| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Valdarham
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 14:39:00 -
[1]
With the old rumor engine chugging away about lack of money and the possible shutdown of EVE due to lack of new players. Why donĘt we, the player, do our bit? ItĘs not that hard, I mean I have made and printed out a few posters advertising EVE and placed it in my workplace (The biggest docks in the UK!) as well as across my University. This will not only help CCP but us as a new influx will bring the money to help EVE become even better than it is.
Val Tanner Inc "Mors ultima linea rerum est" |

Omniwar
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 14:43:00 -
[2]
Yes, I think everyone (except me) should make posters and put up in shoping malls, bus stations and schools.
Don¦t ask what the game can do for you, ask what you can do for your game. Spawn of the Devil
|

Chucky
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 14:59:00 -
[3]
Even word of mouth goes along way aswell. I've gotten 3 new players started in my area in a few weeks.
... you will see more and more marketing which in turn will bring you more players to torture. |

sutty
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 15:00:00 -
[4]
lack of money ? just somthing I happen to know CCP broke even 3months into release with eve :) so I think they have plenty of money :x
|

Araviel
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 15:02:00 -
[5]
yeah, i thought things was going pretty well for CCP ?
EPIC Recruitment post
|

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 15:04:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Jash Illian on 25/11/2003 15:29:25 Err...marketing isn't my department. I'm technical.
However my company's marketing department have stated they'd be happy to begin a marketing campaign for their normal fees. $2500 intergration and setup fee, $2000 initial comission deposit, $3500 service fee and 3% commission every sale. With a 5% residual for every monthly subscription renewal. 
edit ack...sorry. One of the sunshine boys stated the residual is 25%.
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |

Sheriff Jones
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 15:32:00 -
[7]
I'm doing a helluva lot more to EVE then i usually do for games....
I pay for it monthly. That's it, there's no CoC to tell me otherwise. There is no "Thou shall advertise our game" in the rulebook.
It's not our job so let's not turn the games into a freaking green peace convention too.
|

Baldour Ngarr
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 17:08:00 -
[8]
Quote: I'm doing a helluva lot more to EVE then i usually do for games....
I pay for it monthly. That's it, there's no CoC to tell me otherwise. There is no "Thou shall advertise our game" in the rulebook.
It's not our job so let's not turn the games into a freaking green peace convention too.
We've just had this discussion in a thread about lag-ganking newbies. Nobody ever said it was your *job*; the point is, it might be in your own best interests to do something more than you're actually required to do.
Feel free to hold the opinion that it isn't necessary. But responding that it's not your job is irrelevant to the discussion.
_______ "Soon" is an ancient Icelandic word meaning "some time before the next Ice Age." |

Fencer
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 17:10:00 -
[9]
ah heck guys. I heard thru rumer mill that EVE will sometime soon go live on asian market(china). when this happens you will get influx of 1000's of asian players. and from what I have seen happen in other games who opened in that market... well slap those firewalls up and hang on. it gonna be 1 huge freefire zone  My alt hates me, I don't know why. he won't even talk to me anymore |

Lord Azraiel
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 19:05:00 -
[10]
Yeah man, you thought people now are crazy about this game trying to hack peopel **** and steal it. Asians are even worse. Back in my Diablo 2 days, seems every week there was a hacker from korea, japan, china, and all those coutnries hacking blizzard servers trying to hack their characters to make them better, and other peoples accounts as well to steal them and their stuff.  "I'm comin' for ya, and Hell's comin' with me!" |

Hematic
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 20:26:00 -
[11]
As a mining sim this game rocks and is the best of it's class.
The lag in zoning is the single worst problem the game has from a playability standpoint. Adding subscribers at this point will simply make the problem worse.
Our corp had 17 members (mainly moving here from another mmo). The corp has 6 active accounts left and only 4 active players.
So if this is indicative at all with the performance/playability of the game then CCP would need to double their playerbase every two months to keep up with attrition.
TBH addition doesn't seem the problem here but rather retention. Then when you look to see why they have poor retention and see things like bookmarks still not working. Well it's not too hard to see that CCP is in control of their own destiny here but are basically blowing it.
|

Hayek IX
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 20:40:00 -
[12]
I am a new player but I will probably not last very long depending on how bad the PvP environment gets.
Once I venture out into sub 0.5 space and get ganked a few times by Tank CEO or the like, I will just quite.
I am also not much interested in having to pay tribute to any in game alliance in order to be able to freely explore 0.0 space and do some mining.
Some PvP sounds like a lot of fun... like frig combat but I can't image the pain of loosing that first BS to a bunch of player pirates because I forget to have a look at the map kills or they just set up in a new zones jump in point.
Tank CEO or the like will get exactly one iteration of the blasting a Heyek IX battle ship ( don't have yet ) and then Eve online will get no more of my money. I will not pay to play a game where I get ganked.
The same goes for any alliance that kills me because I want to explore or mine in 0.0 space.
|

LordXL
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 22:03:00 -
[13]
Well i Say that CCP is up to someting and i dont think thay have a money problem thay just need to plan out what there gona doo and what there goal are! So dont wory this game is to cool to shut down.
|

Sourus
|
Posted - 2003.11.25 22:20:00 -
[14]
My character is on hold, just training skills. I'm not going to play until CCP fixes the jump-in-lag, i.e. ship visible to others ONLY when client is fully loaded.
I first heard about this when m0o was spamming with cans and I got soooo disappointed when the fix was: "jettison timer" :(
Much good that did... My team-mate had only one comment: Drones. Players will always find ways to lag others out unless the lag itself is not an issue, game-wise. I thought the jettison timer was just a temporary fix that would soon be replaced by the proper one.
It took a while before I tried PvP, getting my skills up first. When I finally decided to do it I found it's very tempting, too tempting, you'll be stupid not, to lag JIPs. It's about the only way to get someone, or catching someone exit a station. Anyway, it was little more fun than mining veldspar to kill a lagged-out player, leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
The absolute priorities in decending order to get this otherwise truly amazing game going for me are:
1. Fix "coming out of warp"/jump lag logic. NOW! 2. Ship tracking devices or gate log hackers or anything that you could use to track down players. 3. Warp-to any object in scanner range. The farther and smaller the object is the more imprecise the warp-to is (or something). 4. Player-owned stations/platforms or whatever. Something to defend, loose and fight for. 5. 'roids that make sense.
My biggest turn-offs playing this game: 1. Pathetic jettison timer 2. _ber CONCORD 3. _ber gate sentries in <0.5 space 4. Baby roids 5. Riskless canister thieving
Just my 2 isks.
"Space is big, man is small"
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |