
Boss Brutor
|
Posted - 2007.01.26 18:41:00 -
[1]
I'm a little frustrated about the mechanics of working in a gang, not the least because I lost over 100 mil isk worth of ship and modules to Concord because of a silly mistake.
I petitioned to have my loss restored because I think it is crazy that you get Concorded for trying to work with wrecks in a gang. Of course they said sorry - tough luck, but they suggested I post my problem on this board, so here it is.
It seems that shooting a wreck that does not belong to you is a Concordable offense. At least you get a warning that you are about to do something stupid in high security. Never mind the fact that you can salvage the wreck (thereby destroying it) without even engaging an aggression timer.
Here's where the gang problem exists. If you are in a gang and you are operating logistics drones on your gang-mate, you must waive the aggression warning in order to do so. Once you've waived the warning on engaging your drones you don't get another warning on any further aggression. So if you are attempting to loot/salvage wrecks for your gang-mate as I was and you accidentally trigger an aggressive module, "boom."
It is a crippling problem to gang coordination in my opinion. You can operate as a support ship, as a loot ship, or fight, but to do a combination of those activities is inviting disaster.
The obvious solution would be to have all the gang members in the same corporation, therefore never getting Concord involved. That would limit the usefulness of gangs to corporations. Another simple solution would be to provide secondary warnings on activities that would engage Concord, this solution would have saved me 100 mil isk because I could simply have said ônoö to do you want to continue.
I really think the support process needs to be changed. It seems crazy that I need to act aggressively in order to engage repair drones. If that were not considered an aggressive act then the process would be a lot easier, after all I can engage remote modules without aggression.
The fact that you need to target your gang-mate is also problematic. It takes up a target slot on your side and if they have auto-targeting on sometimes they target you in response. In the heat of battle this can be a real pain and with the warning waived can cause disaster. It would be much better if support modules could be engaged without targeting, either through the overview or the gang window.
Well thatÆs my two cents.
|