| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Shad0wsFury
Habitual Euthanasia Pandemic Legion
38
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 16:57:00 -
[1] - Quote
As an experienced ganker, I would like to put forward that the usual accepted definition of "ganking" is to be 0wned by another player, usually in the form of being blown up (in the case of EVE).
The fundamental principal of being ganked means someone has to be doing the ganking.
Thus, CCP's repeated claims that "WE'VE BEEN GANKED" are a misrepresentation of information that they are in some way experiencing technical difficulties, while implying that they are experiencing such difficulties not as a result of their own ineptitude, but because of some external force acting upon them.
So CCP, stop blaming the boogeyman when you screw up your database or forum code. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Shad0wsFury gank master extraordinaire |

cpu939
OffBeat Creations
6
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:00:00 -
[2] - Quote
Shad0wsFury wrote:As an experienced ganker, I would like to put forward that the usual accepted definition of "ganking" is to be 0wned by another player, usually in the form of being blown up (in the case of EVE).
The fundamental principal of being ganked means someone has to be doing the ganking.
Thus, CCP's repeated claims that "WE'VE BEEN GANKED" are a misrepresentation of information that they are in some way experiencing technical difficulties, while implying that they are experiencing such difficulties not as a result of their own ineptitude, but because of some external force acting upon them.
So CCP, stop blaming the boogeyman when you screw up your database or forum code. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Shad0wsFury gank master extraordinaire
+1 i agree with the change or they could just fix it |

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
231
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:08:00 -
[3] - Quote
I'm sorry but, I cannot agree.
"We were ganked" Should be changed to "We've ganked your post". I can't tell you how many posts I've lost due to this idiotic issue. We want breast augmentations and sluttier clothing in the NeX! |

Satav
Latinum Exports
93
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:08:00 -
[4] - Quote
Really?
You're playing the "politically correct" card?
I'm sry if you're offended, and you feel like the term "We Were Ganked" is a "slur" on you way of eve life.
I'm also sry if you feel like CCP is trying to make light of technical problems and not properly assigning responsibilities....
.....................
But seriously dude, lighten up. It just a gaming term which CCP though was fun and close enough to the idea of losing something unexpectedly that they thought it appropriate.
Yes it's not the exact definition. But really, I'd rather see, "We Were Ganked" than "Sry, We Are Having Techically Difficulties."
It gives it the fitting EvE language.
______________________________________________________________________________
"Your Erebus is docked? How did that happen?" "It took a lot of grease and pushing......." |

Jenshae Chiroptera
227
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:09:00 -
[5] - Quote
It came about from those DOS (Denial of Service) attacks a few months ago. So, CCP were being ganked. Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Satav
Latinum Exports
93
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:09:00 -
[6] - Quote
Mr Kidd wrote:I'm sorry but, I cannot agree.
"We were ganked" Should be changed to "We've ganked your post". I can't tell you how many posts I've lost due to this idiotic issue.
Tip,
Copy your text before you post.......
You can just paste it if there is a problem.
______________________________________________________________________________
"Your Erebus is docked? How did that happen?" "It took a lot of grease and pushing......." |

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
231
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:42:00 -
[7] - Quote
Satav wrote:Mr Kidd wrote:I'm sorry but, I cannot agree.
"We were ganked" Should be changed to "We've ganked your post". I can't tell you how many posts I've lost due to this idiotic issue. Tip, Copy your text before you post....... You can just paste it if there is a problem. ______________________________________________________________________________ "Your Erebus is docked? How did that happen?" "It took a lot of grease and pushing......."
If you applied this kind of logic to your power company then everyone at work would be riding a bike powered generator just in case the power went down to prevent loss of data. Fortunately, we don't have to. And neither should we for the forum. We want breast augmentations and sluttier clothing in the NeX! |

Buruk Utama
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
59
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:51:00 -
[8] - Quote
They should just be honest and say "We have no clue how to program a forum database integration and don't really know what went wrong, try again and hope it goes through by the 7th attempt!" |

Slade Trillgon
T.R.I.A.D
73
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 17:59:00 -
[9] - Quote
I am even closer to believing that it has something to do with forum traffic as its occurance has increased, in what I would call an exponential fashion, since Crucible was launched.
Slade
|

Ziranda Hakuli
Relativity Holding Corp AAA Citizens
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 18:27:00 -
[10] - Quote
WOW!!!!! You guys FAIL to see the poor attempt at humor that CCP is trying to do but instead you blow it all out of proportion.... |

Karadion
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
287
|
Posted - 2011.12.06 20:17:00 -
[11] - Quote
What I find particularly odd is the fact that CCP intentionally breaks the link so you can't hit F5 to reload the page to see the result you want. The go to previous page redirect code is really old school and not well thought out as well. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |