| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

insuperable
Pilots Of Honour
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 14:48:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Coupo I played Ultima Online for a year and a half, got so annoyed with it I said I would never ever play another mmo.
Eventually a mate of mine who was one of my deputies (I was a sheriff of Jhelom for a spell) told me to join eve, I said no for maybe 6 months. But eventually I tried a 14 day trial and within a few days some noob posted a recruitment ad in local and told me he would make me rich. Of course then my eyes lit up. And pretty much from that day I was hooked on eve, 3 or so years later I'm still here. STILL WAITING FOR MY RICHES INSUPERABLE..
Welcome to the fold, just one thing before you go about wreaking peoples stuff, the Eve-Online forums are a hotbed for tinfoil hatery. Take everything you read in these forums with a pinch of salt, make that a big pinch.
Well I did point you to the Veldspar belts in Yulai, your fault if you did not mine them.
My friend dragged me into Eve then left shortly before castor was released. I stayed on and im still here today...I think.
|

Gorken
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 14:56:00 -
[32]
Edited by: Gorken on 02/07/2007 14:54:55
Originally by: Cyclops43 You may log out, but you can never leave 
Welcome...
LOL, that reminds me of "The Hotel California". Betcha someone could do a remake on that one.
Anyways.......welcome to the show. Btw, don't trust anyone or anything for that matter.
Cheers! http://www.infowars.com/print/Secret_societies/bush_Sab_photo.htm |

Veng3ance
Illicit Technologies
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:18:00 -
[33]
W00t!
Welcome to the REAL hardcore game.
Its gonna be a fun ride.
|

Kyusoath Orillian
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:23:00 -
[34]
i'm touched by your replies. after freshly escaping the wow forums this place is a breath of fresh air. its great to no longer have an opinion on CloS (its way OP!) or AP+PoM+pyro (its way OP!) . one of the great things about EVEs skill system is anyone can have anything , so you can't ***** about some skill being imba (i bet people try tho)
oh and GIEV ISK PLX !!11!
;) sry.. :P
|

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:24:00 -
[35]
Welcome to our band of merry maniacs! A world where death and destruction isn't just virtual, but personal; where scamming, lying and political treachery are common place; where there are no laws besides the ones that you experience first hand.
May your stay be long, and your pew be plentiful! --------
|

The Hooch
Minmatar Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:30:00 -
[36]
MUUUHAHAHAHA! Little does he know that he will soon join the ranks of the enslaved masses that play Eve.
Welcome.
Things to know about Eve:
Train solid skills, not just guns and things that go boom.
Also, BoB are evil, repeat this over and over. 
Hooch, patron saint of noobs and fuzzy kittens
|

Malcanis
High4Life Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:48:00 -
[37]
To the OP:
Great post, great attitude
Shoot me an EvEmail if you want to join a 0.0 corp right away. If you have brains and balls we can use you however many SP you have.
|

Natalia Fachiri
Minmatar Huang Yinglong Namtz'aar k'in
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:49:00 -
[38]
Welcome onboard. I agree with you on evry point, exept that I happen to like the wow graphics. Cartoony is good ^^
Dont fly what you cant afford to loose.
|

Teemu Rihianen
Gallente the Galactic Defence Initiative
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 15:55:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Zaphod Jones glad you finally made it,
prepare to hand your soul to ccp as you won't be leaving 
You don't automaticly hand it over when you agree the EULA??? aww man... - - -
Join +the Galactic Defence Initiative˝ today! |
|

CCP Hammer

|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:01:00 -
[40]
I'm glad you like the game.
|
|

Tortun Nahme
Minmatar Heimatar Services Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:06:00 -
[41]
man it started off so good, i thought for sure i would get to flame him...
Real turtles tank armor. Real men fly Pink.
Nerfageddon!
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:06:00 -
[42]
Welcome to Eve. You're likely to be here for a long time.. . ---
Originally by: CCP Wrangler You're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, thats what hello kitty online is for.
|

Lady Galadriel
Thief Hunters of Orion's Alliance Safe And Fun Environment
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:08:00 -
[43]
what is real life ? Is that the single hour I have to shower shave wash and eat ?
|

LUH 3471
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:10:00 -
[44]
Edited by: LUH 3471 on 02/07/2007 16:12:08 welcome new slave just stay away from goonswarm they are truly the manifestation of evil itself
|

Aturi Kuomi
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:12:00 -
[45]
Unfortunately I started with Eve, playing other mmorpg's just fail to satisfy.
Granted, eve has it's bugs and issues. That said though, it's the best mmorpg out there.
Welcome to eve 
|

Ash Vincetti
Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:17:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Ash Vincetti on 02/07/2007 16:15:37 ^^ See those gold bars?
That's a dev. And that's why Eve is be better than anything else you've played. Welcome to the last MMO you'll ever play. If you are interested in PvP, contact me in game, I'll sponsor you to one of our PvP courses. -----
Originally by: Barbarellas Daughter "Do you remember the Jiggly Wiggly guy?" "Yes, his thread was hilarious!" "Yeah, and i even posted in it!"
|

Maxpie
Cross Roads
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:27:00 -
[47]
Welcome to Eve. I played a bit of WoW myself a while back, while already an Eve player, just because some of my friends were playing it. I was appalled how pointless and uninspiring it was. After a couple of months of force-feeding myself, I threw in the towel and returned to Eve full-time (I had never stopped, btw), so I can totally understand how you feel.
You will find a lot of great people and a lot of total jerks. As the saying goes, you can do anything, but you can't do everything. 2 1/2 years in, I'm doing thing's I've never done before and there are whole areas of the game in which I have no clue.
So in sum, welcome and enjoy!
He put... creatures... in our bodies... to control our minds. He made us... say lies... do things. |

Something Random
Gallente F.S.O.
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:49:00 -
[48]
Good on you, i hope your time in eve captivates you as it did me in the early years. There is so much to try out, so many things you can do. Its a great game, not for everyone as we see many times but i think its wonderful.
Dont get annoyed in your first introductions to war and pvp - its a different world, and one that can be very brief for you... still is for me . Just remember the adrenorush it gives you hehe and it will.
Insure your ships early on in your game. Dont fly anything you cannot afford to lose without acknowledging beforehand that fact. Remember you can be robbed blind. Jita is a hell hole you'll visit too many times 
|

Indiria Fuentes
Terra Rosa Militia
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:51:00 -
[49]
Welcome!
You wrote down exactly what my feelings were as I started to play only a good 5 months ago;)
After having played the W-game in a kinda hardcore raidguild for almost 2 years and beeing bored by the lack of depth I installed the trial and never looked back. I never started the W-game again, not for a single time. lol. I only had visits to my old buddies on ts, but they looked scared when I talked about economy, politics and the possibility to lose all you have
So it came as it had to come, I joined the leage of the capsuleers... forever;)
regards Indiria
|

medecau
Ordem dos Templarios
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 16:54:00 -
[50]
"i feel warm and fuzzy inside"
wellcome.
|

Vyktor Abyss
The Abyss Corporation
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:11:00 -
[51]
Dammit guys, you're letting the side down....Where's all the flame-throwers?!?!!? Day-release at the zoo?!?
Guess I'll give it a go...
You're so noob! HAHAHAHahaha!!!111 
Blimey - flaming gets boring fast... 
Welcome to the game mate, if you need any help or advice then drop me a mail.
Cheers, Vyk.
- Ideas are my business...maybe thats why I'm always skint! Please read my ideas |

Ryan Darkwolf
Amarr Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:28:00 -
[52]
Welcome to the fold   
I had the same experience in the gaming world as you did....I even played EvE in its earlier stages but coundt get used to it (WoW had me hooked)....now I love EvE like nothing else since most of the "W" players are little children. Every now and the I go back...to spam the forums and let them know that there is something better out there...a something called EVE-Online[:lol: -----------------------------------------------
Burning with wrath, He stepped down from the Heavens To judge the unworthy, To redeem the pure. |

Florio
Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:33:00 -
[53]
Edited by: Florio on 02/07/2007 17:32:19 Welcome to EVE, and spread the word to your hardcore player buddies.
I remember when I first got that tear-jerking "omg this is what I've been waiting for" moment when I first pressed F10. Breathtaking.
|

Cyan Nuevo
The Blackguard Wolves
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:42:00 -
[54]
Welcome! 
(And you get a dev response! *jealous*) --- Proud Amarr pilot.
|

CiNi
FireStar Inc FATAL Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:45:00 -
[55]
Reapeat after me
Eve is the only one! There are NO others!
</mantra>
If you think EvE is complicated right now Kyusoath just wait, you have only just begun!
you know that rabbit hole they were talking about?
you just entered it :D
|

Shivalla
Gallente Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:49:00 -
[56]
Welcome to Eve-Online :D
May you find your path and place in New Eden.
http://www.killboard.net/sigs/Shivalla/random/sig.gif |

The Hooch
Minmatar Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:51:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Florio Edited by: Florio on 02/07/2007 17:32:19 Welcome to EVE, and spread the word to your hardcore player buddies.
I remember when I first got that tear-jerking "omg this is what I've been waiting for" moment when I first pressed F10. Breathtaking.
Amen brother, I waited for a game like this since 1976 when I got my old Radio Shack TRS80 (yes, yes I am really fricken old) (and I still have it boxed up some place).
From the forums wars to the in game play, Eve has it all.
|

Chewan Mesa
coracao ardente Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:52:00 -
[58]
Edited by: Chewan Mesa on 02/07/2007 17:51:11
Originally by: CCP Hammer I'm glad you like the game.
You could've given him a few days to calm down again before he gets a dev reply in his own and first thread...
And welcome to EVE!
|

Krexus
Amarr Serenity Prime Praesidium Libertatis
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 17:54:00 -
[59]
Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life 
Originally by: CCP Wrangler You're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, that's what hello kitty online is for.
|

Regat Kozovv
Caldari E X O D U S Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2007.07.02 18:00:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Kyusoath Orillian
(for anyone that cares , GW invented green skinned orcs blizzard ripped the whole Warhammer universe off and did it again with starcraft).
I am so glad to see more people recgonizing this..=)
And again, welcome to EVE. =)
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |