| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

VampireZIM
Blood Raiders Dominion BLOOD EMPIRE
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 15:33:00 -
[1]
Well, it seems as if CCP doesnt give a **** if you lose fighters because of server bugs.
Maybe its just me, maybe I am asking too much to have the command to have your fighters RETURN TO THE SHIP is just too much of an expectation.
The problem comes down to this:
1. The server is bugged, fighters return when and if they feel like it.
2. Re-imbursment process takes so long that by the time they respond, someone has scanned the system found your lost fighters and stolen them.
So, CCP basically is saying that, DONT EXPECT YOUR FIGHTERS TO RETURN, IF THEY DONT, WE DONT CARE, SCREW YOU.
Thanks CCP.
|

Hyldabrand
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 16:20:00 -
[2]
Fighters, have, can I?
|

Marlenus
Ironfleet Towing And Salvage
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 16:23:00 -
[3]
I salvaged them.  ------------------ Ironfleet.com Proposal: Automated Ore Return Vehicles |

tekit
RONA Corporation
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 16:24:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Hyldabrand Fighters, have, can I?
not can have?
|

Princess Jodi
Vendetta Underground Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 17:13:00 -
[5]
In the past, I've lost several sets of fighters due to server crashes and disconnects. I never got any reimbursemnet for them. I would estimate 4 times that I lost 12-14 fighters.
Since then, I've learned to be much more careful. I always recall fighters when not in direct use. I quit assigning fighters to people completely. I changed internet providers to get a more stable connection. I learned that your fighter try to return to the place you lost connection after the next downtime. I've seen them at the point I dissappeared when I finished the 'Disconnection Warp-off'. I leaned to bookmark space as soon as I return to game, then try to scan them down from that spot. I once was able to warp to celiestial objects behind the lost fighters and bookmark while in warp, eventually getting close enough to have an Interceptor get to them in a few hours.
Keep in mind that I don't accept that I HAVE to do this things to recover lost fighters - just that I've found a few ways to protect myself.
However, I still feel that CCP owes me about 500 mill in fighters. They, however, don't feel that way and so.....customer is screwed again. 
|

Jimer Lins
Gallente Sanctuary
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 17:18:00 -
[6]
Were they Templars, the Amarr fighters?
Sanctions, embargoes and blockades- discuss PVP with ISK! |

Jimer Lins
Gallente Sanctuary
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 17:20:00 -
[7]
On a serious note, though-
I almost lost some drones yesterday because they seemed to ignore my "come home, my pretties" command. So I feel ya, but with a bug like that I can understand that they wouldn't be able to do much without people abusing the reimbursement system and getting free goodies, on top of overburdening an already heavily loaded process.
I also think it's something that'll get fixed. Fighter and drone stufff has been going through some significant churn the last few releases; I expect they'll get it sorted.
Sanctions, embargoes and blockades- discuss PVP with ISK! |

Wendat Huron
Lupus Industries
|
Posted - 2007.04.27 17:42:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Princess Jodi In the past, I've lost several sets of fighters due to server crashes and disconnects. I never got any reimbursemnet for them. I would estimate 4 times that I lost 12-14 fighters.
Since then, I've learned to be much more careful. I always recall fighters when not in direct use. I quit assigning fighters to people completely. I changed internet providers to get a more stable connection. I learned that your fighter try to return to the place you lost connection after the next downtime. I've seen them at the point I dissappeared when I finished the 'Disconnection Warp-off'. I leaned to bookmark space as soon as I return to game, then try to scan them down from that spot. I once was able to warp to celiestial objects behind the lost fighters and bookmark while in warp, eventually getting close enough to have an Interceptor get to them in a few hours.
Keep in mind that I don't accept that I HAVE to do this things to recover lost fighters - just that I've found a few ways to protect myself.
However, I still feel that CCP owes me about 500 mill in fighters. They, however, don't feel that way and so.....customer is screwed again. 
Hours to recover your own fighters? Sounds like fun times to be had.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |