| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kalshrith
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 07:29:00 -
[1]
Greetings,
I have just released the latest version of my EVE Tranquility MAP, which is available from either my website Kals EVE Journal which also has lots of other EVE Geographical and Political data or direct from the FTP server.
Kals EVE Map v1.4 2048x1536 Wallpaper Version (Nov 5th 2003).
There is also a lower resolution version.
Kals EVE Map v1.8 1280x1024 Wallpaper Version (Oct 28th 2003)
Cheers
Kal
-- " .. the actions of our past .. shape the events of our future..**
|

Rex Mortalis
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 09:13:00 -
[2]
Another fantastic piece of work here. Many thanks for the effort. It's so useful to read the posts about various regions then to look at your map to see just where they are.
Keep up the good work.
Rex
|

Max Delorian
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 12:55:00 -
[3]
I do always look forward to the next instalment of you maps, so many things keep changing around here its nice to see all the latest information condensed into a picture 
Great job again Kal ---------------- Came in like a mess, going out in style
|

Sphalerite
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 13:08:00 -
[4]
quality, as always.
One question, you have Outer Ring shaded unrestricted and you don't have a claim name by it... how is this different than Cloud Ring and Fade which both are unshaded?
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 14:12:00 -
[5]
Egbinger need a skull and bones.
I love how the Great Wildlands isn't even disputed on this map but went from being claimed by the GWP to becoming a protectorate of the CA. Informations warfare at its best.
I appretiate the work but wish for someone unaffiliated to put forth alternative maps.
Convert Stations
|

Aodha Khan
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 14:16:00 -
[6]
Excellent work.
BTW the java crapplet on your front page stops your site from loading for 1 minute on my machine.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak. |

Angelsfist
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 14:25:00 -
[7]
FYI: HED is still a hotspot, so you may wish to mark it as such.
Thanks for your continued excellent work !!!

|

Finderne
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 14:52:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Finderne on 05/11/2003 14:52:30
Quote: I love how the Great Wildlands isn't even disputed on this map but went from being claimed by the GWP to becoming a protectorate of the CA. Informations warfare at its best.
Not exactly. Older versions of Kal's maps show wildlands as owned by the Thukker tribe - never any mention of GWP or CA there until this version. Which does weaken the CA party line about how it was always an undisputed CA claim from way back (if anyone bought that to begin with). But Kal didn't erase a GWP claim either. If GWP had chimed in on earlier postings of the alliance map or otherwise announced your claim, maybe some of this could have been avoided.
|

Kalshrith
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 15:32:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Kalshrith on 05/11/2003 15:32:44 Greetings Friends.
Thanks for the great feedback its much appreciated.
I consider the MAP and all the content that I collect/compile/write and post to my website to be 'Neutral' in an ingame political views or propoganda etc.
The MAP and other items such as my EVE Guides on EVE I:COM, POI database and political overviews on my Kals journal site all to simply be my small contribution to the EVE community.
When I log into eve and am playing 'Kalshrith, Oracle Minmatar freedom fighter and Curse Alliance mainstead' I have got some VERY specific Incharacter points of view and act accordingly. While not logged in, my agenda is simple and focused on trying to pull together all the wonderful information covering EVE Politics, wars, power struggles etc which for me makes EVE unique as a game and is as entaintaining/fun as being ingame.
I have never been drawn into forum smack talk, as for me every person who posts is another unique and entertaining source of new information, ideas and opinions.
Personally I was disappointed that nothing seemed to come from the GWA/GWP other than a few vague posts. I did spend some time digging around and trying to uncover further substantiating data but basically I came up empty handed. GWA/GWP still have a Alliance entry on my website but at some point I will drop them if Im unable to populate it with some data.
Similarly with numerous other alliances, groups and pacts that I recieve information about or am contacted by. Anyone can 'say' something but it needs to be backed up with information, data, background and supporting evidence that gives it meaning and validates such groups.
This type of data gathering used to be my occupation. While my days as a Federal investigator are over (very very over) I still approach such things with the same critical methodology.
So basically the more and better quality information I can gather either directly, from contributed sources or via plain old forum mining; the more accurate and informative the results. =)
Thanks again, your encouragement and feedback (positive and negative) is appreciated, helpful and well recieved.
Cheers
Kal
-- " .. the actions of our past .. shape the events of our future..**
|

Kashre
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 16:06:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Kashre on 05/11/2003 16:08:39
Quote: quality, as always.
One question, you have Outer Ring shaded unrestricted and you don't have a claim name by it... how is this different than Cloud Ring and Fade which both are unshaded?
Sphal: I was just in Outer Ring at one of our offices there to retrieve some goods (takes a LONG time to get there if you use the back door to skip FD-MLJ!) and talked to some locals there. There is a group called the "Outer Ring Association" which seems to have a similar territorial stance to the CFS: The region is free, but pirates are a Bad Thing. In fact while I was there they had blockades up at all the gates in 4C-B7X because there was a dude from Moo in local. They dont seem to like moo much.
That's why, I assume, Kal has it listed as "unrestricted but claimed" +++
It's called "low security space" for a reason. |

Kalshrith
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 16:21:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Kalshrith on 05/11/2003 16:21:21 Greetings,
My apologies, I forgot to reply to your question about the Outer Ring.
I recieved notification a few weeks ago about the 'Outer Ring Association'. In the time since I have recieved a number of other substantiating reports and tibs of information giving creedance to ORA being a factual entity, but due to the recent events in/around Curse Id been unable to schedule a visit to eye ball matters.
When finalising the latest map I included the ORA protectorate zone, leaving it unnamed purposefully in the hope it would help me to validate matters by getting people talking about it(crafty spook trick that) =).
By leaving it 'anonymous' if it looked like ORA was not a substantiated entity then it would easily be dropped in the next update.
Youll also probably see a number of other items in this map update which are part of some reorganisation of information and in preparation for the next update.
The Keys information made its appearance, if it proves to be useful itll stay and will hold additional entity data which either couldnt/didnt or as yet hasnt made it into the general map geography.
So, ORA!! ORA!! ORA!! If someone can drop me a note with some data, a web link or such it would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Kal
-- " .. the actions of our past .. shape the events of our future..**
|

Archain
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 18:06:00 -
[12]
Damn, Kalshrith, you do outstanding work.
Keep it up!
Space Invaders Movie Library - [SPVD]
|

Cormyat Astara
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 19:55:00 -
[13]
That's a damned good map dude. Thanks for the hard work!
|

Cell Satimo
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 21:55:00 -
[14]
Excellent Map. Thanks. | Join eve-webring.com to promote your site. |

Voldemort
|
Posted - 2003.11.05 23:47:00 -
[15]
Very very nice work. It is so easy just to look at your MAPS and finally comprehend whats happening in EVE. Like it was mentioned before you might want to add Edbinger to your hotspots.
Quote: Mining Smells
-Vold
"I despise playing Eve. I'm forced to play it by 4 Samurai's, 84 non-league football teams and a threatening slice of celery."
|

Darrin Tobruk
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 00:07:00 -
[16]
i have a quick question about 2 of the hot spots on your map. nice map by the way. anyway, there's one in the southeastern forge region, and another in the citadel near sinq liason. i was just wondering what was going on there as this area is my normal stomping ground. again, great work on the map. how often do you update it? _______________________________________________ Eris Discordia: On the scale of funny and constructive it scores low, real low. |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 00:55:00 -
[17]
They call themselves the Outer Ring Society...
Convert Stations
|

Sphalerite
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 02:01:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Sphalerite on 06/11/2003 02:01:50 hey, look. Even the Devs love you 
|

TornSoul
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 12:12:00 -
[19]
Quote: They call themselves the Outer Ring Society...
What he said.
And yup - Put them on your map. They are for real. BIG Lottery
[u |

Probe
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 13:17:00 -
[20]
Yep, the maps look nice enough.
Saddly now they start raising some questions about it's impartiality regarding the GWA that was well marked on the last Map version and CA territory was visibly separated from the Great WinterLands, prior to the discussion wars about it started on Forums...
Guess the facts of data gathering of 2 weeks ago are very different than today...
2 Weeks ago data gathering stated that CA had no connection to Great WinterLands and there was a shady alliance there.
Nowdays facts is that there is no GWA and that area is CA's.
I for one saw both GWA and CA ppl claiming the region as theirs in the forum... and only that.
I always heard that possession had a big volume of a Claim... and ppl don't see many CA in WinterLands... actually they seem to be always camping HED gates instead.
Guess unlike GWA, the CA members did made a BIG number of "vague posts"... afterall, inside allinace info is more common and reliable than outside "hear-say"
I for one will keep the previous map version in a desktop link cuz it's more "neutraly biased".
Nice start, bad finish.
|

slayr
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 13:59:00 -
[21]
hey guys, lets all give kal unrestricted access to anyones space due to his outstanding efforts on all our behalfs. I think if he were free to visit, explore and chat with locals the info on his most excellent map would be even better! Kudos Kal
|

Kalshrith
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 14:55:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Kalshrith on 06/11/2003 14:56:41 Greetings All.
Im very amused, surprised, a little sad and generally perplexed! =)
Just to requote what put me in this joxical mood; from Probe.
Quote: Saddly now they start raising some questions about it's impartiality regarding the GWA that was well marked on the last Map version and CA territory was visibly separated from the Great WinterLands, prior to the discussion wars about it started on Forums...
Ill not quote the whole thing as you can easily step back up the thread and read it all yourselves.
Oh I love conspiracy theories, especially being this is the first one ive been 'pointed' out as being involved in.
The map and everything else that I contribute is given 'as is' and its only fair to believe that it reflects how I see the world of eve and the events that happen within it. However, I have always and continue to take personal pride in my delineation between my In-Character and Out-of-Character personalities.
I dont understand how a Map can eventuate into validating or not the existance or otherwise of a political entity. However, I do take your comments in good faith and humor; that I am sure was intended.
Youll note however;
1. The Map has only ever shown what I have considered to be either significant, active, obvious, impacting or interesting to myself and others that may enjoy it. 2. The current Map now has a KEY in the lower right corner which contains the names and tags which I have assigned. 3. The KEY currently lists a number of entities which I know exist or have existed but are not reflected on the map surface but need noting. Such as Coalition of Curse (Coc), Syndicate-Placid Commonwealth (SPC) and Great Wildlands Pact/Alliance (GWA/GWP). 4. I took similar flak from CC people when GWA was put on the previous Map. But at that time I think its was topical enough to deserve remaining and it did. I knew I would similarly take some flak for this latest update which removed them from the main map but I did this because I believed it was correct. 5. I have spent approximately 27 hours over the past 5 days travelling in and around Great Wildlands Region and the other claimed CA protectorates. I did this so I would have a first hand understanding of the real situation and to see if I found obvious signs of an active and engaging political entity. 6. Found none, saw no corps carrying notices of membership and general found the whole area to be pretty empty (player wise). 7. The main action I saw were a number of CA patrols, 5 seperate CA and associated party mining groups, 11 Independant mining groups containing between 1 and 7 players and 1 very sorry excuse for a pirate whom was silly enough to try pit his Megathron against my Scorpion. (Said pirate recieved a free express trip to his assigned clone reanimation station)
So in summary, those I did encounter (less the silly pirate) in the Great Wildlands that I have list above and the many individuals I came across who were rat hunting etc were a friendly bunch and at worst my salutations and questions in local got ignored.
So while yes I have seen people posting either claiming involvement with or supporting the GWA/GWP on these forums; that doesnt make it real.
To close, I believe that GWA/GWP or whatever they maybe called do exist and its only expected that such would in a region with the history of the Wildlands. However, is it significant enough 'as yet' to take up the region? no its not. The CA Claim over the area is of far more interest to most and as such its shown.
The Map has and will continue to evolve, its now become the basis of further efforts on my part to collect and consolidate political and faction data. In the end you are free to ignore it, love it or hate it.
As for me, Im a happy camper and very self assured about my own openness, fairness and as best I can; balanced point of view. That has and will continue to get me into hot water with those that may wish to tailor or creatively craft everything into some subliminal political manipulative message; but thats another reason I like this game so much =).
Cheers and be sure to wave next time you see my zipping threw you local star system.
Kal.
-- " .. the actions of our past .. shape the events of our future..**
|

Kunming
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 16:50:00 -
[23]
A masterpiece of good work!
Intercepting since BETA |

Spruance
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 16:58:00 -
[24]
Kal,
Can you tell me what graphics software you use on your map? I noticed all the systems are different star colours (an option) but what program do you use to do the custom stuff?
Thanks,
Spruance
|

Kalshrith
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 17:09:00 -
[25]
Greetings,
For prep of the standard wallpaper Map, I am using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator 7.0 exclusively. As with just about anything graphic in nature photoshop and illustrator are great tools which I have been using for years.
My current versions are all upgrades from my original 3.0's and I just keep taking the special upgrade offers on eavh new version when they come out.
I have been playing around with a Flash version of the map, it offers the ability to do some very nice interactive things etc but I need to skill up my macromedia skills before I can really put it to good use.
Cheers
Kal -- " .. the actions of our past .. shape the events of our future..**
|

Marcus Malos
|
Posted - 2003.11.06 21:34:00 -
[26]
Quote: Edited by: Kalshrith on 06/11/2003 14:56:415. I have spent approximately 27 hours over the past 5 days travelling in and around Great Wildlands Region and the other claimed CA protectorates. I did this so I would have a first hand understanding of the real situation and to see if I found obvious signs of an active and engaging political entity. 6. Found none, saw no corps carrying notices of membership and general found the whole area to be pretty empty (player wise).
Maybe you could have gone to the lil yellow dots on the map given that most of them were my corp last night.
After CA made there "claiming" posts most GWP/GWA detagged to avoid reprisals but given the things on the public and private GWP channels they seem just as happy at shooting neutrals.
Your free to contact myself ingame if you would like.
|

JPFAmarr
|
Posted - 2003.11.07 01:18:00 -
[27]
Kudos again to Kal. Thanks again for putting in the work to keep this map up-to-date.
Generic Corporation |

Calladen Nimitz
|
Posted - 2003.11.07 04:14:00 -
[28]
Kal,
Fantastic map. I took it to Kinko's and had them print it out on a colour laser printer for me and stuck it on the wall. Great resource thanks alot!
Calladen Nimitz 
(if your not in the US - Kinkos is a copy center store)
|

Kalshrith
|
Posted - 2003.11.07 06:42:00 -
[29]
Greetings,
Marcus I shall contact you ingame hopefully today or tomorrow. My actual ingame time has been limited for most of this week, I trust we can chat soon and I thank you for the invitation.
Calladen, that sounds very cool!. While im not in the US (im in Australia) as the unofficial 54th US state after Canada =) we do have kinkos here. The reason I moved to the 2048x1536 base map was purely for the printing quality as a lot of people requested the higher dpi for printing.
Btw I really liked Slayr's idea, however I know it would not really be possible etc. One idea I was playing with was to do a 'Detailed' Map and overview analysis of a different region per month. Access to some of the more interesting regional spaces however is very limited (Fountain, Venal and Stain etc) so Im not sure how possible it will be to do it.
I can only die trying =)
Cheers
Kal -- " .. the actions of our past .. shape the events of our future..**
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |