| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Seeah Yalv
Minmatar Veni Vidi Vici. SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 18:52:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Seeah Yalv on 12/09/2007 18:53:54 Ok heres the story, a few days ago this guy contacted me via evemail asking for the 10X run CCC rig T2 bpc I had for sale.
I convod him and told him its a 10X run bpc and that the created mod can be sold for about 400 million isk.
I did not say anything about the building costs.
He then said he would take it and we agreed on a price of 100 million isk.
I set him the contract then he went afk for 2 hours the second I set him the contract.
I then removed the contract after waiting so long assuming the guy was messing with me.
I sold the 10X run to another person shortly after.
The next day he evemails me asking why I pulled the contract, I explained myself and he
replies in a page long email about how he has family and RL and needed to go afk.
He also said that I made a deal with him and I owe him a 10x run ccc bpc because I said I would sell him one and didn't.
Since I took none of his isk yet I felt this wass stupid but I wanted to keep my integrity as a honest seller so I put more datacores and bpc's in the oven.
It seems that nearly the first 20 failed and since I could only do 3 at a time and have no pos it took nearly 2 days to get a 10X run. I dont have great skills in it...
I contact him to sell it to him and hes there, we agree on 90 Million isk because he had to wait so long (not my fault either but I was tired of him and said fine.
I set the contract and POOF he goes afk the second I set the contract. i watied 4 hours and then went to bed.
I left the contract on and when I woke up next morning it was still there...
I deleted the contract and again sold to someone else, almost sure now the guy was messing with me.
Boom the guy evemails me again with a page long email saying how I pulled the contract a second time and now he deserves compensation.
I contacted him and he said he wanted the bpc for cheaper now, I gave him the 10x run (which I had to invent again) for 75 million isk and then it was over.... or so I thought
2007.09.12 12:30 yo, your bpc you sold me is ******* bull****,all the items are too expensive to get, and I spoke to alot of members that only do bpc non stop and manufacturing, and they say that, too many runs with a -8 ML makes every componenet to get to make the module way too expensive or hard to find or buy. To only use at all times bpc of CCC II with 2 runs max never more or you end up getting to have to get more items and costing you too much isk to make the bpc.So I lost out on 75m with you, and i think that business was kind of sour,I thought you knew what you where doing,but I guess not.Thanks for the advantages you took over me.I'll rememer, if you didint know the least you could do is refund me,I'll give you your bpc back and or get me 5 bpc's with 2 runs per bpc.I'll let you think about that.I hope to have an answer soon, thanks.
ENERGIZED
2007.09.12 18:20 Look bro, I was fair and honest with you,I waited for you, when i could of left and tried my own invention on the CCC I I have all the BPOS of the rigs so I could of done it.instead i figured well I told some guy i would buy from him,so i am gonna keel my end of the deal,you didnt.
So could you please act like a responsible seller and just make me copies with 2 runs of tech2 CCC? would be better thanks. i will give you this one back, please and thank you.nice doing business with you.
Oh and one more thing why did you need your CEO to fight your own battles or your own arguements?can you not take care of your transactions alone?its not too shabby,anyways fly safe and good luck:)
Also in the trade channel this morning his corp m8 start yelling at me how im a scammer for telling him its the best bpc there is :P
This is just sad.
|

Thanos Draicon
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 18:55:00 -
[2]
  
|

Tiger313
313th Squadron
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:00:00 -
[3]
There will always be types like that, Seeah. Wouldn't worry about it too much, you did your best. 
|

MotherMoon
Huang Yinglong Namtz'aar k'in
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:03:00 -
[4]
shakes head.... oh my....
10 run tech 2 bpc for 75 mil? DAMN your nice. ----------------------------------- I'm working my way through college target CCP need...more room... |

Venkul Mul
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:03:00 -
[5]
He was buying a T2 rig BPC without the faintest idea of what that require and then he was whining because it is hard to build?

Never give a discount to a whiner. He will only get more entrenched in his habits.
|

Kavol Valarius
Amarr Unity of Honor
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:04:00 -
[6]
These are like the people who come into retail, buy something, take it home, break it (with an obvious self-inflicted breakage), bring it back and ask for a replacement plus compensation for their "wasted time".
They never cease to amaze me. -----
|

DubanFP
Caldari Four Rings D-L
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:05:00 -
[7]
yeah no isk = no refund *Duh* Sucks for him, but it's pretty clear to see why you sold it to someone else. Anyone who gets angry over something like that isn't worth reimbursing "which you wouldn't even be doing technically". ___________
Desolacer> Who the heck gives YOU the right to ruin it for others buy blowing them up.
Zaqar> CCP |

MaxSkywalker
x13
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:11:00 -
[8]
Moral of the story ..
If you play EVE you have to leave your family..
Regards
MaxSkywalker x13
|

Alski
Gallente Di-Tron Heavy Industries Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:12:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Venkul Mul He was buying a T2 rig BPC without the faintest idea of what that require and then he was whining because it is hard to build?

Never give a discount to a whiner. He will only get more entrenched in his habits.
Originally by: MotherMoon shakes head.... oh my....
10 run tech 2 bpc for 75 mil? DAMN your nice.
Both quoted for truth.
I’m actually learning towards the idea that this might have been his idea of a social engineering attempt on you. I’d say hes damn lucky he got what he got for the price he did, yes the components with that -me will be damn expensive, but then they are damn expensive anyway, and you sold it to him via contract, he should have checked and doubled checked the whole thing over AND known everything about what he was buying and done the maths on it before even considering it.
His fault, he lost, what an idiot. 
-
(combat) Patch belonging to CCP hits your drones, wrecking their liberty and freedom. |

Death Kill
Caldari direkte
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:18:00 -
[10]
Why didnt you just tell him to shut up?
STAND OUT! |

chrisreeves
Gallente Asgard Protectorate Betrayal Under Mayhem
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:24:00 -
[11]
simple, if he keeps evemailing you and harassing you after you ask him (them) to stop, petition for harassment. There nothing else you can do with people like that to be honest. -----------------
Originally by: kieron The Ibis was never intended to be a solo OMGWTF mission-farming PWNmobile.
|

Ray McCormack
hirr
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:26:00 -
[12]
I would've told him to get lost the first time.
Proud steward of more public ISK than Motivated Prophet. Ask me about Secured ISK Loans. |

Ray McCormack
hirr
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:27:00 -
[13]
Originally by: chrisreeves simple, if he keeps evemailing you and harassing you after you ask him (them) to stop, petition for harassment.
Block them first, that's what the feature us there for. Don't waste the GMs time when there's an ingame tool to prevent the harassment.
Proud steward of more public ISK than Motivated Prophet. Ask me about Secured ISK Loans. |

Seeah Yalv
Minmatar Veni Vidi Vici. SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:28:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Alski
IĈm actually learning towards the idea that this might have been his idea of a social engineering attempt on you.
Now im a bit freaked out, he did get pretty personal in a few of the convos...
Even got my to say im male, from new york and my age...
[ 2007.09.08 16:16:23 ] ENERGIZED > nice to meet you seeah nice girl you are single? horny? in need of a real man6 I am here for you ggrrr LOL joke
[ 2007.09.08 16:17:01 ] Princess Trinity > well, im 300 pounds hairy and non female (:
[ 2007.09.08 16:19:54 ] ENERGIZED > really? well thats nice and by the way I have a sister you could be interested in, 5'8 145lbs she goes to the gym alot and is very nice WOW looking, dirty blonde hair with greenish blueish eyes,very toned and and very nice fitted with high slots and med
[ 2007.09.08 16:19:59 ] ENERGIZED > med slot are nice [ 2007.09.08 16:20:12 ] ENERGIZED > ah yes a posible chance [ 2007.09.08 16:21:50 ] ENERGIZED > and she is 26 years old she even plays in the game :) [ 2007.09.08 16:21:55 ] ENERGIZED > she is in my corp [ 2007.09.08 16:22:05 ] Princess Trinity > cool 25 here [ 2007.09.08 16:22:25 ] Princess Trinity > but for all i know you live across the world
[ 2007.09.08 16:23:54 ] ENERGIZED > she travels often
[ 2007.09.08 16:34:40 ] ENERGIZED > CANADA-QUEBEC [ 2007.09.08 16:34:46 ] Princess Trinity > New york here
I did my best to keep to selling the CCC bpc but ened up giving all that info without even thinking.
|

Maltitol
Gallente Tides of Silence Hydra Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:28:00 -
[15]
lol
if he didnt take the contract the 2nd time i would say tough luck. i wouldnt of made a new one from cores though.. if somebody wants to buy a car, but waits it out, it gets sold to another buyer, i wouldnt go out of my way to find the same car again for them.. lol
you were right in what you did, just ignore him. if he spams your mail, petition for harrassement.
|

Illyria Ambri
RennTech
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:29:00 -
[16]
He asked for a sale.. You contracted it.. he blew it
He asked again You contracted it cheaper.. he blew it again
He asked a third time and added some guilt trip to it You still contracted it for even cheaper.
Then he starts to complain.
Personally I woulda told him to wait till the next time you decided to make a BPC rather then wasting so much trying to get him another after he blew it twice.
As for him whining later about it.. I believe the phrase "Let the buyer beware (beaware)" is fitting.
Either way.. you were in the right and he was nothing but a whiny annoyance... I wouldn't have sold him anything after the second time. ------------ This is not War... This is pest control - Dalek Sek
Here come the Drums!! - The Master |

Thanos Draicon
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:32:00 -
[17]
For someone who supposedly has a life and a family, he sure is taking his Internet Spaceships seriously...
|

Jinx Barker
GFB Scientific
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 19:38:00 -
[18]
Some people have issues. 
I would not have bothered with the guy for a third time, I would not have given him a discount for a second try, I would have blocked him, after the second try. And just forget he exists.
|

MrTripps
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:05:00 -
[19]
I learned an important lesson not early enough: No matter what it pays, life is too short to do business with A-holes.
Certainty of death...small chance of success...what are we waiting for? - Gimli |

Theo Samaritan
Gallente Aliastra
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:23:00 -
[20]
This topic is epic.
Good on you for kindness, shame the guy was a douche. ______________________________ A Request About Lag Discussion -- Yet another "Edit my sig devs!" request \o/ |

Seeah Yalv
Minmatar Veni Vidi Vici. SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:29:00 -
[21]
hes now trolling my sell post ):
|

Hamfast
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:36:00 -
[22]
perhaps I should offer him 15 or 20 mil isk for the oh so worthless BPC ... let him make some return on it --------*****-------- It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
|

Seeah Yalv
Minmatar Veni Vidi Vici. SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:44:00 -
[23]
well i got a 9x run for sale, than I think I may try making other stuff.
|

Wild Xenria
Gallente Space Locusts
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:45:00 -
[24]
I know reputation is important in eve, but people like that you don't have to put up with. After the second time they would of got told to go away and that they were too much hassle to sell to. Also if you think you're selling at a fair price don't fall for guilt trips to make you drop the price.
If you inconveinienced him by pulling the contract he also inconveinienced you by going away before accepting contract. You want isk he wants item.
And the bit about him not knowing the cost of the components... he should not even be manufacturing if that is the case.
Basically totaly his problem not yours. And if he keeps hassling you on forums I'd say that is worth a report/petition as you can't block on forums.
|

Gone'Postal
Minmatar Vengeance 8 Interceptors
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:46:00 -
[25]
His loss, Hell i'd take that BPC for that ammout of isk.
You either learn how to make a profit or you bitoch about it on the forums. ---- \0/ CCP SlideShow Games \0/
|

Seeah Yalv
Minmatar Veni Vidi Vici. SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:52:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Gone'Postal His loss, Hell i'd take that BPC for that ammout of isk.
You either learn how to make a profit or you bitoch about it on the forums.
well I got a 9X run I stuck on contracts for 50 mil in Forge if you want
|

Omish Dave
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 20:52:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Omish Dave on 12/09/2007 20:53:44 Edited by: Omish Dave on 12/09/2007 20:52:34 If everything went down how you describe.. then this guy needs someone to unplug em IRL.
Then that person should escort the mental case to the front room where the guys in the white jackets can take em away an hopefully keep em medicated/under observation in a big white padded white room with no links to the outside world. 
|

Taelech
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 21:39:00 -
[28]
Yeah, really there was no obligation on your part. Sales of goods in excess of 5M ISK fall under the Statute of Frauds and require a written agreement signed by the seller to be enforcable. You were exceedingly nice to a moron who doesn't know how good he had it.
Taelech - Professor emeritis, Caldari Business Tribunal School of Law
|

Aiolos Caci
Caldari Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.09.12 23:40:00 -
[29]
You are a scammer, this is obvious. You should be ashamed of yourself, and immediately offer your customer a full refund. I would recommend contacting this particular customer with the following apologetic note:
"Dear ENERGIZED,
I came to see the wrong of my ways and I am terribly sorry for what I have done. I am prepared to refund you fully and you can keep the blueprint you have. In order to secure a refund transaction please transfer 100,000,000 isk to my account at your earliest convenience, and I will refund you back 150,000,000 for all of your troubles.
Again, I am deeply sorry for this incident. Easy money clottered my mind for a second.
Truly yours,
Seeah Yalv"

|

Paulo Damarr
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 00:59:00 -
[30]
This is sadly a classic case of you giving someone a inch and they attempt to take a mile. You displayed a good deal of patience and generosity and its bad that you got treated like dirt for doing it and I hope it doesn't sour your future dealings 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |