| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

HELLBOUNDMAN
Engineering Without Permits
196
|
Posted - 2015.06.03 03:52:06 -
[1] - Quote
This is just a little complaint, but enough of a complaint.
Yes, there is a difference in icon from one ship to another, when speaking of size, but it's not all that well defined.
Example.
Difference from cruiser to battlecruiser is a line underneath the primary icon. This line can be a little... Hard to notice at a glance.
You have to pay attention.
It's not that big of an issue because it's better than what we had before, but if the point is being able to identify one class from another, I would like it to be a bit more distinct.
Looking at the icons in ISIS, this is only a concern for frig vs destroyer and cruiser vs BC.
An idea of what they can do is an industrial compared to a freighter. They're similar, but can be easily distinguished from each other. |

Iain Cariaba
1485
|
Posted - 2015.06.03 15:14:02 -
[2] - Quote
HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:You have to pay attention. Well, look at that. You came up with the solution all on your own.
Good job, you're learning.
/thread
EvE is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
I couldn't have said it better.
Will troll for a t-shirt.
|

Specia1 K
State War Academy Caldari State
83
|
Posted - 2015.06.03 17:01:10 -
[3] - Quote
So what exactly are you proposing? There is already a feedback thread of oceanic tears for the new icons.
This is F & I. |

elitatwo
Eve Minions Poopstain Removal Team
684
|
Posted - 2015.06.03 18:20:17 -
[4] - Quote
This is Features and Ideas, honey.
Issues and complaints go in Issues and Salvation ->
Tired of low and nullsec? Join Eve Minions and experience the beauty of wormholes!
|

HELLBOUNDMAN
Engineering Without Permits
196
|
Posted - 2015.06.05 14:48:32 -
[5] - Quote
elitatwo wrote:This is Features and Ideas, honey.
Issues and complaints go in Issues and Salvation ->
Problem is, I'm suggesting a change in order to suit the issue.
Hence it being in F&I
Lain Cariaba wrote: Well, look at that. You came up with the solution all on your own.
Good job, you're learning.
/thread
I have astigmatism, the fine line under the icons on destroyers and BCs is difficult to make out. So when I say paying attention, I mean leaning in close to my screen, or putting my cursor over the icon until it tells me what type of ship it is.
This puts me at a bit of a disadvantage compared to other players without my astigmatism. |

Lugh Crow-Slave
1121
|
Posted - 2015.06.05 15:10:42 -
[6] - Quote
HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:
I have astigmatism, the fine line under the icons on destroyers and BCs is difficult to make out. So when I say paying attention, I mean leaning in close to my screen, or putting my cursor over the icon until it tells me what type of ship it is.
This puts me at a bit of a disadvantage compared to other players without my astigmatism.
the slightly bigger square was easier?
Fuel block colors? Missiles for Caldari T3? Corp Stasis
|

HELLBOUNDMAN
Engineering Without Permits
196
|
Posted - 2015.06.05 15:20:59 -
[7] - Quote
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:
I have astigmatism, the fine line under the icons on destroyers and BCs is difficult to make out. So when I say paying attention, I mean leaning in close to my screen, or putting my cursor over the icon until it tells me what type of ship it is.
This puts me at a bit of a disadvantage compared to other players without my astigmatism.
the slightly bigger square was easier?
No... but I never said it was. These are the new icons, so while CCP is still working on them, I'd like to put in my suggestion.
The old icons were here when I started and no chance of them being modified. |

Dade Corban
Calamitous-Intent Feign Disorder
0
|
Posted - 2015.06.06 01:15:02 -
[8] - Quote
New over and interface was ****.
There was sufficient feedback from test server to **** can the whole thing.
Was packaged and deployed anyway.
Please revert.
Everything looks like a wreck @ 2500 m/s |

Azarah Aubaris
The Irukandji The Irukandji.
28
|
Posted - 2015.06.06 03:25:02 -
[9] - Quote
there is a post proposing the addition of customizable icons
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=427798&find=unread |

Iain Cariaba
1499
|
Posted - 2015.06.06 16:55:21 -
[10] - Quote
HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:
I have astigmatism, the fine line under the icons on destroyers and BCs is difficult to make out. So when I say paying attention, I mean leaning in close to my screen, or putting my cursor over the icon until it tells me what type of ship it is.
This puts me at a bit of a disadvantage compared to other players without my astigmatism.
the slightly bigger square was easier? No... but I never said it was. These are the new icons, so while CCP is still working on them, I'd like to put in my suggestion. The old icons were here when I started and no chance of them being modified. I, also, have astigmatism. I also play at 90% UI scaling in fixed window mode at 2560x1600 resolution. I've gone though the hassle of experimenting with monitor placement so that, wearing my glasses, I can see and read a good 95% of everything going on in EvE, with the 5% being a few things I need to lean towards the monitor to see. Now, if you have regular astigmatism and still have difficulties, perhaps it's time to get your prescription updated for your glasses. I was having problems a few years ago with my eyesight, specially around computers, and it turned out that my glasses were actually the problem.
Now that I've used the icons in a real fight, I like that I get more information out of them than the old boxes. Thanks Darkness and friends for sacrificing all those capitals just so I could learn how the new icons pack can benefit me. It's nice and easy to tell a frigate from a destroyer, and a cruiser from a battlecruiser. Carriers are now a different icon from dreads, which makes for easy identification in battle.
EvE is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
I couldn't have said it better.
Will troll for a t-shirt.
|

Furionthion
Section 8 Industries
2
|
Posted - 2015.06.07 01:02:11 -
[11] - Quote
What a tool!
Iain Cariaba wrote:HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:You have to pay attention. Well, look at that. You came up with the solution all on your own. Good job, you're learning. /thread
|

Rarnak Ki
Brave Newbies Inc. Brave Collective
24
|
Posted - 2015.06.07 01:34:51 -
[12] - Quote
The problem is mainly being able to quickly differentiate between ships and non-ships. When I jump into a system now I have to look at all the icons and even the types just to figure out if there are ships on the gate or not. That is silly. I now have an overview setting that is just ships and nothing else because it is too difficult to tell the difference.
I like that the icons differentiate between ship classes but they are far too similar to the icons for non-ship objects in space. It should be instantly clear to me whether there are ships on grid or not. The previous square icons did this well. Maybe shade the ship icons? Have them a certain color? Something instantly visible that can be applied to ALL ship icons so as to differentiate them from non-ship icons. |

HELLBOUNDMAN
Engineering Without Permits
210
|
Posted - 2015.06.07 01:50:19 -
[13] - Quote
Iain Cariaba wrote:HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:HELLBOUNDMAN wrote:
I have astigmatism, the fine line under the icons on destroyers and BCs is difficult to make out. So when I say paying attention, I mean leaning in close to my screen, or putting my cursor over the icon until it tells me what type of ship it is.
This puts me at a bit of a disadvantage compared to other players without my astigmatism.
the slightly bigger square was easier? No... but I never said it was. These are the new icons, so while CCP is still working on them, I'd like to put in my suggestion. The old icons were here when I started and no chance of them being modified. I, also, have astigmatism. I also play at 90% UI scaling in fixed window mode at 2560x1600 resolution. I've gone though the hassle of experimenting with monitor placement so that, wearing my glasses, I can see and read a good 95% of everything going on in EvE, with the 5% being a few things I need to lean towards the monitor to see. Now, if you have regular astigmatism and still have difficulties, perhaps it's time to get your prescription updated for your glasses. I was having problems a few years ago with my eyesight, specially around computers, and it turned out that my glasses were actually the problem. Now that I've used the icons in a real fight, I like that I get more information out of them than the old boxes. Thanks Darkness and friends for sacrificing all those capitals just so I could learn how the new icons pack can benefit me. It's nice and easy to tell a frigate from a destroyer, and a cruiser from a battlecruiser. Carriers are now a different icon from dreads, which makes for easy identification in battle.
My specific issue with astigmatism is that letters and/or icon and/or whatever else has a tendency to disappear when they are too close together.
That's probably my biggest issue. The underline on destroyer and BC are too close to the icon, so it blends together. I have to either lean in, or allow my eyes to adjust. |

Aran Hotchkiss
Phoibe Enterprises
87
|
Posted - 2015.06.07 03:37:59 -
[14] - Quote
Specia1 K wrote:So what exactly are you proposing? There is already a feedback thread of oceanic tears for the new icons.
This is F & I.
You saying there's a shittone of tears or that people from Oceania have bad eyesight?
Shamelessly stole this line,
Alternatively, QFT
One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |