| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

mellian
Research Associates
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 19:20:00 -
[31]
How is running away from Concord a bannable offense? I can understand it is against the game world rules, but actually real rule, with an Open-ended game? No one should be accused of exploit when they manage running away from Concord, unless they actually exploit a bug. Crummy AI and incapable to kill a runaway is not a bug. Just silly to think that people are required to just sit there and get killed by Concord.
-mellian
|

Brutor Shaun
Minmatar Freelancers UK Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 19:31:00 -
[32]
Originally by: DarkElf
Originally by: Brutor Shaun
Originally by: DarkElf
Originally by: Brutor Shaun Why is it an exploit? If you run and get away with it, well done. TBH though, I think if your tagged as being Concord food, there should be a never ending aggression timer until they get you.
it's an exploit because ccp say it's an exploit. there is no discussing it. ccp say what is an exploit and what isn't. they make the rules, you follow them
Well then perhaps CCP should make it so you can't escape, rather than (supposedly) telling you not to. I've never seen it written anywhere!
Next someone will say it's an exploit to tank, then run away from sentry guns.
And maybe the police should make it so u can't murder somebody instead of telling you not to. pleb!
PLEB!!! LOL!!! It's a written law that you can't kill someone. WHERE IS IT WRITTEN YOU CAN'T RUN FROM CONCORD?
|

BaronWaste
Finis Lumen Muffins of Mayhem
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 19:40:00 -
[33]
Is it written somewhere in the game rules that you can't do that? I'm gonna go check now, but if it isn't, then you didn't agree to it in the EULA. I understand that the rules have to be kept broad for "exploiting" but they should specifically document some of these more grey areas that DON'T use bugs in the game. CCP obviously intended for 0.5 space not to be be as safe as 0.6 or higher, so concord comes later.
That's not a bug, so how is what he did exploitative of the game? If CCP banned your account for that, and it's not documented officially, they could have an interesting problem on their hands.
However, if it is in the rules somewhere, and not just mentioned in a GM petition or somewhere obscurly on the forums, then you should get banned because you broke the EULA.
|

Easy Target
Minmatar Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 19:52:00 -
[34]
U`ll be fine... :)
But yes, it is an exploit, if caught doing it, and reported u will get warnings and ultimatley a ban for it...
U imply u didnt know in your first line, chalk it up to experiance and get on with it.
Offer to pay for the guys ship u destroyed if you guilt is that bad, if not, dust off, and get on with it...
Easy Target -----------------------------------------------
No i'm not good... but i have never claimed to be -------------------- |

Iva Soreass
Black Omega Security The OSS
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:03:00 -
[35]
Edited by: Iva Soreass on 17/11/2006 20:04:06 Exploit lol ? unless you used other means to escape other then warping around then how the feck can this be a exploit?
Any one throw up any proof that this is a exploit? (I dont want "Yeah its a sploit cause i say so" people). Unless a dev//gm comes in this thread and shows it is a exploit then im with the latter.
|

Tommy TenKreds
Animal Mercantile Executive
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:05:00 -
[36]
Originally by: BaronWaste Is it written somewhere in the game rules that you can't do that? I'm gonna go check now, but if it isn't, then you didn't agree to it in the EULA. I understand that the rules have to be kept broad for "exploiting" but they should specifically document some of these more grey areas that DON'T use bugs in the game. CCP obviously intended for 0.5 space not to be be as safe as 0.6 or higher, so concord comes later.
That's not a bug, so how is what he did exploitative of the game? If CCP banned your account for that, and it's not documented officially, they could have an interesting problem on their hands.
However, if it is in the rules somewhere, and not just mentioned in a GM petition or somewhere obscurly on the forums, then you should get banned because you broke the EULA.
Agree with your feelings entirely.
Forum rules lawyers love to chuck this crap around "tht's a h4xploit... ur gonna get b4nz0rred!!onety".
Post a link to the rule or it isn't true. 
Originally by: Ask Ninja Kill all the wolves you're gonna have a crapload of bunnies, and by bunnies I mean stupid people.
|

BaronWaste
Finis Lumen Muffins of Mayhem
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:13:00 -
[37]
Edited by: BaronWaste on 17/11/2006 20:18:52 I went and checked, it says that you can't use BUGS in the game to gain unfair advantage over other players. What you did doesn't sound like any sort of bug to me, but I guess in the end that's up to CCP.
If you want to be safe, report the bug on your trial account, and tell CCP what happened, and ask for an official explanation of what they plan to do about it.
edit: I actually think you should just use your main to report it as a bug to CCP. If they banned your account for a first time offense on an obscure bug that isn't in the rules, they could face legal consequences for it.
The most you'd get is a warning, and more than likely they would probably just tell you it's a known bug and they're looking into it, and to please not try to exploit it in the future, without any sort of formal warning or action against your account.
|

Tommy TenKreds
Animal Mercantile Executive
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:15:00 -
[38]
Originally by: BaronWaste If you want to be safe, report the bug on your trial account, and tell CCP what happened, and ask for an official explanation of what they plan to do about it.
What bug?
Originally by: Ask Ninja Kill all the wolves you're gonna have a crapload of bunnies, and by bunnies I mean stupid people.
|

Valrandir
Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:18:00 -
[39]
I evaded Concord to!
Now, you can keep it to yourself and do it again, or spread the word and obtain another nerf/boost later.
Two things for a successful life - Don't tell everyone everything you know.
-------------------------------- This has surpassed the Yarrdware specification and has been dubbed Uberware.
|

Loud Speaker
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:20:00 -
[40]
OMG someone attacked me and then warped away but didn't let me kill them, do I file that under exploit?
I don't see how running for your life can be considered an exploit. If you manage to kill someone in a ship that can align extremely fast and play marcopolo with concord you should get away with it. The real question would be ships that can cloak. Do concord act like fighters and orbit the cloaked ship or do they drop its cloak? That could be considered a bug, but then can I report a recon ship which is sitting cloaked in a safespot with my fighters orbiting it too since it didn't get blown up?
|

BaronWaste
Finis Lumen Muffins of Mayhem
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:20:00 -
[41]
Edited by: BaronWaste on 17/11/2006 20:21:22
Originally by: Tommy TenKreds
Originally by: BaronWaste If you want to be safe, report the bug on your trial account, and tell CCP what happened, and ask for an official explanation of what they plan to do about it.
What bug?
I'm just saying he should petition it as a bug report, as he admitted here that he heard somewhere that you weren't supposed to be able to do that. I personally don't think it's a bug either, but that would be the best way to go about it. But what constitutes a "bug" isn't really our discretion. CCP decides that ultimately.
|

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:22:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 17/11/2006 20:23:10 The "rule" that evading CONCORD was an exploit was created by the GMs after the Zombie Inc. incident in Yulai.
It is indeed a rule, and it is indeed bannable.
-[23] Member-
Awesome new space games site, from the editor of E-ON! |

James Snowscoran
Coreli Corporation Corelum Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:22:00 -
[43]
It's not a rule so much as a game mechanic 'truth', when you commit an agressive act unprovoked in highsec, your ship dies. If for some reason you manage to evade CONCORD, it is not necessarily an exploit per se, but it IS a case of a game mechanic not working as intended, since you aren't supposed to be able to avoid getting concorded once they're on your ass. They have 100 point scrams and 100% webbers for a reason. -----
|

Loud Speaker
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:25:00 -
[44]
Originally by: James Snowscoran Edited by: James Snowscoran on 17/11/2006 20:22:43 It's not a rule so much as a game mechanic 'truth', when you commit an agressive act unprovoked in highsec, your ship dies. If for some reason you manage to evade CONCORD, it is not necessarily an exploit per se, but it IS a case of a game mechanic not working as intended, since you aren't supposed to be able to avoid getting concorded once they're on your ass. They have 100 point scrams and 100% webbers for a reason.
Just submit a petition or bugreport; tbh I doubt they'll even take your ship away.
In that case why even have concord? Just have some weapon animation and a command to set your ship hp to 0 no chance of running away.
|

BaronWaste
Finis Lumen Muffins of Mayhem
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:26:00 -
[45]
Edited by: BaronWaste on 17/11/2006 20:27:43
Originally by: James Snowscoran It's not a rule so much as a game mechanic 'truth', when you commit an agressive act unprovoked in highsec, your ship dies. If for some reason you manage to evade CONCORD, it is not necessarily an exploit per se, but it IS a case of a game mechanic not working as intended, since you aren't supposed to be able to avoid getting concorded once they're on your ass. They have 100 point scrams and 100% webbers for a reason.
The only problem with that is that I don't think this is really common knowledge. As far as I knew, if you could tank well enough, you could just wait at the gate and then jump through once your agression died down. I don't see how that would be an exploit either.
Also, if it is indeed a rule, it seriously needs to be written down. The rules don't have it in there, they just say you can't exploit bugs in the game. If it's a bug, it needs to be documented.
|

Valan
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:27:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Valan on 17/11/2006 20:39:07
Originally by: Brutor Shaun Why is it an exploit? If you run and get away with it, well done. TBH though, I think if your tagged as being Concord food, there should be a never ending aggression timer until they get you.
The reasoning behind it being an exploit is based on a fundamental principle of EVE. Every action you undertake has a consequence. The trade off is that you can kill people in high sec but you will be punished.
Now its been an exploit since Concord was beefed after Yulai got held up. Trying to find any written proof of any exploit is murder with CCP. Because you're not allowed to discuss it and GMs won't state it. So you actually don't know you've broken a rule until you get petitioned.
I can't believe Winterblink didn't know this he's been around forever.
Anyway the only way to find out because you'll never get anything out of CCP and no one can be bothered to search 3 million posts is to send me an eve mail. I'll come along get ganked and then petition you. If I see you next month its ok. CCP reverse rules and policies that often these days as a three old player I have no clue what you get banned for nowadays.
EDIT: Get out clause. This is not a right or wrong post just telling what I understood from my time in EVE.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game three years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Zolyart
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:30:00 -
[47]
I'm just a simple trial newb but. . . .
If it is an exploit then isn't there basically only 1.0 and 0.0 space?
|

Jak'ai
Minmatar The Temple of Ash Ock
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:31:00 -
[48]
I'd go this way:
Jump on Test Server with someone willing to be your target dummy in the same system you evaded CONCORD in. Shoot them and try to get away again. If you can repeat it, it's probably a bug and should be reported.
I'd be willing to bet that you were both good and lucky to get it to work once, perhaps in a server situation where CONCORD's response was a little delayed from normal. If that's the case, you won't be able to reliably repeat your evasion and you can chalk it up to the slim chance the cops didn't get you that time.
|

Valan
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:35:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Valan on 17/11/2006 20:35:36
Originally by: Zolyart I'm just a simple trial newb but. . . .
If it is an exploit then isn't there basically only 1.0 and 0.0 space?
Apologies I have no idea what you're getting at. Please elaborate.
/start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game three years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

BaronWaste
Finis Lumen Muffins of Mayhem
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:37:00 -
[50]
I think he's trying to say that there's no difference between 1.0 and low-sec. Being that Concord kills you no matter what in high sec, why have the different times for them to show up?
It's actually an interesting point. I mean, so it's easier to grief in 0.5 than 1.0? Kind of?
|

Arlenik Emmanouelik
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:38:00 -
[51]
Surviving CONCORD attack in .5 is not an exploit. Now I don't know what exactly the OP did, but it is possible to tank CONCORD in .5 with a single ship long enough to escape death. I've done it and I know many pirates who use this tactic.
|

Zolyart
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:38:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Valan Edited by: Valan on 17/11/2006 20:35:36
Originally by: Zolyart I'm just a simple trial newb but. . . .
If it is an exploit then isn't there basically only 1.0 and 0.0 space?
Apologies I have no idea what you're getting at. Please elaborate.
Like I said...I'm new here but. . .
If in 0.5 space it is not allowed to avoid concord then 0.5 is just like 1.0, you attack a player you die. I've heard most 0.4 gates are camped so anything below 0.4 is just as bad as 0.0. In effect the whole security level system of 1.0 to 0.0 security is rendered useless by the "rules" that you can't avoid concord and the practice of camping gates to security below 0.5. The affect is you only have 1.0 space, where you can't attack players and 0.0 space where it's PvP free for all.
|

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:40:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Arlenik Emmanouelik Surviving CONCORD attack in .5 is not an exploit. Now I don't know what exactly the OP did, but it is possible to tank CONCORD in .5 with a single ship long enough to escape death. I've done it and I know many pirates who use this tactic.
After the Zombie Inc. incident, GMs stated that what you have described is indeed an exploit.
Unless you're referring to faction attacks due to low standing--those are allowed to be tanked.
-[23] Member-
Awesome new space games site, from the editor of E-ON! |

Valan
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:54:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Splagada wtf seriously, i saw vids on this forum of people (and it was this year) being -9.9 and going through highsec, recording how they evaded concord
why is that bad if they dont haxploit or log? cant do a good run with the police?
Sneaking through empire has never been an exploit. Killing and escaping consequences has. Any GMs around to confirm its still bad. Please answer before this gets locked lol.
Because all I can say it used to be. /start sig I love old characters that post 'I've beeen playing the game three years' when I know their account has been sold on. /end sig |

Sakura Nihil
Tabula Rasa Systems The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:57:00 -
[55]
Offer to let CONCORD pwn your ship when petitioning yourself - the net result is that you end up with a dead ship right, which is what would've happened if CONCORD wasn't too fat and lazy to catch you?
You committed a crime, and would pay the time, all the while letting devs know they need to buff CONCORD response time or firepower up.
"Titans were never meant to be cost-effective, they're a huge ****" - Oveur |

Araxmas
Caldari Imperial Space Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 20:57:00 -
[56]
Would be better to allow people to escape and if you do than a bounty is put on you no matter what sec (bounty like rats do). The only downside i see is people deliberatly doing it and thus high-sec griefing appears. --------
|

Takaharu Tsuyoshi
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 21:07:00 -
[57]
It's not hard to do in a inty, it just needs to be fast enough.
|

Splagada
Minmatar Tides of Silence
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 21:09:00 -
[58]
well then dont they catch you later?
**** it would be so nice if they did some punishment raids to track YOU down through wherever you are
there are other games with npcs having really nice AIs who "act" like players
could be so great ------
relaxed corp looking for members |

Sensor Glitch
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 21:12:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Black Scorpio just keep playing EvE. If you managed to get away from Concord, it's CCPs fault, not yours, and they should fix it!
oh please, thats a lame argument, akin to saying well, if the british government can't stop you blowing up stuff it's their fault and they should fix it.
|

Daniel Jackson
Caldari Black Force
|
Posted - 2006.11.17 21:12:00 -
[60]
Originally by: BaronWaste Edited by: BaronWaste on 17/11/2006 20:18:52 I went and checked, it says that you can't use BUGS in the game to gain unfair advantage over other players. What you did doesn't sound like any sort of bug to me, but I guess in the end that's up to CCP.
If you want to be safe, report the bug on your trial account, and tell CCP what happened, and ask for an official explanation of what they plan to do about it.
edit: I actually think you should just use your main to report it as a bug to CCP. If they banned your account for a first time offense on an obscure bug that isn't in the rules, they could face legal consequences for it.
The most you'd get is a warning, and more than likely they would probably just tell you it's a known bug and they're looking into it, and to please not try to exploit it in the future, without any sort of formal warning or action against your account.
ya i reported a exploit or 2 in the past and thats basicaly what they told me they dident banme or nothen, so i just dident do that exploit again. same when they cought me macrominign and i dident know it was illeagle way back then, after they told me i stoped and never macromined ever again ___________________
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |