| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Velastria
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 21:55:00 -
[1]
I've played EVE for about 3 weeks now, and I have a Frigate, a Destroyer, and now a Cruiser. But, I still only have about 4 million ISK. I still have to use Level 1 agents, so I keep having to do the same types of missions over and over again, and its not making much of a profit it seems.
I might be wrong, but it seems like at this point I should have a good 10,000 - 15,000 ISK in store by now. Is there anything I should be doing different or is it going to continue to be slow for awhile...
|

Sakura Nihil
Tabula Rasa Systems The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:10:00 -
[2]
Move up to Level 2s if you have a cruiser, you'll get about 100-200k for a mission rather than 30-50k.
Long term though, start thinking about your future. What do you want to eventually be in EVE, and is running missions going to help you get there?
Mufasa! |

between4and24
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:12:00 -
[3]
If you notice this early that missions are making you feel more at work than having fun, maybe you could consider some other areas of EVE to play in.
A lot of new players are terrified of the idea of flying around in low sec space, but it's really not so scary. (one of the #1 rules never fly a ship you can't afford to replace)
If you go into an alliance's territory, they probably won't like it, but there's other places.
It's a lot more fun to play with other people, maybe you could go to the recruitment forum and look at the ads to see if there's anything there that sounds fun to you.
If you do join a corp that plays in low sec (that owns their own territory as an alliance), they might even cover the cost of your ships for working with them.
|

Velastria
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:14:00 -
[4]
What would be more or similarly profitable to doing missions at this point? Other than missions or mining I don't have much of an idea what I can do. And even with mining, it doesn't look like it would be very profitable or safe until much, much later when I can get industrial ships.
I am aiming to do someone of a mix between the two, though I do want more of an emphasis on combat.
|

between4and24
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:24:00 -
[5]
Maybe you could hunt NPCs (rats!) in low sec? Their bounties can be 100k and more.
Just remember not to fly something you can't replace easily if something goes yarrrsh!
|

Nastratu
Minmatar Serefon Creatin
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:27:00 -
[6]
After the first two weeks in game, I found low sec ratting to be much more profitable than my lvl 1 missions. I went for 0.3 rats in a frigate and they dropped some items worth up to 30 mil, plus I found some special spawns that dropped like faction ship BPCs, and that made me very happy.
Also make sure that you have you social skills trained up. You need social lvl 4 at least and a few other skills that will help you get more benefits from your agents, not only in terms of ISK but also how fast you'll progress to the next level with missions.
|

AvatarADV
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:36:00 -
[7]
Actually, if you have a cruiser, you're -almost- to industrial ships - you just need to get spaceship command up to level 3, then go train the industrial skill for your race. Takes you a day or so, and makes mining much more efficient (not to mention hauling around all the stuff you're accumulating.)
Take up salvaging. Those level 1 missions where you kill a bunch of wimpy pirates in one salvo of the destroyer's guns will take maybe twice as long to clear if you're salvaging the wrecks as you go... but you can come home with huge piles of valuable salvaged equipment. A blockade or worlds collide run can net two or three million, even if you don't get any of the rare 500k+ items. Takes patience, but it's the reason I have about the same ship list you do (plus an It III) and 70 mil isk in the bank. ;p
|

Oriella Trikassi
Trikassi Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.01.21 22:38:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Velastria I've played EVE for about 3 weeks now, and I have a Frigate, a Destroyer, and now a Cruiser. But, I still only have about 4 million ISK. I still have to use Level 1 agents, so I keep having to do the same types of missions over and over again, and its not making much of a profit it seems.
You're actually doing well to have bought three ships in three weeks and still have cash in hand, but you shouldn't have bought that Cruiser until you were ready for Level 2 missions. The skill you need is Connections, which gives a boost to your standings with friendly Agents and NPC Corporations. Some other Social skills are helpful for missions as well.
--- Trikassi Enterprises, oiling the jumpgates of commerce since 2004 |

Atalius Vinelgo
|
Posted - 2007.01.22 01:21:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Nastratu After the first two weeks in game, I found low sec ratting to be much more profitable than my lvl 1 missions. I went for 0.3 rats in a frigate and they dropped some items worth up to 30 mil, plus I found some special spawns that dropped like faction ship BPCs, and that made me very happy.
Also make sure that you have you social skills trained up. You need social lvl 4 at least and a few other skills that will help you get more benefits from your agents, not only in terms of ISK but also how fast you'll progress to the next level with missions.
I found what you have said to be very interesting. I have only played the game for about 2 days now so it will take me a couple of weeks to be able to do what your saying, sounds like so much fun! Right now, I dont know where to find a 0.3 rat or what that is or where to find low security places, but hopefully that information comes in time. What skills would you suggest me getting up to be able to do what your saying?
|

Monde Thor
|
Posted - 2007.01.22 05:13:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Atalius Vinelgo I found what you have said to be very interesting. I have only played the game for about 2 days now so it will take me a couple of weeks to be able to do what your saying, sounds like so much fun! Right now, I dont know where to find a 0.3 rat or what that is or where to find low security places, but hopefully that information comes in time. What skills would you suggest me getting up to be able to do what your saying?
If you look at the System rating a 0.3 system is low sec where ANYONE can shoot and kill you without Concord protecting you. Rat's can be found in asteroid belts and are NPC's.
So a 0.3 rat is a Computer controlled pirate in a asteroid belt in a 0.3 system.
|

Gealbhan
Caldari The Big Sky Corp
|
Posted - 2007.01.22 05:39:00 -
[11]
I got into a mining corp 2 days in. I'm making roughly 700k isk per run in my badger mark II. it's not a whole ton by Eve standards but it's helping me realize my goals. I would say what was said to me - ignore all other skills starting out, go to your Learning skill group and put all of those to level 4 first. It makes training everything else later on go much faster.
Mining is where the money is at for a new player, I'm playing 9 days.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |