| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s) |

Ghoest
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:15:00 -
[31]
It might not be dying but its getting lame.
Wherever you went - here you are.
|

Kerc Kasha
Caldari Tsunami Syndicate Black Flag Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:16:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Mollyanna
Originally by: Merin Ryskin Solution: DEFEND YOURSELF.
I did, that little "cancel account" button is the only real defense against the rampant griefing and harrassment that CCP supports while pretending they don't.
Why pay to be endlessly victimized ?
-M
Uh where do they say they don't encourage griefing? They encourage it fully with scams etc, why do you think this is going to be any different?
|

James Duar
Merch Industrial
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:23:00 -
[33]
EVE has been dying since people have been able to post on it's forums apparently.
|

Mollyanna
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:36:00 -
[34]
Read the box the ware came in. Read the FAQ.
Where does it say you will be constantly and consistantly ore-jacked, harrassed, mission-griefed, suicide-ganked, and bagged by exploiters from the minute you undock from a station ?
Compare WHAT IT SAYS, with the realities, and then come back and try to explain to me why I shouldn't be annoyed ?
I think it's somewhat ironic, just how badly much of the customer base wants an empty, barren world they'll not be able to financially support.
Not my problem anymore, really.
-M |

Merin Ryskin
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:45:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Mollyanna Read the box the ware came in. Read the FAQ.
Where does it say you will be constantly and consistantly ore-jacked, harrassed, mission-griefed, suicide-ganked, and bagged by exploiters from the minute you undock from a station ?
Compare WHAT IT SAYS, with the realities, and then come back and try to explain to me why I shouldn't be annoyed ?
I think it's somewhat ironic, just how badly much of the customer base wants an empty, barren world they'll not be able to financially support.
Not my problem anymore, really.
-M
Solution: DEFEND YOURSELF. Mine with secure cans. Learn how to pvp. Don't fly expensive cargo in a paper-thin industrial. But stop whining on the forums because CCP doesn't do your work for you.
Or maybe you could just shoot back? There are more options besides "passively accept all attacks" and "OMG CCP BAN GRIEFERS!!!!!!!!!!".
|

Lord Frost
Minmatar The Crystal Method
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:52:00 -
[36]
Eve is dying?... yet a new record was set last week. Maybe it was new patch hype, but Eve is most certainly not dying. People are adapting, tactics are changing, devs are monitoring and altering. Its just the typical patch after shocks. I cancelled one account, but not due to the new patch... it was due to the t1 to t2 upgrade that screwed many over... CCP doesn't deserve to have my 2nd account after it lied and misled thousands. However, I've been here since the first week Eve hit the market. There have been ups and downs... but there are always piewats and carebears... you can't escape the griefer. They are simply a lazy pathetic piewat. Its laughable to me to see the tactics they use... to you they grief, to me they are comedy relief. They have no will to be anything productive in their life. They're about as talented as a rock.
What's my point? Feck it.
|

Mollyanna
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 04:55:00 -
[37]
Solution - QUIT.
I paid real life money for a certain game experience promised me by CCP.. CCP not only failed to deliver on that promise, but never had any intention to, as the realities of the game itself prevent it.
Why should I go on paying/playing, if the game I recieved wasn't the one I paid for ?
You missed the point entire, EVE is what it is, but using bait and switch tactics to sell it is reprehensible.
-M |

Mollyanna
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 05:03:00 -
[38]
Oh, yeah.
Where am I going to get the ISK for those secure cans ? Should I just sit in station and pay to stare at the walls till I have enough SP to fly a T2 transport ? Why should I NEED a T2 transport to move PLAGIOCLASE in 0.8 ? And where am I going to get the ISK in the meantime to buy one, to buy the skillbooks ?
If you don't bring the ore HOME, all you've done is wasted your time.
What am I going to do, engage that grinning 30million SP char in a megathron sitting on top of my ore he's swapped to his own can while his alt comes to collect it... in a Burst, with mining lasers ?
So either be a victim of ore-jacking, or be a killmail ? Sorry. I ain't payin $15 a month to be abused in such a fashion.
Go abuse each other.
-M |

Sally
Caldari R.u.S.H. Red Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 05:13:00 -
[39]
Ok, recent changes to probing had of course ruined low-sec agent running (and, to much lesser extent, high-sec rinning) , but other than that nothing had changed in the last 2 years. So, i wouldnt bet what EVE is somehow "dying". Btw, probing agent runners will be adressed in next patch. But even if it fails, most agent runners can still fall back to high-sec mission running. -- Stories: #1 --
|

James Copper
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 05:27:00 -
[40]
Ok, now where are folks getting such a hard time? I've been here 6 months or more, had my ore stolen once by someone so pathetic it was laughable, and generally made out fine using just a bit of caution. I've lost one ship to pvp and many more to disconnects and playing too late and falling asleep. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but it is more fun than anything else I've tried. If I want to win everytime I'll play a single player game where things never change. If I want a dynamic playground where I can never control everything and can find surprises, I'll play MMOs. And for now, EVE suits me best. Its not for everyone, and there is no problem if you go to something else... even your complaints are fair game, just don't expect everyone to have the same view. Actually, its the ones who are staying who need to speak out.. otherwise, its just grousing to me! ::my opinion only::
I would love some mysteries, some odd sightings and some reasons to get out of Empire more often. Maybe I'll see em someday, maybe I won't, but I do give the CCP crowd my thanks for their hard work, the results are as amazing as they are occasionally frustrating, and my hat off to em. Now, lets see, if I can salvage 5000 more wrecks, I can...  Patience is required, but our day will come... |
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.12.08 05:30:00 -
[41]
I've seen these types of threads ever since EVE was released, although the frequency for them dropped, it always strikes me as funny how EVE is dying while subscription and PCU numbers keep rising. 
I think it is entirely possible to post a thread and get your thoughts across without being a doomsday prophet. 
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

Thor Xian
Vertigo One E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:03:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Wrangler I've seen these types of threads ever since EVE was released, although the frequency for them dropped, it always strikes me as funny how EVE is dying while subscription and PCU numbers keep rising. 
I think it is entirely possible to post a thread and get your thoughts across without being a doomsday prophet. 
Didn't UO's sub numbers increase after Trammel? One could argue that Trammel killed UO.
In any case, I'm not here to be on topic.
OP: Can I have your corpse?
~Thor Xian, Chief Administrator
"For all your Material Needs, Vertigo One."
Corp/Alliance Services |

DiuxDium
The Graduates
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:09:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Thor Xian
Originally by: Wrangler I've seen these types of threads ever since EVE was released, although the frequency for them dropped, it always strikes me as funny how EVE is dying while subscription and PCU numbers keep rising. 
I think it is entirely possible to post a thread and get your thoughts across without being a doomsday prophet. 
Didn't UO's sub numbers increase after Trammel? One could argue that Trammel killed UO.
In any case, I'm not here to be on topic.
OP: Can I have your corpse?
One could also argue UO sucked long before Trammel's Release. Unlike EvE  Timeout! Party time. |

Alucard Draconis
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:28:00 -
[44]
Edited by: Alucard Draconis on 08/12/2006 06:28:41 You know, I woulda sworn I saw a post like this once I joined eve about a year ago... 
Originally by: James Duar EVE has been dying since people have been able to post on it's forums apparently.
Best QUote Ever. 
|

Maximillian Pele
Caldari Jewel Enterprises
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:31:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Wrangler I've seen these types of threads ever since EVE was released, although the frequency for them dropped, it always strikes me as funny how EVE is dying while subscription and PCU numbers keep rising. 
I think it is entirely possible to post a thread and get your thoughts across without being a doomsday prophet. 
As long as CCP quickly identifies and fixes game breaking changes and unintended screw ups all will be well.
Though I do have this vision of tuxford begging on the street with a sign "Can't balance, please give".
In times of doubt I ask myself "What would BoB do?", and then do the opposite. |

Cadiz
Caldari No Quarter.
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:39:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Cadiz on 08/12/2006 06:39:32
Originally by: Jimmy Dolittle This game has always promoted its PVP aspect, and the intriguing thing is that there were genuine material risks with PVP. Loose and you loose the results of many hours of game play. People liked that.
However to sustain your PVP youÆve got to do something to make isk. The two primary methods have been agent running and mining. (yes trading and building are viable too but they rely upon the mining and agent running).
Y'know, maybe I'm just biased because I've spent almost all of my EVE career out in 0.0, but, uh, almost everybody I know makes their money via belt ratting or module reselling...not agent running or mining. One could argue that both of these have got some love thanks to Revelations, as salvaging gives you extra loots to pry off rat corpses and the post-patch buying frenzy of this-and-that has made for some incredible opportunities for reselling profit. Several corpmates of mine made billions of isk on patch night just from buying large warp bubble BPOs in one place and then reselling them in another at a markup...hell, I made a few hundred million myself. 
So I suppose the real moral of the story here is get thee the hell out to 0.0 if you want the monies, which is more accessible than ever thanks to the magic of warp-to-0. It's as profitable as ever out here. ------ Quartermaster, No Quarter "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the judicious application of violence." |

Merchantigus
Minmatar Riot Zone
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:43:00 -
[47]
"Teh SKI IS FAULINgz AND I KHANT READ Teh FRONZNT PAGe3?!!!1?!"
"When still up after 30 hours you are type this good you will not mmhmhmmhmmm." |

Merin Ryskin
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:50:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Mollyanna Where am I going to get the ISK for those secure cans ?
Hm, I wonder how... fly back to station once your cargo is full? Using cans for mining isn't essential, it just increases your profits. If you don't want the risk it involves, DON'T DO IT. CCP isn't going to change the rules to satisfy your greed and fear.
Quote: Why should I NEED a T2 transport to move PLAGIOCLASE in 0.8 ? And where am I going to get the ISK in the meantime to buy one, to buy the skillbooks ?
Who's going to bother suicide-ganking you for such worthless cargo? I've NEVER been suicide ganked, in over 6 months of EVE. It's not really all that common, and usually involves someone trying to carry hundreds of million ISK worth of cargo in a paper-thin 700k ISK ship.
Quote: What am I going to do, engage that grinning 30million SP char in a megathron sitting on top of my ore he's swapped to his own can while his alt comes to collect it... in a Burst, with mining lasers ?
DON'T USE JETCANS.
Use secure cans.
Fly home when your cargo is full and drop it off without a can.
Use a hauler alt or friend to collect the ore as you mine it.
You have options. It's not CCP's fault you're too greedy or lazy to take advantage of them.
|

Zelakil
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:55:00 -
[49]
Ummm...ok, so go play WoW then and pick your server.
The beauty of EVE is that it allows players to control entire regions of the game. For example, I have no problem mining in 0.0 or ratting in 0.0 due to the fact that my corp and alliance control the territory. Eve is not a game for wimps. I do very, very little PVP, and yet I seem to survive. Being financially successful in this game has its costs, true, but CCP has provided a player-environment interaction that is unparalled. Play the game for what it is. If Eve was dying the fan base would not be growing. If you want WoW-like experience, play something else.
I do understand that it is absolutely devestating when you lose your first ship to some .4 belt pirate that has nothing better to do. However, you pick up, rebuild, and move on. If you don't like it, provide constructive criticism or just quit.
"Eve is dying" is not constructive nor does you post provide any helpful insight for the devs as to how gameplay might be improved. Basically you are asking for a handout. Stop it. Please.
"This game has always promoted its PVP aspect, and the intriguing thing is that there were genuine material risks with PVP. Loose and you loose the results of many hours of game play. People liked that. "...ummm, people still do...
"There is now NO safe haven to build the resources to support PvP. "...try a 0.0 corp...
"new pirate convert here, with the specific mission to drive people out of this game."...oh, yeah but you're still playing to the extent you want people to buy your stuff
WHAT A WASTE OF A THREAD...I'll show you PVP if I ever catch you online
|

George Petsch
Caldari Thundercats RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:56:00 -
[50]
EVE is dying, Jimmy? Maybe it's just you who's dying, and now you're ****ed about it. |

Merchantigus
Minmatar Riot Zone
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:56:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Merchantigus on 08/12/2006 06:57:06
Originally by: Merin Ryskin
Originally by: Mollyanna Where am I going to get the ISK for those secure cans ?
Hm, I wonder how... fly back to station once your cargo is full? Using cans for mining isn't essential, it just increases your profits. If you don't want the risk it involves, DON'T DO IT. CCP isn't going to change the rules to satisfy your greed and fear.
Quote: Why should I NEED a T2 transport to move PLAGIOCLASE in 0.8 ? And where am I going to get the ISK in the meantime to buy one, to buy the skillbooks ?
Who's going to bother suicide-ganking you for such worthless cargo? I've NEVER been suicide ganked, in over 6 months of EVE. It's not really all that common, and usually involves someone trying to carry hundreds of million ISK worth of cargo in a paper-thin 700k ISK ship.
Quote: What am I going to do, engage that grinning 30million SP char in a megathron sitting on top of my ore he's swapped to his own can while his alt comes to collect it... in a Burst, with mining lasers ?
DON'T USE JETCANS.
Use secure cans.
Fly home when your cargo is full and drop it off without a can.
Use a hauler alt or friend to collect the ore as you mine it.
You have options. It's not CCP's fault you're too greedy or lazy to take advantage of them.
but but but Teh ski is fauling >:( people take ore out of my jetcans because i'm to cheap to buy secure ones and i get ganked mining in .0 with no friends and cans all over..tjord!
"EVE is dying, Jimmy? Maybe it's just you who's dying, and now you're ****ed about it."
lol quote of the month
"When still up after 30 hours you are type this good you will not mmhmhmmhmmm." |

Zelakil
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:57:00 -
[52]
"Solution - QUIT.
I paid real life money for a certain game experience promised me by CCP.. CCP not only failed to deliver on that promise, but never had any intention to, as the realities of the game itself prevent it.
Why should I go on paying/playing, if the game I recieved wasn't the one I paid for ?
You missed the point entire, EVE is what it is, but using bait and switch tactics to sell it is reprehensible.
-M"
Take it up with CCP not player forums where you waste everyones time. How 'bout research a game before you buy it? You can do that at www.eve-online.com
|

Fuujin
Hadean Drive Yards
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 06:59:00 -
[53]
Here we go with the cardinal sins of undelivered promises. You can cancel your account over there
<-------
Hadean Drive Yards Tier 2 BC Pricing |

SonOTassadar
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc. Brutally Clever Empire
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:02:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Wrangler I've seen these types of threads ever since EVE was released, although the frequency for them dropped, it always strikes me as funny how EVE is dying while subscription and PCU numbers keep rising. 
I think it is entirely possible to post a thread and get your thoughts across without being a doomsday prophet. 
And what's our current subscription count? The last number I saw was 144,000 I think. Where's it at now? ----- Griffin -- 100,000 ISK ECM - Multispectral Jammer Is -- 20,000 ISK Standar Missile Launcher Is -- 10,000 ISK War target sobbing over losing a fight in his T2 fitted Battleship -- priceless |

Merchantigus
Minmatar Riot Zone
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:04:00 -
[55]
Edited by: Merchantigus on 08/12/2006 07:04:20
Originally by: SonOTassadar
Originally by: Wrangler I've seen these types of threads ever since EVE was released, although the frequency for them dropped, it always strikes me as funny how EVE is dying while subscription and PCU numbers keep rising. 
I think it is entirely possible to post a thread and get your thoughts across without being a doomsday prophet. 
And what's our current subscription count? The last number I saw was 144,000 I think. Where's it at now?
i'm not sure i keep hearing 200k but i can tell you i've never seen so many people in the noob corps ;)
*edit*
and that 140 number was at the fan fest which was very recent.
"When still up after 30 hours you are type this good you will not mmhmhmmhmmm." |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:07:00 -
[56]
PvP avoided by choice... right. Next time you see a bankrobber who wants to mug you, tell him you dont have the pvp flag on....
Games like these are more fun, more realistic and more exciting when there isnt tons of rules what people can and cannot do. Eve is a sandbox and players are mostly limited by their imagination. What would you do if there no longer were any police to protect you? Just lay down and die?
Challenges make you develop as a person, whining and quitting does not.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Serpensis
Gallente UK Corp Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:13:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Gonada once a month i see a post, by an alt, too afreaid of posting with his main, for some odd reason, that eve is dying.
and once a month, I like to say " can I have your stuff?"

Well, you are/have been an orethief operating around Jita, so I would expect an answer like this from you. However, the op has a point. No need to mine anymore, as everyone is trading in GTCs and buying minerals from the macroers, so mining is dead too. -- "Fear accompanies the possibility of death, calm sheperds its certainty." |

Merchantigus
Minmatar Riot Zone
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:15:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Challenges make you develop as a person, whining and quitting does not.
either way if they stop whining we win XD
"When still up after 30 hours you are type this good you will not mmhmhmmhmmm." |

Airrek
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:22:00 -
[59]
Edited by: Airrek on 08/12/2006 07:22:45 LOL. This looks like a case of Pre-NGE in SWG to me. Constant whining from people who can't play the game, wanting something handed to them. They all whined and complained so much that they got what they wanted...the NGE. Then what? They left and said that they wanted their old game back. Of course SOE and LA had a big part in this, but the constant *****ing helped.
Not saying that anything like that would ever happen here. The devs here are smart, lol. Just saying it looks a lot like the forum *****ing I've seen on SWG. |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2006.12.08 07:23:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Airrek LOL. This looks like a case of Pre-NGE in SWG to me. Constant whining from people who can't play the game, wanting something handed to them. They all whined and complained so much that they got what they wanted...the NGE. Then what? They left and said that they wanted their old game back. Of course SOE and LA had a big part in this, but the constant *****ing helped.
Not saying that anything like that would ever happen here. The devs are smart, lol. Just saying it looks a lot like the forum *****ing I've seen on SWG.
Thats the thing. Players dont know what they want, but they think they do. Including me.  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |