| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jakero Jackobi
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 04:12:56 -
[1] - Quote
OK, we have Security missions for the combat pilots, mining missions for miners, R&D missions for the Indy players, even Distribution missions for the Space truckers, BUT where are the Exploration missions for those of us who want to be explorers??? I got an Astero, but am having a hard time making isk to afford a Stratios, cause I ain't goin' to low/null in a Astero.... |

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
2397
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 04:16:22 -
[2] - Quote
Be thankful you aren't tied to sec status, agent standings, or agent availability. For explorers the entire EVE universe is your playground. 
Edit- and there is nothing wrong with taking an Astero to LS. And if you want to stay in HS you can use plenty of cruiser class ships to run combat exploration sites. |

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
2091
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 04:23:49 -
[3] - Quote
Plenty of people successfully use the Astero, or even the humble Imicus, in 0.0. Stop letting your fear of perceived risk hold you back. Free your mind and your ass will follow.
CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.
|

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
4897
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 04:24:48 -
[4] - Quote
Jakero Jackobi wrote:I got an Astero, but am having a hard time making isk to afford a Stratios, cause I ain't goin' to low/null in a Astero.... If you have a Covert Ops cloak you should have no problems venturing into low-sec, as high-sec exploration frankly leaves a lot to be desired. You can also boost your sensor strength with ECCM making it harder to scan down.
I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.
|

Jakero Jackobi
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 04:35:04 -
[5] - Quote
2 days, 13 hours from covert ops.....and I see y'all points, I want to explore so I can go anywhere I want when I want.
|

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
2397
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 05:04:49 -
[6] - Quote
Jakero Jackobi wrote:2 days, 13 hours from covert ops.....and I see y'all points, I want to explore so I can go anywhere I want when I want.
Sorry I couldn't resist. Classic
https://youtu.be/z0-KZS1dDyw |

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
2092
|
Posted - 2015.12.25 12:55:16 -
[7] - Quote
Arthur Aihaken wrote:Jakero Jackobi wrote:I got an Astero, but am having a hard time making isk to afford a Stratios, cause I ain't goin' to low/null in a Astero.... If you have a Covert Ops cloak you shouldn't have any problems venturing into low-sec, as high-sec exploration frankly leaves a lot to be desired (see FT Diomedes's point above). You can also boost your sensor strength with ECCM making it harder to scan down. There are far more knowledgeable experts in low and null-sec exploration, and I'm sure they'll weigh-in with some tips and advice. And trust me - grinding Lv4 missions isn't as exciting as it sounds...
Do not waste your time fitting ECCM. If you are running exploration sites in low sec or 0.0, almost no one will bother dropping combat probes to find you. Dropping combat probes says, "I am coming to kill you" in big bold letters. It's less scary and much simpler to use core probes to find your site and kill you that way.
You will soon learn the basic tenets of low sec and 0.0 exploration. They are quite simple: anyone in local with you is a potential threat or a potential target (depending on your perspective). This should not frighten you off, this is what makes it fun. Expect to lose a few ships learning lessons the hard way. Always keep an eye on d-scan and learn how to adjust the range. Learn to use kill boards to identify potential threats. Between local chat and zkillboard, you should never be surprised in Eve.
CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |