| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Jimi Crackcorn
Directed Evolution Corp
19
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:27:00 -
[1] - Quote
So pretty much everyone agrees that the UI sucks, and I must say. I agree, but I haven't really seen any suggestions on a way to make it better. So what would you change about it, or like to see added/removed to/from it? |

Luba Cibre
4
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:30:00 -
[2] - Quote
I like the ui. First mmo interface i don't have to custom mod.... |

Derus Grobb
Iron Oxide Institute
7
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:41:00 -
[3] - Quote
the HUD looks really old-fashioned |

Xercodo
Train Brigade
267
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:41:00 -
[4] - Quote
Customizable Context menus
Instead of a long list i'd rather right click an item in my hanger and have it have categories like "Market" "Cargo" with all of the specific things inside those....and show info at the bottom >.> The Drake is a Lie |

Jimi Crackcorn
Directed Evolution Corp
19
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:43:00 -
[5] - Quote
Luba Cibre wrote:I like the ui. First mmo interface i don't have to custom mod....
Well I'll agree that it's not the worst interface ever but it could use some fixing, especially the overview.
Some things I'd like to see changed without completely redoing the UI:
Make the row of icons auto hidable, like the windows taskbar, to where they are completely hidden unless you place your cursor to the left the of the screen.
Make the overview more customizable(Seperate columns, sorting and such for each overview tab)
Make ctrl tab customizable. This would be actually useful if I didn't have to tab through chat windows, overview, drones and everything else just to get to the market. Being able to remove those from the ctrl tab would make it actually useful. Currently switching from my character sheet to the market via ctrl tabbing takes longer than just clicking, which defeats the purpose.
Just more customization overall. To be honest though, I think a complete UI redo would be best, and it seems most others do as well. No ones giving CCP any direction on where to take it from what I've seen, however. So post away people
|

Syphon Lodian
Fabled Enterprises
3
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:44:00 -
[6] - Quote
I like the UI.
It's daunting, and needlessly complex in some areas.. of course, but you get used to it and you come to embrace it. It's more or less as efficient as it needs to be.
The problem, is introducing new features to the UI. Where do you put it... ? How do you introduce Walking In Stations to the current UI? Does it have it's own separate UI, does it change the current UI while you're in station... what?
So yea, that is the biggest weakness, it is full, it's done. I wouldn't want to be tasked with adding more revolutionary features to the UI, I can tell you that. |

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
405
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:47:00 -
[7] - Quote
Luba Cibre wrote:I like the ui. First mmo interface i can't custom mod....
FYP
I hate the UI - First MMO I've wanted to dabble in actually writing my own.
This is my signature.-á There are many others like it, but this one is mine. |

Ai Shun
State War Academy Caldari State
75
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 19:48:00 -
[8] - Quote
There is a long thread dedicated to all things visual. And there is a suggestion forum with a few UI suggestions. I put my ones there, where they belong.
However, I'm generally happy with the UI. A few niggly bits that could do with smoothing but overall it suits the game for me. |

Dradius Calvantia
Creative Cookie Procuring Rote Kapelle
188
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:01:00 -
[9] - Quote
The number one thing for me would be to make the overheating UI elements easier to see/use.
Besides that, there needs to be an option to disable the double click to approach function.
They could also do a little better job of conveying more information through the brackets in space. I would love to see the ability to display things such as warp scram notifications, range, and other relevant information on brackets within a certain (modifiable) distance of you.
|

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
409
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:03:00 -
[10] - Quote
In the interest of being constructive, here's a quick list off the top of my head:
* The right click context menus are too easy to accidentally shift the mouse up or down a pixel and end up in the wrong sub-context menu. A second right click on the context menu should lock in your choice and open the sub-context regardless of Y-axis mouse movement.
* THE ENTIRE FRICKIN' INTERFACE UPDATES ITSELF RIGHT ***AFTER*** YOU CLICK, BUT BEFORE PROCESSING YOUR INPUT. This makes it damn near impossible to select the right thing if you're: Selecting targets in battle and one dies, selecting overview rows in a busy system, trying to open a trade window with someone in Jita or Amarr... This one pisses me off the most.
* Ctrl+hotkey combos don't actually treat the Ctrl key part as a modifier key, but insist that you unpress and re-press Ctrl when doing more than one combo in a row (Ctrl-click, Ctrl-D, Ctrl-E...), nor does the client remember across multiple client windows if you still have the Ctrl key pressed. (Dual-boxing, targetting something on both clients, you have to release and re-press Ctrl on the second client) (And this all USED to work before the Carbonization stuff started happening - Le sigh)
* When hovering over a large stack of brackets in space, the UI expands the list upwards off the screen rather than centering it on the display where you can see them all.
* Several windows have huge minimum sizes for no apparent reason (Science and Industry, I'm looking RIGHT at you)
* Damage notifications text is in a bad spot right in center stage and can't be moved.
* Drones window groupings still forget their expanded / not expanded status (sometimes) if you launch all your drones at once.
* The list of targetted ships/things shouldn't always just slide to the right when one dies. This leads to way too many mis-clicks of targets due to the processing order of click-update-process (2nd reason up above).
This is my signature.-á There are many others like it, but this one is mine. |

Jimi Crackcorn
Directed Evolution Corp
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:21:00 -
[11] - Quote
Ai Shun wrote:There is a long thread dedicated to. And there is a suggestion forum with a few UI suggestions. I put my ones there, where they belong.
However, I'm generally happy with the UI. A few niggly bits that could do with smoothing but overall it suits the game for me.
Well that's more of a general thread, for things like how crappy the male hair is in the game. This ones meant to be for the specific problem of the UI. And as for the suggestions forum... well everyone knows general is where all the cool people are soo yeah..
Back on topic:
Window snapping. Completely sucks. Sometimes when I close a windows that has another windows under it, the latter will jump up to where the former was. Like what the hell? Also, my windows pop up in a new place every time I open them. I wish they'd just stay the same size, and place that I put them.
More UI scaling options would be nice as well. 90% is still far too big for me, especially with all the things I like to have on screen at once. There's just not enough room and it gets cluttered pretty quick.
A maximize button, please. I like certain windows to fill the screen, clicking and dragging them each time I open them(window location rarely ever saving) is so frustrating. |

Ai Shun
State War Academy Caldari State
76
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:31:00 -
[12] - Quote
Jimi Crackcorn wrote:Well that's more of a general thread, for things like how crappy the male hair is in the game. This ones meant to be for the specific problem of the UI. And as for the suggestions forum... well everyone knows general is where all the cool people are soo yeah..
Back on topic
It was never off-topic. You ignore a long thread about all visual aspects of the game (And it DOES include posts about the UI, but is about MORE) that actually has developer feedback (And thus attention). You ignore the suggestion forum which contains a number of useful threads on the UI.
You were the one that wanted a feature to block players ... yeah. You wanted the rating system to get rid of people that couldn't behave appropriately on the forums (By your criteria)
And yet, here you are. I'd support that feature now, if only to get rid of your useless junk posts.
Edit: Either way, you've exceeded my tolerance for stupid. It is time to ignore you. |

Jimi Crackcorn
Directed Evolution Corp
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:38:00 -
[13] - Quote
Ai Shun wrote:Jimi Crackcorn wrote:Well that's more of a general thread, for things like how crappy the male hair is in the game. This ones meant to be for the specific problem of the UI. And as for the suggestions forum... well everyone knows general is where all the cool people are soo yeah..
Back on topic It was never off-topic. You ignore a long thread about all visual aspects of the game (And it DOES include posts about the UI, but is about MORE) that actually has developer feedback (And thus attention). You ignore the suggestion forum which contains a number of useful threads on the UI. You were the one that wanted a feature to block players ... yeah. You wanted the rating system to get rid of people that couldn't behave appropriately on the forums (By your criteria) And yet, here you are. I'd support that feature now, if only to get rid of your useless junk posts. Edit: Either way, you've exceeded my tolerance for stupid. It is time to ignore you.
Well that was a random spurt of rage you got there..
My posting in regard to your post was off topic in regard to this thread, which is why I said I was getting back on topic and began posting back about the topic of the thread, UI improvments.
And as I stated, that was a general thread about.. well it says it in the title, ALL. THINGS. VISUAL. I don't want to read through all of those just to find the UI related ones, hence why I made a thread specifically , FOR. THE. UI. As I already stated.
The important parts are in caps, just so the handicapped(you) can understand more easily.
Now please, take your unprovoked rage elsewhere. Perhaps to a doctor, you need one.
I'm sorry you took me saying "on topic" as an insult to you. |

Planetarian
Covert Operations Inc.
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:38:00 -
[14] - Quote
First off the HUD need to be updated for easier access when not using keyboard shortcuts. The overload button is very small and overloading an entire rack is not always the answer. Also placing the HUD whereever you want should be possible.
The overview is needlessly complex and much of the information could be moved to display on the ships in space instead. That would make it much more demanding to obtain information on whos webbing you and such. Many fights are fought using nothing but the overview and does not require much brainpower which is a shame.
The damage notification should be updated to pop from the ship that you hit in space and the damage they do to you should pop from them in space.
Targetting should be much more visible in space with the same information you get on the fixed window showing around the targeted ship in space.
Basically, "in space" view should hold all the information that is currently displayed using the overview.
Zoomed out figthing using nothing but the overview is so dull. Please make it go away !
If you're reading this you've come to my signature, which has little relevance to this post |

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
709
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:44:00 -
[15] - Quote
Possible different hp bars layouts like three bar and pure circle.
Differnt buttons, all optionalized.
Racial fonts as well one for amarr (closer to times new roman), gallente (ariel) , caldari (current) and one minmatar (comic sans :P)
|

Velicitia
Open Designs
254
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:54:00 -
[16] - Quote
War Kitten wrote: * Ctrl+hotkey combos don't actually treat the Ctrl key part as a modifier key, but insist that you unpress and re-press Ctrl when doing more than one combo in a row (Ctrl-click, Ctrl-D, Ctrl-E...), nor does the client remember across multiple client windows if you still have the Ctrl key pressed. (Dual-boxing, targetting something on both clients, you have to release and re-press Ctrl on the second client) (And this all USED to work before the Carbonization stuff started happening - Le sigh)
funny, it still works for me... have you tried clearing your cache lately? |

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local Break-A-Wish Foundation
179
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:56:00 -
[17] - Quote
It's very easy to accidently activate or deactivate a module when trying to overheat it. |

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
412
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:59:00 -
[18] - Quote
Velicitia wrote:War Kitten wrote: * Ctrl+hotkey combos don't actually treat the Ctrl key part as a modifier key, but insist that you unpress and re-press Ctrl when doing more than one combo in a row (Ctrl-click, Ctrl-D, Ctrl-E...), nor does the client remember across multiple client windows if you still have the Ctrl key pressed. (Dual-boxing, targetting something on both clients, you have to release and re-press Ctrl on the second client) (And this all USED to work before the Carbonization stuff started happening - Le sigh)
funny, it still works for me... have you tried clearing your cache lately?
Yes.
Which part works for you? Ctrl-click targetting across 2 clients without releasing ctrl, or using Ctrl-click to target in conjunction with say Ctrl-E to engage drones without lifting ctrl? This is my signature.-á There are many others like it, but this one is mine. |

Avid Bumhumper
Imperial Shipment Amarr Empire
8
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 20:59:00 -
[19] - Quote
I would prefer a touchy-feelie interface myself... 
|

Marduk Nibiru
Physical Chaos Skunk Works.
15
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:08:00 -
[20] - Quote
I'd like it if the overview worked. If I were to change something about the UI, making it work would probably be first on my list. |

Ines Tegator
Towels R Us
80
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:19:00 -
[21] - Quote
#1 issue: input lag. dragging things into the fitting window is the easiest way to see what I mean, but it affects everything. It makes the whole game feel like browsing the internet through a dialup.
Also, a manual flying interface other then double clicking. Seriously, what is this, 1984's Elite? (I recommend looking to Homeworld for inspiration)
In no particular order: Context menus need to be more concise Directional indicator at edge of screen to selected target More accessible piloting commands (tiny buttons on one bar- yech) Let us move that frakking damage notification Clarity of EWAR status- larger size, clearer graphic, indication on target brackets, etc. More visual interactives. System map with dscan radius that doesn't also block off a full quarter of the screen with constellation and region maps; improved tactical overlay (everything is gray, how am I supposed to see it all?) |

Rixiu
North Star Networks The Kadeshi
48
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:24:00 -
[22] - Quote
The overview. It need to be much more robust and not stop working like it does now. I've come to rather like the UI except for a few things like overheat and selecting the d-scan angle but still, it works okay. (Not going to mention the industry-window that thing is just horrible. SO MUCH CLICKING!) |

Velicitia
Open Designs
254
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:25:00 -
[23] - Quote
War Kitten wrote:Velicitia wrote:War Kitten wrote: * Ctrl+hotkey combos don't actually treat the Ctrl key part as a modifier key, but insist that you unpress and re-press Ctrl when doing more than one combo in a row (Ctrl-click, Ctrl-D, Ctrl-E...), nor does the client remember across multiple client windows if you still have the Ctrl key pressed. (Dual-boxing, targetting something on both clients, you have to release and re-press Ctrl on the second client) (And this all USED to work before the Carbonization stuff started happening - Le sigh)
funny, it still works for me... have you tried clearing your cache lately? Yes. Which part works for you? Ctrl-click targetting across 2 clients without releasing ctrl, or using Ctrl-click to target in conjunction with say Ctrl-E to engage drones without lifting ctrl?
the former, though maybe i'm letting go of ctrl and not thinking about it ... the keys on my kb have a really soft/smooth movement. |

Arjola Elongur
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
11
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:34:00 -
[24] - Quote
Jimi Crackcorn wrote:Oh look, I'm using caps and call people handicapped on the Internet. How rad am I?!
|

Jimi Crackcorn
Directed Evolution Corp
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:38:00 -
[25] - Quote
Well this troll was pretty underwhelming.. you couldn't even muster up one line of text for that sad attempt?
I agree that input lag is definitely a big issue as well. Probably the biggest and really needs fixing. The fact that it's practically impossible to tell when your module cycle begins and ends is a clear sign of a major problem. This issue should have been fixed loooong ago. |

Skorpynekomimi
E.A.D Alliance Omega Vector
18
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 21:40:00 -
[26] - Quote
- I want auto-hide to not randomly stop working.
- I want things to MOVE quicker.
- I want to be able to keep my chat window, overview, cargohold, drone menu, and a couple of other windows open without the main view being obscured and cluttered to uselessness.
- Overview NEEDS a sideways scroll. |

Shizuken
Venerated Stars
6
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 22:53:00 -
[27] - Quote
Jimi Crackcorn wrote:So pretty much everyone agrees that the UI sucks, and I must say. I agree, but I haven't really seen any suggestions on a way to make it better. So what would you change about it, or like to see added/removed to/from it?
I would like it to work faster for one. When dragging items it has mega lag much of the time.
For two I would like to have horizontal scroll bars so I don't have to make the windows so damn wide to see everything.
For Three, I would get rid of the drop down menus for every station in my assets/deliveries window. Not being able to filter by item across all stations is dumb. I would also like to be able to sort items by more than ONE aspect. Such as, 1st by item category (ore), then by type (scordite), then by subtype (scordite/condensed/massive in the order of yield). That is just one example.
|
|

CCP Punkturis
C C P C C P Alliance
537

|
Posted - 2011.12.28 22:56:00 -
[28] - Quote
Luba Cibre is not my alt. I promise! CCP Punkturis | EVE UI Developer |
|

Solhild
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
508
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:07:00 -
[29] - Quote
I'm torn between a UI that works or one that looks cool, hmm if only I could choose...
...what, we can have both, I don't believe it! |

Solhild
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
508
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:10:00 -
[30] - Quote
The Prometheus Trailer has a great map room UI, can we have something like that - but it also does overview and local chat please  |

Marduk Nibiru
Physical Chaos Skunk Works.
16
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:19:00 -
[31] - Quote
Skorpynekomimi wrote: - Overview NEEDS a sideways scroll.
Yeah, a LOT of windows need a side scroll. |

Sarah Schneider
EVE University Ivy League
27
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:24:00 -
[32] - Quote
My personal suggestions :
1. Customizable context menu which doesn't cause death because it took us too long to select things from the bookmark or some default celestials and/or stations/cos
2. The ability to show bookmark points in our overview
3. Fix the overload button please, or add something like customizable_keys(shift, ctrl or whatever) + click to overload
4. Merge or rework the fleet, overview, watchlist to a more intuitive design thats smart and doesn't took 99.9% of your screen (i mean seriously, Eve now has an amazing graphics and probably the best gameplay out there imho, but the overview window made it look like this is a game from the 90's or something)
5. Add a visible guideline for manual piloting/aligning so we can see which way our ships are trying to align to.
6. I want to see a Carbon UI interface just like the one on the trailer, at least to replace the old fashioned HUD.
7. or... just add a LUA and/or UI API support so people or a third party can script a customized UI. |

Karthwritte
Darthrin Storm Enterprise Drunken Capsuleers
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:25:00 -
[33] - Quote
Actually CCP should make more than one UI, so that way everybody rage less  |

Cailais
Rekall Incorporated The Forsaken.
167
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:34:00 -
[34] - Quote
With re worked planets, ships and universe backgrounds the UI is one element that really stands out as looking rather dated - it no longer looks or feels particularly "sci fi". Rather than a feeling of immersion the UI quickly become a mess of pop up windows.
How you exactly go about changing all of that whilst retaining a core functionality and ease of use (without forum RAEG! exploding everywhere) is a monumental challenge and not one I'd relish attempting.
C.
|

Sarah Schneider
EVE University Ivy League
28
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:40:00 -
[35] - Quote
Cailais wrote:With re worked planets, ships and universe backgrounds the UI is one element that really stands out as looking rather dated - it no longer looks or feels particularly "sci fi". Rather than a feeling of immersion the UI quickly become a mess of pop up windows.
How you exactly go about changing all of that whilst retaining a core functionality and ease of use (without forum RAEG! exploding everywhere) is a monumental challenge and not one I'd relish attempting.
C.
I personally don't really mind about the old looks, what i can't understand is why the UI looks like it's made by patching a new window for every single feature, it feels that the way it's designed is like "hey, we have an overview to show stuff in space now, let's add a new window for that and hey we have drones! let's add their own window.. oh wait, people can form fleets, let's put a new window" it's like ccp doesn't want to spend too much effort on designing an intuitive UI, they just slap a new window for every feature  |

Solhild
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
510
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:41:00 -
[36] - Quote
Cailais wrote:With re worked planets, ships and universe backgrounds the UI is one element that really stands out as looking rather dated - it no longer looks or feels particularly "sci fi". Rather than a feeling of immersion the UI quickly become a mess of pop up windows.
How you exactly go about changing all of that whilst retaining a core functionality and ease of use (without forum RAEG! exploding everywhere) is a monumental challenge and not one I'd relish attempting.
C.
The new neocom was a great example of this - worked well and was a great step forward but the whining was immense  |

Leisen
Interrobang Inc.
13
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:44:00 -
[37] - Quote
Visual indicator if a drone of yours is locked (flashy yellow background)
Visual indicator is a drone of yours is being aggressed (flashy red background)
Seems simple enough. |

Cailais
Rekall Incorporated The Forsaken.
168
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:45:00 -
[38] - Quote
Solhild wrote:Cailais wrote:With re worked planets, ships and universe backgrounds the UI is one element that really stands out as looking rather dated - it no longer looks or feels particularly "sci fi". Rather than a feeling of immersion the UI quickly become a mess of pop up windows.
How you exactly go about changing all of that whilst retaining a core functionality and ease of use (without forum RAEG! exploding everywhere) is a monumental challenge and not one I'd relish attempting.
C.
The new neocom was a great example of this - worked well and was a great step forward but the whining was immense 
From my (rather hazy memory) the whining was certainly intense but rather focused upon a select group of vocal players (as opposed to a wide scale plethora of protests). I'd agree though that EVEs denizens are generally 'change averse' albeit often with good reason. If CCP do introduce a 'new UI' Id certainly recommend keeping a 'classic' version to dampen those protests.
C.
|

Hasugo Numani
Deep Void Industrial Group
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 23:58:00 -
[39] - Quote
Combine the You Will Pay sections of Contracts. It is currently split into an ISK You Will Pay, then You Will Get, then another You Will Pay. It's almost purposefully confusing...  |

Jace Errata
Cobalt Valkyrie Industries The Ambivalent
57
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 00:12:00 -
[40] - Quote
I'd like the ship status circle and module lines collated into one sleek, curvy, 3D-effect (kinda like the older Windows Media Players) HUD element. This would include: - ECM effectiveness notification (only shows ECM targeted at you) - Warp Scrambler effectiveness notification (ditto) - Stasis Webifier notification (ditto) - Neut/Nos notification (ditto) - Other EWAR notifications (also ditto) - Module rows - integrated as a "wing" of (angled?) square slots rather than the current separate circles - Module overload controls - a status-light underneath every slot, big enough to click easily - Module cycle timers - not sure how to make this work with squares. Perhaps a status-coloured slot glow, and a timer bar above the slot? - Ship HP readout - options for current-style arc, locked target-style triple bar, or percentage readout (% can also be appended to other options) - Ship speed readout - options for current-style arc, bar, or number readout (other options include numbers as well) - Scanner, tactical plane, cargohold etc. buttons - integrated as edge buttons (like the Windows 7 Minimize/Restore/Close buttons, but vertical) - Options button - edge button with a gear or something, that tiny triple-line is terrible. This should be applied to all windows with an option button. - Option to integrate the ship status element into the bottom of the NeoCom. This should make them one smoothly-connected element, so the side of the SSE would need to change shape when this is done. - Module slots should have the option to display the ammo level as a bar, number readout, or combination of both
About the NeoCom: - Needs 3D-effect and sleekness - Buttons should be slightly separated, in an expanded area in the current location, followed by a screen-edge bevel border down to the date/calendar button where the NeoCom expands again * if the NeoCom is in full display mode, the bevel border should expand slightly to match * the buttons should be on a (customizable colour) blank background, with a 3D-effect border and streamlining - Maybe have an option to make NeoCom icons simplified, easier-to-distinguish versions of the appropriate icons?
About the windows: - The Character Sheet should be a NeoCom-integrated slide-out. - Windows should have a better-defined top bar, and the option to make them completely non-transparent while pinned. - 3D-effect ALL the things! The EVE UI should look like a proper operating system. A futuristic spaceship operating system. - The previously mentioned proper Options button. - All NeoCom-accessible windows should have an option to define a mouse-over interval to open them as slideouts from the NeoCom.
General UI: - There should be a condensed mode for the Navigation pane, with a simple Next System Name and Jumps Remaining readout. - Can we have smooth edges on lines that aren't direct vertical or direct horizontal (referring to HUD icons such as the Asteroid Belt icon) - NOTE: I am not currently logged in to the EVE client. If these lines already are smooth, ignore this one.) - Damage readouts need to be able to be separated by category, and moved. - The D-scan could use a more graphical interface, and the ability to choose which particular "x" degree arc to scan. - The Member List update options for chat channels could use some better clarification.
OKAY I think that list's long enough. :D Let's...just assume there's some kind of signature here, 'k? ... ... OH WAIT. Jace Errata on Twitter |

Karthwritte
Darthrin Storm Enterprise Drunken Capsuleers
2
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 00:19:00 -
[41] - Quote
The use of magnifications could be used in many windows when not being used actively (NOT CHAT, OVERVIEW, OR ANY CRITICAL).
For example, the fitting view could shrink to a BIG icon or to a SMALL window when you want it open but want to see currently the market window. As soon as then mouse pass over it, it extends again.
Yet what I am saying must be a mess to program because the fitting window got the model of the ship on. So the fitting window could have a lite and normal mode, making the lite mode around half or less size that the normal by not including the model of the ship on. |

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
427
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 02:34:00 -
[42] - Quote
Velicitia wrote:War Kitten wrote:Velicitia wrote:War Kitten wrote: * Ctrl+hotkey combos don't actually treat the Ctrl key part as a modifier key, but insist that you unpress and re-press Ctrl when doing more than one combo in a row (Ctrl-click, Ctrl-D, Ctrl-E...), nor does the client remember across multiple client windows if you still have the Ctrl key pressed. (Dual-boxing, targetting something on both clients, you have to release and re-press Ctrl on the second client) (And this all USED to work before the Carbonization stuff started happening - Le sigh)
funny, it still works for me... have you tried clearing your cache lately? Yes. Which part works for you? Ctrl-click targetting across 2 clients without releasing ctrl, or using Ctrl-click to target in conjunction with say Ctrl-E to engage drones without lifting ctrl? the former, though maybe i'm letting go of ctrl and not thinking about it ... the keys on my kb have a really soft/smooth movement.
I sit corrected. I just tried this and now it works.
Only things that have changed recently are a I upgraded my video card tonight and maybe the most recent client update. But I'm almost positive it didn't work this past weekend.
Maybe moving to AMD fixed it? Maybe it was just my system. Weird.
Either way, I retract that complaint now :) This is my signature.-á There are many others like it, but this one is mine. |

Sentient Blade
Walk It Off Coalition of the Unfortunate
146
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 03:01:00 -
[43] - Quote
The client needs a task bar... an actual proper working task bar, where you can see all of your windows that are open, can click to hide and show them, and that don't disappear into some random part of the screen whenever they're visible.
It should show on top of everything else and it should move the modules list etc up. I don't mind giving up 20 pixels of space if I have easier access to the dozen+ windows I have open. Clicking on one should always bring it to the front.
Then give me roll over menus. Sod right clicking, I want to be able to move my mouse cursor up to some kinda tab pinned to the top of the screen and it show me all of my bookmarks for that system similar to a on-hover start button.
Then get rid of stuff like ejecting or self destructing my ship etc and put it on a menu similar to above. I should always have these available without having to go rummaging around for my ship on screen.
Those 3 would be great improvements. |

Torin Corax
Zebra Corp
37
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 03:33:00 -
[44] - Quote
1) Please fix the "States" selection to show Any ship/player that matches any selection you have ticked. Not failing to show ships/ players that match an unticked option regardless of whether they match one or more ticked option.
2) Ctrl/shift/ whatever+click to overheat a module. Same to turn off heat.
3) Allow HUD placement anywhere on screen.
4) Allow me to pin a window in place without it going transparent (Have played about a bit but not achieved it...is this possible as yet?)
5) If possible, allow to move the system/ route information/ incursion information anywhere on screen.
6) More overview tabs please? If I had an inappropriate signature, it would be removed from here By. Spitfire |

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
405
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 07:33:00 -
[45] - Quote
single click ship movement. Do it!
thats all a new bounty system for eve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=359105 You fail you fail you fail you fail you fail you fail you fail to jump because you are cloaked |

Ager Agemo
I N E X T R E M I S Fidelas Constans
23
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 08:00:00 -
[46] - Quote
i would like for the target info boxes to float next to the proper targetted ship in space maybe without an icon itself but with an overlay over the targetted ship to indicate which one is targetted |

Zagdul
Clan Shadow Wolf Fatal Ascension
313
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 08:10:00 -
[47] - Quote
Write an API so players can mod it.
This way game mechanics can be better focused on and CCP can go back to their other projects.
Seriously, CCP, if you want to save development time, create a way for the players to develop the UI for you. It's done in just about every other MMO and the owners of the IP clearly state that any modification can and may be used by the company to implement into the game.
Do it. You won't regret it.
It's not Rocket Surgery |

Renturu
Tribal Spirit Tribal Unity Alliance
14
|
Posted - 2011.12.29 08:25:00 -
[48] - Quote
T'amber made some nice pics in the Little Things Thread
I personally like the Ship Accessories pic. If EvE WiS is Space Barbie, then I'm built like a Ken Doll:
Nothin' but 14 inches of T'aint; Smooth, from front to butt!!! |

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
1
|
Posted - 2012.01.01 10:03:00 -
[49] - Quote
ITT the most ****** paint representations ever.
This would be cool to have. A board of holographics that show a spinning 3D representation of what modules are active on you. With a nice light glow from underneath. Combat UI |

Hikaru Kuroda
Shimai of New Eden N E X O
23
|
Posted - 2012.01.01 12:32:00 -
[50] - Quote
This.
Develop the interface you were creating in Incarna. |

Avensys
United Highsec Front The 99 Percent
76
|
Posted - 2012.01.01 13:12:00 -
[51] - Quote
War Kitten wrote: This makes it damn near impossible to select the right thing if you're: Selecting targets in battle and one dies, selecting overview rows in a busy system, trying to open a trade window with someone in Jita or Amarr... This one pisses me off the most.
has already been solved for the overview a long time ago |

Katowen
24
|
Posted - 2012.01.01 13:21:00 -
[52] - Quote
Zagdul wrote:Write an API so players can mod it.
Seriously, CCP, if you want to save development time, create a way for the players to develop the UI for you. It's done in just about every other MMO and the owners of the IP clearly state that any modification can and may be used by the company to implement into the game.
Do it. You won't regret it.
This is how I would add new features. Just allow the UI to be modified by third party add-ons. You'll have the initial "base package UI mods" that ships with EVE but then allow, US, the players to really customize the UI the way we want through add-ons.
Katowen |

Sarah Schneider
EVE University Ivy League
33
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 04:04:00 -
[53] - Quote
Katowen wrote:Zagdul wrote:Write an API so players can mod it.
Seriously, CCP, if you want to save development time, create a way for the players to develop the UI for you. It's done in just about every other MMO and the owners of the IP clearly state that any modification can and may be used by the company to implement into the game.
Do it. You won't regret it. This is how I would add new features. Just allow the UI to be modified by third party add-ons. You'll have the initial "base package UI mods" that ships with EVE but then allow, US, the players to really customize the UI the way we want through add-ons.
I approve of this idea :) |

T'amber Anomandari Demaleon
www.shipsofeve.com
203
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 04:09:00 -
[54] - Quote
Nova Fox wrote:Possible different hp bars layouts like three bar and pure circle.
Differnt buttons, all optionalized.
Racial fonts as well one for amarr (closer to times new roman), gallente (ariel) , caldari (current) and one minmatar (comic sans :P)
brought this up during CSM4 along with racial ui themes (along with unlockable ones from ingame events) and was met with sniggers. :|
|

Pyrosomniac
9 Dimensions WUT ALLIANCE
1
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 04:45:00 -
[55] - Quote
I'd like to see the station services panes improved greatly. At the minute it sits there with massive buttons taking up tons of space I could be spinning my ship in.
I liked the New UI that was being designed, but was ultimately shelved; felt very "Windows" in a way, and very familiar. I'd bring that in AS AN OPTION (to keep whiners away), and also do the same thing to station services by putting it as a bar across the top with drop down menus if you want the relevant information, maybe a "agents of note" box as well. I'd also allow it to be minimized to being tiny as I like to look at space, not menus. I'd also allow choice as to what to keep on the bar
I'm all about minimizing UI. The menu's are relatively fine, but my focus is less menu, more space... and ship spinning. |

Endeavour Starfleet
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
512
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 05:15:00 -
[56] - Quote
I will detail my idea in a topic in F&I but what I would like to see is a much better way to determine damage events.
Basically we need the damage amount floating text near the ship if we allow the feature. It would have four selectable options
#1 Raw incoming DPS: Amount of DPS being thrown at you before resists. All damage in one second reading #2 DPS Taken: After resist same as above #3 Incoming effects. Any numerical effects with a symbol and amount per second such as logi heals cap and negative effects. #4 Alignment: A Simple bar during warp or align commands showing you how far away you are from the warp. |

Arushia
Nova Labs New Eden Research.
10
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 06:58:00 -
[57] - Quote
When I double-click a factory or lab in the top of the industry panel, I want my job automatically installed in the first slot with no queue at that installation, not a pop-up that forces me to select one from the bottom pane.
Tired of lab queues in high-sec? Check out New Eden Research. |

Sathynos
BSX Industries Inver Brass
2
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 22:43:00 -
[58] - Quote
Sarah Schneider wrote: 2. The ability to show bookmark points in our overview
But in a non ******** fashion, so not all or nothing, but have each bookmark additional parameter [x] Show on overview. I have tons of bookmarks and I don't want to have to mess with the overview all the time.
I want to be able to display multiple overviews. Like side by side, or above each other. For example have one with selected bookmarks and selected celestials there, and the other overview for things to shoot.
Overheating is very difficult to use in lag-full environment. It was added in a bit half-assed way and should be reworked. Somehow.
Probably the best way is to crowdsource the UI - get it customizable, add scripting language and have smart people make the UI for you. Meanwhile you could focus on doing something the crowd doesn't have the resources for - fix the damn sound and add some new music :) |

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
726
|
Posted - 2012.01.03 22:52:00 -
[59] - Quote
-More shinies. -Get rid of the overview. Replace it with better things. -Tilting UI elements on the edges of the screen ever so slightly gives a 3D, retina-projected HUD appearance. Do it. -Make the UI flicker, break with chroma-shifted static, etc when a large amount of alpha damage is received, or whenever receiving hull damage. |

Rek Seven
Probe Patrol Project Wildfire
109
|
Posted - 2012.01.04 00:09:00 -
[60] - Quote
I've never liked the UI in EVE and it partly due to my play style. I do virtually everything using the mouse which can suck at times.
There are far too many drop-down boxes and it is sometimes difficult to see what is going on in combat.
I would prefer some refinement to the tactical controls (e.g. customisable orbit range, 100% custom scaling of windows) and the addition of the UI design we see in modern arcade style flight games (e.g. Tom Clancy's hawx). |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |