| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Xiaodown
Vidar Fierd
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:04:00 -
[1]
... I just got a kill mail from a shuttle I left at a POS like a couple of months ago. Someone was going around and killing off shuttles, under the assumption that people who don't know the undock, then dock/eject/end up in pod trick had purchased a shuttle in order to fly off and pod jump. This person was just trying to keep the lag down, etc.
But, the kill mail looks legit, and I got insurance money (roflcopters) from it.
Quote:
2006.10.11 20:51
Victim: Xiaodown Alliance: NONE Corp: Vidar Fierd Destroyed: Amarr Shuttle System: 1V-LI2 Security: 0.0
Involved parties:
Name: Oroan (laid the final blow) Security: 1.6 Alliance: Veritas Immortalis Corp: Shadow Militia Ship: Sabre Weapon: 200mm AutoCannon II
(NOTE MODS: this killmail is NOT here for any smacktalk or anything, just a game question. Please don't remove it. Yes, I know the rules about killmails. This is different.)
See, the killmail looks legit, as if I were in system, but I haven't been to 1v- in weeks.
Anyway, just wondering if it's always been like this.
~Xiao |

Louis DelaBlanche
Cosmic Odyssey Chorus of Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:12:00 -
[2]
I think it has. I know Ive been told its not always a good idea to kill abandoned shuttles & the like because their owner gets a killmail & that can lead to some potential diplomatic "complications".
|

James Lyrus
Lyrus Associates Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:14:00 -
[3]
It does. It always has. Self destruct is your friend.
|

Zomiaen
Gallente Ore Mongers Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:14:00 -
[4]
Yeah, its been like that for as long as I have played the game (one year).
Which reminds me, I left a thorax out in curse at SS, no killmails yet so it must still be out there  _________________________
 pirates wear pink! - eris was herrrrrrre
|

Oroan
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:38:00 -
[5]
hahaha....
yea.. i whenever i see empty shuttles or frigs i just shoot them.... lag is bad enough as it is at the moment without empty shuttles everywhere.....
was funny when you convo'd me though....
Oroan
|

Hori To
Minmatar Rifter Corp
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:45:00 -
[6]
you can actually insure your shuttles :)
|

Miss Overlord
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 21:48:00 -
[7]
lol and lol yeah empty ships generate killmails to
|

Slash Harnet
Minmatar Industrial Services INC
|
Posted - 2006.10.11 22:41:00 -
[8]
I thought only empty ships that were insured generated kill mails, but I could be wrong.
|

Xiaodown
Vidar Fierd
|
Posted - 2006.10.12 00:02:00 -
[9]
Yeah, it was hilarious because I logged in (in a station in sobaseki) and saw that kill mail...
So, I messaged Oroan... i was like "Hey. Did you just kill me?"
and he was like "...no." |

Dei
Crystaline Green
|
Posted - 2006.10.12 00:30:00 -
[10]
So what happens if you board an empty insured ship and then self destruct?
Does that send a kill mail?
I did some random moon clearing to get rid of the shuttles and I got the default insurance from them. Do you get to claim the insurance once someone has boarded your ship?
(Lots of questions )
|

Nanobot
Deviance Inc SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.10.12 00:35:00 -
[11]
I did a bit of shuttle bashing a couple of weeks ago against an alliance we were fighting (might be obvious who, but this is not for a flame war as I'm just replying to the OP with my view). Jumped to a couple of their POS's (in pod)with shuttles hanging outside the shield and proceded to "shuttle bash" for a while. Funny thing was I got insurance for every single shuttle that was destroyed, but only kill mails for about 1/2 of em.
Shoot 1st, shoot some more, keep shooting, some more shot, and if anyones alive after ask a few questions. Just a soldier following orders. |

Equliz3r
Gallente Dark Nebula Gallente Division Confederation of Independent Corporations
|
Posted - 2006.10.12 02:11:00 -
[12]
I guess the reason I got so much lag from killing these shuttles was from the 81 killmails generated.
-Eq
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |