| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Frisket
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 14:15:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Frisket on 01/03/2004 14:16:46 Please don't nerf cap power relays or at least if you do don't nerf them as much as they are on chaos. You CAN'T make them go from -25% shield recharge and +20% cap recharge to -10% shield capacity and just 10% cap recharge. Thats just crap i mean ok if it were one or the other i could probably live with it but nerfing it on both the positive effects and the negative thats not right. This is only going to hurt all players and make long distance travel and combat even harder. I mean its not like you are going to change the npcs from having unlimited cap its just for us players. Thats so dumb i mean npcs don't even take a shield hit when they use microwarp drives. You can't just keep taking stuff thats already good nerfing the crap out of it then make new tech 2 modules that don't even do what the old tech 1 version used to do. I mean make up your mind this is all stuff that should be figured out in beta. |

Paddyman
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 14:33:00 -
[2]
ROFL!!!!
|

Foehammer
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 15:28:00 -
[3]
right, as if anyone cared about the downside.
|

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 16:26:00 -
[4]
Quote: Edited by: Frisket on 01/03/2004 14:16:46 Please don't nerf cap power relays or at least if you do don't nerf them as much as they are on chaos. You CAN'T make them go from -25% shield recharge and +20% cap recharge to -10% shield capacity and just 10% cap recharge. Thats just crap i mean ok if it were one or the other i could probably live with it but nerfing it on both the positive effects and the negative thats not right. This is only going to hurt all players and make long distance travel and combat even harder. I mean its not like you are going to change the npcs from having unlimited cap its just for us players. Thats so dumb i mean npcs don't even take a shield hit when they use microwarp drives. You can't just keep taking stuff thats already good nerfing the crap out of it then make new tech 2 modules that don't even do what the old tech 1 version used to do. I mean make up your mind this is all stuff that should be figured out in beta.
Oh, mercy.
A) You are looking at the stats for a CAP POWER RELAY, *not* a CAP POWER RELAY I.
B) NPC's cheat, everyone knows this. they're still not hard to kill
C) This has already got a 5 page thread.
D) They *do* need a nerf.
E) how would this affect travel at all?
thanks. .
|

Johnson McCrae
|
Posted - 2004.03.01 16:53:00 -
[5]
I'd love to know that too DM, as I use them too, but never noticed anything different. It ain't over till the fat lady falls on ya!
[ 2004.10.09 02:50:23 ] (combat) Your 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I perfectly strikes Guardian Sentry, wrecking for 747.3 damage.
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 16:39:00 -
[6]
For traveling I use about 6 Cap Power Relay I's. This charges my cap enough to keep up with the massive 100mn MWD capacitor needs. Thus allowing me to travel further and faster without having to take a breather every few systems.
Yes, nerfing Capacitor Power Relay I's would definitely affect travel times for battleships.
I use frigates mostly for travelling, but still. I would have to agree that a Capacitor Power Relay I nerf would be another annoying change.
5 R&D Agents, 10months, Zero BPO Offers.. Onboard navigational [Planetary Avoidance] computer.
My account will be suspended at the end of the current play period. Expires on 19. September 2004 |

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 16:43:00 -
[7]
"For traveling I use about 6 Cap Power Relay I's. This charges my cap enough to keep up with the massive 100mn MWD capacitor needs. Thus allowing me to travel further and faster without having to take a breather every few systems.
Yes, nerfing Capacitor Power Relay I's would definitely affect travel times for battleships."
... But since the recharge rate of power relay is not the subject of the nerf, thus you are able to recharge your cap just as quick, how does it affect your travel times?
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 17:02:00 -
[8]
What exactly does this nerf do?
All I know is that the Capacitor Power Relay I, right now. It reduces your capacitor recharge rate by 20%. And your over all Capacitor Power does not change.
So as long as this nerf doesn't change the 20%, as long as it doesn't change my over all amount of cap, and as long as they don't have stacking penalties. Then we coo. |

j0sephine
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 17:08:00 -
[9]
"What exactly does this nerf do?"
No one knows yet really, that's why everyone is so scared ^^;
I think the idea is to replace the current module penalty (slowed down shield recharge rate) to some drawback that's actually a real drawback. (no one cares about shield recharge rate because they use shield boosters and stuff...)
But what that drawback is supposed to be... guess we'll see. o.o
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.02 17:38:00 -
[10]
Yeah. I don't understand why everything has to have a draw back..
Did someone complain that too many people are using lots of Cap Power Relay I's or something? I don't understand why they have to nerf it. Just because someone said so? Doesn't make sense to me.
I mean, my mommy used to tell me to stop ruff housing with my brothers in the living room alot. But she used to do that because we would ultimately break something. What the hell is CCP's excuse for nit picking at my play time and making it less fun? 
5 R&D Agents, 10months, Zero BPO Offers.. Onboard navigational [Planetary Avoidance] computer.
My account will be suspended at the end of the current play period. Expires on 19. September 2004 |

GardenerOfEden
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 01:54:00 -
[11]
Edited by: GardenerOfEden on 03/03/2004 02:21:48 What I am really concerned about with such changes is the inability to configure a ship in what one might call a "classic" or "sterotypical" fashion. That is, take a ship and considering its race, size, and ship bonus, outfit it with what you think it should have (ie what the ship designers would have intended) and then use it.
What you find is that despite high/max electronics engineering etc skills you don't have the cpu or powergrid to bring items on line, or it is totally impractical to use such items because they drain cap so fast [despite high/max energy skills] etc . Consequentially you have to resort to all sorts of ship enhancing mods in order to have the ship perform effectively in a manner that you would have thought it inherently capable of in its design i.e. its basic stats .
Then having worked out these effective configurations what subsequently happens is they get nerfed because other configurations are taken to extremes with stacking etc ie. an extreme configuration is nerfed as an exploit and in so doing the classic standard configuration again becomes unworkable .
CPP should have a spreadsheet of all ships in their classic designed-for-configurations that computes certain performance statistics and make sure before every patch that they still all work so we are not left with vacant mid slots on industrial carriers etc.
Furthermore IMHO this illustrates that those who argued that stacking any item should be disallowed in the great stacking nerf debate were correct. It would have been much better to have no stacking bonus for the same item but to have supplementary items that added a reduced one-off bonus instead. This would mean you could specialise but effectively the stack would be limited to, say, three items and not, say, seven, which would make policing ship configurations a lot easier and hence the nerf bat would not hit so hard. Sure we would have more items but better to have useful items than those that are merely minerals-waiting-for-recycling.
As matters presently stand I am suffering a crisis of confidence in TomB's ability to balance ships in EVE 
EVE is a massive social experiment of human interaction facilitated by computer technology |

LJSilver
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 02:55:00 -
[12]
Edited by: LJSilver on 03/03/2004 02:59:08
u got to be s****ing me if u think this is about balancing the ships.
This is about balancing the whining.
It was never about the ships.
http://www.liketelevision.com/web1/classictv/longjohn/longjohn210.gif |

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 03:19:00 -
[13]
you know.. the word "whining" has to be the most played out internet gaming tern to date. it has totally surpassed pwned.
but I gotta hand it to you. That was one well said post nStuff. |

Nimrodel
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 03:43:00 -
[14]
I think People Will simply return to PDU's they give Cap recharge, Cap bonus (same to sheilds) and a powergrib boost
This just means people will have to train there Energy Systems operation skill to Have enough CPU.
PDU on an apoc can double the cap size with the apoc's 5% cap a level :)
One small point thaty CCP perhaps should consider is that With the release of Armor Tanking and people using armor regenerator's Having less sheilds means nothing!
Ships that use armor repairers instead of SB will be unaffected by the patch? ADAPT!
Since We seem to be 'Begging' CCP for changes I have one small favor to ask! : could you make an Imperial Executioner with 1 extra hi slot so i can fit a smartbomb to counter cruise and heavy missiles I have so much fun (even if it is short) fighting 40k NPC pirates in an executioner, but My life is constantly ended by Missiles! the executioner is incapable of defending against them. go on you know you want to :P --------------------------------------------- Nimrodel Dark Force User Joint Espionage & Defence Industries --------------------------------------------- Your Medium YF-12a Smartbomb hits Rusty Cloud, doing 0.0 damage. |

GardenerOfEden
|
Posted - 2004.03.03 05:13:00 -
[15]
Edited by: GardenerOfEden on 03/03/2004 05:14:25
Quote: Edited by: LJSilver on 03/03/2004 02:59:08
u got to be s****ing me if u think this is about balancing the ships.
This is about balancing the whining.
It was never about the ships.
All I am saying is that changes affecting ship configuration need to be reconcilable with the EVEverse background in a mathematical/practical sense so they can be rationalised. It is irrelevant whether the change is driven by developer brainstorming or player whining. Changes that affect possible configurations affect ship balance but please note here that I am not saying that is the only thing affected, for example battle tactics and the EVEverse markets are also affected. I am sorry that this wasn't clear in my earlier post.
EVE is a massive social experiment of human interaction facilitated by computer technology |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |