaps some score on a ranking list.
Yeah, totally different from the killboards here in EVE....
*ducks*
- Trem
|

Hesed
Hamartia.
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 08:16:00 -
[27]
Well, totally the opposite of you in preferences here, but I run into the same basic problems with networking.
Probably most people do, except the ones who stick around for the longest amount of time. Some of us are just stubborn though.
I've learned not to expect anything of anyone, and to just take whatever advantages are available, and go after what I want first before I meet any of their requirements. Not much use being creative or innovative in someone else's corp.
The trouble with starting your own corp is that 1)Somehow people gotta like you no matter how good you think your own ideas are. 2)You have to have all kinds of out of game internet resources to keep up. Damned if I feel like learning how to setup or bothering to afford running some Apache server.
|

Laythun
Undercover Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 08:21:00 -
[28]
I can help you.
I am like you, the corp that actually fit that bill perfectly was Cosmic Fusion, but alas they are no more.
But we are destined to drigt from corp to corp, never being happy, never being fulfilled! oh the pain! im being serious tho, its tough to find somewhere u fit in, but you are asking a lot.
Compromise i say.
Proud Member of the Anti Whine 14 |

Fi T'Zeh
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 08:40:00 -
[29]
Ask not what your corp can do for you, but what you can do for your corp.
This principle has served us well for over three years. .... POST WITH YOUR MAIN !!!!11111one
Real men use blasters |

Regma
Gallente Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 09:34:00 -
[30]
Why don't you just create your own corp then? 
|

Ardan
Minmatar The Shadow Order The Shadow Ascension
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 20:18:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Ardan on 03/10/2006 20:24:18
I just have to post and say I agree with this. There is no real point in fighting people in first person shooters, because there is no loss/gain except perhaps some score on a ranking list. Its the excitement of putting your stuff on the line that makes Eve pvp so much fun, and the fact that both you and the opponent are taking real risks.
Please.
All my experience in PVP is "Oh **** gate camp"... Too late. I have lost 4 cruiseres and 1 BC because of this, and trust me the campers were in NO DANGER OF LOOSEING ANYTHING. (Ofcourse that has been my experience in all MMOs that have PvP. Most PvPers never enter a fight that they have a chance of looseing.) Then they Pod you. Wow your a BAD DUDE, you can kill a pod with a BS. Stupid. If you like PVP great, I want to PVP as well one day. Only I want it to be fun, (to me fun means challengeing), not: Warp, Lock, Scramble, Pop.
One I did not get mad about, was getting killed rat hunting in low sec. Lost a cruiser, did not get podded. To a BC with takler. If I had reacted quicker, (read: been paying attention.) I may have survived the encounter, or atleast took one of them with me. Chatted with the guy about it. (Not the usualy "You SOB, you killed my ship!!" rant,) I think the strongest thing I said to him was "Man that was not very nice, I just bought this ship."
"Let them hate us as long as they Fear us." Colligula |

Cmdr Sy
EUROPEANS
|
Posted - 2006.10.03 20:23:00 -
[32]
I was lucky to find what I was looking for in ITFB and A.4.D, but neither exist today. 
|

Constantinee
Caldari Eradication Defined
|
Posted - 2006.10.04 23:38:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Wrayeth Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 00:21:15 Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 00:20:47 Alrighty, I have about 5 minutes before I need to leave for classes, but I'm going to spend them getting something off my chest that's been bothering me for a long time: the difficulty in finding a corp that meets my needs.
I'm sure this has happened to others; you join a corp under the impression that these people enjoy the same things in EVE that you do, then you find out that's not the case at all. So you leave, and look for another corp that meets your needs. The recruiter for whatever corp it is tells you that they're exactly what you're looking for, then the same thing happens again. Repeat ad nauseum.
Frankly, I'm tired of it. Am I really that different that I can't find a corp that matches my needs down the line?
I like: *PvP *Flying battleships and other heavy hitters *Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends *Small gang combat
I hate: *Flying frigates (all types) *Flying T1 cruisers *Wolfpacks in general *Vagabond prices (lol) *Fleet combat *POS warfare *Logging on and not being able to PvP *Logging on and having no one to fly with *Not having anything to shoot except for tech 1 frigs and cruisers *Not being allowed to shoot neutrals in 0.0 *Not being allowed to shoot pirates anywhere *Corpmates who are intolerant of others' failings
So, anyone else out there ever run into this problem, or is it just me?
Me and my answer....ERADICATION!!!! wray lol cmon dude lol i get what your saying i love bs's but i also like to have as much fuin as possible and to me buddy a kills a kill regardless of what your in. :) but hey we have our wants and needs.
Want a Cheap sig? |

Scots Crusader
Minmatar Queens of the Stone Age Chimaera Pact
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 13:08:00 -
[34]
I wish I could get PVP everytime logged on to mate, but we both know that will never be. There is no such things as a perfect corp, your best option is to find one that offers as mh as is possible to your style. weirda for instance has ours as a laid back do as you please corp which suits me to a tee, but that is not everyones idea of a corp.
I wish you luck on finding a good home mate. -----------------------------------------------
O wad some power, the giftie gie us, To see oursels as ithers see us!
|

Ikvar
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 13:14:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Wrayeth
*Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Small gang combat
These things are mutually exclusive in EVE, thanks to 99% of people being **** scared of ever coming close to loosing a ship.
|

Brem Watson
Caldari Nexus-6
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 13:43:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Brem Watson on 05/10/2006 13:43:16
Originally by: Sevarus James Edited by: Sevarus James on 03/10/2006 04:57:52 I normally don't even bother with threads like this...being a CEO, I see the othe side of the coin, and this kinda' thing just means you 'go away' and EVE goes on.
Being at work and a little 'bored' with REAL LIFE...darn no pew pew there either. shucks...I decided to toss my opinion on the heap.
Reading what you are "like" vs. "don't like"....the only thing that comes to my mind is: "Go play counterstrike".
Seriously. EVE is about MORE than you 'pew-pewing'. If that's what you love, then YOU start a corp, gather some like minded folks and GO DO IT. Other wise this is just a 'woe is me thread'.
Hell even the MC do things OTHER than fight. Its a virtual world here, not a quakefest. You want that, good luck to you.
As for some corps being deceptive in their recruiting practices? Color me completely surprised. not.
But all or most of em'? Most corps try to accomodate multiple aspirations and goals. They are building, manufacturing, fighting, etc. Its not all about YOU and your desire to go blow stuff up.
Hate to say it, but no sympathy whatsoever from this corner.
Good arse reply!
To the OP, you sound like you need to join a pirate corp and pound your shest all day about flying big ships. I like small ships and fly them especially the T2 type. 
|

Boonaki
Caldari Suffoco Noctis Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 14:33:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Wrayeth *Corpmates who are intolerant of others' failings
Want a hug? Fear the Ibis of doom!
113 |

losmandy
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 14:54:00 -
[38]
Start you own corp. Then see how easy / difficult it is to to recruit peeps with your aspirations. But you may end up a one man corp. 
|

Bosie
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 14:59:00 -
[39]
I had the same issues then I found Veto. Now I am back to enjoying Eve, my way.
Bosie.
Veto forthemother*******winbaby!
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."
...Winston |

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 15:03:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Bosie I had the same issues then I found Veto. Now I am back to enjoying Eve, my way.
Bosie.
Veto forthemother*******winbaby!
I really need to get my ass in gear and apply.  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Harisdrop
Gallente RONA Deepspace Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 15:10:00 -
[41]
The issuue is that the OP already knows that anyone he joins will not fit his plan. No corp can. Its not the players fault its mechanics of the game.
I hope when Factional warfare is in PVP and killing everyone will be the norm.
I understand from what I hear standings will finally come in after 3 years.
That you cant go into an constellation if your standings are not met. Pirate factions wont let you dock unless you have good standings in 0.0 NPC be warned.. We will become a regional game like CCP has dreamed of.
OP you are right that your game does not exist but CCP is working on it and will be here.
Warning: from what I gather standings to a faction will matter more than ever. Maybe you wont be docking any time soon.
|

Garramon
Gallente Sturmgrenadier Inc R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 15:17:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Wrayeth
I like: *PvP *Flying battleships and other heavy hitters *Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends *Small gang combat
Although I hate pimpin' my enemies, and this is not a recruitment thread, I know exactly what you are talking about. There is always "that's us", but in actuality it more like what "that's what we wish we were." Also, I know it may require brandishing those balls you claim to have, but 0utbreak fits that bill to a T.
For some reason the fact that ~50% of the people replying to the thread fail to read and understand the point of the OP is hilarious. |

Vantoth
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 15:48:00 -
[43]
Edited by: Vantoth on 05/10/2006 15:51:34
Originally by: Wrayeth Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 06:13:46
Originally by: Deja Thoris Sounds like you want suicide monkies to jump in front of your guns all day long (in big ships ofc) while you sit there chaining them.
Hardly. My complaint about shooting T1 frigs and cruisers is that you inflict no real loss on your opponent when you do so. It's as simple as that. It's not an accomplishment.
If your opponent can only afford Frigs or cruisers the it indeed would be a loss to them.
|

Mi Lai
Sanguine Legion Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 16:01:00 -
[44]
I would also like to log in at any time and be able to do some Battleship PVP, however, unless you are filthy rich (ISK buyer or T2 BPO holder), each person will have some downtime (used to make ISK, produce, haul or whatever), making it pretty hard for any small to med-sized corp to have that kind of PVP 23/7.
Judging from your 'wish-list' I would strongly suggest joining or making a Pirate corp, then at least you have the continuos PVP part sorted.
|

Hiro Kazamatsuri
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 16:12:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Ardan
I think the strongest thing I said to him was "Man that was not very nice, I just bought this ship."
I've got a standard answer for this one :
"And I just bought this ammo"
|

Sharupak
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 16:19:00 -
[46]
Geez, I wish I had your problem...
Try this one on.
A corp that will take a casual player that logs on for 4 hours or so on saturdays and fridays and mabee an hour or so during the week!
You say yeah I play casually and then get the hand! LOL!
|

Locke DieDrake
Port Royal Independent Kontractors Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 17:03:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Wrayeth Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 00:21:15 Edited by: Wrayeth on 03/10/2006 00:20:47 Alrighty, I have about 5 minutes before I need to leave for classes, but I'm going to spend them getting something off my chest that's been bothering me for a long time: the difficulty in finding a corp that meets my needs.
I'm sure this has happened to others; you join a corp under the impression that these people enjoy the same things in EVE that you do, then you find out that's not the case at all. So you leave, and look for another corp that meets your needs. The recruiter for whatever corp it is tells you that they're exactly what you're looking for, then the same thing happens again. Repeat ad nauseum.
Frankly, I'm tired of it. Am I really that different that I can't find a corp that matches my needs down the line?
I like: *PvP *Flying battleships and other heavy hitters *Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends *Small gang combat
I hate: *Flying frigates (all types) *Flying T1 cruisers *Wolfpacks in general *Vagabond prices (lol) *Fleet combat *POS warfare *Logging on and not being able to PvP *Logging on and having no one to fly with *Not having anything to shoot except for tech 1 frigs and cruisers *Not being allowed to shoot neutrals in 0.0 *Not being allowed to shoot pirates anywhere *Corpmates who are intolerant of others' failings
So, anyone else out there ever run into this problem, or is it just me?
I think what you want isn't really possible in eve. Or at least unlikely.
PVP anytime you want it, on terms that are actually fun is basicly non-existant.
This is my single biggest problem with this game right now.
good luck, let me know if you find it. ___________________________________________ The deeper you stick it in your vein, the deeper the thoughts there's no more pain. ___________________________________________
|

wierchas noobhunter
Caldari The Collective Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 17:25:00 -
[48]
blink me and my friend making leet corp soon  no ghey pvp only fun ^^
JOIN cooolest channel in game "wierchas fan club" be cool ^^ |

Arcterran
Amarr Shinra Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 17:38:00 -
[49]
The only way you could get half of your wishes, would be to go where the wars are and attack everyone involved. Would require a lot of travel time, but if you go where active wars are raging, you should find targets.
Honestly, Wrayeth, you know EVE better than this. It's not about instant gratification, log on and gank. You get that in WoW, in safe, controlled, instanced battle grounds.
|

Heritor
Caldari Polytope
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 17:41:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
I just have to post and say I agree with this. There is no real point in fighting people in first person shooters, because there is no loss/gain except perhaps some score on a ranking list. Its the excitement of putting your stuff on the line that makes Eve pvp so much fun, and the fact that both you and the opponent are taking real risks.
I disagree as the risk of losing your ship+fitting is tied directly to how much Isk you have and if your corp supplies your combat vessels.
There is not one level of risk for all. 
Always where your seatbelt, its far harder for the aliens to abduct you! |

Pressure Line
Pirates of Destruction Union
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 23:29:00 -
[51]
POD.U sounds sorta like what you are looking for. theres almost always someone online, and the whole corp (barring alts) is geared towards pvp.
we are currently looking for more members (pvp n00bs and vets alike)
join channel "joinpodu" ingame for details.
|

Red Ochre
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 23:37:00 -
[52]
i have several friends currently ping ponging corps, they start out as "the right corp" but it quickly degrades as the real purpose of the corp becomes clear.
best bet is to spend a while on the forum recruitment threads and the ingame recruitment channel, lot of work but to find all your looking for, you will have to. |

Orree
Gallente Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 01:03:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Fi T'Zeh Ask not what your corp can do for you, but what you can do for your corp.
This principle has served us well for over three years.
Amen.
|

Ginger Magician
Minmatar OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 02:56:00 -
[54]
Join my corp if u got the balls for it. There is no problem getting fights when ur -10
|

Pestillence
Chav-Scum
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 03:10:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Ginger Magician Join my corp if u got the balls for it. There is no problem getting fights when ur -10
The last kill on your sig is a 3 day old noobs pod.
That's not a fight
|

crazybstard
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 14:44:00 -
[56]
Well the solution is easy, start your own corp, jump into 0.0, something like N-REAL or EC-P8R, call everyone in local a bunch of (insert a word of general put down), and sit back and have fun .
Remember if the mountain won't come to you, you must goto the mountain.
|

Royaldo
KVA Noble Inc. THE H0RDE
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 16:17:00 -
[57]
this really belongs in recruitment section of the forum. you might wanna put in what timesone you live in.
arent you describing the dream corp? the 1 with around 30-40 active members, no alts, all guns and pvp all day? everyone with 25m+ sp. no strings, just pew pew pew all day. noone with a real life, they are just waiting for you to logg back on so they can continue to cheer you on through another 100+ mails pr day.
|

BlackMoon Thrawn
Minmatar the Organ Grinder and Company Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.10.07 00:54:00 -
[58]
check out [udie] (seriously) sounds like they are as close as you are going to get.
|

Audrea
Momentum.
|
Posted - 2006.10.07 04:46:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Garramon
Originally by: Wrayeth
I like: *PvP *Flying battleships and other heavy hitters *Short-range fights *Logging on and having targets to shoot at *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends *Small gang combat
Although I hate pimpin' my enemies, and this is not a recruitment thread, I know exactly what you are talking about. There is always "that's us", but in actuality it more like what "that's what we wish we were." Also, I know it may require brandishing those balls you claim to have, but 0utbreak fits that bill to a T.
My thought as well, although they do have fleet battles. Pehraps you should give fleet combat one more chance?
Other than that Burn Eden does sound right.. if you got the skills for precision cruise ravens  ------------------ Save Deimos! |

wulfhammer
|
Posted - 2006.10.07 06:54:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Regma Why don't you just create your own corp then? 
Obvious choice to me.
Originally by: Regma *Corpmates who are cool and enjoy having fun *Flying with friends 
You have to make effort in getting to know your corp mates and stay long enough to do this. Ours is a small corp (30members) but a very friendly one where we have regular meets for beer etc.
Sounds like you want it all handed to you on a plate.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |