| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Miss Anthropy
School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 06:37:00 -
[91]
Originally by: Hari Markkus
Originally by: Tareen Kashaar I, male, have been working a job pretending to be a girl for 2.5 years now. I still can't decide whether all the male stupidity I've encountered should make me feel sad or somewhat elitist.
I worked on voice changing software for a company that provides premium rate chat services. It makes me smile to think of all those sad men getting off listening to men pretending to be hawt chicks.
I've never understood the point of these chat lines. Phone me up and I'll swear at you without asking for your credit card details first!
--------- Dude, where's my face ?
|

Meeli
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 06:46:00 -
[92]
Originally by: Amber Leonne My first paragraph specifically addresses that hun. I choose what I considered to be my least provactive picture out of my vast portfolio (College photography), in fact the one in question was just taken with a normal disposable camera, and on a near daily basis I get glowing compliments which have pleasantly surprised me and bosltered my self confidence. Like I said, it was supposed to be my humblest piccy but it's been well received. Most say it's muh eyes   
well, just the pic itself would be considered playing the gender card. at least imo. guess i just have a low outlook on the online community... but then again, more power to ya
(note - i dont reproach you nor see it negatively.. you just happen to be the first person i thought of [feel special ] tho i've seen the gender card played at different time of my EVE life.)
|

Martyr 01
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 06:46:00 -
[93]
Originally by: BekStorm Step 1: Pretend to be girl and ***** self out to nerds for money Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!
That's just sick!
...the trick is to persuade someone else to pretend to be a girl and ***** them out to nerds for money 
|

Amber Leonne
Gallente New Eden Technical Institutes
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 06:55:00 -
[94]
*Nods @ Meeli* My approach to the internetz is using it as a socialization tool, not as a means to hide myself away. Protect myself perhaps, but most defiantely not to wall myself off from society. I socialize and reach out further through this communication medium, that's why my picture's up. So people know me, & it even helps with business some on the basis of accountability. Anonimity is abused endlessly by trolls and scammers. I wouldn't be such a public face if I we're "about that" or what-ev. So, yeah, that's my reasoning behind sharing myself publicly. I believe the internet is a communication tool. The vast majority one meets tend to be antisocial though unfortunately, so there's always backlash 
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 06:58:00 -
[95]
Originally by: Drilla It's never Lupus!
It was once.
|

Meeli
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 07:05:00 -
[96]
Originally by: Amber Leonne The vast majority one meets tend to be antisocial though unfortunately, so there's always backlash 
haha, darn you've discovered my secret  i tend to lean more towards the anonymous anti-social... just fits me better... think thats why i love the net... anonymity ftw.
carry on then 
|

Stella Stardust
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 09:09:00 -
[97]
Originally by: Dr Paithos
Originally by: Dark Shikari The Girl Card is extremely effective.
If you play WoW, do not play as a male, ever. Only play as a female. And remember, obviously, you are a hot 18-year-old chick IRL. 
(Rule 1 of the internet: if she's hot, doesn't have a mic, and doesn't have a camera, its a guy)
Lol, these topics come up every month or so...
The whole "pics" thing is pretty ******** though. It is possible that girls can't be bothered to get a camera and take pictures of themselves to please every guy that asks though. Then if you do and you **** them off they pass it round their mates and laugh about how you (suddenly) look like a horse-faced hairy-arsed ******* 
Rule 1 of the internet if you're female: Don't put pics on the net, you don't know where they'll end up 
As a RL female having played MMOs for some years, I would never send pictures, and I don't use TS for other reasons (traumatized by having worked in a call center ).
Someone who would insist on this would just seem creepy to me. Then again, most females I have known IG don't feel the need to play a girl card anyway.
As far as girls playing male avatars, there are a few, I used to run a guild and especially teenagers who have parents and/or siblings playing, who know what does go on even if its just casual joking, often chose male avatars to avoid the harassement people here talk about.
There will always be the occasional RL bimbo also in online games, but in my experience, what someone else said before here is true - people who feel the need to play the girl card or insist on them being treated differently are male
And to go back to the demand for a picture - real life girls mostly refuse by reflex, while a male player pretending to be female will just send you a snapshot of a random girl 
|

Lord Dynastron
Mystical Knights Legionnaire Services Ltd.
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 15:46:00 -
[98]
Originally by: Kuolematon My friend found his current girlfriend in EVE .. and now they both hunt bunnies in never-never land ... 
I re-read this several times,, and I still can't make heads or tails of what it means.
|

Lord Dynastron
Mystical Knights Legionnaire Services Ltd.
|
Posted - 2007.05.15 15:54:00 -
[99]
Back in my UO days... wait,,, I still have my UO account... anwho.... about 8-ish years ago I figured I would experiment with this 'girl card' phenomena. I set up an account with a female character named Oswold ('she' is still semi-active on LS if you see her, say hi). I gave her a guy name thinking that anybody who thought she might not have a female operator would then think what guy would give his female character a male name. Common sense would dictate that a guy would give a female character a female name to further propagate the illusion. Soooo... a woman would be the only one secure enough to give her female character an obviously male name.
Ok,, that was a horrible read,, sorry about that,, long story short...
I made a LOT of gold bopping around the bank basically begging for cash.
LOT of gold.... and Jewelry... oddly enough.
|

Kuolematon
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.05.16 04:44:00 -
[100]
Originally by: Lord Dynastron
Originally by: Kuolematon My friend found his current girlfriend in EVE .. and now they both hunt bunnies in never-never land ... 
I re-read this several times,, and I still can't make heads or tails of what it means.
Umh, you don't understand my superior english? Let's try again:
"My friend found his current girlfriend from EVE ... and now they both run after fairies in never-land names Azeroth"
"to be honest it makes me wonder about the mental state of a person who would join a corp called Space Perverts and Forum warriors"
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |