
Chris97b
Caldari Nine Hundred Souls The Kano Organisation
|
Posted - 2007.04.09 15:17:00 -
[1]
do I loot the loot before salvaging?
Only if you want to. There is no requirement to loot a wreck before salvaging. If a wreck has loot, and you salvage it without retrieving the loot, it puts the loot in a jetcan.
When I get a salvage item, does it go into the wreck and i need to re-loot it?
No. When you salvage a wreck, if anything is salvaged, it goes straight to your cargo hold.
Does the salvage item go into my cargo hold?
Yes. See above.
When does the wreck actually disappear after salvaging?
As soon as you successfully salvage, the wreck disappears.
Basically, salvaging requires the Salvaging skill, and one or more Salvagers (mount in a high slot). When you find a wreck, lock it, get within 5000m, and activate your salvager. It will try and salvage, which will either be successful, or will fail. If it fails, the wreck remains, and your salvager automatically tries again. When a wreck is successfully salvaged, it disappears, and there is a % chance as to whether you get any salvage parts. If you do get parts, they are automatically placed in your cargo hold. If you salvage a wreck with loot, the loot is jettisoned into a can, and the wreck disappears. Also, there is no wreck ownership as far as salvaging. If a wreck is owned by someone else, looting it will flag you to them (allowing them to attack). If there is loot, you can salvage the ship without getting flagged, just be aware that the jetcan will be owned by them as well, and you still can't take the loot.
With higher salvage skill, Salvager 2s or Salvage Tackle rigs, your chance at a successful salvage, and the amount of salvaged parts increases. If you are serious about salvaging, try to get the skill up to at least level 4, and fit a dedicated salvage ship with 1 or more Salvage Tackle rigs, 2-3 salvagers, 1 or 2 tractor beams and an AB/MWD. I personally use a cormorant for salvaging. It's a cheap ship, with 8 high slots, and 450m3 of cargo. (Depending on the situation, sometimes I fit cargo expanders as well, if I think I will need it for looting).
Hope that helps 
|