| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

KapnKaboom
|
Posted - 2007.05.11 12:02:00 -
[1]
1. The ability to hire and manage some sort of crew and perhaps gain a (very) small benefit from having a crew. This would also include loss of crew members as more and more structure damage is taken. So if you make it home with 2% structure left, you might have lost 70% of your crew to the depths of space.
2. Some variety to the various solar systems and their stars. Currently every star is super bright and they all seem to be the same size. I'd love to see stars of different sizes and luminocities and perhaps some binary or tertiary solar systems. Some old systems with a red giant throwing out massive piles of radiation as it slowly dies would be neat. As would some long dead systems orbiting a brown dwarf or maybe even a black hole. Also, when you fly up to the star it should get larger. Most stars would be huge in comparison to your ship but they all seem to only take up a small portion of your screen no matter how close you get. Like planets, if you are right next to it, it should take up all your screen. As it is now, stars only seem to be a point light source with some special effects surrounding it.
3. A comet or two to chase after.
4. The ability to free warp. (pick a direction and engage warp drive to see what's out there) Perhaps for a steady drain on cap to maintain the warp as you go. I haven't thought this one through a lot so I'm still not sure if it would be a good or a bad thing.
5. Some strange phenomena to explore. Ie: nebulas, magnetic storms, cavernous asteroid formations, worm holes, etc...
6. Better damage effects. Ship scarring, missing chunks and such. And if I'm at 7% structure I would expect debris to trail behind me as I go and certainly for there to be more than just ONE fire showing on board my ship.
7. An 'I Win' button. Something I could press that would cause all hostile entities in the current solar system to spontaneously detonate.
Ok, number 7 is a joke. But the rest are just some thoughts I had. Thanks for reading!
|

Stemline
Extreme Measures
|
Posted - 2007.05.11 18:12:00 -
[2]
Seconded, and Signed
|

Yamichi Wiggin
Caldari Rising Knights SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.11 18:36:00 -
[3]
Thirded? and signed.
I love the look and feel of this game. I just want it to continue evolving. Comets, nebulae, diverse stars... they just make sense. And they would look SO cool!
I know I've seen some random objects on missions and in complexes but they don't DO anything. I found some sort of spatial rift that said something about wary travelers staying away because they might fling you across the galaxy. I bumped it. I charged it with MWD on. I shot it. i droned it. I did NOT get flung across the galaxy. WHY NOT? Please? Let us FEEL the dangers of space.
Loves it. ------ Pain is weakness leaving the body.
There is no love in fear |

Neuromandis
Novastorm Inc Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 01:38:00 -
[4]
1: 6/10 2: 10/10 3: 8/10 4: 8/10 5: 10/10 6: 6/10 7: 110/10
Good collection of good ideas. Fourthed 
|

Aneroi
Amarr VIRTUAL LIFE VANGUARD Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 06:43:00 -
[5]
/signed
http://aneroi.tk |

Scilent Enigma
Minmatar Venture X Event Horizon.
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 09:15:00 -
[6]
1. To be honest I don't really see a point in this, it's just more pointless micromanagement. I have no interest in managing a crew, that's what the sub commanders on my ships are for. The only thing this would add is complications. Say your ship can't be piloted without at least 30% of your crew still alive, you are in a fight and wins when you are at 10% structure, but you can't do anything but self destruct the ship since there just isn't enough crew to manage all the tasks needed to fly the thing.
2. Agreed, and if I'm not totally incorrect about the backstory the systems that stargates are possible to build in is binary since the stargates uses the resonance from the two suns to create the jumpbridge, where is the second sun?
3. Now this would be a lot of fun, too fast for a barge to hunt down. Inty mining anyone?
4. Could be fun, but could also be extremly overpowered for safespot busting. Another problem with this is that only extremly strong gravity wells are picked up when in a warp tunnel, this would render the "exploration" part of this useless since you ahve to leave warp to pick anything like ships or structures up.
5. This could be interesting as well, wormholes that leads to random locations with the chance of ending up in a fun exploration site or the likes.
6. Dunno about this one, it's just eye candy that adds client side lag.
7. DDD? 
|

Neuromandis
Novastorm Inc Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.05.12 13:40:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Scilent Enigma 4. Could be fun, but could also be extremly overpowered for safespot busting. Another problem with this is that only extremly strong gravity wells are picked up when in a warp tunnel, this would render the "exploration" part of this useless since you ahve to leave warp to pick anything like ships or structures up.

Well, overpowered but in the opposite sense. Why use a safespot when you can just randomly warp?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |