| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Pattern Clarc
The Priory
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 07:13:00 -
[1]
Seriously.
Considering the relative similarity in strength between all the tiers, why would I want to spend double on a tier 3?
28th November, did you say?
 Sig removed lacks EVE content, email [email protected] if you have any questions - Xorus |

Nifel
Caldari Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 07:17:00 -
[2]
Who cares with platinum insurance?
"When I die I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car." RKK Ranking: (MIN14) Sama |

Azerrad InExile
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 07:33:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Azerrad InExile on 16/11/2006 07:33:43 Considering I mostly fly Minmatar and Gallente, I really don't see a reason to spend the extra isk. Although I haven't tried out the Maelstrom as an AC boat yet, but for long range I'd rather not spend the extra for insurance and 2 1400mm IIs for only 0.5 turrets worth of added damage.
|

Phelan Lore
Sniggerdly
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 07:55:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Azerrad InExile Although I haven't tried out the Maelstrom as an AC boat yet, but for long range I'd rather not spend the extra for insurance and 2 1400mm IIs for only 0.5 turrets worth of added damage.
Smaller drone bay and no NOS for tackle defence or on AC setups.
Maelstrom has pretty much no use over the tempest. (except possibly sentry tanking)
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 07:57:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Azerrad InExile Edited by: Azerrad InExile on 16/11/2006 07:33:43 Considering I mostly fly Minmatar and Gallente, I really don't see a reason to spend the extra isk. Although I haven't tried out the Maelstrom as an AC boat yet, but for long range I'd rather not spend the extra for insurance and 2 1400mm IIs for only 0.5 turrets worth of added damage.
Maelstrom as a autocannon boat has worse dps than a typhoon (only because torpedoes are so powerful), and wont be very good for solo since it shares slots between tackling gear and tank. Maelstrom also is slower and has less drone space. Typhoon can tank pretty good with 7 lows.
But I guess for variation or something, it can work... 
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

murder one
Gallente CRICE Corporation Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 08:14:00 -
[6]
The only new battleship that people are going to be paying big money for in large numbers is the Rokh. It has a clearly defined role, it has big advantages over Tier2 BSs (all of them), and is very sharp looking to boot.
The Abaddon won't be used for much besides sentry/complex tanking I'm sure, the Maelstrom won't be used much except for possibly the same, PVE, missions etc., and the Hype will be more useful than the Mega around gates with it's larger tank (blasterboat with bigger tank and same gank? wtf?) and relatively comparable DPS to the Mega. It's actually a better gate ganker due to the fact that a larger percentage of it's DPS is from it's guns rather than it's drones, and drones tend to get popped quickly while gate ganking.
Personally I'd like to hear from the devs how they think the new ships should be best fitted/utilized, because as of right now the Abaddon/Maelstrom/Hyperion have no really clear role and only marginal improvements (if at all) over their Tier2 counterparts.
Because I said so...
|

Joshua Foiritain
Gallente Coreli Corporation Corelum Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 08:56:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Nifel Who cares with platinum insurance?
Insurance which would cost 66 mill? Ie a tier 1 battleship  -----
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe] |

Jin Entres
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 09:17:00 -
[8]
Originally by: murder one
Personally I'd like to hear from the devs how they think the new ships should be best fitted/utilized, because as of right now the Abaddon/Maelstrom/Hyperion have no really clear role and only marginal improvements (if at all) over their Tier2 counterparts.
I agree. To avoid having Tier 3 making Tier 2 obsolete, the ships should have clearly defined, different roles.
For Caldari, Rokh is the awaited rail BS. For Gallente, Hyperion should be the ultimate blaster BS (which atm it is not). For Amarr, Abaddon could be a drone boat since Geddon and Apoc already kinda are just about gank or tank. For Minmatar the Maelstrom could be a slow, inagile heavy hitter.
As they are, Tier 3 battleships apart from Rokh are both not different enough nor good enough compared to Tier 2.
---
|

Udyr Vulpayne
Amarr PIE Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 11:43:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Udyr Vulpayne on 16/11/2006 11:44:00 insurance -> payout when i checked it 2 weeks or so ago:
maelstrom: 43.5m -> 145m rokh: 49.5m -> 165m hyperion: 52.8m -> 176m abaddon: 54m -> 180m
|

Pattern Clarc
The Priory
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 12:45:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Udyr Vulpayne Edited by: Udyr Vulpayne on 16/11/2006 11:44:00 insurance -> payout when i checked it 2 weeks or so ago:
maelstrom: 43.5m -> 145m rokh: 49.5m -> 165m hyperion: 52.8m -> 176m abaddon: 54m -> 180m
**** that Sig removed lacks EVE content, email [email protected] if you have any questions - Xorus |

Nifel
Caldari Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 13:33:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Joshua Foiritain
Originally by: Nifel Who cares with platinum insurance?
Insurance which would cost 66 mill? Ie a tier 1 battleship 
Hmm... maybe finally some tech1 then that it'd hurt to lose. Now they only need to be useful (minus the Rokh obviously).
"When I die I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car." RKK Ranking: (MIN14) Sama |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |