Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Recurring opportunities temporarily disabled on May 24th

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Mr Floydy
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.05.24 14:17:12 - [31] - Quote

Adrastia Pentaghast wrote:
I can't see what the problem is with Recurring Opportunities. Daily missioning always breathes fresh life in any game. This won't be any different.

Shooting one npc... that's really stretching "daily missioning" to the extreme. There are 10s of better options available for getting players to play the game, but sadly all these suggestions got pretty much ignored in the idea thread.
The Judge
The Judge
Balkan Mafia
Circle-Of-Two

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.05.24 14:18:48 - [32] - Quote

Mr Floydy wrote:
I can't see what the problem is with Recurring Opportunities. Daily missioning always breathes fresh life in any game. This won't be any different.

Shooting one npc... that's really stretching "daily missioning" to the extreme. There are 10s of better options available for getting players to play the game, but sadly all these suggestions got pretty much ignored in the idea thread.

Feel free to evemail the CSM reps. :)

CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Senior Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter | TheJudge on Tweetfleet Slack

[email protected]

Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
FETID

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:20:45 - [33] - Quote

The Judge wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:

Haven't you been reading the other thread? where was the csm's voice when the announcement was released and this was getting rolled out to sisi?

FETID now recruiting pvp pilots & corporations | lowsec pvp & piracy - Join FETID

Loyalist to Angel Cartel & Serpentis

The Judge
The Judge
Balkan Mafia
Circle-Of-Two

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:22:52 - [34] - Quote

Lan Wang wrote:
The Judge wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:

Haven't you been reading the other thread? where was the csm's voice when the announcement was released and this was getting rolled out to sisi?

I have been reading the threads, but if you have something you think is getting lost in the "noise", the best option is to evemail one of us.

CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Senior Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter | TheJudge on Tweetfleet Slack

[email protected]

Enrique Escobar
Enrique Escobar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:24:08 - [35] - Quote

The Judge wrote:
Better to disable than having to work on finding people who exploited. :)

How about: Better to properly design, test and implement than release early and having to work on cleaning up the mess you made.

Tsukino Stareine
Tsukino Stareine
Art Of Explosions
404 Hole Not Found

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:27:15 - [36] - Quote

hope it's disabled indefinitely because legacy code won't support it :D
Caldari 5
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:27:57 - [37] - Quote

It should of never been implemented in the first place, and if it was, the rewards should have been ISK/LP or something else new, NOT SP!!!!!
Valkyrie Mystics
Valkyrie Mystics
Malevolence.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:32:14 - [38] - Quote

don't start it new, or Switch to LP.
Advenat Bedala
Advenat Bedala
Facehoof
Out of Sight.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:32:32 - [39] - Quote

Looks like server rejects recurring opportuninies. It's not late to stop yet.
Tsukino Stareine
Tsukino Stareine
Art Of Explosions
404 Hole Not Found

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:36:17 - [40] - Quote

Advenat Bedala wrote:
Looks like server rejects recurring opportuninies. It's not late to stop yet.

Come on CCP, your own game is telling you this is a bad idea. DO THE RIGHT THING
Ni Neith
Ni Neith
Hedion University
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:38:09 - [41] - Quote

Mr Floydy wrote:
+1 to leaving it turned off...

Better: turn it back on and make the 10k SP gain per rat with any weapon!
Lost touch
Lost touch
Fla5hy Red.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:41:46 - [42] - Quote

Probaly server being sick at you numbing the game to scrub lvl

Fla5hy Red the wrong way, only faster

Futurelord Ormand
Futurelord Ormand
Into The Abysses
K.E.A.T.S Federation

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:49:40 - [43] - Quote

Can you bitter players tone it down with the Salt? You give this community a bad reputation. Give your own idea contribution or stay silent, you're making these threads hundreds of pages long, full of spam by parroting the same one sentence or less tripe.
Enrique Escobar
Enrique Escobar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:56:19 - [44] - Quote

Futurelord Ormand wrote:
Can you bitter players tone it down with the Salt? You give this community a bad reputation. Give your own idea contribution or stay silent, you're making these threads hundreds of pages long, full of spam by parroting the same one sentence or less tripe.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Jorah Hackett
Jorah Hackett
Ranger Industries
Care Factor

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:57:20 - [45] - Quote

I demand at least 2 million SP for this to be delivered in 1 hour.
Lost touch
Lost touch
Fla5hy Red.

Posted - 2016.05.24 14:58:07 - [46] - Quote

Maybe the Tripe is true?

Ok ill be constructive:

Stop numbing game down...Thanks?!

If you want to add more to this game CCP maybe it would be cool if you introduce non combat pets that fly next to your ship purely for vanity ofc.

You could even sell them in the auction hou.. AUR store.

Thanks. o7

Better Futurelord Ormand?

Malcanis
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:03:50 - [47] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:
Update 14:55 UTC
The recurring opportunities have been fixed and are now available again on Tranquility. We apologize forthis interruption.

Original message
The recurring opportunities have been temporarily disabled on the Tranquility sever on May 24th since 13:35 UTC in order to investigate a potential issue.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Perhaps if you'd spent more than 10 minutes on this cheap, lazy Skinner box change, obvious faults like this would have come to light.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his ISK/hr depends upon his not understanding it!"

Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Evolution.
SpaceMonkey's Alliance

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:19:35 - [48] - Quote

Malcanis wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
The recurring opportunities have been fixed and are now available again on Tranquility. We apologize forthis interruption.

Original message
The recurring opportunities have been temporarily disabled on the Tranquility sever on May 24th since 13:35 UTC in order to investigate a potential issue.

Perhaps if you'd spent more than 10 minutes on this cheap, lazy Skinner box change, obvious faults like this would have come to light.
You have to admit that the list of things you're incredibly salty about is growing inexorably.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Aaron Honk
Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:20:06 - [49] - Quote

The potential issue : https://i.imgur.com/HWMDfQW.jpg

P
Juvir
Juvir
Omega Nebula BattleWorks
Requiem Eternal

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:34:50 - [50] - Quote

Lost touch wrote:
Maybe the Tripe is true?

Ok ill be constructive:

If you want to add more to this game CCP maybe it would be cool if you introduce non combat pets that fly next to your ship purely for vanity ofc.

Thanks. o7

The salt is strong with this one...
This was not just introduced to help the existing community catch up to elitests that have been playing since release, but also to make the game more new player friendly. These types of comments aren't constructive to longetivity of the game.
Tsukino Stareine
Tsukino Stareine
Art Of Explosions
404 Hole Not Found

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:34:52 - [51] - Quote

Futurelord Ormand wrote:

our idea is to remove it.

If hundreds of pages long threads with the "parrots" all saying the same thing. Maybe we're onto something?
Ashlar Maidstone
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre StarBurst Pirateers

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:37:32 - [52] - Quote

While the idea is nice, is there a way to 'hide' the Recurring mission box in the upper left corner? I barely have enough room to see without having that in the way, other than that, thanks for the 10k.
Ashlar Maidstone
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre StarBurst Pirateers

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:39:06 - [53] - Quote

Aaron Honk wrote:
The potential issue : https://i.imgur.com/HWMDfQW.jpg

P

Thats precisely what I was reffering to in my post.
Juvir
Juvir
Omega Nebula BattleWorks
Requiem Eternal

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:39:17 - [54] - Quote

Ashlar Maidstone wrote:
While the idea is nice, is there a way to 'hide' the Recurring mission box in the upper left corner? I barely have enough room to see without having that in the way, other than that, thanks for the 10k.

Yes, click the shield for the recurring opportunities above your current system, it should remove it from your overview
Lin Thuan
Lin Thuan
Khanid Royal Institute of Technology

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:47:45 - [55] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:

Original message

Thanck CCP, go on the good job o7
Enrique Escobar
Enrique Escobar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:53:23 - [56] - Quote

Juvir wrote:
Lost touch wrote:
Maybe the Tripe is true?

Ok ill be constructive:

Thanks. o7

This was not just introduced to help the existing community catch up to elitests that have been playing since release, but also to make the game more new player friendly. These types of comments aren't constructive to longetivity of the game.

How will they catch up when the elitests (sic) will also be farming the 10k SP daily?
Juvir
Juvir
Omega Nebula BattleWorks
Requiem Eternal

Posted - 2016.05.24 15:55:37 - [57] - Quote

Enrique Escobar wrote:
Juvir wrote:
Lost touch wrote:
Maybe the Tripe is true?

Ok ill be constructive:

Thanks. o7

How will they catch up when the elitests (sic) will also be farming the 10k SP daily?

Because they're obviously too elite to be bothered with collecting and using what they think dumbs down the game.
Danixex Gosu
Danixex Gosu
Yumping Amok
Apocalypse Now.

Posted - 2016.05.24 16:00:16 - [58] - Quote

i logged in, wheres my free sp?
Alhira Katserna
Alhira Katserna
Concordiat
Spaceship Samurai

Posted - 2016.05.24 16:03:22 - [59] - Quote

Tsukino Stareine wrote:
Futurelord Ormand wrote:

our idea is to remove it.

If hundreds of pages long threads with the "parrots" all saying the same thing. Maybe we're onto something?

No because it-¦s completely the same thing as in most of these threads.

10 people complaining over hundreds of pages with a handful of people filling the pages with 2 posts per page. Now take 5 of these people...Oh you already filled half a page... Now take the occasional individual into account who aggrees with you and a few people who like the feature who try to argue with a wall, eh sorry, i meant who try to argue with you....Oh you just filled a page in 20 minutes...
Lost touch
Lost touch
Fla5hy Red.

Posted - 2016.05.24 16:04:00 - [60] - Quote

Juvir wrote:
Lost touch wrote:
Maybe the Tripe is true?

Ok ill be constructive:

Thanks. o7

You know we could just kill 1 rat a day as well and the gap wouldn't close at all..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,56s, ref 20240425/0320
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.