| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Saint Bubba
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 12:21:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Saint Bubba on 11/12/2006 12:29:28 Well I am planning to run lvl 3 missions with my cyclone. Any suggestions for a set up please?
I am bad at set ups and appreciate all help :)
I am currently using:
High slots: 5 * 720mm gallium I cannon 3 * Heavy missile launcher I
Med slots: 1 * Medium clarity ward booster I 1 * Shield boost amplifier I 3 * Barton reactor capacitor recharger I
Low slots.
3 * Power diagnostic system I (Needed for powergrid) 1 * Gyrostabiliser I
I may get alot of it to tech 2 since im training my skills up to do that now :)
Would this have a chance at level 4 missions? Or is battle ship a must?
any suggestions and inputs are kindly appreciated :P
|

mr passie
Minmatar Purgatorial Janitors Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 13:34:00 -
[2]
Edited by: mr passie on 11/12/2006 13:34:46 I'm not really a cyclone specialist (actually can't remember the time I flew one) but I'd change the mids: 1 x l sb 1 x large extender 3 x specific hardeners
looking at your setup you might need to change some other stuff to fit. maybe some assault launchers instead of heavies if u can't fit it all, they are nice for taking down the frigs while the artillery takes care of the cruisers and battlecruisters.
 I'm a reversed paranoid schizophrenic. I have voices in my head I just think I don't hear them! |

Saint Bubba
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 14:10:00 -
[3]
What 'l sb'?
|

Wilfan Ret'nub
Singularity.
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 14:22:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Saint Bubba I am currently using:
1. Replace Cap Rechargers with active hardeners according to rat damage. 2. Train Enigneering and Advanced Weapons Upgrades and replace 1-2 PDUs with Gyros. 3. If fitting is a problem, replace heavy launchers with (light) assault launchers. Missiles should be used mostly for frig splatting, as arties can't track them when they orbit you. 4. Consider Hurricane if you already have good armor skills.
Originally by: Saint Bubba Would this have a chance at level 4 missions?
No. ------ No ISK, no fun |

Wilfan Ret'nub
Singularity.
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 14:23:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Saint Bubba What 'l sb'?
Large Shield Booster. Set it to manual repeat, as you can't run it permanently. But you most likely can't fit it with your fitting skills. ------ No ISK, no fun |

Trracer
Foundation R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 14:25:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Saint Bubba Edited by: Saint Bubba on 11/12/2006 12:29:28 Well I am planning to run lvl 3 missions with my cyclone. Any suggestions for a set up please?
I am bad at set ups and appreciate all help :)
I am currently using:
High slots: 5 * 720mm gallium I cannon 3 * Heavy missile launcher I
Med slots: 1 * Medium clarity ward booster I 1 * Shield boost amplifier I 3 * Barton reactor capacitor recharger I
Low slots.
3 * Power diagnostic system I (Needed for powergrid) 1 * Gyrostabiliser I
I may get alot of it to tech 2 since im training my skills up to do that now :)
Would this have a chance at level 4 missions? Or is battle ship a must?
any suggestions and inputs are kindly appreciated :P
I would recommend: 5x 720s, 3x heavy launchers 1x medium shield booster II, cap recharger, 3x hardeners 4x Power diagnostic
Namned/tech2 if you have/can use. Hardeners, drones and ammo according to mission/rats.
Can tank triple 0.0 BS spawns and any level 3 missions.
Welcome to Caldari online! |

Saint Bubba
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 17:14:00 -
[7]
Thanks for all help so far, can anyone provide me with a site to see what kind of rats are in what areas? Since I know damage types but not areas :(
Keep help coming :)
|

Caedicus
Minmatar Einherjar Rising Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.12.11 17:25:00 -
[8]
This is my cyclone set up:
High: 5x720mm Scouts 3xtractor beams/standard missile launchers/salvagers
medium: Shield Booster II 2xShield Hardners Large Shield Extender Afterburner II
Low: 4xGyrostabilizer II
This setup requires engineering 5 and weapon upgrades 4, which doesn't take too long to get. The main concept for this setup is speed. The 4 gyros will give you a huge DPS, and you can put tractor beams in your missile hardpoint slots to make cleaning up the loot a fast process. There is a few missions that might require a warp out, but you will be making up the loss time with your DPS. Evolution in Eve:
|

Saint Bubba
|
Posted - 2006.12.12 13:44:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Caedicus This is my cyclone set up:
High: 5x720mm Scouts 3xtractor beams/standard missile launchers/salvagers
medium: Shield Booster II 2xShield Hardners Large Shield Extender Afterburner II
Low: 4xGyrostabilizer II
This setup requires engineering 5 and weapon upgrades 4, which doesn't take too long to get. The main concept for this setup is speed. The 4 gyros will give you a huge DPS, and you can put tractor beams in your missile hardpoint slots to make cleaning up the loot a fast process. There is a few missions that might require a warp out, but you will be making up the loss time with your DPS.
If all that can fit on the ship (powergrid restraints) Then it seems awesome.
I will try it out when I get those skills :) (about a week longer)
Thanks for all help so far. All suggestions helpful :)
|

Razean
Minmatar Agony Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.12.12 14:59:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Caedicus This is my cyclone set up:
High: 5x720mm Scouts 3xtractor beams/standard missile launchers/salvagers
medium: Shield Booster II 2xShield Hardners Large Shield Extender Afterburner II
Low: 4xGyrostabilizer II
This setup requires engineering 5 and weapon upgrades 4, which doesn't take too long to get. The main concept for this setup is speed. The 4 gyros will give you a huge DPS, and you can put tractor beams in your missile hardpoint slots to make cleaning up the loot a fast process. There is a few missions that might require a warp out, but you will be making up the loss time with your DPS.
Unless you have no missile skills at all, drop to 650 scouts with 3 assault launchers (even with mediocre missile skills), and you'll do more dps with just 3 gyros, and have an easier time popping the smaller ships that get under your guns. Add a PDS in that fourth slot, and you can fit a large booster II and large extender II. Your setup will never be able to fit both those. Better dps, better tank.
|

6Bagheera9
Shadows of the Dead Xelas Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.12 15:48:00 -
[11]
I've successfully used a Cyclone for deep 0.0 ratting and this is my suggested starter set-up.
Hi: 5x 720mm (prototypes give you the best bang for your buck) 3x Assault Launchers Mid: 1x 10 MN AB II (Very useful for dodging BS fire and running from frigs/cruisers) 3x Hardeners (could use Amp + 2 Hardeners) 1x Large Shield Booster Low: 2x Gyros 2x PDS (gives you 10% more grid and beefs up your tank) Drones: 3x Med + 2x Light
|

Johncrab
Minmatar Typo Corp
|
Posted - 2006.12.12 16:04:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Johncrab on 12/12/2006 16:05:33 Edited by: Johncrab on 12/12/2006 16:05:00 Not sure what your adv. weapons upgrade skill is but this is what I had fitted on the Cyclone for lvl 3 mishs:
5x720's; 3xheavy launchers Med SB II; Shield amp; 2xhardeners; 10MN AB II (help you keep range) 2xgyros II; 2xtracking enhancers II (helps hitt frigs)
Working at a + 50km range you hardly get hitt. And now that npc's don't use mwd's anymore in deadspace, i believe this will work even better |

CJ MATTHEWS
|
Posted - 2007.01.17 20:19:00 -
[13]
Edited by: CJ MATTHEWS on 17/01/2007 20:17:22 Edited by: CJ MATTHEWS on 17/01/2007 20:16:47 Hi looking for suggestions on my setup here goes highs: 3 malkuth heavy launchers 5 650mm
mids: cs-5 lrg sb 3 hardeners (thermal, invul I, em stab ward) lrg shield extender I
lows: pdu I dmg cntrl I rcu I tracking enhancer or gyro
could i please get some suggestions,so far i can only use tech I stuff till i get my skills up a little more
thanks for your opinions
|

steveid
Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.01.17 21:54:00 -
[14]
3 heavy missle II 5 425 rail II
1 faction large or medium booster, 2 sb ap II's 2 invun field II's
4 PDU II's
drones to fit target.
Tank. Like. ****.
|

Z13t4 B3ta
|
Posted - 2007.01.23 06:43:00 -
[15]
i`m using this:
High: 5x720mm Scouts 2x heavy launchers, 1 tractor
medium: Shield Booster II Shield Hardner (depends on type of damage taken) Large Shield Extender II 2 shield amplifiers II (depends on type of damage taken)
Low: 1x shield power relay type-E 3x anny (depends on your skill)
+ 3 med and 2 light drones to kill the frigs 
I`m thinking about a shield recharging rig... any other ideeas on the rigs pls ??
|

fugimi
|
Posted - 2007.02.27 12:52:00 -
[16]
fugimi's HummingBird II for mission running
High: 5x720mm 3xHeavy Missile Launchers
Med: 1xPithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster (u can use a medium SB II if u cant afford one) 1xShield Booster Amp 2xShield Active Hardeners 1xAB / SB amp / active hardener / target painter (whatever fit ur needs)
Low: 4xT2 PDS
Rigs: Core Defence Operational Solidifier I (-15% SB duration worth) 2x either shield resist or projectile damage rigs (if u used pithum SB then go for dmg rigs)
my energy skills r currently on lvl 4 and 3 i can run the SB+hardeners forever without running out of cap with a pithum SB active shield boost will be somewhere between 200 to 250 per second (including passive regen i got somwhere around 245)
if u dont have the skills for T2 PDS or u just want more dps u can use a cap battery/recharger in the midslot in order to maintain the SB forever while replacing a pds or 2 with gyro's
i had this setup on a ferox at first and when i compared the ferox to the cyclone i realised that with this setup the cyclone is ALOT better in almost every way so i trained minmatar.
|

Rahjadan Shardur
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.02.27 14:01:00 -
[17]
I'm useing this setup in all lvl3 missions: high: 5x 720mm 3x Assault missle launcher med: 1x invu field 1x med shieldbooster 1x shieldboost amp 2x large extender low: 1x damage control 3x power diagnostic system rigslots: no rigs
replace with t2/named whatever you can, once you have t2 in every slot you don't even need too pay atention to your tank anymore (exept in the mordus headhunters, unless you know how to not pull the entire stage)
------------------ Life is but a dream... |

Kruugore
Minmatar Vigilant Justice
|
Posted - 2007.03.22 02:15:00 -
[18]
I recommend Dropping the tractor beams/salvagers.
Make a looting destroyer instead and focus on killing when you are supposed to be killing :)
EVE Vault, A Great Community |

Plymer Ization
Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2007.03.22 03:35:00 -
[19]
I used to run ACs on lvl 3 missions, which provides a little more excitement as long as you can afford the higher ammo costs.
5x 220mm AC 3x Heavy Launchers
1x 10MN AB II 1x Large Shield Booster II 3x Hardeners (2 main dmg type, 1 secondary)
2x Power Diagnostic Systems 1x Gyro II 1x Tracking Enhancer II
3 Medium Drones 2 Light Drones
With decent skills, you can passively tank most spawns, and they die very quickly. Fit T2 where affordable.
|

Nian Banks
Minmatar Berserkers of Aesir
|
Posted - 2007.03.22 04:39:00 -
[20]
If you want to go for tank you could try the setup I used on my cyclone before going to claymore.
5x 720mm 3x Heavy Missile Launcher
2x Invulnerability Field 1x Large Shield Extender 1x Shield Booster Amplifier 1x Medium Shield Booster
1x Damage Control Unit 1x Gyrostabilizer 2x Power Diagnostic Unit
This setup does pritty well and can easily go to tech2.
|

Atsiz Zhurenh
|
Posted - 2007.10.29 17:51:00 -
[21]
I use my Cyclone exclusively for lvl 3 missions. My set up is as follows:
High 5x 650mm Artillery Cannons 3x Assult missle launchers Mid 2x Shield Resistance Amps (Invul. Field, Em Ward, etc...) 1x Med Shield Booster II 1x Afterburner 1x Cap Recharger II
Low 3x Gyros 1x Core Unit
This set up is cheap and handles the missions easily. The key with the Cyclone I think (with most Minmatar anyway) is to use your speediness. I use the Afterburner to put 25 km between the NPC's any myself and blow them into the after life with my art. cannons. The missle launchers are used to keep the frigates off my back.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |