| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Maltrox
Minmatar United Salvage and Recovery
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 14:31:00 -
[31]
Quote: The ASCN Titan wreck is like a memorial to the ultimate loss due to connection problems.
LMFAO
That's not what I heard as the actual story... Try more "agression timer" + "scan probe" + "logoff".
Connection problems... funny guy.
|

Cyllaina
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 14:51:00 -
[32]
I find it interesting that all the BoB supporters out there, which are typically not a PART of BoB or have nothing to do with BoB, all want to give their two isk about HOW it was an intentional log out.
So how many of you have actually be in system with a doomsday device going off? How many of you haven't crashed to it? Small number I bet.
I wasn't there but from my understanding, The DD was let off, cyvok crashed, ASCN numbers suddenly dropped from 80 to 40 in system, and bob poured in and probed out the titan.
That is as straight foreward and typical of a CTD/Node crash issue there is.
Just because the ship was the biggest and most expensive hunk of metal in the game does not automatically qualify the pilot to be some kind of idiot who logs off with an aggression timer.
A lot of BoB pilots and other people in this community would acknowledge that Cyvok, a long time veteren of the game, is not such an idiot who would do this intentionally and NOT realize the effetcs of aggression.
I mean come on people, give me or more importantly Cyvok a break.
An alliance suffers the loss of a big logistical asset and theyre all of a sudden a bunch of idiots and morons who don't know how to play the game?
Most of you have 5% the amount of SP these guys have, cut them some slack on your illogical banter and speculation.
The most logical conclusion that can be drawn from this is, the game and the hardware isn't really stable when blasting off titan doomsday devices. Thats given fact, if you think about it like that, it is most believable that cyvok CTD'd and came back to bob shooting the **** out of his titan, and with half of the ASCN support CTD'd there was no way for it to recover, especially after blowing the Doomsday device.
Oh well, thats my rant, I rarely post anyway, don't be surprised if I dont respond to your remarks after this post.
|

Agent Li
Galactic Defence Consortium
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 14:59:00 -
[33]
Originally by: SSgt Sniper
Originally by: oodin or they could put it on one of the nice blue water planets and it can turn into a corall reef where all the fishes and snailes and those beautyful anemones can live in peace with flowers floating around it and all is safe inside it because its so full of secret hiding places and nobody can ever find them when they are there and the flowers will just glow in the dark like stars in a distant solarsystem havent glowed forever more as the night fell upon it into darkness.
Okay, over the top.
If they make the titan wreck permanent, I will fly out there in January to look at it. I think it'd be interesting to see once. 
Then people will camp the wreck, and gank the tourists.
|

ZelRox
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 14:59:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Cyllaina I find it interesting that all the BoB supporters out there, which are typically not a PART of BoB or have nothing to do with BoB, all want to give their two isk about HOW it was an intentional log out.
So how many of you have actually be in system with a doomsday device going off? How many of you haven't crashed to it? Small number I bet.
I wasn't there but from my understanding, The DD was let off, cyvok crashed, ASCN numbers suddenly dropped from 80 to 40 in system, and bob poured in and probed out the titan.
That is as straight foreward and typical of a CTD/Node crash issue there is.
Just because the ship was the biggest and most expensive hunk of metal in the game does not automatically qualify the pilot to be some kind of idiot who logs off with an aggression timer.
A lot of BoB pilots and other people in this community would acknowledge that Cyvok, a long time veteren of the game, is not such an idiot who would do this intentionally and NOT realize the effetcs of aggression.
I mean come on people, give me or more importantly Cyvok a break.
An alliance suffers the loss of a big logistical asset and theyre all of a sudden a bunch of idiots and morons who don't know how to play the game?
Most of you have 5% the amount of SP these guys have, cut them some slack on your illogical banter and speculation.
The most logical conclusion that can be drawn from this is, the game and the hardware isn't really stable when blasting off titan doomsday devices. Thats given fact, if you think about it like that, it is most believable that cyvok CTD'd and came back to bob shooting the **** out of his titan, and with half of the ASCN support CTD'd there was no way for it to recover, especially after blowing the Doomsday device.
Oh well, thats my rant, I rarely post anyway, don't be surprised if I dont respond to your remarks after this post.
OK ---------------------- BiH 4tw |

DB Preacher
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:12:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Cyllaina I wasn't there but from my understanding, The DD was let off, cyvok crashed, ASCN numbers suddenly dropped from 80 to 40 in system, and bob poured in and probed out the titan.
That is as straight foreward and typical of a CTD/Node crash issue there is.
You weren't there, you have no clue what happened but you are quite happy to make up stuff about what could/would/maybe/should have happened?
Yeah, good one.
Oveur said he wanted the titan to drop a wreck, considering how rate these are going to be, I hope he goes ahead and does this.
Especially considering we will prolly try and get more BoB Titan wrecks than anyone else too 
Can't be outdone at anything ;)
dbp
Caldari Alliance PVP Championship Winner Current RKK Ranking: (PSCAL6) Proficient Short Tanto
|

Hellcore
Minmatar Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:27:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Cyllaina
I wasn't there but from my understanding, The DD was let off, cyvok crashed, ASCN numbers suddenly dropped from 80 to 40 in system, and bob poured in and probed out the titan.
Really?
|

blake fallout
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:30:00 -
[37]
i have no idear what happed in the battle between the titan and bob) but the titan wreck should remain as a place to visit-
since it is the first titan destroyed, the wreck should be like a monument to go see (or something like that.
|

Cyllaina
Gallente Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:31:00 -
[38]
Make stuff up?
Ugh typical. Ya if its a logical explaination I MUST be making stuff up!
Im not saying thats EXACTLY what happened, Im just saying its the strongest possibility for what really happened considering the latency/graphical stress behind the ship in general.
Try to be less critical and judgemental and a little more logical.
Just because I hold ASCN tags doesn't mean im blindly defending the loss of the Titan.
If you guys really did outsmart us and cyvok was being a complete noob, congrats on your kill. It wasnt anything spectacular, but I really have more faith in cyvok than that. And logically, judging his experiances in Eve, I have to give him the benefit of doubt.
And FYI, bob can be outdone in many things but i'm not going to argue your ego any further.
|

DB Preacher
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:46:00 -
[39]
Actually, the strongest possibility (in that it is the truth) is that we are in fact telling the truth and CYVOK was lying to you, again.
Maybe you should ask the dudes who were there on ASCN TS when CYVOK said "i'm just off to change pc's, this one is playing up".
Oh and maybe you should do it in one of the other million threads about it and not derail this one anymore.
Cheers, dbp
Caldari Alliance PVP Championship Winner Current RKK Ranking: (PSCAL6) Proficient Short Tanto
|

Victor Vision
Central Intelligence Service
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:48:00 -
[40]
Yes, titan wrecks are monuments. A part of EVE history. At least the first few that get destroyed should be left drifting in space.
On cyvok logging off or ctd'ing, the situation is clear. The only one knowing what happened is cyvok himself. Both ASCN statements and BOB statements on this matter are purely speculative.
So why do BOB members keep posting they know that cyvok purposefully logged off?
BOB is fighting wars by the book. An important part of the art of war is the control of information and disinformation to your own advantage. That is what BOB is doing.
In my business there is no black, nor white. Just a million different shades of grey. |

Cyllaina
Gallente Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:52:00 -
[41]
Have you ever stopped to think That Cyvok didnt tell me anything?
Ive heard like 50 different reports on the incident within ASCN, and this is my own idea about what happened.
I didnt hear anything about him saying anything like that in TS.
I never once stated that THIS IS EXACTLY what happened, I opened the door to the fact there are many possibile conclusions and it is impossible to really tell what happened unless you were cyvok himself.
I can't trust BoB to be logical about it, you guys have the biggest ego's in this community.
And again, I can't really rely on internal reports on the issue because people want to shield themselves from the damage to Morale this has and will still cause for a while.
What did I tell you about being critical of me?
besides, if you're going to whine about derailing this topic.
If CCP doesn't give the titan back, which they should if they conclude it was a CTD issue. I'd say make it a monument.
Its a great idea.
Happy?
|

Cyllaina
Gallente Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:55:00 -
[42]
Quote: So why do BOB members keep posting they know that cyvok purposefully logged off?
BOB is fighting wars by the book. An important part of the art of war is the control of information and disinformation to your own advantage. That is what BOB is doing.
Sorry but from personal experiance, I can't put any faith in that statement, I cannot honestly say I could believe all of BoB's many flamers and forum trolls actually put that much thought into their banter.
|

Victor Vision
Central Intelligence Service
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 15:57:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Cyllaina
Quote: So why do BOB members keep posting they know that cyvok purposefully logged off?
BOB is fighting wars by the book. An important part of the art of war is the control of information and disinformation to your own advantage. That is what BOB is doing.
Sorry but from personal experiance, I can't put any faith in that statement, I cannot honestly say I could believe all of BoB's many flamers and forum trolls actually put that much thought into their banter.
Underestimation of the enemy is one of the major causes for loosing wars.
In my business there is no black, nor white. Just a million different shades of grey. |

Cyllaina
Gallente Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:04:00 -
[44]
Your generals need intelligence and wisdom to plan a war and put it into motion, footsoldiers; which are the people who rant on and on in the forums, don't need any of it. They are told what to do and they do it. I'm not underestimating their footsoldiers. I'm giving them the credit they earn by being who they are.
You rely too much on The Art of War, I believe you think too much; without giving the actual circumstances regarding the status of this war, much thought.
|
|

Eris Discordia

|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:08:00 -
[45]
I'm not at work so I can't speak for everyone else and discuss the possibilities but I will certainly explore all options to make titan wrecks permanent. Keep in mind we have to determine whether it wont cause too much load and other nasty stuff, but I will look into it.
Also the more threads I see on this topic the pinker titan wreck sites will become.  Why is this signature pink?
It is a mystery
|
|

Paddlefoot Aeon
Neogen Industries Serenity Fallen
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:10:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Paddlefoot Aeon on 18/12/2006 16:10:26 Gotta love the Dev's double post!
-edit... before I could post my snide comment... she deleted it! -----------------------------------------------
|

Matrix Aran
Legio Immortalis
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:13:00 -
[47]
Pink Titan Wrecks FTW! ----
Originally by: Oveur on rigs Sure, np, it's only like ... the 6th time I say this here 
|

Heritor
Caldari The Wailing Doom
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:23:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Heritor on 18/12/2006 16:25:51
Originally by: DB Preacher Actually, the strongest possibility (in that it is the truth) is that we are in fact telling the truth and CYVOK was lying to you, again.
Maybe you should ask the dudes who were there on ASCN TS when CYVOK said "i'm just off to change pc's, this one is playing up".
Oh and maybe you should do it in one of the other million threads about it and not derail this one anymore.
Cheers, dbp
Seems to me you are explaining what happened to the pilot of the ship more than any other source......obviously one of the omnipotent beings I have heard of 
So how do you listen to ASCN TS and your own comms at the same time with out interference ?
Did you hear this information second hand or are you convinced you was fed the correct dialogue.
Always where your seatbelt, its far harder for the aliens to abduct you! |

Trojanman190
Caldari Entropy Tech. Blood Raiders Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:29:00 -
[49]
/signed
maybe make it like a deadspace and give it npc guards and have some drops there or somethin.
But at least make it stay forever. I dont see how server load will increase because of a few more wrecks underneath the thousands there already are during peak hours....
|

Lysit Kaune
Minmatar Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:46:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Victor Vision
Underestimation of the enemy is one of the major causes for loosing wars.
And it can also be said one of the major factors of losing a war can be overestimating your enemy, the Battle Of Britian and Jacobite Rebellion come to mind.
|

j0sephine
Caldari Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 16:46:00 -
[51]
"Especially considering we will prolly try and get more BoB Titan wrecks than anyone else too 
Can't be outdone at anything ;)"
While at it, the title of "first pilot to lose the titan while still logged on (not necessarily sober)" is still up for grabs... going to be true race between Diana and Blacklight o.o;
* hides
|

George Petsch
Caldari Thundercats RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 17:54:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Cyllaina I find it interesting that all the BoB supporters out there......
This thread has nothing to do with you losing a titan or bob killing one.
What we want to achieve here is that titan wrecks become permanent. I do not support BoB. I do not support ASCN. I don't care whos titan is down. All I want is that the wrecks become permanent, because I think it really adds up to depth of gameplay we can experience here.
that is all.
im in ur safespots pwning ur canz |

Goumindong
Amarr Merch Industrial
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 18:00:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Agent Li
Originally by: SSgt Sniper
Originally by: oodin or they could put it on one of the nice blue water planets and it can turn into a corall reef where all the fishes and snailes and those beautyful anemones can live in peace with flowers floating around it and all is safe inside it because its so full of secret hiding places and nobody can ever find them when they are there and the flowers will just glow in the dark like stars in a distant solarsystem havent glowed forever more as the night fell upon it into darkness.
Okay, over the top.
If they make the titan wreck permanent, I will fly out there in January to look at it. I think it'd be interesting to see once. 
Then people will camp the wreck, and gank the tourists.
I am not seeing a downside in this. ---------------------------------------- Thou Shalt "Pew Pew" |

Cyllaina
Gallente Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 18:03:00 -
[54]
Relax Georgey poo!
When do threads ever stay on track? People's ideas and stupid little comments open the doors for debate on other issues. Get over it.
|

Insidi Us
Amarr The Imperial Commonwealth The Sundering
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 18:42:00 -
[55]
I wonder what you could salvage from a Titan wreck... It'd be kinda cool if your salvager seems to be taking forever to cycle, and BAM! out pops an Abbadon, ready to fly.
Or you get the XXXXL radio crystal, haul it to your nearest enemy's POS, then melt them using the sun's rays like a magnifying glass on bugs.
-----------
|

George Petsch
Caldari Thundercats RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 19:05:00 -
[56]
Edited by: George Petsch on 18/12/2006 19:05:55
Originally by: Cyllaina Relax Georgey poo!
When do threads ever stay on track? People's ideas and stupid little comments open the doors for debate on other issues. Get over it.
Get over what? YOUR lost titan? That's what I get for trying to get this thread back on track, away from your defeat. great.
im in ur safespots pwning ur canz |

Nyx Opet
Caldari Thundercats RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 19:26:00 -
[57]
whether it be bob or ascn or whatnot on the forums it is nothing but propaganda. i dont believe either because no side really gives evidence, they just cherry pick and ad hominem. another ascn blunder is allowing bob to shape eve opinion. in many discussions it is pretty much nothing but bob talking, and the occasional ascn ends up sounding like a child or is marginalized (generalizing!). so either believe the 'child' or spam. in the end evidence is circumstantial and the only person who knows is cyvok, and i really just don't care, and should be irrelevant anyway, especially in this topic.
so now that we cease to care about either in this topic, i think titan wrecks ought to be premanent too  --- What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. |

Taedrin
Gallente Mercatoris Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 19:30:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Eris Discordia I'm not at work so I can't speak for everyone else and discuss the possibilities but I will certainly explore all options to make titan wrecks permanent. Keep in mind we have to determine whether it wont cause too much load and other nasty stuff, but I will look into it.
Also the more threads I see on this topic the pinker titan wreck sites will become. 
The pinker, the better! 
|

Rod Serling
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 19:35:00 -
[59]
is the wreck still there now?
|

Suze'Rain
|
Posted - 2006.12.18 19:47:00 -
[60]
Edited by: Suze''Rain on 18/12/2006 19:59:12 Solutions:
Point 1. The titan had just made an "emergency warp"* prior to it's destruction, throwing it well out of the line of expected orbital locations. Therefore, it's pretty obvious that it will take some time for the burning, dangerous wreck to settle into a consistent orbit around the moon/planet/sun/Lagrange Point near to it's point of destruction that navigation will lock to easily.
Translation: It takes a while for the devs to patch it in as game content. this works as an excuse why it'll only appear in a month or two...
Point 2. the gravitational mass of a titan, combined with the masses of wreckage around it will likely mean it burns for months, while backup reactors cool, massive capacitor banks still discharge, and sealed bulkheads breach as the hulk deforms.
Translation: If CCP don't make some unique, truly spectacular models of the massive, cooling husk of each titan, I'll be ashamed of their art department getting sloppy.
Point 3: the same massive gravitational forces make navigation hazardous even once the hulk is settled at a Lagrange point.
Translation: set up so every player and their alt can't leave "omg, you n00bs lost a t1tan loll0rz" cans at such a site.
And finally... is'nt eve all about being a game where a player's actions can truly shape the world around them, unlike the padded play-pen that is WOW? What better way than to have the wreck as the ultimate example of that shaping of the world?
Translation oh, hell, yes, this is signed by me, in my own blood if it's what it takes to get it in-game.
*"emergency warp" can be an euphamism for CTD, ctrl-Q, or whatever you like it to be. Frankly I don't care why the titan went down, what matters is that it did, because that is what benefits the game, as players.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |