| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Soulita
Gallente Inner Core
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 08:51:00 -
[31]
/singed
The suns were true beauty. A pleasure to visit for a chill from time to time. I hope CCP puts these great sun FX back in.
|

JoCool
Caldari Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 08:51:00 -
[32]
It might be about the big graphics update that will come soon. It will simulate how light bends around objects such as planets, moons, etc.
A part of the code is already in Eve, hence we've lost our beautiful sun. Still, I would love to keep the old sun too. CCP might be able to do it with lod. _______________________________________________________________________ Trey Azagthoth > Youre my idol Jocool. I wanna be like Jocool jr. or Jocool the sequel! Oveur > ohnoes jocool |

Splagada
Minmatar Tides of Silence
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 09:01:00 -
[33]
i tried to brag with eve, showing a friend LOOK that's the SUN, warping to show him this huge ball of flames and bursting hell
and well all i got was a damn directX lens flare =/ ------
relaxed corp looking for members |

lee kemp
Thundercats RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 09:10:00 -
[34]
The sun effect was wicked.
Nerf deadspace lighting, damm its soo bright, and ugly
Bring back our sun 
|

JA RULER
Caldari Hunters Agency Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 09:35:00 -
[35]
Aye the suns was somthing to marval at. I wish they do bring them back. on another note i noticed planets look worse also. i see some of them with patches and not as they should be. i think they have added th eextra dots we see in space around us at the cost of alot more. would be good to have this reversed. dots are nothing. but suns and planets is what this cames 10% about. without them then well its not eve anymore.
|

Wild Rho
Amarr Black Omega Security
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 09:37:00 -
[36]
I just wish it had some real scale. You warp to it and have this collosal ball of fire covering most of the screen. It's always been a little wierd that as you warp to it, it seems to shrink down to somthing the size of a moon.
I have the body of a supermodel. I just can't remember where I left it.
|

Nhoj Sllew
Amarr Interstellar eXodus R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 09:49:00 -
[37]
they prolly made it smaller so that when you were near it you could actually click in space and have more options than to approach the sun.
i will miss them though
|

Grayson Karlyle
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 10:08:00 -
[38]
Bring back those beautifull suns!
/signed
|

Vasiliyan
PAX Interstellar Services Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 10:14:00 -
[39]
Give us back the sun!
|

Piccolo Lupo
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 10:19:00 -
[40]
/signed Yeah, is kind of sad removing something like that, especially as Ive never had the sun lag me at all (surely its just a nice graphical effect?)
|

Oedus Caro
Caldari Caldari Deep Space Ventures
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 10:31:00 -
[41]
Do please bring it back...
Maybe it was accidentally "nerfed" - like the warp sound was with Dragon deployment?
|
|

Redundancy

|
Posted - 2006.12.05 10:35:00 -
[42]
I actually didn't know that this had happened, but I suppose it's not so surprising that it's been broken (along with so many other things) by the seamless map. All of the evil inflicted by that feature is on our list of stuff that needs fixing.
|
|

Soulita
Gallente Inner Core
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 11:20:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Redundancy I actually didn't know that this had happened, but I suppose it's not so surprising that it's been broken (along with so many other things) by the seamless map. All of the evil inflicted by that feature is on our list of stuff that needs fixing.
Our suns will be back! 
Thanks for responding to this one, Redundancy!
|

James Potkukelkka
BGG Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 11:39:00 -
[44]
oo, thats good news \o/
While at it, could you also remove or make optional the silly swirling the map does every time you close it?
|

The Snowman
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 12:29:00 -
[45]
well if it was causing lag or low fps problems, then.. well I would much rather a smoother gaming experience for the sake of a nice effect.
In anycase, when they upgrade the graphics im sure alot of things will improve.
<------------> Poker RPG 60 jumps 'Flop' by.. |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 12:36:00 -
[46]
Originally by: The Snowman well if it was causing lag or low fps problems, then.. well I would much rather a smoother gaming experience for the sake of a nice effect.
In anycase, when they upgrade the graphics im sure alot of things will improve.
Our mileage varies on this topic. I prefer beauty to FPS in this case.
The sun didn't really eat into the FPS, nor did they interfere with any controls. The deadspace and mission clouds and debris are a different story. --*=*=*--
The cause for this is not yet known, but we do have a possible fix in testing. by Sharkbait | 2006.09.20 |

Crumplecorn
Gallente Aerial Boundaries Inc. Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 12:40:00 -
[47]
I liked sitting at planets near the sun and seeing the fiery effects you normally only see when you warp to it from a distance.
Suns need a fix anyway, they should look like stars* when you are any significant distance away.....
*Yes I know they are stars, I mean they should look like all the other stars ----------
IBTL \o/ EVE is upside down! WTZ+Slower Warp=Win |

Roy Batty68
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 12:44:00 -
[48]
I think what has happened is the Warp To point has simply been extended waaaaaay further out then it was before. I've been playing around with the new probes, hunting down abandoned ships so that I might... rearrange their ownership.
Anyway, I've found that there are quite a few ships just sitting near suns but there is no way to get to them now. I have gotten very good scan resolution on some, to the point where I could warp to them within a few kilometers, but when I do I get bounced. As in, I warp in and then am punted back out as if I'd warped into the middle of a station with a BS or something.
So I think the sun graphics is perhaps just symptomatic of this in that you can no longer get as close to suns as you could before. And it raises some other points like; how do people who parked ships near suns pick them up again? (or how do I do my Gone in 60 routine on them?)

Originally by: Big Al
Well, if there was a law against stupidity, the server would certainly lag less.
|

Ulair Memmet
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 13:22:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Redundancy I actually didn't know that this had happened, but I suppose it's not so surprising that it's been broken (along with so many other things) by the seamless map. All of the evil inflicted by that feature is on our list of stuff that needs fixing.
Thank you for responding 
|

Lady Loom
Red Mercury Industries
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:54:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Redundancy I actually didn't know that this had happened, but I suppose it's not so surprising that it's been broken (along with so many other things) by the seamless map. All of the evil inflicted by that feature is on our list of stuff that needs fixing.
good news indeed - thank you Sir
[power corrupts, absolute power is kind of neat] |

Harisdrop
Gallente ClanKillers Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:59:00 -
[51]
Have you guys noticed that mining lasers bleed thru the map also.
I can imagine what the suns graphic did. hehehehe
I say dont worry about the sun. You dont have two anyway why worry about it. Its like the fly thru the planet and moon thing. Or lasers shooting thru other ships to get to the target. We never see hybrid ammo do we. ------------------------------------- If shares where items the stock market would occur in EVE instantly. Starbase Charters Gallente |

Baron Logoffski
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:02:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Redundancy I actually didn't know that this had happened, but I suppose it's not so surprising that it's been broken (along with so many other things) by the seamless map. All of the evil inflicted by that feature is on our list of stuff that needs fixing.
And I quote "Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here, Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, And I say it's all right" - The Beetles
There is no life without the stars, bring them back please.
|

Troy Knight
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:07:00 -
[53]
When did this happen? After todays patch? Because after Revelations was released I visited a star and it was still strong in its glory...
|

Mondo Banana
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:00:00 -
[54]
That stupid seamless map is useless. It is ugly, buggy, not in any way "seamless", slow, and a huge step backward in usability. Considering how good the old map was this is actually comical as improvements go.
But I expect CCP to cling to it to their last breath, so I will stop complaining about it.
|

SamuelAdams
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:04:00 -
[55]
Yea, that new map stinkzz. Way too slow, and the jump trail is gone for the autopilot. 
|

Hockston Axe
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.12.06 20:55:00 -
[56]
Originally by: lee kemp The sun effect was wicked.
Nerf deadspace lighting, damm its soo bright, and ugly
Bring back our sun 
Yeah, I always end up spending time trying to find some dark area to align my screen to so I can actually see the green on active mods and read the overview and targets.
The Minnies won't need their shades if the suns aren't nice and bright!
|

Ulair Memmet
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 08:01:00 -
[57]
Nah the new map is great...Bugged, but great. If you dont like the seemless feature turn it off.
Back to topic, will the sun be fixed in the next patch? I dont see it in the Known Issues...
------------------------ I never used Ctrl + Q and im PROUD OF IT |

Soulita
Gallente Inner Core
|
Posted - 2007.03.09 10:42:00 -
[58]
The sun is still not fixed, Redundancy you guys working on it?
|

Adunh Slavy
Ammatar Trade Syndicate
|
Posted - 2007.03.09 10:51:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Roy Batty68 I think what has happened is the Warp To point has simply been extended waaaaaay further out then it was before. I've been playing around with the new probes, hunting down abandoned ships so that I might... rearrange their ownership.
Anyway, I've found that there are quite a few ships just sitting near suns but there is no way to get to them now. 
This is exactly what happened. I had a few SS near stars, I can warp to them but am pushed out at amazing speeds now, same with those ships that are near stars from pre-kali. You just can't get as close so the stars look different. -AS |

Culmen
Caldari Gekidoku Koroshiya Buntai
|
Posted - 2007.03.09 11:01:00 -
[60]
I spent hours flying a ceptor AFK into a sun i wound up with a kick ass safe spot deep into the sun's corona it was ridiculously cool
now i warp to that same safe and only see a tiny bright thing, that might as well be at the standard warp in point
CCP un-nerf my sun spot
_____________________________________________________
Why do i even need a sig? |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |