Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:CCP Falcon Live AMA On Twitch - December 1st @ 19:00 UTC

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.30 15:44:22 - [1] - Quote

Hey guys Big smile

I'll be hosting a live AMA tomorrow evening on the CCP Twitch channel, during which you guys can ask me anything you feel like.

I'll be taking a few pre-selected questions, which you can post in this thread if you have questions for me on any topic you can think of, but the vast majority of questions I'll be taking live from twitch chat during the session, which will last an hour or two, depending on how busy things get! Big smile

My role here at CCP stretches over a few things, with my main focus being on leading CCP's Community Management effort globally for EVE Online, DUST 514, EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack. In addition to this, I contribute quite a bit to backstory for all our titles too, and had the pleasure of writing for both EVE: Source and EVE: The Art of New Eden, as well as collaborating on the EVE: Valkyrie and EVE: True Stories comic books with Dark Horse Comics.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, cats, Christmas, Cooking (badly, apparently), reading, traveling, video games, and trash talking on le reddit, and here on the forums.

With that in mind feel free to ask me anything, and I'll answer as much as I can on stream tomorrow! If I don't get around to answering everything on stream, then maybe I'll post a few answers here too afterward :D

Oh, and maybe I'll have a special guest tomorrow too, if the weather holds out and I can convince him to come along... Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Sentient Blade
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.30 16:05:56 - [2] - Quote

Are you ever planning on training Oven Operation V?
ISD Buldath
ISD Buldath
ISD STAR

Posted - 2015.11.30 16:16:19 - [3] - Quote

What is your Response to CCL Dorrim's Acceptance of your Challenge?

~ISD Buldath

Interstellar Services Department

Support, Training and Resources Division

Lt. Commander

CCP Logibro
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.30 16:35:12 - [4] - Quote

On a level of 1 to Butt, what are you?

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Triffton Ambraelle
Triffton Ambraelle
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave

Posted - 2015.11.30 16:35:50 - [5] - Quote

When will you be releasing blueprints for Snowballs/Fireworks/Festival Launchers? Don't want to drain the supply GÖí
ugly angel
ugly angel
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.

Posted - 2015.11.30 16:56:59 - [6] - Quote

Why didnt you buy me a drink at EVE-London ?
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.11.30 17:02:05 - [7] - Quote

be prepaired for lots of #portdust514 questions, or project legion questions, so i will ask first.

Though there is nothing new to talk about, is legion still a thing?

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

Hendrink Collie
Hendrink Collie
Blood Oath Foundation
Adaptation.

Posted - 2015.11.30 17:25:09 - [8] - Quote

Hey Falcon, Blink

I am pretty heavily involved in the /r/EVE community, so I'll give you a couple /r/eve related questions...

1. As everyone knows, /r/EVE is the happening place for burning infernos, dumpster fires, and general asshollery. What was your favorite /r/EVE shitstorm in the past year?

2. Since reddit allows people to post almost anything, sometimes nerds will post things that may led to individuals, companies, etc to be seen in a really negative light. Has there been /r/EVE post where other CCP mods have asked you to crowd control?

Thanks for your involvement with the community btw, can't tell you that enough. Smile
Selto Black
Selto Black
Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters
Ocularis Inferno

Posted - 2015.11.30 17:38:50 - [9] - Quote

Do you find current pve mechanics engaging? If not, how would you like to see them change? Are there any INGAME pve mechanics that you feel are completely broken?
Alexander McKeon
Alexander McKeon
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2015.11.30 18:10:58 - [10] - Quote

Are we going to see some design iteration on the new Drifter incursions to make the financial rewards for completing them competitive with the Sansha ones, particularly in light of the increased risk of ship loss to the rats?
vyshnegradsky
vyshnegradsky
Pentag Blade
Curatores Veritatis Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.30 18:36:12 - [11] - Quote

Operation Deliverance has been ongoing in the Providence region for over a decade now. With a new emperor soon to be declared, are there any plans for the Providence region to finally be absorbed into the Amarr empire?

This one's a bit over the edge guys.

Locked for breaking... well, pretty much all the rules.

• CCP Falcon
Circumstantial Evidence
Circumstantial Evidence

Posted - 2015.11.30 18:44:43 - [12] - Quote

Lore question about the Council Diplomatic Shuttle:

"Based on a decommissioned Pacifier-class CONCORD frigate, this swift armored transport is typically used by the Directive Enforcement Department to ensure secure transportation of VIPs and high profile political figures."

This decommissioned shuttle sports the CONCORD logo... why? Do they think so little about their "brand," that they let capsuleers who require CONCORD's special attention all-too-frequently, flaunt it all over space, making CONCORD look like it is just another corporation with products to sell, like Quafe?

I think this was a missed opportunity by the art team, I would like to see the CONCORD logo "sandblasted," so that just a faint outline remains. Then it would look a bit more like something "decommissioned."
BuckStrider
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments

Posted - 2015.11.30 18:46:11 - [13] - Quote

I could probably save people a lot of time and just list the answers we'll probably get....

I don't know.

I can't talk about it.

I'll have to find out from CCP (*insert name here*)

Did you submit a ticket?

It will be discussed in a future Dev. blog

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Eldwinn
Eldwinn
V.O.I.D.
Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2015.11.30 19:17:07 - [14] - Quote

I will not be there for the AMA unfortunately. Hopefully this gets read though as many eager minds are curious for this information. Mostly me though. My question is that, what do you wear when you go to sleep at night?
Akrasjel Lanate
Akrasjel Lanate
Black Thorne Corporation
Black Thorne Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.30 20:07:16 - [15] - Quote

More world building lore in the future ?

The story for the Amarr will be the same no matter who will win the Trials or will go in the direction of future Emperor/Empress field of expertise ?

Akrasjel Lanate

Member of Black Thorne Corporation

Black Thorne Alliance

Citizen of Solitude

Cassie Helio
Cassie Helio
Push Industries
Push Interstellar Network

Posted - 2015.11.30 21:20:27 - [16] - Quote

With the recent economy update from Eve Vegas showing that courier contracts are the lowest activity in Eve (http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/68738/1/activity.16.png) and the recent change to the thread "GM Response on Bumping" stating that the stance can be considered out dated, does this mean that high sec ganking is being looked at by CCP?

Thanks,
Cassie
Bla5to Frigate
Bla5to Frigate
The Praxus Consortium

Posted - 2015.11.30 22:09:31 - [17] - Quote

Based on the upcoming release of command destroyers can we expect a command destroyer released by ORE for some ninja or c13 wormhole ice mining/ore mining/gas harvesting buffs in one or any of those combinations?

Thanks!
Ethan Linvares
Ethan Linvares
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.11.30 22:38:45 - [18] - Quote

Now that missile disruption is going to be a thing (affected by ships that currently increase the effect of tracking disruption), would you consider (or have you considered) adding REMOTE missile guidance computers and allowing the bonus to remote tracking computers on the Scimitar and Oneiros to affect them?

I mean the whole point of adding MGCs and now missile disruption was to increase parity with turrets, right?
Kopaka Newton
Kopaka Newton
Sanctuary of Shadows
Triumvirate.

Posted - 2015.11.30 22:52:29 - [19] - Quote

1- Are the very large grids currently on SiSi are planned for realease on december 8 or later?

2- What is your favourite ship SKIN pattern?
Phopptimus Prime
Phopptimus Prime
Solar Deliberative
Games of Divinity

Posted - 2015.11.30 23:25:01 - [20] - Quote

Thank you for your work on the lore and putting up with all of us on the customer service side of your job. I have a few short questions which probably have longer answers.

Which of the factions (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente or Minmatar) if you were an aspiring capsuleer in the year YC118 would you throw in your lot to fight for if you had to choose one of them, and why? And why not the others?

Did you ever work with CCP Fallout? I was feeling nostalgic and realized you may have inherited a large part of her job and that you have done a fantastic job with the community.

Looking back whom do you miss the most whoGÇÖs left CCP? CCP Bro? Probably not CCP Dolan.

Looking forward who are you most excited to work with and whoGÇÖs doing awesome things youGÇÖd like us all to watch out for?
ISD Max Trix
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2015.12.01 01:34:47 - [21] - Quote

When ISD Dorrim wipes the floor with you, can I haz your stuf?

ISD Max Trix

Ensign

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Makoto Priano
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.

Posted - 2015.12.01 03:18:17 - [22] - Quote

Oooh! Questions, you say?

1) CCP Affinity at EVE Vegas said there was stuff we hadn't found yet, sites that we hadn't even accessed. Any idea what those are? Has she given any hints yet? Do you have any hints to give?

2) Lore-wise, what's your favorite ship in EVE? Why?

3) Are there any factions you feel are neglected? If so, do you have any plans on expanding their lore presence?

4) Have you figured out that elusive Caldari-Minmatar pirate ship faction?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

ISD FlowingSpice
ISD FlowingSpice
ISD SYAD

Posted - 2015.12.01 05:50:10 - [23] - Quote

Would you rather... Fight 100 Duck sized Drakes, or one Drake sized Duck?

Vice Admiral

SYAD - Systems Administration

Bright Gray
Bright Gray
To Be Disposed

Posted - 2015.12.01 11:14:50 - [24] - Quote

A question about Citadels.

At Down under it was said that 50k dps over 30 minutes will burn a Med Citadel.

My question is, if all the items within are safely transported to a Station, why would anyone be bothered in War Dec'ing and burning them at all?

Wouldn't space become even more littered than it already is with POS's!
Stonewall Riot
Stonewall Riot
Solar Deliberative
Games of Divinity

Posted - 2015.12.01 16:17:37 - [25] - Quote

Iceland seems like an interesting place, I followed the antics of the former Mayor J+¦n Gnarr for awhile...

What do you think of Iceland? the people?

CCP seems like a diverse place to work with people from all over the world working there, Is it as cool as it seems?

The Eve community seems to span the Universe when it comes to diversity from poor college students doing PI and mining to pay for subs to Space Tycoons who pay their 'staff' in plex and I've never heard more diversity in language then when I'm on TeamSpeak. The game has gotten better about visual representation of diversity in character creation and the lore spells out some of the diversity of in game culture. Do you think, besides the fact that a lot of us are actually SciFi nerds, that the games diversity is one of the reasons that the community is so "unique"?

Obligatory because of my character name; are there GLBT folks that work at CCP?
Zumrut Guc
Zumrut Guc

Posted - 2015.12.01 16:40:36 - [26] - Quote

~What sort of chances would there be of looking at the potential of training 'crews' for pilots? It's not all automated, some live aspects are involved somewhere.

(Trained crews or hanger personal would not only benefit individual ships and various configurations, as well as apply a wider range of variation for ships, adding a level of custom personalization, it has the potential to offer a new commodity to the market, stimulating many items that are overlooked.)

~If those pretzels are making you thirsty, what do your drink to deal with that problem?

~What is the possibility of opening up billboards to high priced, board by board, advertisements by corp players? Buying, selling and services offered by corps, why not?

~Favoritism, preferential treatment, bribery or extortion to npg stations, corps and individuals....what would it take to see it happen?

~Do you have a cat? If so, how much does it allow you to play EVE, or related things, without interference on average?
Arline Kley
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Posted - 2015.12.01 16:46:03 - [27] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Oh, and maybe I'll have a special guest tomorrow too, if the weather holds out and I can convince him to come along... Big smile

CCP PolarBear may look cuddly, but he's certainly not for interviews.

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Lemming Alpha1dash1
Lemming Alpha1dash1
Lemmings Online
Eve Radio Alliance

Posted - 2015.12.01 17:05:41 - [28] - Quote

How do you Eyeball 1400 mm Howitzer artillery ? Cool

Information is Ammunition,

War does not tolerate Ambiguities.

May you live in an interesting Empyrean age !

http://eve-radio.com/

Patrick Yaa
Patrick Yaa
Super Squirrel Omni Jump League

Posted - 2015.12.01 19:25:09 - [29] - Quote

What do you use to make your hair so spiky?
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.12.02 11:12:23 - [30] - Quote

Sentient Blade wrote:
Are you ever planning on training Oven Operation V?

I need Puff Pastry Production I first Cry

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240329/0352
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.