| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 8 post(s) |
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.09.13 13:09:00 -
[1]
As we have reported in the past we have been behind on our billing petitions for a while now, causing your billing cases to take too long to be handled, but no more! Our Customer Support Team has has exterminated our billing queue with extreme prejudice. This mean we are back to a situation where a billing case should take no more than 24 hours to handle, and in most cases less than that!
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

Frug
Zenithal Harvest
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 13:17:00 -
[2]
I complained about this wrangler guy and they never got back to me.
- - - - - - - - - Do not use dotted lines - - - - - - - If you think I'm awesome, say BOOO BOOO!! - Ductoris Neat look what I found - Kreul Hey, my marbles |
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.09.13 13:18:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Frug I complained about this wrangler guy and they never got back to me.
My personal bodyguard/assassination squad must have gotten lost then. I knew I should have invested in better GPS units.
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

An Anarchyyt
Gallente Sublime.
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 13:21:00 -
[4]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler
Originally by: Frug I complained about this wrangler guy and they never got back to me.
My personal bodyguard/assassination squad must have gotten lost then. I knew I should have invested in better GPS units.
Google Earth, you know, just for the future.
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Second, a gentile is a non jewish person
|

Frug
Zenithal Harvest
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 13:21:00 -
[5]
In other news, one of my neighbors was recently assassinated in what looked like a rogue ninja attack. If you need me, I'll be under my bed.
- - - - - - - - - Do not use dotted lines - - - - - - - If you think I'm awesome, say BOOO BOOO!! - Ductoris Neat look what I found - Kreul Hey, my marbles |

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 13:50:00 -
[6]
I just hope you are using this experience to figure how to not have such a back up occur again.
CCP has had billing issues like this before, and I'd imagine petition issues like this before. Nothing is gained here unless you've managed to learn something from it.
All you've basically said is you've caught up on the stuff that should have been done faster and rather than apologizing for how long it took you're acting proud that it took you so damn long that you are now finally getting it back to under 24 hours? After telling us that 'they are answered within 24 hours'? 
|

Maltitol
Gallente Tides of Silence Hydra Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 14:47:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Corsa d'Azur I just hope you are using this experience to figure how to not have such a back up occur again.
CCP has had billing issues like this before, and I'd imagine petition issues like this before. Nothing is gained here unless you've managed to learn something from it.
All you've basically said is you've caught up on the stuff that should have been done faster and rather than apologizing for how long it took you're acting proud that it took you so damn long that you are now finally getting it back to under 24 hours? After telling us that 'they are answered within 24 hours'? 
You know what the sad thing is? nobody notices when you do something nice, but they will be there the first time you screw up.. how about set an example?
Good Job Wrangler! Free Guinness For ALL ME!
|

Engineer Butters
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 14:47:00 -
[8]
Good 'cover my butt' choice of words 'should take'
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Shadow Templars
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:14:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Frug In other news, one of my neighbors was recently assassinated in what looked like a rogue ninja attack. If you need me, I'll be under my bed.
Smart move 
Originally by: Splagada you're on eve-o, just go for blunt insults and random crap, please!
|

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:19:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Corsa d''Azur on 13/09/2007 15:25:37 Edited by: Corsa d''Azur on 13/09/2007 15:23:29
Originally by: Maltitol You know what the sad thing is? nobody notices when you do something nice, but they will be there the first time you screw up.. how about set an example?
Good Job Wrangler! Free Guinness For ALL ME!

All their work is for naught if they don't put anything in place to prevent it from happening again. Similar incidents of bad billing coupled with the inability to maintain their response time has occurred in the past before this. They didn't learn then, and they've made no show of learning anything here. What exactly have they done that is 'nice'?
As I've said in my other disparaging remarks regarding CCP's customer service. I have done the job. I have been in the position of creating the scripts for and supervising a customer service center handling both E-mail and telephone responses. I've even written up a nice suggestion of ways they could improve their customer service on this forum. CCP falls incredibly short of offering 'decent' customer service.
As a simple statement of fact I now have a petition that has gone on longer than my billing period without reaching a resolution. A response time for a paid service that takes longer than the billing period is simply unconscionable and should have heads rolling in any self respecting customer service department.
|

Estel Arador
Minmatar EA Corp
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:29:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Corsa d'Azur As a simple statement of fact I now have a petition that has gone on longer than my billing period without reaching a resolution.
I've people would stop petitioning every ship loss because they might get it reimbursed, perhaps the queue wouldn't be as long. =AFK=
|

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:38:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Corsa d''Azur on 13/09/2007 15:38:42
Originally by: Estel Arador I've people would stop petitioning every ship loss because they might get it reimbursed, perhaps the queue wouldn't be as long.
I'm not going to drag this thread into a personal sob story. Regardless the queue is not the issue as the initial response took 'only' a few days.
|

Lord Darkness
Super Muppets Accumulated Space Holding Inc
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:42:00 -
[13]
Are there efforts being made to make normal petition responses in a reasonable time? I remember when I started playing they were answered in 1-2 days. I understand that this may never happen again, but is under 5days to much to ask?
|

Zkillz kun
Beets and Gravy Syndicate
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:48:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Zkillz kun on 13/09/2007 15:50:50 At first i was like 'lol' then the internet hate machine got ahold of this thread ;_;. on another note i think this is cool and honestly the only petitions that should be answered with priority are the billing ones cause they deal with RL stuff.
Originally by: Lord Darkness Are there efforts being made to make normal petition responses in a reasonable time? I remember when I started playing they were answered in 1-2 days. I understand that this may never happen again, but is under 5days to much to ask?
i think the community would settle for 5 days with out unexpected DT, then you can have your petitions. _____
|

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 15:51:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Lord Darkness Are there efforts being made to make normal petition responses in a reasonable time? I remember when I started playing they were answered in 1-2 days. I understand that this may never happen again, but is under 5days to much to ask?
Why can it not happen? CCP apparently has the finances to create another game and acquire White Wolf in order to do it. An increase in the number of their CSRs and a revamping of their customer service policies is likely easily within their reach if they considered increasing the quality of their customer service an important goal.
They don't however. No one quits over it.
|

Algieba
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 16:14:00 -
[16]
Well,
a few things: 1) - I was very unhappy when my billing petition seemed to be ignored 2) I feel like my complaint about this has been addressed as long as the post means billing issues will ALWAYS be checked into within 24 hours. imho: it is a version of being stuck when the CC part of the site is not working  3) Never having had used them before - had no idea how quick and easy it can be to buy a GTC on the web, and move on. 4) my solution is to have multiple paths to success: in this case, get relations going with GTC resellers. |

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 16:20:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Corsa d''Azur on 13/09/2007 16:21:09
Originally by: Algieba 2) I feel like my complaint about this has been addressed as long as the post means billing issues will ALWAYS be checked into within 24 hours. imho: it is a version of being stuck when the CC part of the site is not working 
And that is why Wrangler used the word 'always' in his post... right? right? All he has said mate is 'we caught up, whoops. back to normal. Until the next **** up.'
|
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.09.13 17:03:00 -
[18]
The main reason I express myself in a "cover my ass" type of way is because I'm a Community Manager, I believe we all have something in our job description saying be as vague as possible and never ever promise anything. I'm quite confident that my food orders in the near future will be so vague they'll just kick me out of restaurants.
Of course we were not happy with the situation and while we're glad we finally sorted it out we're very sorry it happened in the first place. We will do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

Dilskin
Minmatar Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 17:26:00 -
[19]
Could someone comment on why ccp, as a multi-million dollar company does not have an 800 number for customer service/ billing issues? Wrangler? Kieron? Anyone? |

Winterblink
Body Count Inc. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 17:37:00 -
[20]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler I'm quite confident that my food orders in the near future will be so vague they'll just kick me out of restaurants.
*jots that one down for some future use*
|

Corsa d'Azur
Income Redistribution Service
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 17:54:00 -
[21]
Edited by: Corsa d''Azur on 13/09/2007 17:54:15
Originally by: CCP Wrangler The main reason I express myself in a "cover my ass" type of way is because I'm a Community Manager, I believe we all have something in our job description saying be as vague as possible and never ever promise anything. I'm quite confident that my food orders in the near future will be so vague they'll just kick me out of restaurants.
Yep you have nothing to do with Customer Service. Your job is customer control. It would behoove the EVE population to understand that.
|

Frug
Zenithal Harvest
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 18:38:00 -
[22]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler I'm quite confident that my food orders in the near future will be so vague they'll just kick me out of restaurants.
I'll have the plate of edible and tastily prepared product please. Put the condiments on the side and bring refreshments soon (tm).
- - - - - - - - - Do not use dotted lines - - - - - - - If you think I'm awesome, say BOOO BOOO!! - Ductoris Neat look what I found - Kreul Hey, my marbles |
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.09.13 19:48:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Corsa d'Azur Yep you have nothing to do with Customer Service. Your job is customer control. It would behoove the EVE population to understand that.
That's not true though, it does have customer support in it.
A lot of people debate about where community management belongs, and we hear marketing and customer support and who knows what else. I think that community management is just that, community management. We really don't belong in any other compartment.
My personal assumption is that community management is a fairly new type of job, and not that common, and people feel the need to place it somewhere they can recognize. 
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

Zulu Attacker
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:03:00 -
[24]
well i logged a petition over 3 weks ago and still no word. This probably no the place to say it but i have sat about doing and saying nothing cause don't know where or who to contact.. All i heard was been escalated and thats it... so if this is not the place then please let me know where is cause it crazy...
|

Jennifer Christage
Token Industries
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 20:41:00 -
[25]
Funny how the petitions that result in CCP losing money are given a higher priority than gameplay and customer service. /me nods....
|

LancerSix
Dirty Deeds Corp. Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 21:10:00 -
[26]
Edited by: LancerSix on 13/09/2007 21:10:41
Originally by: Jennifer Christage Funny how the petitions that result in CCP losing money are given a higher priority than gameplay and customer service. /me nods....
You mean petitions in which people can't even play since their accounts expire when they've paid? Right, that IS more important than getting your Caracal reimbursed.
|
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.09.13 21:13:00 -
[27]
Originally by: LancerSix Edited by: LancerSix on 13/09/2007 21:10:41
Originally by: Jennifer Christage Funny how the petitions that result in CCP losing money are given a higher priority than gameplay and customer service. /me nods....
You mean petitions in which people can't even play since their accounts expire when they've paid? Right, that IS more important than getting your Caracal reimbursed.
The two most important categories are stuck and billing, mainly because with problems in either you really won't be able to play the game. I'd say the priority is based on how difficult it would be for you to play EVE.
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

Engineer Butters
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 21:48:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Engineer Butters on 13/09/2007 21:49:13
Originally by: CCP Wrangler
Originally by: LancerSix Edited by: LancerSix on 13/09/2007 21:10:41
Originally by: Jennifer Christage Funny how the petitions that result in CCP losing money are given a higher priority than gameplay and customer service. /me nods....
You mean petitions in which people can't even play since their accounts expire when they've paid? Right, that IS more important than getting your Caracal reimbursed.
The two most important categories are stuck and billing, mainly because with problems in either you really won't be able to play the game. I'd say the priority is based on how difficult it would be for you to play EVE.
So Originally by: CCP Wrangler the priority is based on how difficult it would be for you to play EVE
does that mean all petitions are read first and then prioritized? If so, why is it sometimes so confusing on what we get as the 2nd message as the first is usually a 'canned response'? Thanks
|

Viqer Fell
Minmatar Trinity Nova KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.13 22:45:00 -
[29]
No it just means that there is an element of automated prioritisation on petitions initially to ensure that the when it does get seen by human eyes it has already received a certain amount of sorting in terms of how urgent it is and then once seen by a human it is more accurately prioritised.
Click here to visit our site
|
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.09.14 01:48:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Engineer Butters does that mean all petitions are read first and then prioritized? If so, why is it sometimes so confusing on what we get as the 2nd message as the first is usually a 'canned response'? Thanks
No, the queues themselves have different priorities, not the individual petitions. Like the stuck queue has a higher priority than the reimbursement queue since you can play EVE without that fancy battleship but you can't play if you're stuck in a system and all you see is a black screen.
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |