Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Supersonix
Supersonix

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.12.12 21:33:00 - [1]

I've got an idea Idea for a alternative market. A kind of market we all use today in real life. I'm talking about shops...

Arrow They should be located at stations and be listed just like offices and have a number of "shop slots" at stations, just like offices. So that maybe in the future, it would be exclusive to have a shop where it is, for example in a very crowded system or station where you have a lot of potential customers.

You should access the shops by klicking on a button called 'View shop'. Like the 'Join corp' button in the offices list. The shopmanager should decide how to organize it and how you view it. Just like in a real shop where the manager decides where the different items should be. For example, how to organize folders or something like that so that you can put weapons in one department and "on sale" in another one. Smile

By introducing this would create a whole new branch of business, Shopowners, just like H&M, Wal-Mart, IKEA or whatever store you're familiar with. After a while you could see "Shop Corp" and think of a good set of products with good prices and then maybe "Diamonds Inc" with the expensive but exclusive stuff in store Wink. It would be cool to see this happen and see how it develops.
I've done a little image so you can see how I imagine it to look like: http://hem.bredband.net/b117403/eveshop.jpg(notice my lack of skills with PSP Razz)

This is just a example, but would the idea as a whole work? The details may have it's flaws but as I said, I think that the idea as a whole has a great deal of potential. Rolling Eyes

Support the Alternative market proposition. Clicky clicky.
Supersonix
Supersonix
Gallente
S-44

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.12.12 21:33:00 - [2]

I've got an idea Idea for a alternative market. A kind of market we all use today in real life. I'm talking about shops...

Arrow They should be located at stations and be listed just like offices and have a number of "shop slots" at stations, just like offices. So that maybe in the future, it would be exclusive to have a shop where it is, for example in a very crowded system or station where you have a lot of potential customers.

You should access the shops by klicking on a button called 'View shop'. Like the 'Join corp' button in the offices list. The shopmanager should decide how to organize it and how you view it. Just like in a real shop where the manager decides where the different items should be. For example, how to organize folders or something like that so that you can put weapons in one department and "on sale" in another one. Smile

By introducing this would create a whole new branch of business, Shopowners, just like H&M, Wal-Mart, IKEA or whatever store you're familiar with. After a while you could see "Shop Corp" and think of a good set of products with good prices and then maybe "Diamonds Inc" with the expensive but exclusive stuff in store Wink. It would be cool to see this happen and see how it develops.
I've done a little image so you can see how I imagine it to look like: http://hem.bredband.net/b117403/eveshop.jpg(notice my lack of skills with PSP Razz)

This is just a example, but would the idea as a whole work? The details may have it's flaws but as I said, I think that the idea as a whole has a great deal of potential. Rolling Eyes

Supersonix
Supersonix

Posted - 2003.12.12 21:42:00 - [3]

Many readers but no comments. Come on, just comment "Good" or "Bad". Just something to get the community vibe on this Wink. Reasons would be good, but that's optional Razz

Supersonix
Supersonix
Gallente
S-44

Posted - 2003.12.12 21:42:00 - [4]

Many readers but no comments. Come on, just comment "Good" or "Bad". Just something to get the community vibe on this Wink. Reasons would be good, but that's optional Razz

voogru
voogru

Posted - 2003.12.12 21:50:00 - [5]

I like the idea.
-------
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 827.3 damage.
voogru
voogru
Gallente
Massive Damage

Posted - 2003.12.12 21:50:00 - [6]

I like the idea.
Maldax Attreides
Maldax Attreides

Posted - 2003.12.13 17:03:00 - [7]

Who runs the shop? or can you get your Monkey's to do itLaughing
Maldax Attreides
Maldax Attreides
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2003.12.13 17:03:00 - [8]

Supersonix
Supersonix

Posted - 2003.12.13 22:48:00 - [9]

Quote:

A factory manager does it. The CEO should be able to assign roles and stuff like that.

Supersonix
Supersonix
Gallente
S-44

Posted - 2003.12.13 22:48:00 - [10]

Quote:

A factory manager does it. The CEO should be able to assign roles and stuff like that.

Fare Dwath
Fare Dwath

Posted - 2003.12.14 11:56:00 - [11]

Like the idea. THe CEO can rent a Shop Slot and make a list of all the items that can be sold at the shop, and when someone buys, the item just disappear and the corp (or CEO) get money for it. And of course, a shop log would be needed, so you can see who bought what, and when.

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end."
Fare Dwath
Fare Dwath
Caldari

Posted - 2003.12.14 11:56:00 - [12]

Like the idea. THe CEO can rent a Shop Slot and make a list of all the items that can be sold at the shop, and when someone buys, the item just disappear and the corp (or CEO) get money for it. And of course, a shop log would be needed, so you can see who bought what, and when.

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end."
Supersonix
Supersonix

Posted - 2003.12.14 14:33:00 - [13]

Exactly.

Supersonix
Supersonix
Gallente
S-44

Posted - 2003.12.14 14:33:00 - [14]

Exactly.

Magnet41
Magnet41

Posted - 2003.12.14 15:23:00 - [15]

yup
_

MadGaz > I just pwned an old lady

Magnet41
Magnet41
Tyrell Corp

Posted - 2003.12.14 15:23:00 - [16]

yup
_

MadGaz > I just pwned an old lady

Gunther Maxx
Gunther Maxx

Posted - 2003.12.14 15:49:00 - [17]

1 pro, 1 con:

Pro: would allow us to sell named/rare items.

Con: partially redundant with market.

But... I want a shop Very Happy

- To Be or Not To Be ? It's hardly a question.
Gunther Maxx
Gunther Maxx
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2003.12.14 15:49:00 - [18]

1 pro, 1 con:

Pro: would allow us to sell named/rare items.

Con: partially redundant with market.

But... I want a shop Very Happy

Gunther Maxx
Gunther Maxx

Posted - 2003.12.14 15:51:00 - [19]

Actually, adding the rare items to market would be a much easier way to solve this pb.

Gunther Maxx
Gunther Maxx
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2003.12.14 15:51:00 - [20]

Actually, adding the rare items to market would be a much easier way to solve this pb.

Supersonix
Supersonix

Posted - 2003.12.14 21:59:00 - [21]

This will not just open a market for rare items, but also a whole new branch of work. And that means more possibilities and more options. And that means more fun! Smile

Supersonix
Supersonix
Gallente
S-44

Posted - 2003.12.14 21:59:00 - [22]

This will not just open a market for rare items, but also a whole new branch of work. And that means more possibilities and more options. And that means more fun! Smile

Shogo
Shogo

Posted - 2003.12.14 22:26:00 - [23]

I like this idea. It's kind of what they have in SWG. On the "normal"market standard items can be bought but in the shops sooped up version can be sold. This would mean some competion to some of the bigcorps who have the best BP.
Shogo
Shogo
Gallente
Doomheim

Posted - 2003.12.14 22:26:00 - [24]

I like this idea. It's kind of what they have in SWG. On the "normal"market standard items can be bought but in the shops sooped up version can be sold. This would mean some competion to some of the bigcorps who have the best BP.
QSquared
QSquared

Posted - 2003.12.15 16:54:00 - [25]

I liek this Idea for Selling named Items, I want to buy and sell them but the trade channel is just Sh*t. Can't even attempt to try that. a market of shops woudl be really nice for both the free-lancer and corp alike. ~Q
~Q
QSquared
QSquared
Caldari
The Knights Templar
Astral Wolves

Posted - 2003.12.15 16:54:00 - [26]

I liek this Idea for Selling named Items, I want to buy and sell them but the trade channel is just Sh*t. Can't even attempt to try that. a market of shops woudl be really nice for both the free-lancer and corp alike. ~Q
A Nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat! ;-) ~Q (http://www.TheKnightsTemplar.us)
Supersonix
Supersonix

Posted - 2003.12.19 00:40:00 - [27]

So far only positive replies...goodie Smile

Supersonix
Supersonix
Gallente
S-44

Posted - 2003.12.19 00:40:00 - [28]

So far only positive replies...goodie Smile

Alberto
Alberto

Posted - 2003.12.19 09:09:00 - [29]

i love it ![:D]
****ing off society one dumba$$ at a time
Alberto
Alberto
Gallente
Aliastra

Posted - 2003.12.19 09:09:00 - [30]

i love it ![:D]
****ing off society one dumba$$ at a time

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240424/1113
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.