| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Vari
Carbide Industries
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 16:47:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Vari on 07/06/2007 16:46:18
That was easy, type "=if(" and it should give you the parameters to that command.
If it doesn't, here's what 2007 shows me:
IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false])
cheers!
|

Vari
Carbide Industries
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 17:03:00 -
[2]
Aye. I kinda don't know what you're asking but ...
Working with your example here ... the formula works if you need the the number 13 to appear based on a cell in the same row. Please tell me you did the ol' drag down the bottom-right corner of a selected formula cell trick.
|

Vari
Carbide Industries
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 17:12:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Vari on 07/06/2007 17:17:16
Originally by: Callente Riveara well i tried
=If(B7,1863,)
B7 is the number 25 in this case, 1863 is the number 13. There should be nothing placed in the cell if the number isnt 25.
I copied and pasted, but it allocated 1863 to the entire column because I put B7 as the Logical...
im stumped now.
Ah my friend, sorry I assumed you knew a thing or two about programming (or boolean operations). You would want to make it say
=IF(B7=25,1863,)
Yes it does put a 0 when the condition is false. Sorry I don't know how to get around that.
I made a little image of it in action. A column is randomly generated numbers from 1-20. B column makes the cell equal 1 if cell to the immediate right >= 10.
|

Vari
Carbide Industries
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 17:30:00 -
[4]
This is where it can get a little tricky. Look at this image here.
Randomly generated numbers 1-3 in column A. It makes 3=3, 2=4, 1=5. You chain additional condition statements inside the 'false value'. It's easy to miss a parenthesis and break the formula so be careful. If you have a lot of values that need replacing then the formula will get quite long and you'll probably have to see if there's another way.
|

Vari
Carbide Industries
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 18:39:00 -
[5]
No problem!
And Joseph's right, if you ever get into programming, putting too many statements like that on one line is a BIG no no. I myself freaked out and got the sweats when I wrote that.
|

Vari
Carbide Industries
|
Posted - 2007.06.07 19:05:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Vari on 07/06/2007 19:07:13
50-60 parts is exactly what I feared. Don't try to make it all on one line because chances are good you'll miss on little comma or parenthesis and it won't work, and you'll never be able to fix it.
A good place to start would be to read on the dget function. I have no experience with it so sorry I can't help ya out 
|
| |
|