Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME EXTENSION - 2016/02/24

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.02.24 12:01:25 - [1] - Quote

Hey guys,

Given that planned database upgrades have taken a little longer than we expected due to the sheer size of the database running on Tranquility, today's extended downtime needs to be further extended through to 13:00 UTC.

We hope to have Tranquility back online and in VIP mode by 12:30-12:45 UTC, and aim to be accepting connections by 13:00 UTC.

Apologies for the delay in Tranquility being back online.

Updates will be provided in this thread.

- F

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

ChromeStriker
ChromeStriker
Out of Focus
Odin's Call

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.02.24 12:05:07 - [2] - Quote

Hope all goes well!

No Worries

Kwisatz' Haderach
Kwisatz' Haderach
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:09:11 - [3] - Quote

Someone forgot to feed the hamsters, didn't they?
BlackSnowX86
BlackSnowX86
5th Day

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:10:24 - [4] - Quote

anyone remember those unplaned 2 to 5 days downtimes.

when ccp upgraded the server a few years back?

OLD DAYS
Khaprice
Khaprice
Khushakor Clan
Of Questionable Repute

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:12:17 - [5] - Quote

Aye, TYVM for the updates, and good luck in there!
Smuff Gallente
Smuff Gallente
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:12:25 - [6] - Quote

BlackSnowX86 wrote:

OLD DAYS

Yes i remember them and i don't think this one is going to be much different
Kenneth Feld
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:12:37 - [7] - Quote

BlackSnowX86 wrote:

OLD DAYS

Wait until TQ Tech III
Smuff Gallente
Smuff Gallente
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:14:04 - [8] - Quote

Kenneth Feld wrote:
BlackSnowX86 wrote:

OLD DAYS

Wait until TQ Tech III

Yeah that's true this is only a database update not the actual hardware install
NotTheClone YerLookinFor
NotTheClone YerLookinFor
Altar of Bob

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:19:23 - [9] - Quote

Simple rule of running a business. If you think the job is going to take 2hrs. Tell the customer it will take 4 or 5hrs to complete. This will reflect good on the company as they are completing the job before expected.

However, telling the customer that the job will take 2hrs, then add another hour every hour...... This reflects bad on the company, makes them look like they never finish a job on time. This is when customers get upset and expect compensation and creates a situation that was easily avoided in the first place.

I'm not mad, nor do I want any compensation. I just figured that CCP as a business would have figured this out by now.
Darkblad
Darkblad
Hilfe is like Free Entertainment

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:24:43 - [10] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

- F
Update

Neuspielererfahrung - ISD - pwned by linguistic

Darkblad
Darkblad
Hilfe is like Free Entertainment

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:27:30 - [11] - Quote

NotTheClone YerLookinFor wrote:
Simple rule of running a business. If you think the job is going to take 2hrs. Tell the customer it will take 4 or 5hrs to complete. This will reflect good on the company as they are completing the job before expected.

However, telling the customer that the job will take 2hrs, then add another hour every hour...... This reflects bad on the company, makes them look like they never finish a job on time. This is when customers get upset and expect compensation and creates a situation that was easily avoided in the first place.

I'm not mad, nor do I want any compensation. I just figured that CCP as a business would have figured this out by now.
What if the time for this downtime was expected to be, say 30 minutes internally and the buffer of 1 1/2 hours until the announced duration was considered to be enough to fix unexpected isses?

Neuspielererfahrung - ISD - pwned by linguistic

knobber Jobbler
knobber Jobbler
Bat Country
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:44:20 - [12] - Quote

Calm your **** dude - there was a warning about this. Back in the day every down time was longer, some work took the servers down for days and if you're a boot.ini survivor today's work seems quite trivial in comparison.
Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
FETID

Posted - 2016.02.24 12:49:58 - [13] - Quote

Isnt that lying? i mean a company being dishonest with customers isnt a good look, simple rule of running a business....dont tell lies to your customers Cool

FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID

Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis

Tisiphone Dira
Tisiphone Dira
WiNGSPAN Academy for Enterprising Pilots
The WINGSPAN Logo Alliance

Posted - 2016.02.24 13:57:49 - [14] - Quote

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
stg slate
stg slate
We're Kind of a Big Deal

Posted - 2016.02.24 14:14:01 - [15] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Given that planned database upgrades have taken a little longer than we expected due to the sheer size of the database running on Tranquility, today's extended downtime needs to be further extended through to 13:00 UTC.

We hope to have Tranquility back online and in VIP mode by 12:30-12:45 UTC, and aim to be accepting connections by 13:00 UTC.

- F

UPDATE - 12:40 - TRANQUILITY IS BACK ONLINE AND ACCEPTING CONNECTIONS

Hey Falco, how about poking someone into responding to this thread with more information:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6358235#post6358235

Right now people are spamming everything in the world EVE-related with posts about how using PLH/Mumble/EFT/whatever will get you banned. I'd like to read about internet spaceships but between this 3rd party overlay stuff and the skill injector drama it is cutting into my forum warrioring.
Sobaan Tali
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force

Posted - 2016.02.24 20:45:43 - [16] - Quote

Ahah, so that's what that was. EveMon was going nuts with "offline" popups and I though my crappy internet was doing it's usual thing being garbage. Thanks for letting us know, though, CCP Falcon. A like for you...

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Ibutho Inkosi
Ibutho Inkosi
Irubo Kovu

Posted - 2016.02.25 05:36:48 - [17] - Quote

ChromeStriker wrote:
Hope all goes well!
At least better than that face of yours. *shudder*

As long as the tale of the hunt is told by the hunter, and not the lion, it will favor the hunter.

Vol Arm'OOO
Vol Arm'OOO
Bagel and Lox

Posted - 2016.02.25 16:32:21 - [18] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

- F

Reparations! Free Sp for the masses.

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.

John Crichton Farscape
John Crichton Farscape
MTL Mining corp.

Posted - 2016.02.26 23:56:02 - [19] - Quote

Why arer they doing this the week end went most people have free time to play, why aren't doing this sometime like Monday morning ?
Bemo
Bemo
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.02.27 03:18:16 - [20] - Quote

John Crichton Farscape wrote:
why aren't doing this sometime like Monday morning ?

Why? Some people have Mondays off too ya know.....
Coma Lens
Coma Lens
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.02.27 03:59:58 - [21] - Quote

CCP Server team at work.
Lizzy TheLizard
Lizzy TheLizard
What was we Thinking
Skeleton Crew.

Posted - 2016.02.27 11:51:55 - [22] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

- F

I dont think you ever sleep . . .

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,84s, ref 20240419/1537
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.