| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Awox
Advanced Logistics
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 07:12:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Liang Nuren And TBH, I probably wouldn't want to join D00M if they didn't have that SP limit. There's nothing like flying with experienced players. Ah well, I'm patient. :p
I've been a member of a corporation with a strict 20m SP limit. I joined when I had about 14m SP (or there abouts) - through my use of superior tactics I was able to defeat players with more than 20m SP regularly, or at least go toe to toe with them.
In my experience such SP limits on recruitment just result in more newbies joining, you might be surprised how easy it is to buy a high-SP pvp character (ISK or $$$) and pretend that you've been playing for 1.5 years.
Not that D00M is like this. Just saying, SP aren't everything, and a 20m SP minimum tends to tell me a corporation is looking for meatshields and long-range puppets - and not people who are comfortable filling certain roles.
Then again, judging from D00M's killboard they just roll around in nanocurse, nanoisthar and vagabonds anyways. Why do you need 20m SP for that? 
|

Liang Nuren
The Refugees
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 07:15:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Awox
Not that D00M is like this. Just saying, SP aren't everything, and a 20m SP minimum tends to tell me a corporation is looking for meatshields and long-range puppets - and not people who are comfortable filling certain roles.
Then again, judging from D00M's killboard they just roll around in nanocurse, nanoisthar and vagabonds anyways. Why do you need 20m SP for that? 
I understand where you're coming from, but I've fought vs Tri and they've been top notch PVP opponents.
Liang
Yarr? |

Lux Exterior
Gallente The School of Fine Art
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 09:52:00 -
[33]
Passive shield tanked Domi will soak up all that damage easily, fit large autocannons and use phased plasma ammo, with the Ogre 2's you should eat them alive.
At the very least they'll have to warp out, and you may even kill one before he can align, you can bump them about and maybe stop one escaping.
|

Goumindong
Amarr Merch Industrial GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 10:54:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Goumindong on 28/09/2007 10:54:49 If you know what type of damage they are doing its pretty easy.
6x Neutron Blaser IIs mwd, web, scram, ex hard, ex hard, PG boosting items, damage control, 3x mfs
CN Antimatter.
1277 dps, 113000 ex hit points.
If will take the three of them about 1-2 minutes to kill you. You should kill them much faster if they are tanked for missions. After you kill each one the time you can survive extends.
|

Gamesguy
Amarr D00M. Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 11:14:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Awox
Originally by: Liang Nuren And TBH, I probably wouldn't want to join D00M if they didn't have that SP limit. There's nothing like flying with experienced players. Ah well, I'm patient. :p
I've been a member of a corporation with a strict 20m SP limit. I joined when I had about 14m SP (or there abouts) - through my use of superior tactics I was able to defeat players with more than 20m SP regularly, or at least go toe to toe with them.
In my experience such SP limits on recruitment just result in more newbies joining, you might be surprised how easy it is to buy a high-SP pvp character (ISK or $$$) and pretend that you've been playing for 1.5 years.
Not that D00M is like this. Just saying, SP aren't everything, and a 20m SP minimum tends to tell me a corporation is looking for meatshields and long-range puppets - and not people who are comfortable filling certain roles.
Then again, judging from D00M's killboard they just roll around in nanocurse, nanoisthar and vagabonds anyways. Why do you need 20m SP for that? 
25m SP(thats our actual minimum) is the minimum you need to be able to fly a hac or recon and a t2 fitted sniper bs well, both of which are pretty much mandatory. We like to fly around in nano-gangs for roaming mainly because we have to travel so far to get a fight(40 jump trips to places like geminate or drone regions is common), and nano gangs allow us to take on gangs far larger than our own with way more firepower and also run away from huge blobs. In addition, with the regularity of 0.0 corps/alliances that drop carriers on our roaming gangs(we had someone drop 6 carriers on a 7 man gang just a couple of days ago), nano gangs allow us to engage the support without dying horribly to the fighters.
The SP requirement it helps us thin out the ranks of applicants. In reality some people(such as friends of corp members) do get in with less.
|

Kyreax
Deepspace Exploration Biscuit Repair Associates
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 17:21:00 -
[36]
OK, thanks for the suggestions guys...I will tank properly and try it out soon.
AND I will get some friends to wait in a nearby safespot to warp in and unleash hell with passive targeters while I tank them and unleash hell.
Revenge will be mine! This lowsec stuff is fun. ---------------------------------------------------
It's a Templar, an Amarr Fighter used by Carriers. |

Almarez
Setenta Corp
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 18:18:00 -
[37]
You okay with using rigs?
What playing Amarr feels like.
|

Loki Farseer
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 19:12:00 -
[38]
The passive shield tank should easily hold against that if they only use explosive. If they have multiple damgage types just de-aggress and dock.
There are also other ways 
1. Use the Domi (the only problem with a domi is it's a slow kill boat unless it's a Blaster Domi and you said your gunnery skills were meh so), Get them to aggro, have a buddy around to Remote Rep/Drone Rep You. This way has a couple of good side benefits.
A. You can hold out indefinately against Torp Ravens if you have someone repping you and a decent passive tank setup.
B. If they are dumb enough to engage your mate who is repping you (He goes flashy red to them for helping you) he can now attack them freely .
I'd recommend a friend with an Abbadon, Megathron, Hyperion and just 1 remote rep on it or just have him use rep drones on you and no remote rep. The two of you if properly set up and with a T2 Gank Thron can EAT a Raven before it can de-aggress (unless they are better PVPer's then they sound like).
2. Same as above but get a couple of friends in Nano/MWD ships and bump the Raven(s) off station (might take a couple tries but should be do-able). Then you can get the friend to remote rep/help or just kill them yourself.
3. (My Favorite) Give me an Evemail and I'll come down with my Mega and do the above and we can send them to isk farmer H3ll... I hate isk farmers so would love to help (I Fly a Mega and Hype).
In any event hope the above helps and kill the isk farmers wherever you can.
|

Kyreax
Deepspace Exploration Biscuit Repair Associates
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 19:51:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Almarez You okay with using rigs?
Yes, rigs are fine. Of course, I want to keep the cost down for this suicide run, but what rigs did you have in mind?
---------------------------------------------------
It's a Templar, an Amarr Fighter used by Carriers. |

Kyreax
Deepspace Exploration Biscuit Repair Associates
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 19:54:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Loki Farseer The passive shield tank should easily hold against that if they only use explosive. If they have multiple damgage types just de-aggress and dock. In any event hope the above helps and kill the isk farmers wherever you can.
Thanks...I may need some help here 
But my strengths definately lie in my armor repping ability. Can it be done that way too? I realize that shields have a much higher resist against explosive naturally. ---------------------------------------------------
It's a Templar, an Amarr Fighter used by Carriers. |

Loki Farseer
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 20:28:00 -
[41]
It can easily be done. Tanking 3 Torp Ravens with 2 BS's is a cakewalk with large remote reps and or Heavy Armor maint Drones. They cannot get the DPS to kill you before you start eating into them. If they don't engage the mate helping to armor rep you then it's a stale-mate game of hop out, hop in station etc. But if you have a buddy there with a High DPS ship (Mega, Hype, Abbadon) and they aggress him or he just goes Yarr in losec then you can wipe them out easily before the de-aggress and get into station.
|

Father Weebles
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 20:34:00 -
[42]
ECM Burst II?
"You leave anything for us?" "Just bodies." |

Mourn Navarre
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 21:38:00 -
[43]
I'm going to assume they get within 20k of you to keep you held since you are only mentioning 3 Ravens so what about this:
1 or 2 heavy neuts, medium NOS.
Warp Disruptor, Cap booster, 3 dampeners (While you beat on two, damp the other to remove his DPS. Since they use torps, no FoFs for them)
Large Armor Repairer II, kinetic/explosive/therm hardener II, Damage control II, EANM II, 1600mm tungsten.
Rigs: Aux nano pump
You'll have a huge amount of armor to buy you lots of time. I'm basing this fitting on several assumptions. They all use torps and they don't use MWD to get out of range and also don't bother with webbing.
|

Kyreax
Deepspace Exploration Biscuit Repair Associates
|
Posted - 2007.09.28 23:00:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Mourn Navarre I'm going to assume they get within 20k of you to keep you held since you are only mentioning 3 Ravens. I'm basing this fitting on several assumptions. They all use torps and they don't use MWD to get out of range and also don't bother with webbing.
That is correct, they dont use drones either. Justa bunch of stabbed-out ravens and a bait ship: a megathron with 4 wcs fitted...that went pop rather quickly.
What's the "agression timer" when I return fire at the station? does that mean I cannot dock (its a .3 system) for 30 seconds? cause it seemed like a lot longer. I had a 15 minute agression timer, but I guess that was just for the isk farmers? ---------------------------------------------------
It's a Templar, an Amarr Fighter used by Carriers. |

Marsh Mellows
|
Posted - 2007.09.29 04:20:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Amuko
Originally by: Marsh Mellows
Originally by: Perfect Diamond I say drop the dominix for an nano ishatar with t2 heavy drones.
Lol.. word!.. I litterally attacked 12 ravens and a scorp.. killed the scorp, 2 ravens, a cormorant, a drake (damped him) and the rest fled. Lol i even looted. Noobs didn't shoot my drones and there torps couldn't do a darn thing.
These guys were also Chinese farmers i beleive. I attacked them a few times actually.
Proof or stfu 
Lol i actually have a KB and a fraps video to prove it, but i'd rather not reveal who i am :|... Do you deny that this can be done?
|

Mathias Orsen
|
Posted - 2007.09.29 04:48:00 -
[46]
Control your range and watch your drones a bit. Stock some cap injectors in the mid slots. Use a strong tank. For the high slots, try smart bombs.
The thing to research on is how effective a medium smartie is against a torpedo. If one or two burst will kill a torp then 6x medium smartbombs should be able to stop alot of missiles.
The important part is that you have the capacitor to back up those smarties and the tank. For this, I'd say you need to try for 3x large injectors, two atleast. -------------------------------------- ---"What's in your wallet?"--- "There are two kinds of respect, fear and admiration.... I'll take what I can get" |

LordTiberius
Fluffy Rabbit Killers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.09.29 05:30:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Kyreax
Originally by: Mourn Navarre I'm going to assume they get within 20k of you to keep you held since you are only mentioning 3 Ravens. I'm basing this fitting on several assumptions. They all use torps and they don't use MWD to get out of range and also don't bother with webbing.
That is correct, they dont use drones either. Justa bunch of stabbed-out ravens and a bait ship: a megathron with 4 wcs fitted...that went pop rather quickly.
What's the "agression timer" when I return fire at the station? does that mean I cannot dock (its a .3 system) for 30 seconds? cause it seemed like a lot longer. I had a 15 minute agression timer, but I guess that was just for the isk farmers?
60 seconds
|

Edriahn
Gallente Bulgarian Mafia Squad
|
Posted - 2007.09.29 07:30:00 -
[48]
Or just use Ion 2rep Hyperion? If you really wanna tank them - that'sthe way. But torp ravens are not such a joke.
|

Jtbenns
Gallente QUANT Corp.
|
Posted - 2007.09.29 17:02:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Kyreax AND I will get some friends to wait in a nearby safespot to warp in and unleash hell with passive targeters while I tank them and unleash hell.
can i be your friend?  --------------------------------- RWREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |