| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
183
|
Posted - 2011.12.22 21:44:00 -
[1] - Quote
Ranger 1 wrote: There really isn't any other practical way to synchronize players from multiple time zones.
Sure there is. Addition. But then, I'm agreeing with you. Players need to be doing these very hard addition problems in Base 10, Modulo 24. |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
183
|
Posted - 2011.12.22 22:37:00 -
[2] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:Am I alone in still calling it GMT?
Nope.
But the real Cool kids call it Zulu |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
183
|
Posted - 2011.12.22 23:37:00 -
[3] - Quote
ACE McFACE wrote: 1. CCP isn't an American company
1. Atlanta's still part of the USA, right? They haven't gone and seceded again? Those crazy Georgians... |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
184
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 00:23:00 -
[4] - Quote
ACE McFACE wrote:RubyPorto wrote:ACE McFACE wrote: 1. CCP isn't an American company
1. Atlanta's still part of the USA, right? They haven't gone and seceded again? Those crazy Georgians... The Atlanta office of CCP isn't a seperate company, and if it is just in case im wrong its still owned by CCP
According to US law, if your business does business or has Employees in the United States, your company has to either incorporate a subsidiary corporation in the state you wish to do business in, or you have to register as a Foreign corporation. Either way, your company becomes subject to US Federal and State law.
So, since CCP North America is incorporated in Georgia, it's an American company.
Now as far as I know there's no law requiring you to use local time in an e-mail giving away free stuff, so the guy you replied to is wrong as well. |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
184
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 00:47:00 -
[5] - Quote
Radelix Cisko wrote:American here
Really someone is raging because they couldn't be bothered to figure out the date that London is in. Since internet spaceships is serious business I have been known to get up earlier to make sure I get various things set(skill queue, gifts, updates, etc) and I get up at 6AM -8 GMT normally.
GMT isnt really that hard to figure out and you could use the time zone box to figure your offset.
-looks at clock -clicks on clock -switches to time zone tab
Ohh lookie US/Los Angeles -8 GMT. London is in the future atm.
I only play games from the future
Man, it's hard to converse with people who live in the past. GMT -7(Arizona) here. I'd be happy to talk to you come summertime. |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
184
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 01:25:00 -
[6] - Quote
Philip the Second wrote:To all of you people claiming US law is king. Try reading the EULA.
Hahaha EULA's trying to pull jurisdiction. |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
184
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 01:27:00 -
[7] - Quote
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:Someone reports the happy news that they were able to get their gift thanks to CCP GM's being nice about it and you've got the usual chest thumpers on here gloating and disparaging others who don't watch the forum like a hawk.
That is why this community gets such a bad reputation. CCP does something nice for those who weren't as fortunate and you bring up BS darwin references and other crap. This makes you look even worse because if you claimed it this has NOTHING to do with your gameplay or account. Yet you forum warriors feel the need to rage about CCP being nice to the op anyway.
Unbelievable!....
Once apon a time there was a man that lived by the river. He heard a radio report that the river was going to rush up and flood the town. The report said that the whole town should evacuate immediately. But the man said, "I'm religious, I pray. God loves me. God will save me." But the waters began to rise. A man in a rowing boat came along and he shouted. 'Hey! Hey you! You up there. The town is flooding. I can take you to safety.' But the man shouted back: "I'm religious, I pray. God loves me. God will save me." A helicopter came hovering overhead. A guy with a megaphone shouted. 'Hey! You there! The town is fully flooded. Let me drop down a ladder and I will help you to safety.' But the men shouted back that he was religious, that he prayed, that God loved him and that God would take him to safety. The man then drownned. When he got to the pearly gates of St Peter, he demanded an audience with God. 'Lord,' he said, 'I'm a religious man, I pray. I thought you loved me. Why did this happen?' God said, 'I sent you a radio report, a helicopter, and a guy in a rowing boat. What on earth are you doing here?'
CCP Sent you an E-Mail, a Login Page ad, a Dev Blog, and a Forum sticky. What on earth are you doing here? |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
184
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 01:40:00 -
[8] - Quote
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:Ruby, What are you doing here? What does this have ANYTHING to do with you?
If you got your gifts then you arent affected. Instead you are just venting and otherwise wasting everyone's time.
CCP overruled you. CCP seems to not think your darwin references are relevant. Umad?
It's a pain to find my post, press Edit, and uncheck Receive notifications. It's easier to keep wasting your time with ontopic, rambling replies.
Just because CCP has decided to cave to whiny people too lazy to read the E-Mail, Login Adverts (I remember seeing them several times), Forum Posts and Sticky, Dev Blogs within a week and a half of them doesn't mean i'm mad.
(And if I had picked a marketable gift, the more gifts awarded, the less each is worth. So it would affect me.)
Finally, who's to say "wasting other people's time" (I call it "Contributing to a Discussion") doesn't provide me with sufficient pleasure to justify tearing my eyes away from the adverts on the TV? |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
191
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 16:02:00 -
[9] - Quote
Raiz Nhell wrote:
Last time I checked a global market place meant the entire sphere... Not the little bit that America resides in... And compared to the rest of us, Yanks reside in a very small slice of the pie...
The Eurozone has ~330million people and is politically and economically fractured with quite a few jurisdictions all of whose laws are very different from each other.
The USA has ~320 million people and is politically and economically united with very few differences between the laws of different states.
Eurozone's GDP is ~$12 trillion USD while the USA's GDP is ~$15 trillion USD. So with that homogeneity to make doing business easier comes a bigger market to play in.
So I'd say the USA is a pretty large slice of the Pie (especially in terms of the MMO market), even if only for the fact that it is one cohesive piece of pie to the Eurozone's chopped up mess. |

RubyPorto
Profoundly Disturbed RED.Legion
194
|
Posted - 2011.12.23 20:42:00 -
[10] - Quote
Mr Epeen wrote:Just because you managed to weasel pro basketball players being allowed in the Olympics and managed to have all airlines speak English doesn't mean you can suddenly become the new international date line. Not going to happen. Get over yourselves. Mr Epeen 
Never said I wanted to be. Those of us who live in the USA and can't subtract a number between 4 and 8 from another number between 1 and 24 in the base 10 mod 24 system should HTFU and shut up.
I don't want to be the new Zulu. The Brit's got that covered, and have a giant brass ball on top of it.
That doesn't change the fact that US players represent a very large proportion of this and other MMO's player-bases.
--- the English as an international aviation language is simply because we won the War in 1945.  |
| |
|