| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Shadarle
|
Posted - 2007.05.31 17:32:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Shadarle on 31/05/2007 17:32:56 When someone resorts to scamming and then wonders why people dislike them they generally aren't the brightest bulb. It isn't surprising the same person would lose money trying to manipulate the market only to pull out because they are scared.
All these posts telling PT how to have done it right are worthless, PT will just resort to some sort of scam now that he knows he can't make money trading.
Tanking Setups Compared
Stacking Penalty / Resists Explained |

Princess Trinity
Astro Tech N Trade
|
Posted - 2007.05.31 17:44:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Shadarle Edited by: Shadarle on 31/05/2007 17:32:56 When someone resorts to scamming and then wonders why people dislike them they generally aren't the brightest bulb. It isn't surprising the same person would lose money trying to manipulate the market only to pull out because they are scared.
All these posts telling PT how to have done it right are worthless, PT will just resort to some sort of scam now that he knows he can't make money trading.
I just almost fell out of my chair reading this. Where the hell are you living Mars?
I already made my ISK back I lost, I RIGHT NOW have near 5 BILLION ISK of assets and ISK.
I really suck at trading 
and I did it legit, reseold a officer smartbomb making nearly 1 BIl profit....
Give it 10 minutes after this post..
Im bout to put a insane thread in the Sell order Section 
|

EliteSlave 1
|
Posted - 2007.05.31 18:17:00 -
[33]
Thank you for the 4 Eagle's @ 69 isk ea. Made my day.
I have made a similar mistake but with a buy order but it only cost me 20 million.
|

Princess Trinity
Astro Tech N Trade
|
Posted - 2007.05.31 18:21:00 -
[34]
yeah that sucked big time :P
I didnt even bother asking anyone for them back, I was too ashamed.
|

EliteSlave 1
|
Posted - 2007.05.31 18:43:00 -
[35]
When it happened to me I petitioned (specifically not asking for any sort of compensation) to gripe about the lack of a confirmation and that it purchased the lowest priced item for higher than they were asking for. All water under the bridge I am WAY more cautious and use the tab key to verify my actions.
Here was the petition reply:
Quote:
Hi EliteSlave 1,
Currently there is a broker fee popup for placing a new order, but not for adjusting a buy order. The best way to help address this would be via a bug report out of game at https://bugs.eve-online.com At this time I don't believe the lack of popup is considered a bug, the the more reports we have from players the quicker it might be considered one. :)
As for the price itself, the way the market works is it will ALWAYS buy the least expensive item for sale for whatever price was offered.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards, GM Pirin EVE Online Customer Support
|

Shakuul
Caldari The Imperial Commonwealth The Sundering
|
Posted - 2007.05.31 19:43:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Princess Trinity I just almost fell out of my chair reading this. Where the hell are you living Mars?
I already made my ISK back I lost, I RIGHT NOW have near 5 BILLION ISK of assets and ISK.
I really suck at trading 
and I did it legit, reseold a officer smartbomb making nearly 1 BIl profit....
Give it 10 minutes after this post..
Im bout to put a insane thread in the Sell order Section 
Is there an easy way to get avg prices of officer stuff? I assume they are mostly sold via contracts now, so you just constantly browse contracts? If its been there for at least a day, then its probably at or above average price? I just don't think i'd notice "oh officer smartbomb XYZ is 1bil undervalued" simply by looking because of my unfamiliarity with average prices.
|

Algorithm 5
Caldari Hakata Group Xelas Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.06.02 16:08:00 -
[37]
I tried my own experiment a little while back.
I decided that the heavy water prices were just getting ridiculous, and with invention on the way and and expectation that some time soonish CCP would make something that burns heavy water, I decided I stock up.
So I bought about 50m units of it. At the same time, I thought I might see what would happen if I hypothetically tried to manipulate the price, so for ****s and giggles I just bought the entire Forge heavy water market in one hit.
As expected, after an initial price spike people started offloading it in volume, and if I HAD of been trying to manipulate, I'd probably have been stuck with a bunch of unsellable stock.
As it is, now I've sucked some of the excess liquidity (excuse the pun) out of that market, it's started rising.
But I was expecting a rise anyway, with all those new CPU-intensive reaction towers. (I notice Otou is filled to the brim with Caldari twin-reactor setups atm).
I'm holding in any case, betting on a 100+ price and a nice 5b profit. But I really doubt I could have beaten the market had I tried.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |