| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sefin 88
Under the Table Inc. The House Of Cards.
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 09:52:00 -
[1] - Quote
Maybe a little late on this topic, but....
Is anyone else upset about the fact they gave it bonus' to Large Hybrid Turrets? I was expecting missile bonus but nope all those missile skills and its Hybrid Turrets......
Just curious if I'm the only one with this line of though. |

c4 t
Archangel Investments
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 09:56:00 -
[2] - Quote
Sefin 88 wrote:Maybe a little late on this topic, but....
Is anyone else upset about the fact they gave it bonus' to Large Hybrid Turrets? I was expecting missile bonus but nope all those missile skills and its Hybrid Turrets......
Just curious if I'm the only one with this line of though.
Jesus Christ. |

Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
39
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 09:58:00 -
[3] - Quote
Wait... WHAT! The Naga isn't a Missile Boat. I demand a rebalance! |

Sefin 88
Under the Table Inc. The House Of Cards.
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 09:59:00 -
[4] - Quote
I don't think he works for CCP. |

St Mio
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
178
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 10:38:00 -
[5] - Quote
We've had dozens of threads on this topic already, yes :D |

KFenn
Percussive Diplomacy
126
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 10:57:00 -
[6] - Quote
Torpedoes suck. Cruise Missiles suck. No, removing the missile bonuses from the Naga is not a bad thing. Yes it's better as a dedicated rail platform. Commanding Officer of the Treacle Tart Brigade SLAPD Director |

Sefin 88
Under the Table Inc. The House Of Cards.
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 11:02:00 -
[7] - Quote
KFenn wrote:Torpedoes suck. Cruise Missiles suck. No, removing the missile bonuses from the Naga is not a bad thing. Yes it's better as a dedicated rail platform.
Torps Do NOT, Cruise Missiles DO. Yes it was. Keep your Talos with its bonus'. Naga should have had some kind of missile bonus. |

Kaanchana
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
49
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 13:09:00 -
[8] - Quote
damn.. there are only about few dozens of threads whining about naga.. learn to do a search before starting a new one. |

dethleffs
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
10
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 13:10:00 -
[9] - Quote
Naga is hands down the best sniper for sustained dps. |

Smabs
Higher Than Everest BricK sQuAD.
8
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 14:19:00 -
[10] - Quote
I think it's been said a million times, but -
the damage and range bonus on the naga is an awesome combination. No, it wouldn't benefit from having a missile bonus. Both torpedoes and cruise are awful in pvp. |

river Zateki
Dutch Squad Chained Reactions
2
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 03:11:00 -
[11] - Quote
nagas fine as is...t2 fit it can get like 850 dps with bonus traking at 40km....and 350km dps of 600 or something with spike i forget
|

Super Chair
Project Cerberus
72
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 05:03:00 -
[12] - Quote
Naga please,
It's a hybrid boat |

Mutnin
Mutineers
3
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 05:38:00 -
[13] - Quote
With the theme of the other tier 3 BC's it would have had 8 launchers and I think 8 torp launchers would have been just a bit to awesome. I also wanted it to be a missile boat because TBH, there really isn't a lot of good missile spammers in the game. You get the Drake, Sac & Cerb and that's pretty much it (not including frigs) for PVP ships.
It would have been interesting if they could have come up with some sort of bonus that would have made cruise missiles useful for PVP. IMO we really didn't need another blaster BC.. I mean 4 of the BC in the game are now Hybrid BCs.
(yea I know the Ferox can fit missiles but it's very sub par compared to the Drake in that aspect)
Personally I would have liked to have seen another Drone BC & a Missile spammer. Granted the Talos has a nasty set up with large Neutron Blasters, but might of been cool to see something with 5 Heavy Drones and Missile for the Naga should of been a given.. IMO.
Maybe they should have done the Amarr BC with HAM's and 5 heavy Drones.. That could have have been pretty epic for a solo boat. |

Pax Thar
Teraa Matar
18
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 10:17:00 -
[14] - Quote
Mutnin wrote:With the theme of the other tier 3 BC's it would have had 8 launchers and I think 8 torp launchers would have been just a bit too awesome. I also wanted it to be a missile boat because TBH, there really isn't a lot of good missile spammers in the game. You get the Drake, Sac & Cerb and that's pretty much it (not including frigs) for PVP ships.
It would have been interesting if they could have come up with some sort of bonus that would have made cruise missiles useful for PVP. IMO we really didn't need another blaster BC.. I mean 4 of the BC in the game are now Hybrid BCs.
(yea I know the Ferox can fit missiles but it's very sub par compared to the Drake in that aspect)
Personally I would have liked to have seen another Drone BC & a Missile spammer. Granted the Talos has a nasty set up with large Neutron Blasters, but might of been cool to see something with 5 Heavy Drones and Missile for the Naga should of been a given.. IMO.
Maybe they should have done the Amarr BC with HAM's and 5 heavy Drones.. That could have have been pretty epic for a solo boat and TBH Amarr really do lack good solo ships that are T1.
You dont think adding 5 heavy drones is a bit much? The tier3s are suppose to be vulnerable to small stuff, giving them that much drone space cancels out that aspect. |

Mutnin
Mutineers
3
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 15:12:00 -
[15] - Quote
Pax Thar wrote:Mutnin wrote:With the theme of the other tier 3 BC's it would have had 8 launchers and I think 8 torp launchers would have been just a bit too awesome. I also wanted it to be a missile boat because TBH, there really isn't a lot of good missile spammers in the game. You get the Drake, Sac & Cerb and that's pretty much it (not including frigs) for PVP ships.
It would have been interesting if they could have come up with some sort of bonus that would have made cruise missiles useful for PVP. IMO we really didn't need another blaster BC.. I mean 4 of the BC in the game are now Hybrid BCs.
(yea I know the Ferox can fit missiles but it's very sub par compared to the Drake in that aspect)
Personally I would have liked to have seen another Drone BC & a Missile spammer. Granted the Talos has a nasty set up with large Neutron Blasters, but might of been cool to see something with 5 Heavy Drones and Missile for the Naga should of been a given.. IMO.
Maybe they should have done the Amarr BC with HAM's and 5 heavy Drones.. That could have have been pretty epic for a solo boat and TBH Amarr really do lack good solo ships that are T1. You dont think adding 5 heavy drones is a bit much? The tier3s are suppose to be vulnerable to small stuff, giving them that much drone space cancels out that aspect.
I don't think it should be easy for a Rifter to solo a Tier 3 BC.. I do like Rifters but there should be a limit. However Room for 5 Heavy Drones would make the person flying the ship make a choice of using 5 heavy drones or using lots of small or meds.
Heavy drones aren't gonna do anything to a frig and med drones are hard pressed as well. This leaves the sole defense against a frig as unbonused light drones. There are more than enough frigs out there that can make extremely fast work of light drones when they tackle a larger ship, so IMO it balance's out. |

Shaalira D'arc
Quantum Cats Syndicate
270
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 16:16:00 -
[16] - Quote
Lag.
Missiles produce more lag than turret-based weapons. Some people at CCP banged their heads together and decided that introducing a new fleet ship that relied heavily on missiles was a Bad Idea.
Please, think of the hamsters. |

Menardii
Dynasty Battle Group
3
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 22:37:00 -
[17] - Quote
Wait, the Naga uses Hybrids? 
"Whoever said crime doesn't pay obviously never managed a criminal empire." |

Luvvin McHunt
State War Academy Caldari State
6
|
Posted - 2011.12.24 23:36:00 -
[18] - Quote
The Naga is a complete waste of time. If they were 10mil isk they would be ok. Every other ship in eve can solo kill one. I want to try pewing one in an ibis. I think the ibis could win.
Just forget about Naga and use Rokh for rails and Raven/Drakes when you want missiles.
|

Austneal
Fevered Imaginings
12
|
Posted - 2011.12.25 19:18:00 -
[19] - Quote
Luvvin McHunt wrote:The Naga is a complete waste of time. If they were 10mil isk they would be ok. Every other ship in eve can solo kill one. I want to try pewing one in an ibis. I think the ibis could win.
Just forget about Naga and use Rokh for rails and Raven/Drakes when you want missiles.
Oh look, someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. |

Arno Gunnarr
Matar Sovereignty Division
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.25 20:11:00 -
[20] - Quote
CCP just trolled all you Caldari folks. |

Satav
Latinum Exports
94
|
Posted - 2011.12.25 20:12:00 -
[21] - Quote
Sefin 88 wrote:Maybe a little late on this topic, but....
Is anyone else upset about the fact they gave it bonus' to Large Hybrid Turrets? I was expecting missile bonus but nope all those missile skills and its Hybrid Turrets......
Just curious if I'm the only one with this line of though.
I'm in agreement with you too. I think they took it too far trying to "stay true" to matching the weapon types of the battleship tiers.
In reality, the tier 3 battlecruisers are their own ship really and should have their racial dominant weapons.
____________________________________________________________________________________
"Your Erebus is docked? How did that happen?" "It took a lot of grease and pushing........" |

FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Perkone Caldari State
20
|
Posted - 2011.12.25 21:40:00 -
[22] - Quote
...and it has nothing to do with CCP wanting to encourage people to use Hybrids because of the buff..... or the fact that we have more then enough missile boats... -¼_-¼ |

ElQuirko
The Scope Gallente Federation
54
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 20:53:00 -
[23] - Quote
Sefin 88 wrote:
Torps Do NOT, Cruise Missiles DO. Yes it was. Keep your Talos with its bonus'. Naga should have had some kind of missile bonus.
...Hey, while they're at it, why not make another fast, dedicated torpedo glasscannon? It could be stealthy... It could also be a bomber! Let's tell CCP about this great new dedicated fast glasscannon torpedo platform!
*facepalm*
EDIT: The plural of bonus is bonuses, not bonus'. |

Hidden Snake
Inglorious-Basterds
2
|
Posted - 2011.12.27 13:42:00 -
[24] - Quote
very decent loooong range 200+ sniper ... think better then oracle .... tornado is hands down best in 60-100km range sniping, but naga excels in these huge ranges.
have to test it more ....
i have all races tier 3s and have some decent result with nado and oracle.... we will see what i can pull out of naga
Not sure how better it is then rokh though... IBS recruiting >>> http://ingloriousbs.wordpress.com -á>>> questionable ethics >>> tears >>> happy snakes>>>frog cocktails free>>>free ****>>>????
Public ch.: Basterds on vacation-á |

FloppieTheBanjoClown
The Skunkworks Petition Blizzard
458
|
Posted - 2011.12.27 14:46:00 -
[25] - Quote
CCP *finally* makes a working rail platform that isn't the Rokh, and people still complain.
Sigh. |

Mechael
Team Pizza Viro Mors Non Est
27
|
Posted - 2011.12.27 14:49:00 -
[26] - Quote
Satav wrote:I'm in agreement with you too. I think they took it too far trying to "stay true" to matching the weapon types of the battleship tiers.
In reality, the tier 3 battlecruisers are their own ship really and should have their racial dominant weapons.
I remember when I first started playing back in 2005 ... the way "racial dominant weapons" as you put it was explained to me was that minmatar favor projectiles, amarr favor lasers, caldari favor missiles and railguns, and gallente favor blasters and drones.
Makes sense to me. Caldari needed another gunboat, imo. I'd rather die in battle against a man who will lie to me, than for a man who will lie to me. |

Liam Mirren
55
|
Posted - 2011.12.27 15:05:00 -
[27] - Quote
"OMG I'm caldari but never trained hybrids because they were awful even though roughly 50% of the Caldari ships are turret based, and now there's this new ship that's Caldari and isn't missiles so i can't fly it. Instead of manning up and blaming myself for this choice I'd much rather blame others.
Also, I didn't realise that the tier 3 BCs aren't for PVE/solo use but seem to be fleet ships for a specific scenario. That takes WAY too much thinking and braincells to figure out so, again, instead of blaming myself for this lack of effort I'll blame others."
that's kinda what I read from the OP and several other replies. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. |

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
8
|
Posted - 2011.12.27 19:06:00 -
[28] - Quote
Liam Mirren wrote:"OMG I'm caldari but never trained hybrids because they were awful even though roughly 50% of the Caldari ships are turret based, and now there's this new ship that's Caldari and isn't missiles so i can't fly it. Instead of manning up and blaming myself for this choice I'd much rather blame others.
Also, I didn't realise that the tier 3 BCs aren't for PVE/solo use but seem to be fleet ships for a specific scenario. That takes WAY too much thinking and braincells to figure out so, again, instead of blaming myself for this lack of effort I'll blame others."
that's kinda what I read from the OP and several other replies.
Yup, sounds about right to me.
At least now I have an actual reason to train for t2 hybrids beyond 'I want to fly a blaster rokh just so I can hit at 40km with null' |

Trinkets friend
Obstergo NEM3SIS.
36
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 00:57:00 -
[29] - Quote
The Rokh, with an actual hitpoint or 100K to call its own, will be the preferred hybrid sniping platform for blob warfare (note: the alphafleet doctrine will still demand 1400's on Abbadons and Maels). The Naga will dominate the Rokh for other applications, such as where you can concievably maintain EW saturation and smaller fleet and gang fights, due to its equal range, equivalent DPS, and far higher maneuverability. In other words, if you actually need to tank, bring a Rokh; if you don't, bring a Naga.
Will we see Alphafleet arty abbadons and Maels' being outranged by Spike-toting sniper naga/Rokh fleets? Probably not because its much harder to get a coherent blob of these ships at 200-250km vs the usual 60-120km sniper fight ranges, and the alpha doesn't, at first glance, stack up enough to counter the logi walls as opposed to arty fleets (4K vs 11K). There's no point having a ball of Nagas at 200km safely sniping outside the range of arty blobs when they can't bust the enemy tank.
The extra DPS and rate of fire of rails won't likely see them in greater use because you have already got, for instance, people trained into Amarr BS and L projectiles, or just straight to Minnie BS/L projectiles. Getting 100 guys to train Caldari BC/BS and L rails to T1 (let alone T2) so your FC theorymaster can prove his math wargaming concepts is just not going to happen fast, which means it'll never happen. I mean, there are maths and fleet comps which should theoretically whup the arty fleet setup, but it takes success to prove the concept and that takes someone willing to risk it all on a harebrained scheme. Everyone's too risk averse and KB precious to try this stuff.
For small gangs, the Naga probably isn't going to be quite as utilised as the Drake for two reasons. one, everyone's gone the Heavy Missile/HAM spec route and knows how to make a Drake work as a Drake - they aren't neccessarily going to retrain into T2 hybrids to fly a ship in a way completely foreign to pilots of the Space Brick (aka Drake). Two, small gang fights occur at closer ranges than fleet fights and everyone need a point, which obviates any advantages of fitting rails. Fit blasters to the Naga and its weak tank will be exposed by people flying it like a Drake.
Is it useless? hells no. I'm excited about exploring a bunch of options with nagas, both in fleet fights and small gangs, and just sniping idiots on gates. I've seen what Shadow Cartel is doing with the Naga/tier 3's and its pretty ausum. The skilful employer of men will employ the wise man, the brave man, the covetous man, and the stupid man. Sun Tzu
|

Berendas
Clandestine Vector THE SPACE P0LICE
96
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 06:05:00 -
[30] - Quote
The Naga rocks as a rail sniper, don't change a damn thing. Cruises suck and with torps the Naga would either be a Raven with a worse tank, or (in the case of dmg + rof bonus) a hilariously broken **** train with no brakes. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |