Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-26 - Extended Downtime

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
Tasnala Estidal
Tasnala Estidal
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.26 11:20:47 - [31] - Quote

Could be they couldnt fix it yesterday and just waited to implement new code today.
xXchochiXx
xXchochiXx
Twenty Questions
RAZOR Alliance

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.26 11:20:54 - [32] - Quote

all this lost game time free sp to cover gaps?
Lei Merdeau
Lei Merdeau
Hidden Agenda
Deep Space Engineering

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:21:16 - [33] - Quote

Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
Bif Anderson wrote:
Again? That's the 4th night in a row I cant play, wtf? I know you have to pick your windows but cant you have spread it out over the last month.

Dt is the only time I can play, ****.

Move to a better TZ. Thanks.

***ERROR*** No match found
Arca J Nightwing
Arca J Nightwing
Hedion University
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:22:12 - [34] - Quote

Just killing time on downtime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMNHvnIxic
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:22:34 - [35] - Quote

CCP FALCON : Atleast humor us with some epic posts while we wait, that seems to do the trick everytime.
flapie 2
flapie 2
Planetary Traders Union

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:22:41 - [36] - Quote

Thanks for the heads up, and thanks for the link in the launcher Blink

Plz dont spill drinks or food on the hardware again, i have things to do today /jk
Eli Sariah
Eli Sariah
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:22:42 - [37] - Quote

xXchochiXx wrote:
all this lost game time free sp to cover gaps?

Technically speaking, there are no gaps, you keep training while this goes on, however some compentsation would be nice, as this is prime time for AUS, and by the looks of it a lot of people only have this time to play, kinda a kill joy, i would prefer them shut it down for a whole day and fix it, rather then giving the finger to Australia all the time..

"A manu dei e tet rimon" - I am the devoted hand of the divine God.

MissDX
MissDX
Strip Miners in Space

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:23:29 - [38] - Quote

Lolz @ all the free SP demands. The servers dont loose time... therefore the SPs still roll round, be kinda pointless to give SPs when none have been lost if they have its ya own dumb fault for not queuing LolLol
Falwynn Falconwind
Falwynn Falconwind
Confederate States of Eve

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:23:37 - [39] - Quote

Cyborg Falcon wrote:
Just because you bring the game down for days for maintenance after the Tiamat lunch does not make it "successfully deployed".

Hal: [after Del's execution] WHAT IN THE BLUE **** WAS THAT? There's puke all over the floor up there. And that smell! I had Van Hayes open both doors but that smell's not going out for five damn years that's what I'm bettin'. And that ***hole, Wharton, is singing about it. You can hear him up there!

Paul Edgecomb: Can he carry a tune?

Hal: Okay, boys, what in the hell happened?

Paul Edgecomb: An execution. A successful one.

Hal: How in the name of Christ can you call that a success?

Paul Edgecomb: Eduard Delacroix is dead.

[to Percy]

Paul Edgecomb: Isn't he?

Just because something doesn't seem like a success, that doesn't mean that the initial goal was not met.

Thank you for Tiamat, CCP.
Kethok Hellion
Kethok Hellion
The Victims of Crime Unit
Legio immortales CXCI

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:23:53 - [40] - Quote

sigh! Fleet stood down AGAIN! How about you change the scheduled Downtime to the US Timezone so we can hear them squeal about about the inconveniences on they're prime times....

Hoorah Mudcrabs
Gabriele Zoolander
Gabriele Zoolander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:24:36 - [41] - Quote

I really hope all these DTs will move EVE to a no DT system.
I've read you're planning to stop having the usual 11am downtime and have the server up 24/7, if that's the case, well keep on with that!
da en Marland
da en Marland
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:24:38 - [42] - Quote

Getting sick of this
Great Barrier Reefer
Great Barrier Reefer
Dirt 'n' Glitter

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:24:55 - [43] - Quote

I've spent more time looking at http://eve-offline.net/ than I have eve.

I bet their amount of views went through the roof the past few days.
Citricioni
Citricioni
Stille Gewalt
Dead Terrorists

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:25:15 - [44] - Quote

Hipqo wrote:
realmkiller wrote:
We should be compensated for all this downtime we pay to play wtf we paying for nothing right now

You want compensation because they work on server stability, for YOUR sake, and because you have lost a couple of hours of gaming opportunity??
Seems legit....

Just calm down dude, they havent done anything bad enough to warrent a compensation.

If my apartment get renovated and I can not stay in there and if they does it so I can live better in there, it is perfectly fine? wtf?! :D

While I understand that it has to be done, i think it is not correct to say that it is perfect how it happens :>

Citricioni for CSM X

Scott Larr TheLarrs
Scott Larr TheLarrs
Eclipse Contracting

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:25:41 - [45] - Quote

Hopefully your check will come back empty and we'll all get back on at 12 unlike yesterday!

Hehe! ;)
eagleseye
eagleseye
Order of New Eden Construction Services
Northern Associates.

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:25:52 - [46] - Quote

why don't you guys rotate the downtimes?
so its not always smack bang in the middle of
AU play time? everytime u do this we cant play for the rest
of the night!
Vanilla Mooses
Vanilla Mooses
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:25:58 - [47] - Quote

Brian Harrelstein wrote:
Again? Why don't you guys just pick a day, shut down the server for the entire day and get all this stuff done? I didn't see this notice at 11:00, and now that it's 11:15 and I'm trying to log on, and (obviously) I can't. This last minute BS is getting annoying.

I'm sure no one would ever come on the forums to complain about that.

Please stop bad posting.
lunafaerie
lunafaerie
The Valiant Vanguard
The Volition Cult

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:26:43 - [48] - Quote

This is nothing back in the early days of EvE you would get 2-3 days downtimes sometimes a week!! and we all flew around in kestrals with torp launchers fitted.....but you tell the youth of today that...AND THEY WONT BELIEVE YOU!!! *grabs zimmer frame and heads off to the day room*
( COREBLOODBROTHERS FOR CSM 10!!)
Boatessa Lethe
Boatessa Lethe
Black Frog Logistics
Red-Frog

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:27:34 - [49] - Quote

Cyborg Falcon wrote:
Just because you bring the game down for days for maintenance after the Tiamat lunch does not make it "successfully deployed".

Damn after coming close to being out of time on a couple of contracts for all these extended DTs I logged to make this exact point. Someone fetcch an aircraft carrier, a flight suit and make a "Tiamat Accomplished" sign.

It was kinda annoying to see the successful deployment notice right under the extended DT notice.

As far as the DT guessing comp goes I say servers come back EVE 14:00.....
RazorDMB8688
RazorDMB8688
Lucifer's Temple

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:27:41 - [50] - Quote

WOW many thanks to CCP, I finally have time to have a bit of sex with my girlfriend

She looks much happier than me now, so vov
Grigalowe
Grigalowe
Beer Brewers Co-Operative

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:28:33 - [51] - Quote

Citricioni wrote:
Bif Anderson wrote:
Again? That's the 4th night in a row I cant play, wtf? I know you have to pick your windows but cant you have spread it out over the last month.

Get in a different time zone? :p

4th day in a row and all occur in the prime time of one segment of your playerbase (Oceania).. My guess is that if you did it at 19-22:00 EvE time you would have a HUGE backlash against you.. Instead of segmenting things against one minority group of players how about you reschedule your down time to something like 05:00 EvE where no where near as many players are on from any particular time zone.

Bout time you did a bit of a rethink on what you are doing and what time zones you disadvantage before you lose even more respect from the playerbase. Just saying 'Sorry about that' is not enough!
MissDX
MissDX
Strip Miners in Space

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:28:34 - [52] - Quote

lunafaerie wrote:
This is nothing back in the early days of EvE you would get 2-3 days downtimes sometimes a week!! and we all flew around in kestrals with torp launchers fitted.....but you tell the youth of today that...AND THEY WONT BELIEVE YOU!!! *grabs zimmer frame and heads off to the day room*
( COREBLOODBROTHERS FOR CSM 10!!)

Them DTs = hell!

But dat kestrel! Lol
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:28:38 - [53] - Quote

RazorDMB8688 wrote:
WOW many thanks to CCP, I finally have time to have a bit of sex with my girlfriend

She looks much happier than me now, so vov

This guy understands life. Listen to him. He speaks the truth
ExInD
ExInD
Vipres'
Templis CALSF

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:28:49 - [54] - Quote

Killing the game for players from oceania time zone
Bif Anderson
Bif Anderson
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:29:19 - [55] - Quote

Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
Bif Anderson wrote:

Move to a better TZ. Thanks.

I had absolutely no idea I could do that, thanks for your valuable insights
jurgen b
jurgen b
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:29:48 - [56] - Quote

rofl i won the bet , 5min before DT i opend a bet in help chat , "extended DT or not? " for the joke i won \o/ Big smile
Brian Harrelstein
Brian Harrelstein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:30:01 - [57] - Quote

Vanilla Mooses wrote:
I'm sure no one would ever come on the forums to complain about that.

Please stop bad posting.

If you don't like my opinion, please feel free to ignore them. Cool
flapie 2
flapie 2
Planetary Traders Union

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:30:10 - [58] - Quote

Citricioni wrote:
Hipqo wrote:
realmkiller wrote:
We should be compensated for all this downtime we pay to play wtf we paying for nothing right now

You want compensation because they work on server stability, for YOUR sake, and because you have lost a couple of hours of gaming opportunity??
Seems legit....

Just calm down dude, they havent done anything bad enough to warrent a compensation.

If my apartment get renovated and I can not stay in there and if they does it so I can live better in there, it is perfectly fine? wtf?! :D

While I understand that it has to be done, i think it is not correct to say that it is perfect how it happens :>

Depends on what you are used to, if for example the people here are going to work on improving my nuts services (water/electrics/gas or witch ever other rented service), the dont compensate for the lost time either you just get a notice about when it happens and how you can deal with not having water for nearly 24h. Why would people expect this is different for a video game that only cost a margin of what normal services cost in RL ?
Eli Sariah
Eli Sariah
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:30:22 - [59] - Quote

So.. CCP.. I am not asking for compensation for the DT.. But i just had a call from the crazy Ex girlfriend, and that went well.. you know why i picked up the call? Cause i wasn't playing EVE.. Which meant i wasn't distracted and didnt check called ID.. So that was fun.. I wouldn't mind training up my "Dealing with the ***** again* to level V please :)

"A manu dei e tet rimon" - I am the devoted hand of the divine God.

Halo Phase
Halo Phase
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy

Posted - 2015.02.26 11:30:36 - [60] - Quote

Again?!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240423/1251
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.