| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Janine Duberge
|
Posted - 2006.12.03 15:00:00 -
[1]
cant connect :(
it always says "checking status" and this is now for hours since the servers went down :(
anyone knows of what to do ? even setting the server and port manually didnt help :(
i just wanna play ... so much to do :(
|

Sepulchura
|
Posted - 2006.12.03 15:03:00 -
[2]
Check that your firewall or anti-virus isnt blocking EVE, if i ever have too re-install or make a copy or EVE, when i try too log in my A-V blocks it by default.
|

Janine Duberge
|
Posted - 2006.12.03 15:11:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Janine Duberge on 03/12/2006 15:12:09 both a-v and firewall are opened for eve on all ports needed to play.
I even set the connection rights manually for direct connect for the files starting with eve ...
still no connection possible =(
even a re-installation didnt work out so far
|

Mantil Arcanov
|
Posted - 2006.12.03 16:15:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Mantil Arcanov on 03/12/2006 16:38:56 I have the same problem here. I also use a firewall but it wasnt a problem this morning so...
EDIT: I did a reboot and now it works. Odd though since I just started my PC 1 hour ago and didnt do anything except check mails and write in word.
|

Janine Duberge
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 12:47:00 -
[5]
still cant log in
firewall and antivirus are both disabled but still only the checking status thingie 
anyone any clues ?
|

Mextor
Slacker Industries Exuro Mortis
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 13:13:00 -
[6]
how long have you left it?
there is a problem with BM's and/or people and place not sure which one it is but they are linked, due to this bug it takes me 10 mins (and no i'm not joking) to log in every time. i'm told it should be fixed in the patch tomorrow, but the nots dont say anything about it Full Stats
|

Janine Duberge
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 16:03:00 -
[7]
firewall and antivirus are off atm to try anything out for conecting
guess i have to clean up my system after this than but i just wanna log in :(
|

Weaselfish
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 18:12:00 -
[8]
I get the same thing, but it only happens between 6pm and 11pm. As that time window happens to coincide with Tiscali's peak service hours, I suspect that they are restricting user access to EVE during peak periods. No other explanation I can think of for eve going down and coming back up with a regularity you could set your watch by, when everything else is working perfectly.
|

kraddog
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 19:44:00 -
[9]
myself and my house mate are on Tiscali and seem to be having the same problem. damn them to hell.
|

Reterick
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 20:07:00 -
[10]
Having the same problem always in the evening, i'll lose my connection and can't get back in, due to its 'checking status'.
Phoned tiscali technical support (if u can call them that) and they said swap your filters and then phone us back!! tried it just in case, but no joy........what a fob-off.
Anyway didnt bother sitting on the phone for another half hour......
|

Yarek Hawkwing
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 20:11:00 -
[11]
Have just spent 40 minutes on the phone talking to an idiot from tiscali who told me it's not their problem and they had never heard of this before. They suggested I speak to a PC world engineer! Classic piece of advice.
All I can suggest is that everyone phones them and shouts at them until they get the message.
|

Timothy Burgess
Shadow Of The Light Vertigo Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 20:21:00 -
[12]
Who in their right mind would suggest taking the advice of the PC World staff?! (I'm also a Tiscali user )
|

migwar
Lawless Industries
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 20:38:00 -
[13]
same issue here, i posted about a week ago and i have had no help at all from tiscali,
They confirm im not on there FUP agreement but it appears that they throttle gaming ports at peak time,
Ive asked for MAC because their helpdesk is shocking
|

Avataris
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 20:54:00 -
[14]
I'm a Tiscali customer too.. my connection drops like magic every evening at around 20:30.. I am then unable to connect until somewhere between 21:00 and 22:00.
Tiscali sent me this in response to my email complaining about it: Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.
After reading your e-mail, I understand that you are experiencing frequent disconnections while playing online games in the evening.
First of all, I would like to regret for the fact that the service is not meeting your expectations. To resolve the issue, I would suggest checking the cable setup of your computer. To check the setup, please visit the Web site given below:
NOTICE: while playing online games in the evening (cause that's when computers usually get setup problems?)
Followed just recently by this:
We have not heard from you concerning your request for support in the 72 hours since we sent you a response. Consequently, we have changed the status of your question to SOLVED.
Ofcourse.. why didn't I think of solving problems that way?
|

chris xxl
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 21:09:00 -
[15]
this known problem with tiscali explains my problem. time to change isp i think!!!
|

migwar
Lawless Industries
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 21:46:00 -
[16]
im running ping plotter now, and im getting to 87.237.38.200 ok but still stuck at status unknown
|

Bursty
Solar Storm Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 21:55:00 -
[17]
I am Also A tiscali user (8MB), I also am stuck on checking status. I can also reach the eden that is 87.237.38.200 with no problems on tracert, but still am stuck on checking status. I have been on Tiscali for about 2 months now, and this is the first time I have never been able to log on at peak times (I always play, every night, about 20.00 till 23.00ish.),
Annoying to say the least, I had to call up friends, to log in my account and change skills. (They obviously log in immediately with no probs, grrrr)
|

Leones Belgarion
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 21:59:00 -
[18]
I am also stuck on the "checking status" part of logging in, and I've been unable to log on for about 3 hours. I have also noticed that this only happens bewteen 1800 - 2200 hours.
IS this a CCP derived issue? Or is this due to my ISP? I am currently using Toucansurf.
|

Jovienus
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 22:16:00 -
[19]
I'm also a Tiscali user, I am ALSO have problems connecting to EVE in the evenings... HOWEVER... I tried all sunday to login to EVE and failed each time over the course of 8 hours. I started at 2pm and finally got in at 10pm... I also noticed a lot of people drop out of EVE around this time.
Perhaps the number of people in EVE is stop some other people logging in.
I highly doubt its my ISP, I know they throttle the line BUT I have had NO trouble with any other game and I play a lot of intensive MMOs and such.
These include;
Planetside, World of Warcrap (oops), Neverwinter Nights, Second Life, Battlefield 2142 and EVE and EVE is the only one I'm having problems with.
I have sent 2 petitions to EVE now one explaining the problem to which I get a mass reply and no other help and the second saying since I'm a resubscriber who only rejoined on saturday and have yet really been able to play the game, I consider the this a lack of service and I ask politely for cancellation of all and any charges followed by suspension of my account till after they have solved the problem(s).
I explained I'm doing this to save myself from being unfairly treated by paying for something I can't really use. I consider this a very fair statement and request.
|

Cabbs Babbage
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 22:31:00 -
[20]
I am a tiscali user. as of 22:25-30 i can detect the server, and begin to log in.
and then...
ACQUIRING BULK DATA
D:
|

chris xxl
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 22:32:00 -
[21]
been on checking status or status unknown for 2 hours now. on pingplotter getting an average round trip of 31 m/s to 87.237.38.200 (eve server i believe) so the question remains;
WHY CANT WE LOG IN?
|

Timothy Burgess
Shadow Of The Light Vertigo Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.12.04 22:36:00 -
[22]
Yay! Now it appears to be about to let me in 
|

migwar
Lawless Industries
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 09:28:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Cabbs Babbage
I am a tiscali user. as of 22:25-30 i can detect the server, and begin to log in.
and then...
ACQUIRING BULK DATA
D:
That was pretty muchthe exact time i was allowed to login too |

Cs3Sl2
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 12:45:00 -
[24]
I cant get my head around why this doesn't work is it a memory thing sometimes i cant log in i start to turn off background processes and eventually it starts up and its not the same process's that im turning off to get it to work i also cleared out my cache folder changed the audio=pickle.... to audio=0. and it appears to be working occasionally
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |