
Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition New Eve Order
|
Posted - 2007.07.23 22:48:00 -
[62]
Originally by: Curzon Dax
Originally by: Jex Jast Curzon Dax, you of all people pirating...that makes me laugh. Carebear representative through music and what do you do but go stealing some kid's stuff.
Even the most zealous can be bought, convinced, or deceived.
I think that the Eve Community, or at least its "pirate section" are seriously confused about the differences between a griefer, a carebear, and a pirate. Now, this opinion is mine, but I think that if you were to reflect on it without prejudice, you would agree.
1. A carebear is a high-sec, PvE oriented player, who avoids PvP - generally because they don't know how to do it. If they have PvP experience, its probably because they delved into lowsec on accident and got blown up, or were tricked into a war. Regardless of how old you are in game, you can still be a noob if you don't expand your horizon of the game's possibilities beyond the most basic PvE content.
2. A griefer is someone who counts their killmails, posts on killboards, and crows about their most recent kill. A very light covering of "Yar" might cover the griefing, but at the end of the day - pirating is about making ISK. There's no ISK to be had from popping shuttles, noobs in frigates, or pods. Yes....very rarely you might find an exception, but those exceptions are so rare as to be negligible.
3. A pirate wants other people's ISK. And is willing to engage them in lawless acts to get it.
Now...if you engage in PvP without the ulterior motive of getting their ISK - you're a griefer, not a pirate. I would consider myself a pirate, although the folks who troll through, or read these forums would generally consider me a carebear because I don't fly around lowsec flashy red blowing up anyone I find.
Except..there's no ISK in that, so it can't fairly be called piracy. Indeed - if we count piracy in terms of ISK, I'm quite a successful one. My profits this past weekend in ransoming / killing exceeded 5 billion ISK, almost another billion for what I did to this guy.
I have no fear of PvP; I don't engage in it constantly because for me, its a nerve-wracking, stomach-churning thing. I take it in small doses because that's all I can handle. You can label yourself however you like; I don't much care. I make fun of myself through song as a carebear because it brings people entertainment.
Yet, here we are with an open offer *through my signature* for anyone to step up and claim some of my billions. Its been there for months. I've only had 15 or so fights, and none of my challengers have been flashy red people.
I think flashy red people are more carebear than the Empire mission runners. You lack the self-confidence to stand up in a 1v1 fight, even if your skills are vastly superior to your opponent - me for example. Suppose it comes down to this: To each their own.
question about this particular statement. Take.. oh.. me for example:
1) I don't pirate, seldom do I ask for a ransom. Seldom do I loot the other person's ship (unless its a T2 ship). So.. obviously I'm not out to make money.
2) I try to engage in... "fair" fights. Example: Me(Arbitrator).. against... (Cruiser), (Assault Frig), (Frig)...
or...
Me(Arbitrator) against a Battlecruiser or Battleship.
etc... Now.. I typically don't feel.. "right" about killing shuttles, pods, miners, or haulers (unless its 0.0; and of certain alliances).
Does that make me a or a or just a out for some ?
My opinion is my own, not of my corp or my alliance. If you have problems, we can have a "who can do L4 missions faster" duel >:) |