| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

ChimeraRouge
Caldari Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 18:44:00 -
[31]
Who needs any other game when we have EVE? Traitors don't bother coming back
|

zilllii
Squirrel Power
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 19:03:00 -
[32]
SGW will be the one to worry about i think.
|

Talkietoaster
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 19:06:00 -
[33]
Perpetual Entertainment (the company to produce STO) was just recently making headlines amidst rumours (?) that it was being sold off: i am not worried ;-)
www.eve-portal.de - Dein Einstieg in die Welt von EVE-Online - www.eve-portal.ch |

Minerva Vulcan
Caldari The Nexus Foundation Endless Horizon
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 19:25:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Apocryphai
Originally by: Groes Thir STO?
So every seventh knob naming their character P1card or Piccard or Plkc4rt...
You get the idea.
Yes.

Don't forget the EVE one:
http://www.cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20051223 _______________________________ I need new voices in my head, To speak my secret evils with. I need new lovers in my bed, To be my friends and special pets. |

Ja'kar
MAFIA
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 19:27:00 -
[35]
Edited by: Ja''kar on 02/12/2007 19:28:07 I dunno if most of the carebears leave for it - then can eve be playable?
I mean its in space - no nasty pvp and they cannot be ganked - seems eve has only got the numbers as its in space - those that grind pointless missions all day can have a game they always wanted, A space grind where they can pretend to be good a pvp with no pvp - sort fluffy eve
Eve is old 2bh I wish there was a new game out there
|

Phaige
Minmatar Reaver Construction Services
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 20:13:00 -
[36]
A friend of mine, the kind that can watch 3 seconds of an TNG episode and tell you every detail of it... ya, has been following this. Last I heard you could play The Federation, Klingons and one other that I dont remember. Also, you speciallised. So ya, who wants to be the Transporter Op? Anyone? Ya, everyone wants to be the captain. After that I stoped following it, cause even if they do make it it will be crap tastic, or under that model all one man shuttle type ships.
Add in what I've read here... ya, disapointed, but not worried. -----------------------------------------------
You may be a King or a little Street Sweeper, but sooner or later you dance wi' de' Reaper! |

Dave White
Beagle Corp
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 20:31:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Dave White on 02/12/2007 20:32:46
It seems Perpetual have had some ownership changes, and the new owners plan on making it more 'casual' (like that's possible with a Star Trek game )
Linkage
So no, we probably shouldn't be worried.
Originally by: GM Tacgnol Oveur descended from the heavens (also known as the second floor) and beat us all with his nerfbat.
|

capsilus
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 20:52:00 -
[38]
Edited by: capsilus on 02/12/2007 20:53:18 lol 
It will never be eve, i have been reading the dev blog for a while now, and everything i have read turned me off. no 3D flight, constrained to a 2D plane, how lame, no real pvp unless you are in the holodeck. Also adopts the general characteristics of all the other mmo's like having to do repeated away missions to level. come on. and all the away missions are in first person shooter perspective just like UT.
There are some cool ideas regarding starships and there operation. you can be with a gang of players on the same starships with there own unique skills. so one would be the captin at helm responsible for navigation while others are on, weapons/tactical, engineering, and away teams.
dont no, will have to wait. but by them will have ambulation and planetery flight. 
|

Sergeant Spot
Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 21:31:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Commander Prishe Everyone would play borg hehe.
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Play nice while you butcher each other.
|

Paulo Damarr
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 22:19:00 -
[40]
Originally by: zilllii SGW will be the one to worry about i think.
It has a lot of potential and just as much of a crowd puller as the star trek licence.
Originally by: Tortun Nahme CCP also condones thinking, I suggest you try it from tiem to time
|

Mallikan
Gallente Spartan Hoplites Rare Faction
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 22:31:00 -
[41]
Star Trek Online = already know the timeline and story.
EVE Online, we make the story and timeline.
'nuff said. --- lol.. I messed up.
|

Samuel Walton
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 23:42:00 -
[42]
No. I'm sure that 99% of the players will create a Seven of Nine toon and go around cyber-whoring themselves out for credits ala Sims Online, so the game will consist solely of a holodeck suite. |

Nova Fox
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 23:43:00 -
[43]
didnt the studio for STO get eaten?
|

Crumplecorn
Gallente Eve Cluster Explorations
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 23:55:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Apocryphai Ahh, no, I haven't played Final Unity, but yeah Bridge Commander was v good. I did say "almost without exception" though 
That is true, I missed that when I originally responded.
If you haven't played Bridge Commander in a while look it up again, the modders are adding all kinds of crazy stuff to it these days. -
I wish I was a three foot female doll with a watering can and heterochromatic eyes. |

Illyria Ambri
RennTech
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 23:58:00 -
[45]
The Starfleet dosent pay their officers and crews... how will anyone buy anything.. there is no money in the "popular" ST universe. ------------ This is not War... This is pest control - Dalek Sek
Here come the Drums!! - The Master |

F'nog
Amarr Celestial Horizon Corp. Valainaloce
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 00:20:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Illyria Ambri The Starfleet dosent pay their officers and crews... how will anyone buy anything.. there is no money in the "popular" ST universe.
This causes me to laugh at the notion that they'd charge real money for in-game items. Totally breaks the fiction of ST. I'm sure Gene is rolling over in his grave.
Originally by: Karen Serasia Because some idiot decided to sell an internet connection to me and didn't think of the consequences.
|

Jaikar Isillia
The Vinlanders SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 06:29:00 -
[47]
Last I heard the whole game had it's features gutted and there was no pvp. Fail imo.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |