Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME EXTENSION - 2016/02/24

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Darkblad
Darkblad
Hilfe is like Free Entertainment

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.02.24 12:24:43 - [1] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Apologies for the delay in Tranquility being back online.

Updates will be provided in this thread.

- F
Update

Neuspielererfahrung - ISD - pwned by linguistic

Darkblad
Darkblad
Hilfe is like Free Entertainment

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.02.24 12:27:30 - [2] - Quote

NotTheClone YerLookinFor wrote:
Simple rule of running a business. If you think the job is going to take 2hrs. Tell the customer it will take 4 or 5hrs to complete. This will reflect good on the company as they are completing the job before expected.

However, telling the customer that the job will take 2hrs, then add another hour every hour...... This reflects bad on the company, makes them look like they never finish a job on time. This is when customers get upset and expect compensation and creates a situation that was easily avoided in the first place.

I'm not mad, nor do I want any compensation. I just figured that CCP as a business would have figured this out by now.
What if the time for this downtime was expected to be, say 30 minutes internally and the buffer of 1 1/2 hours until the announced duration was considered to be enough to fix unexpected isses?

Neuspielererfahrung - ISD - pwned by linguistic

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,03s, ref 20240328/1536
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.