| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

T'Renn
Mentis Obscura
|
Posted - 2007.02.05 17:08:00 -
[61]
It's to the point now where I check in on the SNOWY posts just for the flames alone. It's hilarious and you guys are kind of my heroes for it.
ILL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET! NEXT TIIIIIIIIIME! --
Mentis Obscura is recruiting... sort of. |

tiller
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.05 17:16:00 -
[62]
Originally by: T'Renn It's to the point now where I check in on the SNOWY posts just for the flames alone. It's hilarious and you guys are kind of my heroes for it.
ILL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET! NEXT TIIIIIIIIIME!
Well thanks, feel free to send isk... isk will help me post more. 
Visit the no.2 PVPer in eve : http://www.october-snow.com/
|

Gix Firebrand
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.02.05 21:31:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Samirol most of the carebears get flamed out of this section anyway, its mostly pirates in here. Max carnage = good.
Erm. There is a difference between posting and reading yes?
If I was a "carebear" I would most certainly read this forum all the time, in order to glean information and tips on how to stay alive.
Shamis is 100% right.
|

Verone
Veto. Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.05 22:54:00 -
[64]
Great tactic, even if it is old.
Until someone comes along with a couple of Arazus to tackle you long range, and a few high damage mid range battleships.
Then it's probably not so good.
Old tactics become old for a reason when new content arrives. 
NEWEST MOVIE : VETO FOR HIRE
|

AKULA UrQuan
Caldari STK Scientific INVICTUS.
|
Posted - 2007.02.05 23:24:00 -
[65]
heh...A setup that's not nerfed to hell by 8x WCS.
|

Agent Li
Galactic Defence Consortium
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 02:03:00 -
[66]
Ganking haulers - now there's high skill PvP work there...
|

Samirol
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 05:06:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Agent Li Ganking haulers - now there's high skill PvP work there...
thanks for making a completely uneducated and stupid flame post, now go away
I buy insane sigs, mail me ingame. |

T'Renn
Mentis Obscura
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 07:35:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Agent Li Ganking haulers - now there's high skill PvP work there...
Well, you have to be able to use the scanner and/or tank sentries. For me and other blinkys miners don't even stick in system when they see us show up in local. Yes, even popping haulers takes a modicum of skill. --
Mentis Obscura is recruiting... sort of. |

tiller
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 07:40:00 -
[69]
Edited by: tiller on 06/02/2007 07:37:43
Originally by: Verone Great tactic, even if it is old.
Until someone comes along with a couple of Arazus to tackle you long range, and a few high damage mid range battleships.
Then it's probably not so good.
Old tactics become old for a reason when new content arrives. 
I'd disagree and say it's a old tactic thats been tweaked for Kali and WTZ.
I must admit I never tried this tactic to get the old insta jumpers of pre Kali, did that work as well ?
Visit the no.2 PVPer in eve : http://www.october-snow.com/
|

Kuolematon
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 09:19:00 -
[70]
Samirol.. why did you go to ginkymaky corp?  Playing Caldari-Online as a Amarr specced is PURE Hardcore
|

Samirol
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 09:22:00 -
[71]
Originally by: Kuolematon Samirol.. why did you go to ginkymaky corp? 
because im tired of being in low sec pirate corps where half the members dont know what a ship scanner does 
I buy insane sigs, mail me ingame. |

Agent Li
Galactic Defence Consortium
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 12:33:00 -
[72]
Originally by: T'Renn
Originally by: Agent Li Ganking haulers - now there's high skill PvP work there...
Well, you have to be able to use the scanner and/or tank sentries. For me and other blinkys miners don't even stick in system when they see us show up in local. Yes, even popping haulers takes a modicum of skill.
I'm trying to figure out what it takes, because I've been in the game since November, and do mostly hauling (in a Badger), and I haul back and forth from low sec to high sec, and go several times a day through Aunenen, where it seems that people are "learning" how to camp.
I say "learning" because I've only been ganked once, out of many, many, many tries. I don't even have 3 million skill points, am in a T1 ship with nothing fancy on it, and I'm hauling max cargo capacity while people take potshots at me.
Ok, I'll give that to you - maybe it takes some skill to gank a hauler. I would have thought that killing a relative newb, all alone, would be easy pickings, but I guess I'm wrong.
|

tiller
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 12:36:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Agent Li
Originally by: T'Renn
Originally by: Agent Li Ganking haulers - now there's high skill PvP work there...
Well, you have to be able to use the scanner and/or tank sentries. For me and other blinkys miners don't even stick in system when they see us show up in local. Yes, even popping haulers takes a modicum of skill.
I'm trying to figure out what it takes, because I've been in the game since November, and do mostly hauling (in a Badger), and I haul back and forth from low sec to high sec, and go several times a day through Aunenen, where it seems that people are "learning" how to camp.
I say "learning" because I've only been ganked once, out of many, many, many tries. I don't even have 3 million skill points, am in a T1 ship with nothing fancy on it, and I'm hauling max cargo capacity while people take potshots at me.
Ok, I'll give that to you - maybe it takes some skill to gank a hauler. I would have thought that killing a relative newb, all alone, would be easy pickings, but I guess I'm wrong.
They are easy pickings, but you'd be surprised how many 'gate campers' don't have a clue about what they are doing.
Visit the no.2 PVPer in eve : http://www.october-snow.com/
|

KingKenny
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 13:16:00 -
[74]
As someone who's corp need to travel through these smartbombs would a safe spot off the grid behind the gate help. Then you would warp to this safe spot before using your WTZ option?
Maybe we will have to test it.
|

tiller
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 13:35:00 -
[75]
Originally by: KingKenny As someone who's corp need to travel through these smartbombs would a safe spot off the grid behind the gate help. Then you would warp to this safe spot before using your WTZ option?
Maybe we will have to test it.
Sure, you would be immune... come at the gate from another direction, like you say behind the gate is best. You would be out of range of the bombs.
Visit the no.2 PVPer in eve : http://www.october-snow.com/
|

Bardi MecAuldnis
Amarr Pirates of Destruction Union Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.02.06 20:01:00 -
[76]
To all the people saying it takes no skill or thought, I call bull****. I have no fear of moving my stuff in lowsec, with the exception of the Snigg/Snow (happy?) Gate Bombing, for one simple reason: WTZ means camps can only get me on the jump-in side, and anything that can lock me fast enough is insta-owned by the sentries.
By the way, when times change, old tactics are reborn. Write it down. --- Hey hey let's go kenka suru! Taisetsuna mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so lets fighting! LET'S FIGHTING LOVE!!! |

Captain Hudson
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 03:14:00 -
[77]
i swear tdg where sbing warp at gates long before snigg where doing it
Originally by: SPQRMocton
We would love to have a bunch of teenage pimple boys with no real pvp ability to fil our corpse yards
|

T'Renn
Mentis Obscura
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 04:09:00 -
[78]
Originally by: Samirol because im tired of being in low sec pirate corps where half the members dont know what a ship scanner does 
How do I scanned ship? --
Mentis Obscura is recruiting... sort of. |

Samirol
OctoberSnow Corp
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 06:38:00 -
[79]
Originally by: T'Renn
Originally by: Samirol because im tired of being in low sec pirate corps where half the members dont know what a ship scanner does 
How do I scanned ship?
control + q during a fight where if you die you lose billions of isk to find out
I buy insane sigs, mail me ingame. |

El'Niaga
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 10:23:00 -
[80]
Wonder if you could use this to kill a bubble camp....interesting idea.
|

SaltandPepper
Sniggerdly Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 10:33:00 -
[81]
Originally by: mazzilliu i love you too tiller
i stopped reading and started crying there 
|

Kyozoku
Mutiny.
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 11:24:00 -
[82]
This is also about the only method to pod an experienced player.
|

Logi3
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.07 11:26:00 -
[83]
mazzilliu was doing this in 0.0 awhile back, even before that Ammanake gate camp video. Its a very simple, effective but overlooked tactic!
Tis good fun 8)
|

Bellum Eternus
Gallente CRICE Corporation Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2007.02.11 12:18:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Samirol
Originally by: Sun Win
Originally by: Shamis Orzoz
I just don't understand why he wants to tell all of eve how to do stuff. I'll give him credit for being above the curve for figuring stuff out. But it just means we have to figure stuff out that much faster, so we can make the most of it before Tiller spills the beans in a few months.
Probably the same reason that all those people posted "guides to piracy" or "guides to trading" or "guides to anything that they are good at" or why E-Uni exists at all (or any of the other great starter corps and training corps out there (like Sniggwaffe!)). Lots of people like teaching other people.
For one, I appreciate it any time someone posts about something that they've worked out. I don't do a lot of gate camping myself, but Tiller's tactics threads have always had new (to me) information in them.
exactly, great post.
IMO Tiller just wants to spread the word so as many people can kill as many carebears per day in Eve as possible. 
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |