| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jenkins Claiborne
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:07:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Jenkins Claiborne on 15/10/2006 17:08:17 Simple as that. I have a limited budget, but I want to know if there's a consensus about which ships rock @ PvP, or are just plain fun.
I can fly minmatar ships mainly: T2 cruisers except logistics, af's, and inties. but please don't leave out other ships, I'll train into them if they're that cool.
|

lofty29
Praxiteles Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:13:00 -
[2]
Megathrons are just plain fun, but if you want fun (and tbh, quite cheap) minmatar PVP, use a Rupture, Stabber, Cyclone or Tempest. ---
Praxitele's Inc. is Recruiting! |

inSpirAcy
The Solopwnmobiles
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:13:00 -
[3]
A friend of mine has an awesome time cruising around 0.0 in his Pilgrim. There's nothing quite like being able to pick your fights as gracefully as it can.
Me, I'm stuck in my little Arbitrator until I've done Cruiser V. It's still fun. 
|

Katrina Coreli
Vindication Angels
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:30:00 -
[4]
Personaly i love the Ishkur, great damage and good looking to boot, Green FTW
|

Nervar
Exotic Dancers Club
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:36:00 -
[5]
tempest, muninn or sleipnir 4tw
|

MacDuncan
Minmatar Unknown Society
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:39:00 -
[6]
Q: "What's your favorite PvP ship?" A: "That ship that get's the job done and keep me alive....!" 
Pest, Phoon, Rupture, Stabber, Rifter
--
|

Ismern
GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:49:00 -
[7]
I fly around a T2 fitted Thorax.
It's a lot of fun to use and not insanely expensive to replace.
----------------------------------------------------------- The winners of EVE have spoken.
Let's all quit GoonSwarm and go to Empire while we still have some ISK left. |

d026
Herrscher der Zeit
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 17:52:00 -
[8]
i like my scorp:)
|

Horza Otho
Minmatar Silver Star Federation
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 18:00:00 -
[9]
Mega, Domi, Ishtar, Tempest, Vagabond, Stiletto. :)
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 18:13:00 -
[10]
Usually these threads are filled with gallente people loving their ships. For once, there are many minmatards liking their ships. I like it. :)
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Rehmes
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 18:32:00 -
[11]
Rifter, Stabber, Rupture, Tempest.
I think Rifters are perhaps the most fun ship in game imo.
|

ShogunAssassin
System-Lords
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 18:34:00 -
[12]
Edited by: ShogunAssassin on 15/10/2006 18:35:43 T2 Thorax, ishkur, Vexor, Taranis. Yeah Rifter too, a sweet little ship.
Quote: if they aren't smurf they die.
|

Gabriel Karade
Office linebackers Blood of the Innocents
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 20:10:00 -
[13]
GFS Stormhawk  ----------
- Office Linebacker -
|

Ozzie Asrail
FATAL REVELATIONS Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 21:17:00 -
[14]
*Looks at sig*  -----
|

Neo Providence
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 21:21:00 -
[15]
a rupture, rifter, and tempest.
|

Aeaus
Tharsis Security
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 21:23:00 -
[16]
Oh dang, too many to list. I think my favorite one so far was my Vigilant (lost in the most crappy situation I assure you), haven't gotten one since, but some of my most memorable kills were made in that ship.
I have a few others, but ATM I'm changing ships way too often for that to really matter.
|

Nira Li
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 21:58:00 -
[17]
Armageddon, Thorax, Crusader. 
You Will Cry My Name
|

Rexthor Hammerfists
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 22:07:00 -
[18]
THE BANANA - Purple Conquered The World, We the Universe.
|

Ice Conch
Ore Mongers
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 22:10:00 -
[19]
domi, rax, vexor, taranis
This is Samirol's alt. |

wierchas noobhunter
Caldari Praxiteles Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 22:11:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists TEH BANANA
fixed 
join me be cool |

DeadRow
True Core
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 22:33:00 -
[21]
I like flying the Arazu and Megathron, both are fun. /DeadRow, True Core |

Tibullus
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 22:35:00 -
[22]
Vexor, Ishkur, Taranis |

keepiru
Supernova Security Systems
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 22:41:00 -
[23]
I've flown a bit of everything when the occasion calls for it, but I tend to gravitate pretty quickly back to BCs (i fly all of them). Right now my favourites are the Brutix & Cyclone.
I can fly Command Ships but... I havent gotten blown up enough times in a BC to feel confident about flying one in PVP :) ----------------
Please fix BC Sig/Agility! |

Frools
No Quarter. Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 00:05:00 -
[24]
geddon, zealot, omen, taranis
|

OrangeAfroMan
Suffoco Noctis Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 01:31:00 -
[25]
Tempest, Rupture, Claw \o/
Gronsak is Tux's angry alt. |

Jenkins Claiborne
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 04:33:00 -
[26]
So, you're telling me that ships are like everything else in Eve and there is no one "best" of them. The taranis and rifter get a lot of mention, and due to the huge cost difference and my T2 small projectiles maybe I'll try the Rifter first and see how I like the AC fights.
I did notice a distinct lack of Caldari ships in this thread. Not one mention of any of them. Suppose because nobody wants to be the EW ship in a small gang and their only offensive BS needs a couple tacklers so targets don't just warp off.
I was also surprised there were not more people saying Vaga or Huginn since I can fly them both. I have a Muninn, but I am not sure that I could really afford to lose it, so it may not go PvPing for a while-rule number one of Eve I have learned: Don't fly what you can't afford to lose. Especially not in PvP.
|

Eleni Shakira
Citizens of E.A.R.T.H. E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 04:42:00 -
[27]
A properly fit Armageddon makes a surprisingly fun and effective ship in many pvp situations.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by not switching to Geico.
*snip* Cute, but not eve related - Tirg
Since when are recruitment threads not Eve related? |

Tasty Burger
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 04:52:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Jenkins Claiborne So, you're telling me that ships are like everything else in Eve and there is no one "best" of them. The taranis and rifter get a lot of mention, and due to the huge cost difference and my T2 small projectiles maybe I'll try the Rifter first and see how I like the AC fights.
I did notice a distinct lack of Caldari ships in this thread. Not one mention of any of them. Suppose because nobody wants to be the EW ship in a small gang and their only offensive BS needs a couple tacklers so targets don't just warp off.
I was also surprised there were not more people saying Vaga or Huginn since I can fly them both. I have a Muninn, but I am not sure that I could really afford to lose it, so it may not go PvPing for a while-rule number one of Eve I have learned: Don't fly what you can't afford to lose. Especially not in PvP.
Caldari and Gallente ships are generally win mobiles but they're boring as hell, so people fly minmatar.
|

FFGR
Maza Nostra Euphoria Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 05:00:00 -
[29]
Rook.
Why ? Cause I like them when they scream in local "FFS ROOK OVERPOWERED NERF NERF!" (yes there are quite many that say that)
It makes me want to jump around in joy  _____________________________
siggys v. 0.5 |

goodby4u
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 05:20:00 -
[30]
Curse pilgrim vagabond zealot arbitrator megathron thorax taranis vengeance jag.
|

Kanthras
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 05:53:00 -
[31]
Rifter, Stabber, Rupture, Tempest
|

Valea Silpha
Death Monkey's With Knives
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 06:32:00 -
[32]
Although i still can't get used to flying it, my new ruppie fit feels really nice (not yet combat tested).
Aside for that, for cruisers i would have to say i like the stabber. Speed is good. Now if only it has another med...
I like my stilletos too. The claw is obviously the damage machine, but the stilleto has so much versatility with the 4th med slot. In inty vs inty i tend to fit a multispec, because im a coward, but the rest of the time i like fitting a painter or another 2 points of scram.
<Hammerhead> TomB is doing the nerfing <Hammerhead> I just stand behind him, look at his monitor and shake my head |

Scorpyn
Caldari The Patriot Pact
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 06:40:00 -
[33]
Odd that nobody has chosen the raven yet, since so many ppl are complaining that it's overpowered.
I like the manticore myself. I would probably have liked the cerberus if the price had been somewhat reasonable.
|

Mercykiller III
Caldari Starshine Enterprises Galaxia Union
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 06:45:00 -
[34]
Crow, vagabond
|

Merin Ryskin
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 07:22:00 -
[35]
Nice to see a couple fellow vigilant fans in this thread. It might not be the best ship ever, but it's definitely my favorite.
|

DeadDuck
Amarr DAB RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 07:50:00 -
[36]
Crusader . Easly replacable and fast. Unfortunatelly I dont use my Zealot to pvp and I would love to, but I just cant convince my self to take it to batlle and see +200m going to the drain 
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 08:10:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 16/10/2006 08:13:40
Originally by: Scorpyn Odd that nobody has chosen the raven yet, since so many ppl are complaining that it's overpowered.
It is overpowered, but also quite boring to fly. The favorite ships someone has is generally ships they consider fun to fly. I could fly both the Raven and the Scorpion and probably get alot of kills, but instead I fly ships like the stabber and rupture because they are fast and fun.
This thread isnt about the Raven, but all you have to do to see that its overpowered is look at its superior tanking combined with its close-to-the-top damage output at any range. Normally you dont get both those things in one ship.
For example, the Ferox has good tanking, but not so good damage. Thats the way it is when its balanced.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Nige007
Blood Inquisition Sani Khal'Vecna
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 10:14:00 -
[38]
I'm having loads of fun in my Ishkur, I don't have a lot of cash so am allways concious of how much money I could lose. But hey it adds the extra buzz to it. Plus it just looks so stylish.
|

FPS Doug
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 10:52:00 -
[39]
Badger Mk II
A little tank here, a little EW there, and you have some tremendous fun for zero risk (well, insurance costs).  |

Polinus
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 11:15:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Polinus on 16/10/2006 11:16:36 srry wrong post
|

cytomatrix
Caldari Catalyst Reaction Xelas Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 12:53:00 -
[41]
Rook!!! With tech2 fittings, it rocks.   ______________________________________________________________
|

nabort
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 15:07:00 -
[42]
The way too expensive and completely evil (but vulnerable to jamming as i have discovered all too often) t2 AC Rupture 
|

Forbiden Sin
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 15:08:00 -
[43]
hands down dominix, for close range, raven for sniping
|

Vince DeDanann
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 15:33:00 -
[44]
Zealot, Phoon, Fleet Stabber/vaga, Arbi
|

Taram Caldar
Caldari Acheron Vanguard Armada The Shadow Ascension
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 15:43:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Jim McGregor Edited by: Jim McGregor on 16/10/2006 08:13:40
Originally by: Scorpyn Odd that nobody has chosen the raven yet, since so many ppl are complaining that it's overpowered.
It is overpowered, but also quite boring to fly. The favorite ships someone has is generally ships they consider fun to fly. I could fly both the Raven and the Scorpion and probably get alot of kills, but instead I fly ships like the stabber and rupture because they are fast and fun.
This thread isnt about the Raven, but all you have to do to see that its overpowered is look at its superior tanking combined with its close-to-the-top damage output at any range. Normally you dont get both those things in one ship.
For example, the Ferox has good tanking, but not so good damage. Thats the way it is when its balanced.
I call BS, if they were WTFPWN mobiles everyone would use them. And people would say they were their favorite. Fact is most caldari find other ships far better for PVP... wonder why that is? Because Caldari ships kick rear for PVE but for PVP they're just... ok... They are not the proverbial "IWIN" that you seem to want everyone to think they are. No matter how "boring" they are if a ship were that freaking good at least a few people would be saying it was their favorite for PvP. Period.
|

Audri Fisher
Caldari The Keep THE R0CK
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 16:36:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Forbiden Sin hands down dominix, for close range, raven for sniping
WTF? How do you snipe in a raven?
let me rephrase that, how in the hell do your tacklers survive the 60 seconds it takes for your missles to hit?
|

Audri Fisher
Caldari The Keep THE R0CK
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 16:37:00 -
[47]
Oh and to the OP.
Cormy > ALL 
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 16:38:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Forbiden Sin raven for sniping
Umm....  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Susa Ou
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 18:29:00 -
[49]
The Raven does well at range, with T2 Torps. Once the initial torp hits (not 60 seconds - a lot shorter) the pounding will never stop.
For PvP, I enjoy the Geddon and the Retribution. Winning with Amarr is very satisfying.
|

Gort
Rampage Eternal
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 19:28:00 -
[50]
Favorite = Huginn. Most fun = Vagabond.
Low-tech sig: "When in doubt, empty the magazine." |

Karash Amerius
Amarr O.E.C
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 20:03:00 -
[51]
Full T2 Fitted Geddon. Doesn't last too long but its fun to fly.
Merc Blog |

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Cheers Restaurant and Bar Nova Republic
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 20:11:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Usually these threads are filled with gallente people loving their ships. For once, there are many minmatards liking their ships. I like it. :)
How about a Gallente who likes Minmatard (tee-hee) ships? T2 autocannons are so much cheaper than T2 blasters, and I really like rat-at-at-at. Rifter + T2 150's and Barrage is a sick little million-iskie wonder.
-- Guile can always trump hardware -- |

Still Hart
Aurora Empire Fuzzy Nut Attack Squirrels
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 20:29:00 -
[53]
Rapier for solo work.
Huginn in a group.
Claw or rupture if I plan on coming back without implants. 
_____________________
|

Liet Traep
Minmatar Black Lance Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 21:05:00 -
[54]
Curse, best amarr small gang ship now. After that I love my absolution.
|

Beringe
Raptus Regaliter
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 21:11:00 -
[55]
Pretty much all the Caldari and Gallente classics, minus HACs and capital ships.
All-time favorites include the scorpion, the crow, the megathron, the raven and the thorax. ------------------------------------------- "Never underestimate the power of language."
--Daitan Beringe, honorary director in charge of bottles-- |

Mary Makepeace
Caldari Neh'bu Kau Beh'Hude Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 22:36:00 -
[56]
crow and flycatcher.
always fun.
|

ZigZag Joe
The Republican Guard
|
Posted - 2006.10.17 00:15:00 -
[57]
Jaguar, Ishkur. Arbi is also quite mean fitted like a curse . Rax for gate ganks
<< zigzag forever. >> |

Tu Hooah
Gallente Cosmic Odyssey Chorus of Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.10.17 06:20:00 -
[58]
Vexor, Celestis I can't fly other races yet, if I did maybe Rifter or Merlin would be fun  ------------------------------------------------- 2006.10.15 05:21:43 Notify The Small Tractor Beam I cannot engage a tractor beam on that object as it is already being tractor beamed by something |

stoneyharrie2
|
Posted - 2006.10.17 09:39:00 -
[59]
i like domi and thorax :))
|

Fi T'Zeh
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.10.17 09:50:00 -
[60]
I <3 my vindi. ....
Real men use blasters |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |