
Sam kiwi
|
Posted - 2007.07.23 00:02:00 -
[1]
Originally by: Malcanis
Originally by: Brutor Shaun Edited by: Brutor Shaun on 21/07/2007 17:25:08 One of the world's villages has lost it's idiot, and he's turned up in my local area. And what does he spend all day doing? Buying and insuring ships, then flying round the belts trying to blow up miners before Concord arrive and blow him up. rinse and repeat.
It's getting very boring reading his e-peen crap in local, and miners new and old have no real comeback against the guy. He's out to get blown up, so war deccing him and blowing him up achieves nothing.
The farce of insurance payouts after death-by-Concord should be scrapped. Suicide ganking needs some sort of reprisal.
BTW, I'm not one of the miners who's suffering at the hands of this fool. Just a resident who's getting ****ed off with a stupid insurance system.
For God's sake. Look, whatever else the "EvE insurance" is, it certainly isn't insurance in any sense that we know it here. If you disagree, please tell me where I can insure anything for a one-time 30% premium of a payout for more than I paid for the item. Please - I need the money!
Breaking the 4th wall: it's a game mechanic designed to keep people able to play at some level no matter how poor their luck/skill/judgement is.
If you want to think of it as a pre-paid salvage contract on the minerals in the insured ship that's merely named insurance, then do that if it makes you happier.
Then Mabey CCP should change it to be more like the insurance we do know(ie RL insurance). Scc atm are def taking a major loss with the way they do opperate. The best way to do it probably would be to increase insurance costs for people who lose their ships often. But to also do a security check, like all insurance companies do, and charge more for those who do have a negitave sec status. This would mean any noobs who make mistakes would still get the full amount back at least 1 time, and mabey even a few more times. You would also be able to decrease the amount u have to pay in insurance by never losing ships etc, but thats rearly gona happen.
PS Quote: Originally by: Leandro Salazar Edited by: Leandro Salazar on 22/07/2007 18:54:12
Originally by: Cipher7 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Then go do it, big boy.
Everybody who thinks piracy is so easy should stfu and go do it --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this concept might be hard to grasp for people like you, but some people actually have a conscience and can not simply turn it off and enjoy ruining someone elses day because it is 'just a game'...
I know I could get rich isk-wise easily doing it, but I also know that I would probably quit the game after the first success because I could not look at myself in the mirror anymore. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bull.
If highsec piracy would cause pangs on your "conscience" then do lowsec piracy.
You know, lowsec, where you get a warning popup window so everyone knows the risks.
Do 0.0 piracy.
Go into 0.0 where all the big bad alliances live, you know the ones that camp gates and kill people like you, and go gank one of their miners.
Excuses excuses.
"Piracy is so easy and I can do it and get rich but I have a conscience."
Yeah RIGHT, ya blowhard, blow a little harder why dont ya.
With this issue not everyone wants to go around shooting at people, or even npc's for that matter. Some people do actully enjoy making the markets work for them, or even mining . Everyone is not alike, so not everyone will actully like pirating, just like not everyone likes mining, or exploring etc etc etc. CCP have done a great job making a game that caters to alot of diff people.
|