Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 11:22:04 - [1] - Quote

Today's daily downtime will be extended by 30 minutes in order for us to make some short notice hardware changes to Tranquility.

We expect to be online and accepting connections at 12:00 UTC.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this unscheduled extension.

- F

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 12:04:22 - [2] - Quote

Paul McCrane wrote:
-¢-Ä-¦-+ -¦-+-Ç-+-ü-+-ï-¦ -+-¦-¦-¦-Ç-+-+-¦ , -+-+-¦-+-+ -¦-ï-+-+ -¦ -+-¦-+-é-¦ -+-+-¦-+-ü-é-¦-¦ -+-¦-+-+-ü-¦-é-î -+ -+-¦-¦-¦-Ç-¦-¦-¦

Check twitter

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:14:20 - [3] - Quote

Mikelos wrote:
Heh, hope it's up in the next 3 hours...I used Hours for PLEX an hour ago. Lol

In the small event that this was to happen, file a ticket and Customer Support will assist you Big smile

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:19:49 - [4] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
i don't know how long will this take and probably even you don't know how long this will take.

what i know is that no one is happy about an unannouced dt extension. you can't promise us for 30mins and make it to a god-knows-when finish.

we want compensations, no excuse, and no debates.

Your corp name might be a result of your entirely unreasonable attitude to a completely unscheduled event that we're working as fast as we can to resolve.

Post constructively, or don't post at all.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:22:20 - [5] - Quote

Steijn wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:
i don't know how long will this take and probably even you don't know how long this will take.

what i know is that no one is happy about an unannouced dt extension. you can't promise us for 30mins and make it to a god-knows-when finish.

Your corp name might be a result of your entirely unreasonable attitude to a completely unscheduled event that we're working as fast as we can to resolve.

are todays problems caused by the work you did on monday/tuesday?

It doesn't appear to be the case. Monday and Tuesday were hardware and firmware changes, as far as I can tell this is a code deployment issue that we're looking into, and is unconnected Smile

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:34:54 - [6] - Quote

Fenglorian Egivand wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Steijn wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:

are todays problems caused by the work you did on monday/tuesday?

It doesn't appear to be the case. Monday and Tuesday were hardware and firmware changes, as far as I can tell this is a code deployment issue that we're looking into, and is unconnected Smile

Hmm, the twitter says it's a short-notice hardware thing.

It was, then it was a software thing, now it's a software and hardware thing Lol

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:41:00 - [7] - Quote

Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
CCP Falcon, in other words, you actually have no clue whats wrong :)

No, they have an idea what's wrong. It would just take longer to explain the specifics of it to you in a manner that you would understand, than it would to go fix the problem. Providing us with need-to-know updates like 'hey we're making progress' or, 'we found a new problem', is simply secondary to the actual problem: fixing the servers so you all stop crying. :p

This basically.

For those of you who would prefer, I'll provide pictorial reference for the current situation:

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:47:43 - [8] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

there is one more thing. please remember that you have a blue tag on your image. what you said and those word of choices you made are not just about you. there is a ccp before your name. next time choose your word wisely as a pubilc announcer. that is so unprofessional.

Thanks for the advice, now stop trolling and posting off topic. Last warning.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:49:00 - [9] - Quote

Amelia Ronuken wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
CCP Falcon, in other words, you actually have no clue whats wrong :)

No, they have an idea what's wrong. It would just take longer to explain the specifics of it to you in a manner that you would understand, than it would to go fix the problem. Providing us with need-to-know updates like 'hey we're making progress' or, 'we found a new problem', is simply secondary to the actual problem: fixing the servers so you all stop crying. :p

This basically.

For those of you who would prefer, I'll provide pictorial reference for the current situation:

You're in love with this image!

I counter with my own!

http://imgur.com/1I1gnZP

I hate it when the doohickey stops working properly. Sad

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:49:53 - [10] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
Katarina The Despoiler wrote:

Tell you what, you go make a game, that is even console standard let alone a huge MMO like eve, and make it with no mistakes, no flaws, no issues, then you can comment on others, because you know what, Nearly every games company to date has issues occasionally, be it console or online based. It happens, Deal with it. Have some patience.

so you are totally free from all kinds of responsibilities? that everyone else in the world must forgive all the mistakes you have done? i said i am not happy, and i didn't use any swear words. all i ask for is ressonable compensation as the apologisation from their mistakes. patience? what else i can do to them if they can't fixe this for the rest of my life? sitting in front of my lap and just waiting?

Okay, seriously... last warning.

Stop posting off topic and trolling people.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:51:44 - [11] - Quote

No further update at present guys. Our operations team are still working on the issue.

Really sorry for the delay in having TQ back online, hopefully we'll have things up and running soon Smile

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 13:18:41 - [12] - Quote

Hey guys,

No further information at this time, keep your eyes on the original post of this thread for further updates.

- F

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:10:56 - [13] - Quote

Sorry for the continued delays guys, our ops team are currently setting fire to things and plugging things in to try and get things up and running again.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:38:53 - [14] - Quote

Thanks for your patience guys.

It looks like we're a little closer to having the issue resolved.

If you suffer any adverse effects because of this unscheduled downtime, such as missing sov bills *ahem*, or industry or POS related issues, feel free to contact customer support and they'll be able to see if they can assist under our policies.

We'll update again in a little while. Apologies again for the delays.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 14:40:34 - [15] - Quote

Lettie Slapdash wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Today's daily downtime will be extended by 30 minutes in order for us to make some short notice hardware changes to Tranquility.

We expect to be online and accepting connections at 12:00 UTC.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this unscheduled extension.

- F

UPDATE:

11:56 UTC - DOWNTIME WILL BE FURTHER EXTENDED WHILE WE WORK ON TRANQUILITY
12:00 UTC - APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY - CURRENTLY NO ETA WHEN TRANQUILITY WILL BE AVAILABLE
12:50 UTC - ISSUES WITH TRANQUILITY ARE STILL BEING INVESTIGATED
14:00 UTC - INVESTIGATION INTO ISSUES IS STILL ONGOING, WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAYS

I do hope the hours of lost skill training will granted to people.

You don't lose skill training, Tranquility knows what time it is.

Smile

CCP Logibro
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:43:21 - [16] - Quote

Tranquility should now be online.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240424/1628
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.