| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Shakuul
Caldari O RLY corp YTMND.
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 07:53:00 -
[31]
Originally by: ChimeraRouge My corp mates are telling me that they get rigs and ships for free by manufacturing them from salvage and minerals they get from missions that they save in their hangers. Sometimes I see them in belts for hours mining ore for stuff. I sell my salvage/loot on the market instead of using it to produce.
They say I'm doing it all wrong. How is this free stuff possible?
They are completely wrong. The only thing they save by making the salvage it themselves is some portion of the bid/ask spread and the trip to Jita.
The trit (or any input) you use to build ships in empire is worth ~3.3 isk per unit (or whatever) regardless of where you obtained it.
|

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 08:02:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Jurgen Cartis
Originally by: Venkul Mul I see most of the reply here are very calm.
My reaction to this kind of statement is turning Amarr, gather a mob with pitforks and lasers and burn the heretics .
A pitchfork mob against opportunity cost deniers? Where do I sign up?
Put me down as well for two pitchforks, a torch, and a page to carry my spare pitchfork.
I have to restrain myself from screaming every time I see someone list products below material cost.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 08:04:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Amarria Black I have to restrain myself from screaming every time I see someone list products below material cost.
Scream ? For JOY, I hope. The more peons to exploit, the bigger the wallet gets. You see, for smart (and mildly wealthy) people, there is such a thing as "a free lunch"  _
1|2|3 |

Amarria Black
Clan Anthraxx
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 08:07:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Akita T
Originally by: Amarria Black I have to restrain myself from screaming every time I see someone list products below material cost.
Scream ? For JOY, I hope. The more peons to exploit, the bigger the wallet gets. You see, for smart (and mildly wealthy) people, there is such a thing as "a free lunch" 
It sucks hard for the members of my corp who I aid in doing the manufacture thing. For me, not so much.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 08:15:00 -
[35]
I have this unwritten rule of never manufacturing anything that's not already profitable to sell to an existing buy order... then selling it via sell orders, of course  ... ... Yeah, I don't manufacture much, just because of that  _
1|2|3 |

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Amarr Ministry of War
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 08:26:00 -
[36]
Screw all that complicated econobabel.. I simply buy low and sell high and let bulk commodities take care of the profits..
Originally by: David Hackworth ò If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
|

Jurgen Cartis
Caldari Interstellar Corporation of Exploration
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 15:34:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Akita T I have this unwritten rule of never manufacturing anything that's not already profitable to sell to an existing buy order... then selling it via sell orders, of course  ... ... Yeah, I don't manufacture much, just because of that 
I have a similar one: Never manufacture what wouldn't be profitable off an unresearched BPO. Then use an ME 15-25 BPO, depending on my mood when I throw it into the lab. -------------------- ICE Blueprint Sales FIRST!! -Yipsilanti Pfft. Never such a thing as a "last chance". ;) -Rauth |

Adunh Slavy
KIA Corp KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 15:36:00 -
[38]
Time == ISK
-AS
The Real Space Initiative
|

Reem Fairchild
Minmatar Republic University
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 15:57:00 -
[39]
It's not just that time = isk.
No matter how they got the salvage materials or minerals (even if they get them without spending any time or effort), the materials/minerals have a set value on the market. X amount of salvage materials that can be sold on the market for y amount of ISK = Y amount of ISK. There is no real difference between the two. Each one is easily exchanged for the other on the market.
So, they're not getting ships and rigs for free. They just don't realize that minerals from reprocessing loot and materials from salvaging wrecks are just as much ISK earned as are bounties and other kinds of payments that go straight into their wallets as currency.
|

Bosie
Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2007.11.04 16:36:00 -
[40]
It's like the guys I kill who claim I made them ISK as they now have more ISK than they did before the fight...
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |