| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Anyura
Dark-Rising
166
|
Posted - 2016.03.11 10:49:12 -
[1] - Quote
Hi folks,
I'm currently doing a lot of FW stuff and training my interceptor skills in order to be a good tackle pilot for the fleets I join. I'm looking to build some PVP experience with intys and I'm wondering how viable an inty could be for solo stuff (taking small plexes and looking for targets of opportunity). Pretty much any inty is a potential option with the exception of Minmatar ones. Good Taranis/Ares fits would be welcomed but other factions are fine as well.
In terms of potential targets, I'm guessing it would be mostly T1 ships (cruiser down?) with the exception of drone boats and dessies? Sorry for the barrage of questions - most of my EVE life has been either fleet work or hi-sec/industrial - so this is also about gaining some general solo PVP experience as well.
Thank you for your time. |

Lucy Callagan
V0LTA WE FORM V0LTA
49
|
Posted - 2016.03.11 12:21:47 -
[2] - Quote
Anyura wrote:in order to be a good tackle pilot for the fleets I join. I'm looking to build some PVP experience with intys and I'm wondering how viable an inty could be for solo stuff
Just to clarify here : flying a inty solo and a tackle inty is a completly different thing. Being a good solo inty pilot doesn't mean that you're going to be a good fleet tackle.
To solo i would use this :
[Claw, Claw fit]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer Damage Control II Gyrostabilizer II Adaptive Nano Plating II
Warp Scrambler II 5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Small Anti-Explosive Pump II Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Zor's Custom Navigation Hyper-Link
With this fit you mainly want to avoid scram kiting ships and high dps brawlers but catch kiters such as slicers, hookbils, garmurs, chremoas and whiptails.
Frugu.net
|

Mizhir
TURN LEFT
74707
|
Posted - 2016.03.11 13:49:19 -
[3] - Quote
If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot.
One Man Crew - Collective Solo PVP - Video is out!
|

Daemun Khanid
Apollo Defence Industries
509
|
Posted - 2016.03.11 14:02:42 -
[4] - Quote
Better off flying a kitey t1. Interceptors rarely get use as most of them have less dps than a t1 frig, aren't really any faster and lock times while better than most arent significantly faster in most cases. All that greatness for 10 times the price... If you arent out in null sec dodging bubbles theyre rarely worth it. You can do most anything an inty can do in a condor w a sensor booster for a fraction of the cost and an fc isnt gonna be annoyed by isk efficiency when you get blown up. Instead of worrying about flying an overpriced tackler it's more important to be capable of flying a wide range of ships that an fc might ask for in various situaions. In fw you want to be proficient in t1 frigs up to t1 cruisers at a minimum if you want to be usefull in fleets.
Daemun of Khanid
|

Anyura
Dark-Rising
167
|
Posted - 2016.03.11 14:23:11 -
[5] - Quote
Mizhir wrote:If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot.
From the way you describe it, I think this is sort of stuff I'm looking to practice, along with building up my confidence with engaging ships, rather than running most of the time, which I tend to do if I'm solo. My Amarr skills are fairly decent, so the Slicer is an option. |

Mizhir
TURN LEFT
74707
|
Posted - 2016.03.11 15:27:21 -
[6] - Quote
Anyura wrote:Mizhir wrote:If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot. From the way you describe it, I think this is sort of stuff I'm looking to practice, along with building up my confidence with engaging ships, rather than running most of the time, which I tend to do if I'm solo. My Amarr skills are fairly decent, so the Slicer is an option.
Relevant videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UieJcWI-YM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBTaqiMrX4
One Man Crew - Collective Solo PVP - Video is out!
|

pushdogg
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
77
|
Posted - 2016.03.12 00:17:45 -
[7] - Quote
Mizhir wrote:Anyura wrote:Mizhir wrote:If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot. From the way you describe it, I think this is sort of stuff I'm looking to practice, along with building up my confidence with engaging ships, rather than running most of the time, which I tend to do if I'm solo. My Amarr skills are fairly decent, so the Slicer is an option. Relevant videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UieJcWI-YM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBTaqiMrX4
Both great vids.
On a slightly different note, when are you guys doing another one man crew?.....those fights are a true inspiration. |

Lucy Callagan
V0LTA WE FORM V0LTA
49
|
Posted - 2016.03.12 01:30:42 -
[8] - Quote
Daemun Khanid wrote:Better off flying a kitey t1. Interceptors rarely get use as most of them have less dps than a t1 frig, aren't really any faster and lock times while better than most arent significantly faster in most cases. All that greatness for 10 times the price... If you arent out in null sec dodging bubbles theyre rarely worth it. You can do most anything an inty can do in a condor w a sensor booster for a fraction of the cost and an fc isnt gonna be annoyed by isk efficiency when you get blown up. Instead of worrying about flying an overpriced tackler it's more important to be capable of flying a wide range of ships that an fc might ask for in various situaions. In fw you want to be proficient in t1 frigs up to t1 cruisers at a minimum if you want to be usefull in fleets.
With the sig&speed bonus inties have much more tanking abilities compared to t1 frigs tackle, who get really easily OS by most anti tackles.
It's worth the price, believe me.
Frugu.net
|

Daemun Khanid
Apollo Defence Industries
518
|
Posted - 2016.03.12 05:40:25 -
[9] - Quote
Certainly entitled to that opinion. I think though that if it were you'd see a lot more of then in the wz. I might see 1 or 2 a month and cant recall a single example of actually being tackled by one.
Daemun of Khanid
|

Lucy Callagan
V0LTA WE FORM V0LTA
50
|
Posted - 2016.03.12 10:40:58 -
[10] - Quote
It's sure that if you're going to allahu akbar on target, your mujahidin ship better be cheap ^^
Frugu.net
|

Mizhir
TURN LEFT
74710
|
Posted - 2016.03.12 11:08:16 -
[11] - Quote
pushdogg wrote:Mizhir wrote:Anyura wrote:Mizhir wrote:If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot. From the way you describe it, I think this is sort of stuff I'm looking to practice, along with building up my confidence with engaging ships, rather than running most of the time, which I tend to do if I'm solo. My Amarr skills are fairly decent, so the Slicer is an option. Relevant videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UieJcWI-YM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBTaqiMrX4 Both great vids. On a slightly different note, when are you guys doing another one man crew?.....those fights are a true inspiration.
I don't have any plans. It is going to be hard to set aside all the hours it takes.
One Man Crew - Collective Solo PVP - Video is out!
|

Susie Homemaker
Strike Force GWU The Marmite Collective
12
|
Posted - 2016.03.12 21:39:18 -
[12] - Quote
Mizhir wrote:If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot.
I stongly support this advice, as the Slicer is an amazing ship if you can manual pilot decently well.
Since you're looking for ceptors, i'll link you my favorite combat ceptor fit, the dual prop Taranis.
http://prntscr.com/aegxd5
What happened to Eve's old motto; Here's a spaceship. Fuck you.
|

Anyura
Dark-Rising
169
|
Posted - 2016.03.13 23:49:59 -
[13] - Quote
I decided to get a slicer as a relatively cheap ship for practice while I get some intys sorted out. I think if I do begin to fly solo intys, I'm going to wait until I have Interceptors V as I'm told it can make quite a difference.
After looking at some of the helpful videos, I'm starting to try out manual piloting. It's....complicated; testing it with mouse clicking and keys to see which works better for me. I understand the whole "spiralling towards your target" thing but once I move into optimal range, do I manually orbit? Fly parallel to my target? Look for a certain position?
Thanks for your help so far folks - I feel I still have a hell of a lot to learn. |

pushdogg
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
92
|
Posted - 2016.03.14 06:45:03 -
[14] - Quote
Mizhir wrote:pushdogg wrote:Mizhir wrote:Anyura wrote:Mizhir wrote:If you want to practice your manual piloting the Slicer can be a great ship despite not being an interceptor. One of the key skills of a great interceptor pilot is to be able to manual pilot well so they avoid getting scrammed and can keep transversal up. Which are also skills you need as a Slicer pilot. From the way you describe it, I think this is sort of stuff I'm looking to practice, along with building up my confidence with engaging ships, rather than running most of the time, which I tend to do if I'm solo. My Amarr skills are fairly decent, so the Slicer is an option. Relevant videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UieJcWI-YM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBTaqiMrX4 Both great vids. On a slightly different note, when are you guys doing another one man crew?.....those fights are a true inspiration. I don't have any plans. It is going to be hard to set aside all the hours it takes.
Sorry to hear that.
I hope something inspires you to make another, the way one man crew has inspired me.
To the above, once you spiral in its going to be maintaining that distance based on your opponents movements....which can be anything you listed.
Also the colored clicks in space....is that another program or am I missing something in the Eve ui? |

Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
787
|
Posted - 2016.03.14 08:16:22 -
[15] - Quote
Slicer is bad for plex warfare because it's 100% predictable. The fit is known as soon as you see it on d-scan aside from the pulse/beams variation which isn't that important.
The federation navy Comet is the best frigate in the game, not least because of its versatility. An mwd kite comet can be just as effective as the more common scram kite and blaster variants with the added bonus of being less common and therefore less expected. |

Pookoko
Sigma Sagittarii Inc.
139
|
Posted - 2016.03.14 14:16:31 -
[16] - Quote
Do try dual prop Taranis at some point. Even in the fights you win, you will often win with only a fraction of hull HP left, flames blazing in every fight. It's intense. :D |

W0lf Crendraven
Welfcorp The Tuskers Co.
413
|
Posted - 2016.03.14 19:28:44 -
[17] - Quote
Id say crusader=ranis>claw=raptor>malediction>crow>silletto>ares for general pvp.
The top 2 can both be very decent still.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfxgvc9OjPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3LZf8jbCts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnV6tnDD-Y
Take that as a sarting point and go from there. Id also suggest trying them a bit on the test server first
|

Corvald Tyrska
Dha'Vargar
89
|
Posted - 2016.03.18 06:52:03 -
[18] - Quote
Lucy Callagan wrote:Daemun Khanid wrote:Better off flying a kitey t1. Interceptors rarely get use as most of them have less dps than a t1 frig, aren't really any faster and lock times while better than most arent significantly faster in most cases. All that greatness for 10 times the price... If you arent out in null sec dodging bubbles theyre rarely worth it. You can do most anything an inty can do in a condor w a sensor booster for a fraction of the cost and an fc isnt gonna be annoyed by isk efficiency when you get blown up. Instead of worrying about flying an overpriced tackler it's more important to be capable of flying a wide range of ships that an fc might ask for in various situaions. In fw you want to be proficient in t1 frigs up to t1 cruisers at a minimum if you want to be usefull in fleets. With the sig&speed bonus inties have much more tanking abilities compared to t1 frigs tackle, who get really easily OS by most anti tackles. It's worth the price, believe me.
It's fine for cruising around and pouncing on targets but you miss out on most of the t1 frig engagements as you can't enter novice plexes where most of them congregate and small plexes are full of Svipuls at the moment hence most t1 frigs don't go in there (or at least if they do they aren't in there for very long). |

Anyura
Dark-Rising
171
|
Posted - 2016.03.18 12:02:17 -
[19] - Quote
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52620188/ |

Lucy Callagan
V0LTA WE FORM V0LTA
132
|
Posted - 2016.03.18 19:14:10 -
[20] - Quote
Corvald Tyrska wrote:
It's fine for cruising around and pouncing on targets but you miss out on most of the t1 frig engagements as you can't enter novice plexes where most of them congregate and small plexes are full of Svipuls at the moment hence most t1 frigs don't go in there (or at least if they do they aren't in there for very long).
Well, there is a place called nullsec too
Frugu.net
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |