| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Will Fireblade
Maza Nostra RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 12:41:00 -
[61]
n1 nice modelling where do you find reference photos for these man i wanna try it too
|

Magnum III
Journey On Squad
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 04:24:00 -
[62]
Oh wonderful, you got rid of that awful Frankenstien BOLT!
Good Job, let CCP use this.
|

Ealiom
Blackhole Entry Point
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 14:34:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Magnum III Oh wonderful, you got rid of that awful Frankenstien BOLT!
Good Job, let CCP use this.
They have already made there nice shiny model. I have absolutely no doubt it spanks my own.
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Ruiryu
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 15:17:00 -
[64]
All I have to say is nice work. I've been thinking of doing what you have just accomplished myself for a few months now. I have been looking at various ships to do this kind of project for. I think I'll have to scratch Black bird off my list now.
|

Ealiom
Blackhole Entry Point
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:00:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Ruiryu I've been thinking of doing what you have just accomplished myself for a few months now. I think I'll have to scratch Black bird off my list now.
As good a compliment as any!
Better scratch the following of the list too Executioner - Crusader - Armageddon - Abaddon - Moa - Osprey - Badger MkII - Kestrel - Ferox
Id hate for someone to finish these before me and way better too 
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Malus NalJa'ka
Amarr Imperial Dreams Curatores Veritatis Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:04:00 -
[66]
One word: Plastic toy !! \o/
... yeah, I got sidetracked 
Disclaimer: Any spelling or grammatical errors are none of your business and/or made on purpose |

Ealiom
Blackhole Entry Point
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 16:33:00 -
[67]
3 words & a smiley: not textured yet! 
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Lord Zoran
Caldari Controlled Mayhem
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 17:47:00 -
[68]
now try doing it in pro desktop without it crashing at least once  --------------------------------------------- no sig for you !!! |

Ealiom
Blackhole Entry Point
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 17:58:00 -
[69]
Pro Desktop 
Thats......thats......thats just not right.
Would be like creating renders with MSPaint! Please tell me you have that software as a hobby and it isn't your work that is thrusting that piece o gunk on you?
Im not nearly mad enough to attempt it mate, but by all means give it a go. 
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Ishana
Minmatar The Black Rabbits Fatal Persuasion
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 18:03:00 -
[70]
Edited by: Ishana on 06/03/2007 17:59:47 Very nice job!
Especialy using autoCAD. I wouldn't touch that program for 3D modeling with a 10' pole tbh. You must have allot of patience. (if you want a good 3D CAD program try IronCAD, it's great.)
Anyway, well done! _________________________________________________________
|

Ealiom
Blackhole Entry Point
|
Posted - 2007.03.06 18:08:00 -
[71]
Originally by: Ishana I wouldn't touch that program for 3D modeling with a 10' pole tbh
10foot pole huh not metric yet then. You wanna try these fancy new 10m poles much more effective. 
Seriously though i haven't heard of it so curiosity will no doubt lead me in its direction tonight. I'll test it out. As for having patience with AutoCAD, none needed. I sketch everyhting out, drawing it and add dims. Then working from those templates i start modelling it. Takes me no time at all and very little blood n sweat!
except for this one time were i was.......
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Ryuki Kurutai
|
Posted - 2007.04.13 10:00:00 -
[72]
Hey just followed the link here. Nice model you got there.
How is the work progressing? Do you have anything else to show?
Also id like to make a wallpaper once its textured if that is okay?!?
I tried doing the same thing myself a few years ago. But gave up Goodluck to you.
|

Ealiom
Infinitus Morti R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.04.13 14:40:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Ryuki Kurutai Hey just followed the link here. Nice model you got there.
Thanks 
Originally by: Ryuki Kurutai How is the work progressing?
Slowed abit due to actual real life work Booooo! But hurtling through some modelling at the moment.
Originally by: Ryuki Kurutai Do you have anything else to show?
Nothing i'd want to show at present. Ill be posting a render of the Executioner soon. Once that is finished i will begin animating the little blighter to test 'this n that'
Originally by: Ryuki Kurutai Also id like to make a wallpaper once its textured if that is okay?!?
Be my guest. If you are looking for a specific resolution and view let me know and i will render away.
Originally by: Ryuki Kurutai I tried doing the same thing myself a few years ago. But gave up Goodluck to you.
Shame mate, im just hoping i can finish something substantial before getting bored with it. Im trying desperately not too, Guess it depends on what response i get. Thanks for the post!
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Adaris
Dark and Light inc. D-L
|
Posted - 2007.04.28 10:46:00 -
[74]
wow, thats a nice BB. The current ingame version is a little under-developed skin/render wise... I like your version... caldari ships should be like this, instead of lego blocks. 5/5 mate keep it up. * * * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euZ0j7vtKEQ
|

DirtyHarry
Caldari Forsaken Empire The Forsaken Empire
|
Posted - 2007.04.28 13:03:00 -
[75]
Lookin good!
Havocide - DirtyHarryF-E Homepage F-E Killboard |

Ealiom
Infinitus Morti R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.04.28 17:51:00 -
[76]
cheers folks... you've gave me the push I needed today to get something else done. Thanks for the support.
Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Faye Valerii
|
Posted - 2007.04.28 17:56:00 -
[77]
Very nice !
Reminds me of an unpainted (expensive) model look.
|

Therin Dracul
|
Posted - 2007.04.28 20:06:00 -
[78]
No no no no!
You have violated the cardinal, prime, singular directive of caldari ship design!
One person must design one side, and someone else designs the other! They are never allowed to meet!
|

Ealiom
Infinitus Morti R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.04.28 20:18:00 -
[79]
Originally by: Therin Dracul No no no no!
You have violated the cardinal, prime, singular directive of caldari ship design!
One person must design one side, and someone else designs the other! They are never allowed to meet!
 Quick help the CCP design Cops are kicking in my front door. What do I do. WHAT DO I DO! I'll choose to take your comment as a compliment it is sure to comfort me in the deep dungeons of CCP HQ's

Executioner Model Blackbird Model |

Selene Le'Cotiere
Amarr I-Omniscient-I
|
Posted - 2007.08.17 02:14:00 -
[80]
Beautiful job on this redesigns. Most imressive.  _________
"You will be a drone in the hive of an insane Queen, existing solely to provide the ship with needs, links in a chain too complicated for you to understand." - Story: Hands of a Killer |

Calladen Nimitz
Caldari Sovereign Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.08.17 02:25:00 -
[81]
Nice work... wish I had computer talent like that.
Calladen 
SOVEREIGN ENTERPRISES WEBPAGE AND FORUMS |

Ealiom
Infinitus Morti R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.08.17 11:16:00 -
[82]
Thanks for comments. It's not so much talent as stuborn determination ;p
Currently working on the Heron (which is flying along)
Also modelling the Osprey at present. I have the rear end of the ship exposed showing the 'workings' as it does have that mining bonus. These parts move as if processing the ore internally.
I expect to have both these models finished soon. Ive been putting of texturing them all, but I will have to do this next. Stay tuned I hope to have something impressive to show later!
ModelsBlackbirdExecutioner |

Katsumi Chan
|
Posted - 2007.09.04 11:57:00 -
[83]
Just followed the link and id like to say
3D SHIP SEX
that is all
|

tpol20
|
Posted - 2007.10.05 21:30:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Ealiom Thanks for comments. It's not so much talent as stuborn determination ;p
Currently working on the Heron (which is flying along)
Also modelling the Osprey at present. I have the rear end of the ship exposed showing the 'workings' as it does have that mining bonus. These parts move as if processing the ore internally.
I expect to have both these models finished soon. Ive been putting of texturing them all, but I will have to do this next. Stay tuned I hope to have something impressive to show later!
Hey maby we could work on somthing together. give me a shout, i use lightwave 3d, modo, mudbox, 3d max, maya, with over 4 years experiance so im not fooling around :D. and i must say astounding work on your ship looks very impressive
|

Snake Doctor
Paradox v2.0
|
Posted - 2007.10.05 21:55:00 -
[85]
Originally by: Cpt Toxic Suggestion: How about a rifter? 
Indeed--- I could DEFINITELY use a Rifter 
Rifter Flight Manual! |

Lars Lodar
Caldari Astrodynamic Innovations
|
Posted - 2007.10.06 07:24:00 -
[86]
Pretty Impressive.
I'm not sure if AutoCAD has ambient occlusion, but it would do wonders showing off your model with some properly set up lights.
You should get your hands on Maya 8.5 from AutoDesk (formerly owned by Alias). It's the most powerful 3D modeling /multi-media platform you can buy. It's a little daunting, but you can learn the modeling part pretty easy with your prior experience.
Would you happen to have a render with a wire frame overlay? I'd really like to see how well you handled your geometry. Luckily Caldari ships are angular.
|

murder one
Gallente Blood Corsair's
|
Posted - 2007.10.06 07:45:00 -
[87]
Import the model into Max9 and use mental ray to render it.
Additionally, looks good, but needs a bit more detail in the rear areas. Some big spaces of blank polys near the rear/flanks. The EvE ships, particularly the Caldari ones don't really give a modeler an opportunity to really show off any advanced modeling techniques, as it's all fairly regular geometry.
Good work. Like to see some more.
[07:13:55] doctorstupid2 > what do i train now? [07:14:05] Trista Rotnor > little boys to 2 Fleet Combat Ships |

Ealiom
Infinitus Morti R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.10.08 14:09:00 -
[88]
wow thanks for the comments and advice.
I appreciate Maya and the work it can do but unfortunately i find it difficult enough to find time to do the basics of this project without having to learn a new program. So im afraid it will be 3DS Max9
As for Mental Ray .... im still debating this one with myself. this is a three way battle. Scanline / mental ray and V-Ray.
For singular images V-RAY trumps Mental Ray for visuals however I have no experience in trying to render VRAY / Mental Ray in an animation setting. The various visual effects and model changes would play havoc with any radiosity solution. Then again as i said i do not have that much experience in trying to do it.
I think I may render stills in V-RAY and animate with the scanline. Any input here would be welcome.
I did not want to fill the forums with umpteen threads of my various models and there progress so once i have finished the Heron i am working on i will open one thread that will have lots of links to test renders, fully textured renders, test animations etc.
As always I would appreciate feedback on the aesthetics. I will say something, every since i started this i have learnt quite a bit i look upon the blackbird now and i wince at all the little things i would change but i know if i go down that route ill never finish anything.
So again thanks for the comments they are appreciated.
ModelsBlackbirdExecutioner |

Ezekiel Sulastin
Gallente Eve University
|
Posted - 2007.10.08 15:23:00 -
[89]
As far as aesthetics go, I doubt they would have the Caldari State logo cut out of the ship like you have it; doing so would just provide more localized areas for stress fractures to appear ... just add it in the texture :@
I still want one on my desk though :D
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |