| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 21:53:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Lianhaun on 05/01/2004 21:55:35 To answer several questions, and to end accusations I would like to present to you all to read this. It explains how I evolved from pirate to upstanding citizen of EvE.
There i was fresh out of the academy and looking for some action. Mining an asteroid wasn't 'it' for me. I went out and found a nice small corporation that needed fighters to guard their miners in trecherous space. After thinking about it, I accepted the job. But soon I found out that they were fine without me. Slowly i was starting to get more and more bored with watching miners. I looked around for a more exciting lifestyle and found that within the Gang. A well known but respected piracy corporation. They were members of the VA and I had a blast watching and protecting our borders, or at least asking a heavy sum of money if people wanted to make it out alive. Bad thing happend to good people and Maarek (our ceo) was forced to quit the game, and thus the Gang disbanded.
Within the VA the gang had worked with Space Invaders on a regular basis, so it was a logical step for most Gangmembers to join Space Invaders. It was a nerve-wrecking time, would I be accepted within Space Invaders? As my history shows, yup I was. At first nothing much had changed, we still camped and we still pirated. We were known as the notorious business men of the highway, and often more respected them m0o who shot everything that moved without offering a good deal. We worked following certain procedures, we saw a ship then we locked it and made sure it stayed with us. We then continued to take down the shield to make people more inclined to accept our offer.
If we received no answer, then they received no mercy. Death was sitting there right next to me waiting..and waiting. He only got me twice, but I dont know how many I gave a ticket for a visit. A song comes to my mind 'every day is the same day, different faces with no name, faces i might have seen before' well I think that is the way the lyrics go. It could be a theme of the second chapter about Space Invaders. Because the corporation slowly but certainly had changed, starting from the day we left or were forced out of Venal.
The corp no longer cared much for things such as honour, we didn't really helped eachother if we were in need. Adding to that, I had changed too. Mindless killing everything that moved was not for me, that was m0o. And the misplaced ego's started to annoy me too, I really could not understand why it is so fabulous to kill a single frigate. I simply couldn't look myself in the mirror and decided that it was time to leave for I would never be happy again with a life of piracy.
I wandered around in solitude carefully thinking about some corporation I could join. Several friends had started for themselves and I was more then welcome there, but I didn't feel like mindlessly camping yet again. So i declined all invitations and in teh end I joined a small unknown corporation and did my own thing. Just flying around, really taking time to appreciate the sight of suns and planets
This is not a hijack
|

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 21:53:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Lianhaun on 05/01/2004 21:55:57 And then out of the blue, I received several mails from Evolution. They asked me if I left Space Invaders forever, and if I would return to a life of crime, why I left them in teh first place. I told them the thruth, that I no longer fitted with a corporation such as Space Invaders and that I needed some solitude but I wouldn't return to a life of crime. In the meanwhile I chatted to some of my non-criminal friends and the felt I needed to start anew completly. Break with my past and the evil that comes with it. It was miso that suggested I should undergo a Karmacleansing. The process toke a few days, but the feeling was magical. I felt like a newborn, innocent and naieve.
Then I was asked to accept a conversation with Lady Shrike,I was surprised but still curious and excited about the karmatic cleansing. Could it be that the tide was turning. Could a former criminal, the old devils advocate and mistress be given a second chance? I told Shrike everything about the process and breaking with my past. She was amazed to see me so cheerfull and happy once again. I guess it was clear to her how happy I was breaking with my past, and decided I was worthy of joining Evolution.
I have never been so happy, even Joshua couldn't fill me with such joy.I accepted and accepted to undergo the initiation process. Little did I know. The unspeakable horrors and the agony still haunt me at night. The Barrel, always there and waiting. I can feel it watching and waiting when my mind drifts. I certainly have paid every debt I owe to society. First the karmatic cleansing which might make you feel reborn, but the process itself is bizarre and humiliating to talk of. And then facing the Barrel.
No I have broken with my past complently, I will never ask someone to make a choice between losing their ship or emptying their wallet, never will I knowingly engage innocent. Never will I accept an invitation to join a piracy corp. Never will I leave Evolution. Be honest, you cant stop Evolution once it has you in its grip.
So, I thank Evolution for giving me a wonderful chance and seeing me for who I am. And thanks to Miso and Jericho for being there and helping me to renew myself and break with my past.
Lianhaun
This is not a hijack
|

Lord Zap
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 22:00:00 -
[3]
Once a pirate always a pirate. You think you've broke with your past?! Lmao, Evolution take pride in killing innocents just as m0o do. They will claim otherwise ofcourse...
|

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 22:16:00 -
[4]
I expected replies such as 'once a pirate, always a pirate' and I think Gan Ning received them as well. I think in time people will known I have spoken the thruth. I will never pirate, Evolution will never pirate. We will never kill innocent traders or ask them to give us a large sum of money.
No, we hunt down people like you. Actually, as a present I received Viceroy's corpse 
This is not a hijack
|

Hardin
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 22:19:00 -
[5]
Good story Lianhuan - I can understand the journey you went through.
Only thing that concerns me is that part about Joshua filling you with happiness 
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 22:26:00 -
[6]
Quote:
Only thing that concerns me is that part about Joshua filling you with happiness 
I was wondering about that bit..
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

Maiwenn LeBesco
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 22:41:00 -
[7]
** Maiwenn LeBesco steps up to the podium to award Lord Zap with his Post of The Year Award as the crowd roars with approval
** Maiwenn hugglez Lian
|

Gaius Kador
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 22:44:00 -
[8]
The Caldari have proven their ability to redeem themselves in the past, and Lianhaun shows that there is hope even for the lesser races.
Well done on joining Evolution, and may your deeds pour Glory on the Empire! ----------------------------------------------
|

Miso
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 23:18:00 -
[9]
Joshua has filled me with happiness on a regular basis.
And so has Darth Solo...
Oh, and Maud Dib...
And then there was Jade and that pink attachment, and J0sephine with the feather duster...
...Lian might have been there too...
I'll get my coat... -------------------------------------------- Dead
|

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2004.01.05 23:38:00 -
[10]
Quote: Joshua has filled me with happiness on a regular basis.
quote]
The liar, he told me I was his first, well after Stain that is.
This is not a hijack
|

Miso
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 00:19:00 -
[11]
There is always a stain afterwards Lian -------------------------------------------- Dead
|

Jade Constantine
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 00:51:00 -
[12]
I know I should say something upbeat, and supportive and full of zealous passion for the heights of future aspiration.
And truly Lianhaun is a fine soul, and a symbol to those trapped by the coils of regressive paradigm.
But I must admit, all I can really think about are the words bizarre and humiliating and Lianhaun over a barrel.
I am so wicked I think its time to play "naughty sisters of eve" during Miso's "sins of the flesh" hour...
JF Public Forum |

Einheriar Ulrich
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 01:36:00 -
[13]
 So Say I. Einheriar Ulrich of the Bloodline of Einheriar.
****Minion Of VOTF****
|

Viqer Fell
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 01:56:00 -
[14]
Double  
Ok, so what the hell is this Golden Ratio? |

dalman
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 02:58:00 -
[15]
Well, it's: single followed by double @ Zap's comment, and then, at least triple   when Miso and Jade enters (as usual )
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Scragg
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 04:49:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Scragg on 06/01/2004 04:49:56
Quote: Once a pirate always a pirate. You think you've broke with your past?! Lmao, Evolution take pride in killing innocents just as m0o do. They will claim otherwise ofcourse...
So all those Pirates buddies of yours in the Curse Alliance are still pirates in your eyes?
Scragg, Tyrell Corporation Vice-Director Military Operations |

Cowboy
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 05:43:00 -
[17]
Nice to read a good story of redemption
Cowboy
"Come on God. Answer me. For years I am asking you why. Why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive? Where is justice? Where is punishment? Or have you already answered? Have you already said to the world, here is justice, here is punishment, here..............in me"
|

Khal St
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 10:45:00 -
[18]
Quote: Joshua has filled me with happiness on a regular basis.
And so has Darth Solo...
Oh, and Maud Dib...
And then there was Jade and that pink attachment, and J0sephine with the feather duster...
...Lian might have been there too...
I'll get my coat...
  
You guys.....
Good luck Lianhaun, happy hunting!! 
Only the insane prosper, only those who prosper can truly judge what is sane...
Try TXI's Cal-afeÖ - That Caldari Power Taste!
and now..
Tri-StarsiÖ - Power, Wealth & Revenge!
|

Tokkrah
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 11:20:00 -
[19]
you lost me.
it is only a evolution from a pirate with class to a psychopatic low-life, who kills random innocent people for 'personal' reasons.
topic and story are not in harmony.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 11:26:00 -
[20]
Brought a tear to my eye *sniffle*
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Randuin MaraL
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 11:49:00 -
[21]
Time will tell Lianhaun, but I appreciate that you shared your story with us - an interesting story, as there are many whose characters change in time and many careers are worth a read. ____________________________________________________
Never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
MEDUSA veteran, Khumaak Award winner |

Ph0enix
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 13:06:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Ph0enix on 06/01/2004 13:09:10 R O F L
this is brilliant! for months on end the Curse Alliance has been attacked by almost every other alliance in EVE, branded pirates, pkers and griefers. we were told that because we contained Sinister, who are ex-pirates, we were by association ALL pirates and would now be destroyed for protecting our friends.
but of course, when a renowned pirate of Space Invaders decides blowing up no0bs and indies is getting boring, its perfectly aceptable for her to join an 'honourable' corporate such as Evolution...
does anyone think that tad contradictory to Evo's well worn line of "CA must die coz they all be pirates 4 eva"? or is it one rule for the enemy and another for Evolution?
that point aside though, a good story Lianhaun. may your example be a becon of hope for the lost souls who have turned to piracy...
www.freetribes.net |

Dukath
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 13:52:00 -
[23]
Some people don't get the point about CA.
The original war was about CA helping Sinister and supporting them. To get to sinister evol was forced to go through the CA. Thus a state of war was declared. Sinister might have died out but that doens't mean the war has. As long as the CA does not surrender then the war remains. Simple as that.
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 15:45:00 -
[24]
Quote: Well, it's: single followed by double @ Zap's comment, and then, at least triple   when Miso and Jade enters (as usual )
something we can all agree on at last 
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Viceroy
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 17:34:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Viceroy on 06/01/2004 17:35:58 Even though you think of us a honorless murderers with misplaced egos, we really liked you lian, and we thought of you as a friend. We seldom make the mistake of chosing wrong friends and misplacing our loyalties, but i guess it happens.I'm sorry to hear that you think of us in that manner but I hope you make lots of new friends and be happy wherever you go...
(PS: You could have asked for my corpse you know, lots of those floating around ) -
|

dalman
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 17:52:00 -
[26]
Quote: Edited by: Ph0enix on 06/01/2004 13:09:10 R O F L
this is brilliant! for months on end the Curse Alliance has been attacked by almost every other alliance in EVE, branded pirates, pkers and griefers. we were told that because we contained Sinister, who are ex-pirates, we were by association ALL pirates and would now be destroyed for protecting our friends.
but of course, when a renowned pirate of Space Invaders decides blowing up no0bs and indies is getting boring, its perfectly aceptable for her to join an 'honourable' corporate such as Evolution...
does anyone think that tad contradictory to Evo's well worn line of "CA must die coz they all be pirates 4 eva"? or is it one rule for the enemy and another for Evolution?
that point aside though, a good story Lianhaun. may your example be a becon of hope for the lost souls who have turned to piracy...
Ph0enix, you're not a pirate. And I didn't claim so. I just claimed you were either a liar or an idiot. And it turns out I was right, since all those guys in Sinister and Red Corsairs that I claimed were pirates, and you claimed were not, are now members in m0o and pirating as I speak. So, all that remains if for you to confess whether you are a liar or an idiot.

M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 19:02:00 -
[27]
Quote: We will never kill innocent traders
ahem, i was flying my little BB and then i arrived at a gate in EWOK-? and what did i see? 2 EVOL guys in Battleships, suddently they targeted me and killed my ship!!!! so "We will never kill innocent" doesnt count!!!
"We brake for nobody"
|

Jade Constantine
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 19:26:00 -
[28]
I thought you were a traitor though Admiral Iceblock?
How does that make you innocent?
JF Public Forum |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 20:30:00 -
[29]
Quote: I thought you were a traitor though Admiral Iceblock?
what? please tell me why, in details please!!!
"We brake for nobody"
|

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2004.01.06 20:56:00 -
[30]

I dont have much else to say after Jade's comment, be back after the cold shower 
This is not a hijack
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |